Community Crunch 361: ASA Comparison, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

4 minutes ago, Vaskur said:

Just download the savegame an play in singleplayer or on a private server. Problem solved

Agreed - I actually gave up Official years ago - and run my own "cluster". But the issue is way more difficult for console guys ... Their hands (as we speak anyway) are kinda tied into a "private server" that they will have to rent! (I personally dunno how to run a PS4 enabled "server" - I guess an X-Box enabled "server" entails  running a -crossplay sever in the Windows version of Ark?) And that may be a bridge too far for a lot of guys.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Vaskur said:

Just download the savegame an play in singleplayer or on a private server. Problem solved

The issue of the day is, there's no way to do that on consoles (single player). 

People are wondering if WildCard will make it work or are people going to be forced to rent a server to keep their pixels. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2023 at 2:11 AM, BlakeEIves said:

I find it amusing that even though everything is on fire, and they are the ones that caused it all, they still are siting here, pretending, and telling us that "this is fine". I am especially interested in the difference in numbers of how many ASE players there ever was, and how many players in ASA there ends up being. I am guessing that ASA will be a good game, with no players, since everyone that has over 1k hours in ASE, the main, dedicated player base, are now pissed off, and will not play ASA out of outrage, anger, and justifiable protest. I am guessing about 15% of all ASE players will play ASA. Maybe 20%. And ASA will become a huge financial loss, not because of the quality of the game, but because of the quality of treatment the players, and fans have been given, and wholeheartedly received.

Anyone else have a guess at the percentage of players that will be lost between game versions, thanks to the treatment of the community/players/fans/Ex-fans?

Have you ever watched that Robot Chicken SW episode where they do the ''I am altering the deal! Pray I don't alter it any further!''. That's how this goes....

• Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, DarkDraken17 said:

I'm noticing a lot of pictures wildcard, but no gameplay or videos or simulators of the actual games. when will they actually figure out that all we really want is to see is real in game progress of production. Who agrees with me?

They've already made their statement on gameplay. They said it won't be coming until shortly before launch.

They know exactly what the community wants, but their plans/vision are different. Also considering there won't be any pre-order then the need to see gameplay is less important (still very much wanted though). You just gotta accept Wildcard are handling this the way they want to.

26 minutes ago, DarkDraken17 said:

I guess that makes sense, but it would still be nice to see some more major improvements. It's also exciting knowing that it could be coming out in just a few months.

My God, why is this not understood?
It was something like 8 weeks ago that they decided to turn ARK COMPLETELY upside down and not just upgrade it.

It's a new engine that they have to deal with and they have to figure out what's possible with Ark and the Enginge.

The programming also takes its time, that does not go from one day to the next.

They have already announced that they want to change a lot, including that the dinos find their own way. (Test programming for Ark2, so I personally suspect that they change a lot, which has already been addressed by them).

And read up on how people get upset because WC does something different than previously announced. (60 dollars instead of free)
That would give even more vituperative texts.
So they can work in peace and not worry about what they have announced and whether they "may" change it or the players again get a heart attack and throw the game out the window.

For what we need sleeping bag?

Maybe to sit near it and admire visual look of it?

Or maybe we are happy to know it will have new added functionality like to be able to put it on floor ( foundation or ceiling)  instead just on wild area like now.

Or maybe will be added infinite usage like bed?

If not DILO UE5, who care how it look.

Do we will have smithy with 300 slot instead of 75 as  is now or  its primary usage will be just candy eye?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

RIP Ark. I played for years since even before Abbarition came out and your charging us veterans that played this long for a slight better detailed Ark? Sure we have bit our tongue due to bugs, glitches, disconnections for all these years and all, but how will the details make Ark 2 a sucess? Your going to buy Ark 1 all over again with no changes just the same bugs, glitches, and disconnections with blue screens.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LovelyAngel87 said:

RIP Ark. I played for years since even before Abbarition came out and your charging us veterans that played this long for a slight better detailed Ark? Sure we have bit our tongue due to bugs, glitches, disconnections for all these years and all, but how will the details make Ark 2 a sucess? Your going to buy Ark 1 all over again with no changes just the same bugs, glitches, and disconnections with blue screens.

This true is to the point that after 7 years on the game I never get off a flyer without eating a steak just in case I'm still in the air on a lag rubber band. Makes you wonder what's the point of buying ASA if this is the state after 7-8 years on ASE.

• Like 1

All this looks very nice. But it might be a bit boring if they will not place new challenges into this game. Majority of us did all tasks on all maps. Would a game play be a bit more boring to repeat all again with new graphics? As we did it for so many times that lot of us left game as there was nothing else to do, except to help noobs...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, krupi said:

All this looks very nice. But it might be a bit boring if they will not place new challenges into this game. Majority of us did all tasks on all maps. Would a game play be a bit more boring to repeat all again with new graphics? As we did it for so many times that lot of us left game as there was nothing else to do, except to help noobs...

Well, there are mods that change the game a lot.
And how about playing very slowly and getting to know animals that you otherwise never use?

On 5/15/2023 at 10:36 AM, GP said:

They've already made their statement on gameplay. They said it won't be coming until shortly before launch.

They know exactly what the community wants, but their plans/vision are different. Also considering there won't be any pre-order then the need to see gameplay is less important (still very much wanted though). You just gotta accept Wildcard are handling this the way they want to.

Yes that’s true that they know what the community wants but they haven’t actually heeded to what the community wants in 8 years, only on very few occasions.  It is also true that their plans/visions are different.  ASE is the best example, no one and I mean NO ONE plays ASE how the devs visioned it to be played.  

This is where me (and a vast majority) of the community disagrees with the not showing of gameplay until right before launch.  Just because there is no pre-order doesn’t mean the need to see game play is less important.  If they are going to charge for ASA then they need to SELL the game to us.  Make it so we HAVE to have it and will do what we need to do to play it.  It is wanted and NEEDED!  After 8 years of a glitched out, bug filled, black/blue screening, ark law making Murphy cry in a corner love hate relationship that has been Ark: Survival Evolved; we want to make sure before we smoke 60-600 bucks on the game that it is truly an updated and BETTER version of the original.  Most of us have our hardware to upgrade as well, it’s not as simple as buying the game in the store (virtual or brick and mortar), wait for it to update and off to the races.  I play on Xbox, so I would have to upgrade my console to a series x (to really get the full experience), and possibly my laptop.  So that would be a grand total of almost $2k just to play 1 game.  I have a good paying job, but that price tag stings a little bit, money just don’t grow on trees.  Players that have to go that route are the ones that are kinda given the middle finger with this.  Almost a “oh you can’t afford upgraded hardware, that sucks, well good luck to ya!”  If many of us need to spend minimum of $600 bucks to play this game we want to make sure it is what we expect and what WC says it is.  In order for that to take place, WC needs to put their money where their mouth is and let the product do the talking. The old adage of put up or shut up.  

They have lost a good bit of the community as it is since the roadmap release and either they are unaware, blind, just don’t care or under the thumb of a cheating entity we all know as Snail Games.  This whole plan they want to follow won’t work the same as it has in the past, not now.  It’s company suicide.  If there is a grand multitude of things they have fixed, cleaned up or upgraded then there should be more than enough to show the community other than just snapshots of models in UR5.  If Wildcard wants to continue to be a profitable company then they need to get rid of all the bs and drama that has played out over the last month, get ahead of this and start getting the reveals out there.  Get in to our minds, hearts and souls again like they once did, so long ago….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

no one and I mean NO ONE plays ASE how the devs visioned it to be played.  

That’s not even remotely true. 

6 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

This is where me (and a vast majority) of the community disagrees

You have a mouse in your pocket? You don’t speak for “the vast majority” 😂 

4 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That’s not even remotely true. 

You have a mouse in your pocket? You don’t speak for “the vast majority” 😂 

I can speak to probability majority of the community because we’re all saying the same thing.  Just about every player I talk to has the same sentiment about this as I’m stating here, as well as reading through others comments about this whole thing.  Besides out of that entire long post those are the 2 things you picked that I said to nit pick about when I was making a more important point of what a lot of us are faced with if we want to continue to play the game we love and why seeing gameplay IS important to the community, long before they plan on releasing it.

Yes it is true.  The amount of players that I have played with do play with don’t play the game how the devs meant for it to be played, but the devs have also come out and said that they noticed most of the community doesn’t play the game how they anticipated.  Not to mention PvP is completely opposite of how the devs anticipated the game to be played, they have openly admitted that as well.  PvE does follow more in line with what the devs envisioned than PvP, but it’s not as much as believed.  If I get a chance I will try to find the video of them saying that.  In that interview they also brought up about how creatures and items are used in the game that they had never thought of when they were designing them.  

I’m not sure what I did to you but I feel that the sarcasm was a little uncalled for.  I was not sarcastic, demeaning or anything of the sort to GP, I agreed with a couple points and disagreed with others and respectfully stated my reasons why.

• Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, ccz2887 said:

I can speak to probability majority of the community because we’re all saying the same thing.  Just about every player I talk to has the same sentiment about this as I’m stating here, as well as reading through others comments about this whole thing.  Besides out of that entire long post those are the 2 things you picked that I said to nit pick about when I was making a more important point of what a lot of us are faced with if we want to continue to play the game we love and why seeing gameplay IS important to the community, long before they plan on releasing it.

Yes it is true.  The amount of players that I have played with do play with don’t play the game how the devs meant for it to be played, but the devs have also come out and said that they noticed most of the community doesn’t play the game how they anticipated.  Not to mention PvP is completely opposite of how the devs anticipated the game to be played, they have openly admitted that as well.  PvE does follow more in line with what the devs envisioned than PvP, but it’s not as much as believed.  If I get a chance I will try to find the video of them saying that.  In that interview they also brought up about how creatures and items are used in the game that they had never thought of when they were designing them.  

I’m not sure what I did to you but I feel that the sarcasm was a little uncalled for.  I was not sarcastic, demeaning or anything of the sort to GP, I agreed with a couple points and disagreed with others and respectfully stated my reasons why.

It's nothing personal. I'm just pointing out that you don't, in fact, speak for the majority. The majority of people playing this game don't come to this forum. Your stated experience with other people is nothing more than anecdotal.

In fact, from a numbers game, only a small handful of people on this forum are complaining about the situation.

As far as people using items and dinos in ways the devs "never thought of". Thats neither extraordinary nor new for any game. That's par for the course. 

So you can put that crown on your head as much as you like as if you are speaking for the majority. It doesn't make it true. It never will no matter how often you say it.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's nothing personal. I'm just pointing out that you don't, in fact, speak for the majority. The majority of people playing this game don't come to this forum. Your stated experience with other people is nothing more than anecdotal.

In fact, from a numbers game, only a small handful of people on this forum are complaining about the situation.

As far as people using items and dinos in ways the devs "never thought of". Thats neither extraordinary nor new for any game. That's par for the course. 

So you can put that crown on your head as much as you like as if you are speaking for the majority. It doesn't make it true. It never will no matter how often you say it.

I dunno, I don't think it's a hot take to say the majority want to see gameplay.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Frael said:

I dunno, I don't think it's a hot take to say the majority want to see gameplay.

Oh I don't doubt that for a minute. It's natural for people to want to see what they might be getting into. It's not Wildcards style. Never has been really. They release everything in Early Access. 

1 hour ago, ccz2887 said:

If I get a chance I will try to find the video of them saying that.  In that interview they also brought up about how creatures and items are used in the game that they had never thought of when they were designing them.

Personally, I think that's the hallmark of something really amazing. The game is so good that the assets have a "life" of their own!

Unfortunately that's about it. ARK is a truly wonderful idea - bad coded. It really is a love/hate relationship, with the crashes, collisions problems (the dinos collision box behave more like a ball of cotton full of hooks than anything else), truly awful tame path finding...

And then we have a game that we say "I'll do just this, and then stop". Five hours later we are "still" doing the nth "just this", and will "then stop after". Yeah, right.

But now we have this dumpster fire. It isn't a matter of "it could have been handled better". It's more a case of "I didn't think it was possible to go so wrong so fast - must be a world record".

Edited by PaleoGamer
  • Like 2