Community Crunch 361: ASA Comparison, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, SinergyX said:

And you believe people to preorder/buy this game they basicly already own, and the new one havent seen a single bit?

They are not even offering pre-orders yet. So clearly, no, they don't expect people to pre-order yet, because they literally cannot? :)

Even once pre-orders are out, its your choice to just wait until its out, or whatever information you are waiting for has been released.

Edited by nevcairiel

16 minutes ago, BlakeEIves said:

I find it amusing that even though everything is on fire, and they are the ones that caused it all, they still are siting here, pretending, and telling us that "this is fine". I am especially interested in the difference in numbers of how many ASE players there ever was, and how many players in ASA there ends up being. I am guessing that ASA will be a good game, with no players, since everyone that has over 1k hours in ASE, the main, dedicated player base, are now pissed off, and will not play ASA out of outrage, anger, and justifiable protest. I am guessing about 15% of all ASE players will play ASA. Maybe 20%. And ASA will become a huge financial loss, not because of the quality of the game, but because of the quality of treatment the players, and fans have been given, and wholeheartedly received.

Anyone else have a guess at the percentage of players that will be lost between game versions, thanks to the treatment of the community/players/fans/Ex-fans?

By judging the server populations between no and this time last year, I’d say your numbers are pretty spot on.  The last time I logged onto the official gen 2 server there was maybe 8 people on, compared to March 30th when there was closer to 40.  It is absolutely amazing to me that there are proverbial riots in the streets, and there is nothing coming from Wildcard on any of this.  It’s sad, disappointing and most of all unbelievable that a company with ONE viable product would be so lackluster in keeping the community that has been built.  It’s their bread and butter.  If it were me, I’d be trying to hold on to the older ASE players and definitely doing everything to gain new players.  Most of all, I’d be calling out a wolf in the hen house no matter what ramifications were to follow, and doing everything humanly possible to get away from such careless oppression.

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, ccz2887 said:

I agree, the look of the new assets is awesome!  The smithy actually looks like a smiths work bench.  The mortar and pestle is a nice upgrade as well as the sleeping bag.  I said it last week, I’ll say it again.  Releasing gameplay footage “shortly before launch” probably not the best decision.  I (as well as many others I’m sure) do like seeing the upgrades, and I’m very excited to log into ASA on release day, but with every passing crunch with only little bites of upgrades and what was blowing up on YouTube this past week, things are not looking good in the world of Ark.

Us here in the community are here to comment, suggest and sometimes critique the game we all love.  I’m sure I speak for many of us here when I say that we stand behind YOU, Wildcard.  Cheaters and those that use connections to get their own way should not be tolerated,  NO MATTER WHO IT IS OR THEIR AFFILIATION!  Some may feel that in their part of the world that behavior is ok, but this game was founded in the US, and that behavior is not acceptable here, nor should it be.  I don’t know what (if) anything you guys can do to stop that nonsense in its tracks but it needs to be done, and BEFORE the launch of ASA.  Aight, enough of that rant.

Wildcard, ya gotta juice up the crunches.  Grab the caption of your community again, restore the trust we once had.  Be it many years ago, there was still trust once.  Restore the excitement and anticipation of playing the upgraded game.  Little bites won’t do it, you know how to hype us up.  If there was ever a time we need the hype up more than ever, IT’S NOW!!!  Up the ante, throw some high level cards on the table, get us full of excitement again.  That’s what we REALLY need, an$ you guys too.  You won’t regret it!

This!

45 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

Oh so beautiful, I like the revision.
I am already curious how it will continue.  
Whether the animals then also adapt to the ground and perhaps the riding/behavior becomes more realistic?

So that the animal body goes into a sloping position when the animal climbs up a steep slope, or you don't have the fastest speed right away, but that it builds up slowly and you also notice how the animal has to struggle when it runs longer.

Maybe also that it becomes more and more unwilling when the endurance is at the end.
That it overcomes even small obstacles, with a jump/climb or similar.
Not running freely against objects.

I would celebrate the game so if it was really significantly more realistic. 
Not realistic in the sense that there are rexes and humans at the same time.
But that you could think you almost have a real animal standing there.

I'm praying for that, if that were the case I'd probably do everything I could to get the Hunted rewritten for ASA and I'd get my PC ready for ASA! No matter how long that takes.

Please please please make it more realistic from everything.

I also put up with a lot of bugs since I don't know a single game without it anyway.

I am so impatient and excited to see what you will present to us. (Yes, I am aware that my wishes are very high and may never be implemented.
But you can dream!)

Idonno, a lot of the strategies are "exploit the bad pathing or ai to lure the dino into a trap", while I want better ai, i'm afraid that with the current taming times/difficulty it going to be a very large hurtle for new players to get over. which sadly, they're going to need a lot of to balance out existing players they're burning on the handling of ASA.

Frankly I'm still waiting on water. like give me some tides or flowing rivers, good rain, or fantastic waterfalls. Gimme scum-laden ponds with a gentle sheen of swampish oil on the top, or physics so you can make your own fountains and pools. I will legit throw down the FULL 60, no further complaints, take my baby gigas on ase out behind the shed myself and old yeller them, if they let me have water features i can create and that work. To quote the meme, once again i am asking for a friggin fish pond.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kukiryu said:

Was hoping for a comment on what a certain undisclosed tribe did on a certain undisclosed official server. Really hoping for some public action on that but I do love the new ASA smithy and mortar and pestle

I haven't seen any news about some tribe doing something in ark, could you please tell me or link me to something that will?

Premium advice found on the internet:

"The goal of interpersonal problem solving is to help confront problems in a manner that shows respect for the relationship and the other person."

It would be good if you addressed the problems that have become obvious, Wildcard. It's not a good idea to treat us disrespectfully by ignoring us and our demands.

Edited by Luminus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jaaaa, of course I also hope for the whole thing you wrote.

But didn't they somehow mention that the water will then adapt to the animals and characters and there will really be ripples, as well as the bushes bend when you walk through them?

Or did I misunderstand something?

There was so much speculation, now I just do not know what they have told and what not.

And I ask very strongly that something like this comes.

I also want my fish pond!
Where you can also keep your dolphins in it, or maybe a few salmon. (For others, of course, their storage for octopus & Co.).

By the way, I'm probably one of the few who still play Ark with fire.

I don't care if ASA comes or not. Even if I would change to ASA then, I don't let my fun take away now.
No matter how sad it is that I would then lose everything, but I have started and finished too many games. Besides, I can always go back to ASE.

Things now definitely look more "realistic" than before. Especially the tree. It's like day and night.

And yes I also hope that the mortar can change the view depending on the ingredients. Or there is something new for ignition powder.

It would also be nice if the goods, if they are thrown on the ground look like what you throw away (Except components).

But fiber, leather, beads definitely look nicer than a plain package.

To all the complainers I say now times nothing. 
But I would be curious to know how many of them are more than happy afterwards, should ASA really become really good.

3 hours ago, BlakeEIves said:

I find it amusing that even though everything is on fire, and they are the ones that caused it all, they still are siting here, pretending, and telling us that "this is fine". I am especially interested in the difference in numbers of how many ASE players there ever was, and how many players in ASA there ends up being. I am guessing that ASA will be a good game, with no players, since everyone that has over 1k hours in ASE, the main, dedicated player base, are now pissed off, and will not play ASA out of outrage, anger, and justifiable protest. I am guessing about 15% of all ASE players will play ASA. Maybe 20%. And ASA will become a huge financial loss, not because of the quality of the game, but because of the quality of treatment the players, and fans have been given, and wholeheartedly received.

Anyone else have a guess at the percentage of players that will be lost between game versions, thanks to the treatment of the community/players/fans/Ex-fans?

Honestly dude, I agree, but I think the percentage will be more like 35-40% of casual players, that have a ue5 capable device, so yeah, like 25-30 percent of the players, and are they going to fix all of the game breaking bugs in ASA? I don't think they will, they are just too worried about the graphics anyways, I'm still going to get it. I'm going through withdraws after quitting ark 2 to 3 weeks ago, but maybe it is a good thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where is the gameplay?
We'll be showcasing gameplay shortly before release.

Is this all you've done?
No, we've done much more, but we're just showing you a glimpse behind the curtain. You'll see more in the weeks ahead and when we launch!

Does this seem hypocritical to anyone, it seems like they are trying so hard to defend an empty statement. i dont want to be that guy, but who wants to buy a glitcher version of a game, only with better graphics? I do have to say i have been a litke over critical, but wc has earned that from me. The graphic changes though are beautiful, I love the new graphics, so keep up the good work wc, but don't forget to work on your sometimes very awful ui. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

Where is the gameplay?
We'll be showcasing gameplay shortly before release.

Is this all you've done?
No, we've done much more, but we're just showing you a glimpse behind the curtain. You'll see more in the weeks ahead and when we launch!

Does this seem hypocritical to anyone, it seems like they are trying so hard to defend an empty statement. i dont want to be that guy, but who wants to buy a glitcher version of a game, only with better graphics? I do have to say i have been a litke over critical, but wc has earned that from me. The graphic changes though are beautiful, I love the new graphics, so keep up the good work wc, but don't forget to work on your sometimes very awful ui. 

These answers (Where is the gameplay and Is that all they did) they already wrote last week.
Why should they write something else?

The complainers only repeat themselves.
Free of charge, Wc MAY not charge 60 dollars
Offiserver will be shut down, that's why you can't play ASE anymore.
ASA will flop ASE is dead
Game breaking bugs will be fixed for ASE?

These are the statements in short summary, but they don't change in any way. But they are repeated every day.
All of them have already been answered.
ASA costs more because they want to change the game completely. and not just upgrade to UE5. (Is very good for players who can NOT afford new hardware... otherwise they would have UE5 for free, but could not play ASE anymore).

Memory will be released... for consoles they will surely think about something. At least I assume

Well on the flopping, you can not give an answer, that shows the future, also whether ASE is dead will show the future

Gamebreaking bugs= Well, critical bugs should still be processed, even if ASA is running. (I know some dream of a bug free ASE, but they probably still believe in Santa Claus)

Why should WC now give a new answer to all the recurring questions every week?

You can see what they get out of it.
If they give out too early info, immediately a rope is turned to them from it, if they change nevertheless something around the play better to make.

You can now read/hear about the $60 every five minutes from certain people.

And I suspect that at least 60% of the people will be satisfied with ASA. If not significantly more.
I can't imagine that if WC puts so much effort into reworking ASE that it will be worse than before.

literally every single project these people have been involved in have been delayed lmao literally every single one. just like ark 2 all we are seeing is art and with the same time frame they delayed. this is going to be 100% delayed and the sunset of the official server network will prolly stay up longer than we thought.

Dont believe this nonsense about getting rewarded for reporting bounties. When Ab and Extinction came out I was reporting tons of holes so big you could walk or fly a quetzal through many of them, allowing you free access to outside of the intended map. I never got anything, despite the impact it was having on the game. 
I also reported that you could build in the service of Ab SIX months before they caught a bunch of people on small tribes doing it. I was told by Jat it was not an exploit but a mere volume issue, so i wouldn't be getting a bounty, yet when, months later they caught those people building in these areas they dev-wiped all of them for EXPLOITING.
I checked in on it again and never got a reply, and still haven't to this day(from anyone employed by WC at least).

2 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

And I suspect that at least 60% of the people will be satisfied with ASA. If not significantly more.
I can't imagine that if WC puts so much effort into reworking ASE that it will be worse than before.

You dont know how much effort they are putting into it, that is just speculation on your part. Wildcard has not been able to fix a list of bugs in their game for years, they have continuously added unbalanced content showing how little they understand of game balancing (or how little they care), and they have completely, and i mean in the worst way possible, failed to combat cheating and exploiting on their official servers. There is absolutely no reason to believe all of that would suddenly be better in asa. I wish it would, but they gave me no reason to believe in it, and they continue to only show little assets that i really dont care about, instead of sharing convincing and detailed information regarding the big issues (cheating, balance, performance). 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SinergyX said:

And you believe people to preorder/buy this game they basicly already own, and the new one havent seen a single bit?

You could take the money out of my account right now. In the landscape of desolation that is current gaming there’s almost nothing I’d rather drop the money on.

Some of you are casuals which is fine but you seem to misunderstand the username. I could play Ark for another decade even if not much more was released for the game.

THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE. This is it. Conan’s Exiles to me feels nothing like Ark, nor does Rust. Until another game exists that allows me to capture, raise and battle animals THEY COULD CHARGE $200………

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

These answers (Where is the gameplay and Is that all they did) they already wrote last week.
Why should they write something else?

The complainers only repeat themselves.
Free of charge, Wc MAY not charge 60 dollars
Offiserver will be shut down, that's why you can't play ASE anymore.
ASA will flop ASE is dead
Game breaking bugs will be fixed for ASE?

These are the statements in short summary, but they don't change in any way. But they are repeated every day.
All of them have already been answered.
ASA costs more because they want to change the game completely. and not just upgrade to UE5. (Is very good for players who can NOT afford new hardware... otherwise they would have UE5 for free, but could not play ASE anymore).

Memory will be released... for consoles they will surely think about something. At least I assume

Well on the flopping, you can not give an answer, that shows the future, also whether ASE is dead will show the future

Gamebreaking bugs= Well, critical bugs should still be processed, even if ASA is running. (I know some dream of a bug free ASE, but they probably still believe in Santa Claus)

Why should WC now give a new answer to all the recurring questions every week?

You can see what they get out of it.
If they give out too early info, immediately a rope is turned to them from it, if they change nevertheless something around the play better to make.

You can now read/hear about the $60 every five minutes from certain people.

Go play Fortnite. No one will miss you lol.

My only issue with the mortar and pestle or cooking pot is that we see stuff inside. Especially the mortar and pestle : in the absence of decorative items in Ark (a years old issue...), a lot of us use the mortar as bowls on tables, dinner placemats, and such.
Are they at least dynamic, in that it depends on whether there is something in their inventory ? Does it look green when there's spoiled meat or things like that ?
Builders always get shafted.

8 hours ago, ccz2887 said:

Releasing gameplay footage “shortly before launch” probably not the best decision.  I (as well as many others I’m sure) do like seeing the upgrades, and I’m very excited to log into ASA on release day, but with every passing crunch with only little bites of upgrades and what was blowing up on YouTube this past week, things are not looking good in the world of Ark.

[...]

Wildcard, ya gotta juice up the crunches.  Grab the caption of your community again, restore the trust we once had.  Be it many years ago, there was still trust once.  Restore the excitement and anticipation of playing the upgraded game.  Little bites won’t do it, you know how to hype us up.  If there was ever a time we need the hype up more than ever, IT’S NOW!!!  Up the ante, throw some high level cards on the table, get us full of excitement again.  That’s what we REALLY need, an$ you guys too.  You won’t regret it!

This sentiment kinda echoes what I was saying the other day. There actually could be a lot discussed even if we can't be shown gameplay just yet. Which is idiotic but FINE, have it your way.
Where I disagree is : I don't stand behind WildCard at all cost ; my being there on release day is not a given.

I think WildCard tends to forget we need to be convinced to buy this. Our money is not owed. After the reception the roadmap got ? We are not won. It's a lot of money for me (...assuming my current computer can run it, otherwise I can't switch to ASA, and of course we don't know yet about that part either), in fact it's a lot of money for lots of people, and we are not due to give it to WildCard. Waiting for the last minute to drop meaty previews assumes we're waiting for the release. That's misleading : we're waiting for a proof that this upgrade, which is more than a cosmetic refresh but is also about performance and gameplay, is worth the effort on our part.

Everything that has been shown to us so far, we already have it in ASE. And none of it cracks the Top10 of things everyone was asking to be improved. And sure, it might not look as good in ASE as it might in ASA, but it's paid for, and has provably given us hundreds and even thousands of hours of fun (each), as well as communities we are attached to. ASA ? No guarantees so far, none at all, for any of it.

If things can't be shown to us, and you don't want to get input from us, surely they can be explained (important Community Crunches are notoriously talkative anyway).
WildCard has already announced some gameplay additions, let's discuss them in more details. Say, have a Community Crunch about wild babies, for instance. That can include a preview of new baby/juvenile models if they exist and they're ready to be shown (and 3 months away from release I sure hope that there'd be a couple of them ready...!), but mostly tell us what the babies will do (are they gonna behave exactly like some mods, or have you had an original idea on top of it ?), why the change was decided (it's fun for sure, but, I mean, surely you can elaborate), how it works (if there's new UI options, for instance), the expected impact on the meta, etc.

Like, at least pretend that you're trying to make ASA appealing to us. Pretend your self-loathing "we hope you'll trust us again" message in a previous Crunch meant something. Pretend we're customers, many of us adults, who make decisions about what we buy or not. Pretend that you have noticed this community is VERY divided about this release. See how it goes ; I don't know, we haven't tried that yet.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Kukiryu said:

Was hoping for a comment on what a certain undisclosed tribe did on a certain undisclosed official server. Really hoping for some public action on that but I do love the new ASA smithy and mortar and pestle

THAT!!!!!!

No one responding to what happened doesn't look good for Wildcard. Snail Games is a horrible company. They never made anything good aside trying to make Ark clones that went horribly wrong. Wildcard needs to distance themselves from them or they will go down with the ship when it sinks.

• Thanks 2