Community Crunch 361: ASA Comparison, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

We're sure every survivor has seen these items a few times during their ARK experience, but definitely not like this 👀.  Keep your eyes peeled for future Community Crunches because we'll continue to share new assets from ARK: Survival Ascended.

ASA_Smithy_Bag_Mortar.jpg

Where is the gameplay?
We'll be showcasing gameplay shortly before release.

Is this all you've done?
No, we've done much more, but we're just showing you a glimpse behind the curtain. You'll see more in the weeks ahead and when we launch!

Enforfement_Update.png

If you know of an exploit on Official Servers, be sure to check out our Bounty Thread.  We provide bounties for anyone who can report hacks or exploits of any kind (which are NOT aimbots/esp/speed hacks) that can have a serious impact on gameplay or server stability on our official, online servers.  We've rewarded players with over 50k!

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving an EVO Event! It will be active until Monday, May 15th.
All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

Official Servers: 2x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval,2x hexagon
Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon
Conquest: 5x XP, Harvesting, Taming and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 2x hexagon

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: The Axeman

Axeman joins forces with Syntac, Jimbob and Evo for old time's sake on this last journey on ARK before it ascends!

Creator: Pterafier

Can you guess which creature it is faster than these content creators based solely on their feet?
Check out part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5part 6 & part 7 as well.

fanartblue.png

All Hail the Wyvewrn King by Xirna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_Xirna_1920

Mermaid Kitten by Harusarchus

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_Harusarchu

Managarm by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_k3zk_627_1

Gigas by mendozian

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_mendozian_

I AM CHAOS!!! by Sai

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_Sai_1920x1

Baptism of Scorched Earth by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_falco_luna

ARK Piranha by 드찌/어찌

large.1302100869_ARK_CommunityCrunch_361

acreenshotsblue.png

Griffin by Homelander

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_Homelander

Déjà vu by Sumi 

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_Sumi_1920x

Crystal Wyvern by CamiCam

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_361_CamiCam_19

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

Loving the new look for the sleeping bag, smithy and mortar and pestle! I can’t wait to see what other changes will come for ASA! And I can understand it may be a hard development converting everything to UE5 and having it as a separate game. But I know it may be worth it in the end! 

Also I am curious, will be get some redesigns and TLC for some of ARK’s older creatures? I know a few still need a chance to shine like the Diplodocus and Gallimimus among others. 

• Like 4

Oh so beautiful, I like the revision.
I am already curious how it will continue.  
Whether the animals then also adapt to the ground and perhaps the riding/behavior becomes more realistic?

So that the animal body goes into a sloping position when the animal climbs up a steep slope, or you don't have the fastest speed right away, but that it builds up slowly and you also notice how the animal has to struggle when it runs longer.

Maybe also that it becomes more and more unwilling when the endurance is at the end.
That it overcomes even small obstacles, with a jump/climb or similar.
Not running freely against objects.

I would celebrate the game so if it was really significantly more realistic. 
Not realistic in the sense that there are rexes and humans at the same time.
But that you could think you almost have a real animal standing there.

I'm praying for that, if that were the case I'd probably do everything I could to get the Hunted rewritten for ASA and I'd get my PC ready for ASA! No matter how long that takes.

Please please please make it more realistic from everything.

I also put up with a lot of bugs since I don't know a single game without it anyway.

I am so impatient and excited to see what you will present to us. (Yes, I am aware that my wishes are very high and may never be implemented.
But you can dream!)

• Like 1

My small wish for the upgraded version would be some form of sexual dimorphism between males and females, at least for some species, and babies that actually look like babies and not some horrible deformities with proper growth cycle. But that is not gonna happen I guess.

On a more bittersweet note I'm waiting for the release of official server saves, so we can keep our lil server running (with upped rates :)). Might even give me some free time without the stress of constantly logging in to keep the timers...

• Thanks 1

Not really a surprise there is no comment on the [REDACTED] tribe/[REDACTED] incident on [REDACTED] official servers, though I was hopeful this time would be different with all the publicity from the PVP ark youtubers. You are already in hot water with your community it seems like it would be beneficial to address it or at least acknowledge that you are aware of it. 

• Thanks 4

I agree, the look of the new assets is awesome!  The smithy actually looks like a smiths work bench.  The mortar and pestle is a nice upgrade as well as the sleeping bag.  I said it last week, I’ll say it again.  Releasing gameplay footage “shortly before launch” probably not the best decision.  I (as well as many others I’m sure) do like seeing the upgrades, and I’m very excited to log into ASA on release day, but with every passing crunch with only little bites of upgrades and what was blowing up on YouTube this past week, things are not looking good in the world of Ark.

Us here in the community are here to comment, suggest and sometimes critique the game we all love.  I’m sure I speak for many of us here when I say that we stand behind YOU, Wildcard.  Cheaters and those that use connections to get their own way should not be tolerated,  NO MATTER WHO IT IS OR THEIR AFFILIATION!  Some may feel that in their part of the world that behavior is ok, but this game was founded in the US, and that behavior is not acceptable here, nor should it be.  I don’t know what (if) anything you guys can do to stop that nonsense in its tracks but it needs to be done, and BEFORE the launch of ASA.  Aight, enough of that rant.

Wildcard, ya gotta juice up the crunches.  Grab the caption of your community again, restore the trust we once had.  Be it many years ago, there was still trust once.  Restore the excitement and anticipation of playing the upgraded game.  Little bites won’t do it, you know how to hype us up.  If there was ever a time we need the hype up more than ever, IT’S NOW!!!  Up the ante, throw some high level cards on the table, get us full of excitement again.  That’s what we REALLY need, an$ you guys too.  You won’t regret it!

• Like 2

Can you please put a warning in stores and ingame about official shutdown? We got daily new people on official PVE not aware of the shutdown on end of august. That would be at least a sign of respect to new ARK players.
Also could you clarify the poor console users if they will be able to download their own save and if yes how will be they able to play them?
Also more details in general about saves availability: we know official clusters have thousands of servers, giving higher priority to some kind of servers vs other may be a good solution (eg: PVE, small tribes, PVP).
Any plan also to add a way to direct connect to a server through ip:port?password in EGS? Password protected servers don't work in that way with EPIC/EGS, supporting it would be a future proof solution in case EGS version ingame server browser would stop to work (steam already has its own solution).
Thank you :)

PS: the ASA sleeping bag looks too much "evolved" compared to the ASE sleeping bag, same for some anvil details of smithy.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I find it amusing that even though everything is on fire, and they are the ones that caused it all, they still are siting here, pretending, and telling us that "this is fine". I am especially interested in the difference in numbers of how many ASE players there ever was, and how many players in ASA there ends up being. I am guessing that ASA will be a good game, with no players, since everyone that has over 1k hours in ASE, the main, dedicated player base, are now pissed off, and will not play ASA out of outrage, anger, and justifiable protest. I am guessing about 15% of all ASE players will play ASA. Maybe 20%. And ASA will become a huge financial loss, not because of the quality of the game, but because of the quality of treatment the players, and fans have been given, and wholeheartedly received.

Anyone else have a guess at the percentage of players that will be lost between game versions, thanks to the treatment of the community/players/fans/Ex-fans?

Edited by BlakeEIves
  • Thanks 6