Megalania Toxin Farm

What's a good way for a solo player to efficiently get Megalania Toxin on The Island without transports?

(I am familiar with both Dododex and the ARK Official Community Wiki, have watched a few videos, and read as much as I could find)

Edited by GarlicWindow
Better wording/added missing information

3 minutes ago, GarlicWindow said:

What is an effective way to farm Megalania Toxin on The Island? I saw something about breeding them, but I'm not sure how to even tame them, since there's lots of other angry dinos around.

Pretty much the same as with spino's, you have to go where they spawn and kill a bunch of them to farm the toxin.

Are you familiar with the spawn maps on the wiki? They can be really helpful when you're trying to figure out where to find specific species on your maps.

As far as taming them goes, yes they can be tough to tame but if you're looking for toxin then there's no point. I'm not certain that tamed/bred megalania will drop toxin, you might have to get it from wild ones only. And even if they do, it will be less work in the long run to just tame or breed a good fighter/hunter and go kill the wild ones.

24 minutes ago, GarlicWindow said:

What is an effective way to farm Megalania Toxin on The Island? I saw something about breeding them, but I'm not sure how to even tame them, since there's lots of other angry dinos around.

Yes, getting a bunch of females to breed is a good way to obtain the Toxin from the babies. About your topic on Spino sails. Well... Those are hard. They arent dropped by baby Spinos.... Just keep killing everything (in the swamp etc) to make them spawn..

10 minutes ago, SunsetErosion said:

Yes, getting a bunch of females to breed is a good way to obtain the Toxin from the babies. About your topic on Spino sails. Well... Those are hard. They arent dropped by baby Spinos.... Just keep killing everything (in the swamp etc) to make them spawn..

How would I go about taming them? Especially to specifically get females.

33 minutes ago, GarlicWindow said:

How would I go about taming them? Especially to specifically get females.

Megalania are a "knock out" tame (the most common method in ARK, like with dodo's and a bunch of other stuff). What makes them a bit different is that they require a lot of narcotics, because they drop torpor fast. You have to pay close attention to their torpor or they'll wake up and give you an unpleasant surprise.

https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Megalania#Taming - general information

Also, if you have not used Dododex for your taming, it's a very handy tool. You can get to it on this web page and they also have an app for mobile devices.

https://www.dododex.com/taming/megalania - lets you type in the level and it shows you how many arrows or darts, narcotics, time, etc.

8 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

What's a good way for a solo player to efficiently get Megalania Toxin on The Island without transports?

(I am familiar with both Dododex and the ARK Official Community Wiki, have watched a few videos, and read as much as I could find)

Thylo in all caves except winter biome. Just keep an eye peeled along the ceilings of the caves