Community Crunch 360: Community Creature Vote Reveal, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

This week we're taking a look at foliage that's been remastered in ARK: Survival Ascended and captured in Unreal Engine 5. Things are really sprucing up, aren't they? Keep an eye out on future Community Crunches because every other week we'll be revealing new assets so you get an artistic impression of what "Remaster" means in ARK Survival Ascended.  

And while you are here, why not take a look at the Community Creature vote winner and our newest Sponsored Mods!

ASA_DiviDivi_Tree.png

Where is the gameplay?
We'll be showcasing gameplay shortly before release.

Is this all you've done?
No, we've done much more, but we're just showing you a glimpse behind the curtain. You'll see more in the weeks ahead and when we launch!

Community_creature_winner.png

scorched_earth.jpg

With over 49k votes, Fasolasuchus will be the new creature added to Scorched Earth for ARK: Survival Ascended. We are looking forward to sharing its concept and dossier in the weeks to come!

If you are interested in seeing exactly how the voting went, check it out here.

Not loading? Click here
Powered by RankedVote

Sponsored_Mod_Update.png

image (29).png

If you are looking to change up the game, why not check out some new mods?
The ARK Sponsored mod program is currently accepting applications until June 6th. Please submit your projects here.

New_Sponsored_Mods.png

Paintball_ARK.png
large.1876466939_Paintball_Mod_Banner_HD_v2(1).png

Grab your friends and gear up for some paintball. The Paintball mod lets you craft your own custom arenas with fast-paced action similar to older FPS arena games. This mod works on PvE as well!

Check out Paintball

TaeniaStella The RenewalAlpha_ARK.png

large.2141778676_TaeniaStella_Banner(1).png

TaeniaStella The RenewalAlpha is a pretty unique map that hides a lot of surprises. This map even includes several unique creatures that fit the themes of this deceptively large environment. You'll find a lot of incentive to explore and see the many sights it has to offer, but make sure you go prepared!

Check out TaeniaStella The RenewalAlpha

Nyrandil_ARK.png
large.1490809218_Nyrandil_Logo(1).png

Nyrandil is a beautiful little map that feels a lot like a fairytale countryside. You will find a strong contrast between environments organized in both an overworld and underground Biomes.

Check out Nyrandil

evoeventblue.png

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

There will be no EVO event this week.

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Phlinger Phoo

Join Phlinger Phoo as he attempts to get a good start on Svartalfheim and successfully obtains his first tames of this playthrough!

Creator: Asfax

International Corner. Discover French Youtuber Asfax as he braves the dangers and the many challenges of Ark Supreme to tame an Apex Thorny Dragon, his next step into his ascension!

fanartblue.png

Equus Magnus Unicornis by LeoMitchell

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_LeoMitchel

The Ravagers collab by RRRAVEN & PapuArt

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_RRRAVEN_Pa

Creeping Shadowmane by Datwolf27

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_Datwolf27_

Arwenn on a Fishing trip by Umbra-Daiwrfol

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_Umbra-Daiw

Waking up by WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_WolfTek7_1

Triceratops by Fagua-Art

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_Fagua-Art_

Rock Drake by dragondrawer5

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_dragondraw

acreenshotsblue.png

There is simply no such thing as too many Bulbdogs. by @CHipZz_Gaming

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_CHipZz_Gam

Noglin by @ARKLove9

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_ARKLove9_1

Quality time with Catbear. by @Katala191

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_360_Katala191_

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

7 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Can we please BAR carnivores from all future votes? We've had like eight in a row at this point.

Whilst I do agree with this to some degree, I feel like most ark players are gravitated twords carnivores due to mass media like Jurassic Park making them out to be bloodthirsty awesome bro monsters. People forget that herbivores can be equally as amazing. Need I mention hippos, elephants, and rhinos? Banning them completely is a bit irrational though.

Edited by Vesdied
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vesdied said:

Whilst I do agree with this to some degree, I feel like most ark players are gravitated twords carnivores due to mass media like Jurassic Park making them out to be bloodthirsty awesome bro monsters. People forget that herbivores can be equally as amazing. Need I mention hippos, elephants, and rhinos?

Documentaries hyping up successful hunts of predators don't help much either. Especially when in all reality only 30% of hunts have a favorable turnout for carnivores. All this vote did was give us a triassic animal, which is cool and all but do we really need another big carnivore?

Edited by TyranntX
  • Like 1

can you give us more info about official saves import, especially for the poor console players that are frozen in a limbo of uncertainty along in the same ocean of sadness with PC player?

Also what bugs are you going to fix? instead of exploits that don't matter so much for private clusters, you should focus on gameplay issues (missions, carchao taming bugs, giga spawns ruined by carcharos spawn bug), especially for single players, as long for server stability (gen 2)

or just simply put it on github

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello, I am thrilled.

The difference is serious.
I am already so curious about the more.

When I imagine what you will do with all the cards, as well as the animals.
If I can't play ASA... I already envy the ASA players. :D

Please please please rework the saddle of Anky so that the poor animal can breathe well again. 
20230205041200_1.jpg.3bb9c6a3d3589ac260d76023044ddd04.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

Documentaries hyping up successful hunts of predators don't help much either. Especially when in all reality only 30% of hunts have a favorable turnout for carnivores. All this vote di was give as a triassic animal, which is cool and all but do we really need another big carnivore?

Instead of focusing on what diet the animal had, I suggest focusing on how we got a new crocodiloid. Or even how we got new content in general, at the end of the day wildcard don't really ever make herbivores very useful, with a few exceptions like the maewing, therizinosaurus, etcetera. Either way it's cool having a new creatures in the game.

2 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

Great. Another big thing that bites. We could have had breeding / taming assistants, or something completely unique, but instead we get...this.

Oh well. Hopefully WildCard does something cool with it.

Almost feel discouraged for the next creature vote. What is the point if people are just going to vote for yet another end-game carnivore / meme that will be irrelevant a month or two after it releases? Do my ideas even matter on this site?

Which Is why I suggest WC just flat out ban carnivore submissions for all remaining votes. because at this point it's the only way we'll get ANYTHING new and interesting.

• Like 2

I knew the Fasola was gonna win, this community can't resist a carnivore ! Hopefully it's not just a meat farmer like the Carchar... and it ACTUALLY is uniquely useful in PvE too, not just PvP.

Very happy for Nyrandil, it's a fantastic map with a lot of creativity, and it deserves the support. Its creator has been working hard on it and IF (big if, obviously) it were to become a free DLC, I really wouldn't be mad at it.

Lastly... Noone doubts that WildCard can create assets. The same way we know you have artists capable of amazing concept art. The problem is, you want us to pay for an UPGRADE that is mainly a matter of performance and gameplay. If you can't tell us about why it's something we NEED, something that fixes our issues with Ark as it currently is, something that actually offers novelty... then what is the point of teasing us ? Especially when you're supposedly three months from release ? ("supposedly" being the operative word here) Players are customers, not kids you distract with colorful pictures. I don't mind the pricing or anything like that, but you have to deliver more than "look, this tree has better leaves !".
At the very least let us get involved. Tell us how we can suggest QoL improvements. Show us a livestream of one dev working on something interesting that you feel comfortable letting us see (or letting us see being worked on). Disclose the details of a specific improvement that's mostly finished. Give us SOMETHING other than this. The way you communicate with us is so bad. So, so bad. You need to revise your PR policy. It's the worst thing coming out of your studio, at this point.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

It would be poor sportsmanship, but at the same time I think the votes need some sort of shake-up to bring utility to all levels of the game. Why would I tame some giant croc in a DESERT when a wyvern would just be easier to get (and more useful)?

Yeh the reason you used to tame almost EVERYTHING in the game was taken away, in the biggest dumb move they ever did. "Reworked" the kibble.

BRING back old style kibble for ARK2

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

It would be poor sportsmanship, but at the same time I think the votes need some sort of shake-up to bring utility to all levels of the game. Why would I tame some giant croc in a DESERT when a wyvern would just be easier to get (and more useful)?

Not to mention.... What would the lizard even do? Bear trap? Who the hell even uses those? Golem killer/tamer? Again, who even uses those? This is just going to be yet another predator for the PvP crowd who's never touched anything not an official server a day in their whole life (and likely never will). Other modes exist, why can't we get a creature hat's only useful in PvE or Single player for roleplaying reasons? Or just for doing something for fun?

Edited by TyranntX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

We need to vote on abilities too. Or at least ONE of the abilities among several. Based on submissions once the creature is elected, ideally.
So that it forces any new community creature, even if it's yet another carnivore, to be more interesting than "it kills Gigas" or "it farms more meat than that other creature that farms meat" or "it does bossfights". We already have creatures that do that. Plenty.

• Thanks 1