Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, nipe said:

Waiting eagerly for ARK remastered minimum requirement specs.. I want to play it but I'm not sure my GTX 960 is up for the task. Graphicscards are still too expensive for upgrading in 2023 with inflation. If we would get AMD FSR 2.1 maybe would be possible to play. Please devs remember that people have played ARK 1 on potato GPUs for years.. Do not gate keep ARK remaster behind RTX graphicscards. Some of us just wants to play official no matter what, the community is great. 😱

Epic suggests at least an RTX 2060 to play decently inside the editor.. I don't expect anything lower...

But yes, FSR 2.x (better 2.2 for less ghosting effect) would allow GTX cards as well to play it decently instead of DSL (which version? some may even cutoff many RTX cards as well)

6 hours ago, Sovira said:

Just wanted to say I am genuinely hoping you may consider allowing for more than one winner this time around, and the other vote you guys could even be the one to decide as a team, voting against each other! There are WAY too many good dinos this round and many agree over the discord, we've been talking about it for quite a while ❤️ Thank you also for the oppertunity to have and be in this event! It is genuinely more than appreciated!

You are exactly right, it is exactly what I said some time ago, the proposals are so well thought out that everyone deserves to win, even if it would be enough for the developers to decide to place all the crarure in the top 20 or at least in the top 10 and insert them in a single map, perhaps by removing old creatures with the same collection functions so as not to overpopulate the map. I wouldn't worry about reworking the orbs... after all they gave a style consistent with the previous maps and then I'm sure someone will make a mod to have the originals... no problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RaephClark said:

Also from what you showed, does this mean the ARK 2 saddles will have customization options like the weapons? And could these customizations affect armor ratings and even damage output? Like giving the Carno attachable spikes to the horns?

I think they initially want to have various types of armor like leather, iron, chitin and so on which, of course, will change the resistance. Some parts of the armor that can be customized but which will then be able to do damage to enemies we will only discover in the gameplay.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Ermerus said:

I think they initially want to have various types of armor like leather, iron, chitin and so on which, of course, will change the resistance. Some parts of the armor that can be customized but which will then be able to do damage to enemies we will only discover in the gameplay.

Ah gotcha. Makes sense 

• Like 1

So the whining here really gets on your nerves.

Who says that The Center will NOT be repaired?

You said that ALL maps will be revised, I strongly assume that The Center and all other maps will get their well-deserved attention.

I will continue to post suggestions in the designated channel in the forum, maybe something will be implemented. Provided that they will be read.

And for the Ark players who can't afford a new console/PC... why are you complaining?

Then just keep playing ASE.
I probably can't play ASA either because it's too much for my PC.
Be happy that ASE stays, so we can continue to enjoy Ark.

Yes the official servers will be shut down, but there is still the possibility that people with the storage data can create servers themselves.
Just get together and complain less, nothing is lost, after all it was said that they are working on it, that the game saves from consoles can also be downloaded.

So now to Wildcart:
Thanks for the picture, that's much more than I dared to hope for!

The loot drop looks, wow, so different and, as others have mentioned, so alien.
I would have to get used to the look of it, but I am completely blown away!
You guys are really up to a lot more than I dared to hope.
What interests me the most are the animals and I'm already curious how they will look when you have revised them and of course the landscapes. (Not only Rex and co, but also Compy, Hesperornis, Lystro and such animals that many hardly/never use).

Thank you for giving us a little insight today.

I know that I will only play ASA if my PC is really good enough to display it in an acceptable graphic resolution, but if the mod The Hunted would not be adapted for ASA, it would probably only be a short play.

But it is really amazing how much work you put into ASA now.

Please keep thinking about ASE, don't forget it completely.
Many players who do not have the opportunity to switch.
No matter if because of missing favorite mod, missing hardware or any other reason, they still love ARK.

It would be nice if there are still small changes to the game, so that maybe finally the structures before the dinos load, or even maybe the one or the other animal gets a small revision.
As well as that some of the bugs, even if they are not critical, are fixed.

I do not ask for as much attention as for ASA, but a little more than just critical bugs.

Thanks again for the news for ASA.

Also the concept with the saddle for ARK 2 I find super, it währe a dream if there would be something like that for ARK.
Even though ARK 2 does not really interest me yet, I think it's nice what you have planned there.

It's good that you take your time to create a nice game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

I'm trying to conserve my bases, but my interest in Ark is dying. I'm supposed to pay a lot of money for ASA, only one card is revealed for all players.... We are your idiots who are then supposed to test everything and finally have to wait another year to get all the DLC that I bought!! ! You guys are joking, you treat us worse like a dog I put its food on the closet!!!
I will look for another game that is cheaper and the com is important to the developers!!!!
I'm frustrated like all the other players who have been loyal to you for years.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cyberra said:

You're still paywalling ASA behind a $500-$700 console. All these 'sneak peeks' are worthless to those of us who can't afford a brand-freaking-new console

If you wanna see how ASA would hold up on old gen consoles,,,, well uh you do you I guess.

It's not a paywall, it's just that the old gen consoles can barely run ark1. Hell, my PS4 can barely run JWE2, and from what we're seeing, ASA is gonna be adding a massive amount of new content.

I understand it's a bummer that old gen people can't play it unless they get a new console. But honestly I doubt the game would be playable on PS4 or Xbox1.

Let me know if I'm wrong btw, I'm not very tech-savvy lol.

Edited by Vesdied
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m also very excited to see how the Brachiosaurus saddles will look. I’ve waited so long for ARK to bring my favorite dinosaur of all time to life officially, and I can’t wait to see how it will function in ARK 2 (will it be the new Bronto? And will it also have additional features that make it a powerful tame?)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, RaephClark said:

I’m also very excited to see how the Brachiosaurus saddles will look. I’ve waited so long for ARK to bring my favorite dinosaur of all time to life officially, and I can’t wait to see how it will function in ARK 2 (will it be the new Bronto? And will it also have additional features that make it a powerful tame?)

I'm thinking that if the Carno and Rex have 2-seater saddles that something like the Brachi could potentially see 3 or 4 seat saddles.

Kudos to your art department, the carno, saddle, and the beacon update are looking really cool! It's clear you've found your style, and I'll be curious to see more content moving forward.

If not gameplay footage. Perhaps some animations, showing off scenery and the like? Would love to see some in-game renders at least.

12 hours ago, GhostCreep said:

I like that you are re-envisioning A:SA, and that concept for the new loot crate is fine, but I’d put that attention into things that really need to be revamped. Like the legacy Dinos and map details. For example, new rewarding places to explore within the maps. Don’t get me wrong I love that you are giving everything a new polish but I’d put my attention into the things that will optimize the gameplay and not just make things look cooler.

The loot drops we’re fine in my opinion so I’d focus on things that make a little bit more of a splash.

Really don’t want to sound negative I’m just trying to give you some constructive criticism.

Well said honestly I agree completely. Remodeling is great and all but can your team ensure less lag? Holes fixed? Ford Ice Wyvern Cave area has huge ones...btw... I would buy ASA if I could be sure that half my game time wasn't sucked up by lag - literally made pancakes this morning while the lag was going on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

So now to Wildcart:
Thanks for the picture, that's much more than I dared to hope for!

The loot drop looks, wow, so different and, as others have mentioned, so alien.
I would have to get used to the look of it, but I am completely blown away!
You guys are really up to a lot more than I dared to hope.

Okay, it's gonna be hard for me to believe this isn't a bot.

• Like 4

Just an idea - since the official servers will sunset in couple of months anyways, why not allow some last fun for us and just keep the rates up all the time instead of events? Same as with colored dinos. Most people play more when the event is active anyways (even tho lots of them left already). At least go with a bang if nothing.

Would be really nice...

ASA looks cool so far, but (i am sure it has been answered somewhere so sorry) but are we going to have to re-buy ark or is it just an upgrade to what we have?

Also love the idea of having the saddles have different attatchments like This person Suggested.

13 hours ago, RaephClark said:

Also from what you showed, does this mean the ARK 2 saddles will have customization options like the weapons? And could these customizations affect armor ratings and even damage output? Like giving the Carno attachable spikes to the horns?

• Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Vesdied said:

It's not a paywall, it's just that the old gen consoles can barely run ark1. Hell, my PS4 can barely run JWE2, and from what we're seeing, ASA is gonna be adding a massive amount of new content.

You're not wrong, the Xbox One is 10 years old. It's a dinosaur. It's been tamed. Time to kill it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hyday said:

ASA looks cool so far, but (i am sure it has been answered somewhere so sorry) but are we going to have to re-buy ark or is it just an upgrade to what we have?

Also love the idea of having the saddles have different attatchments like This person Suggested.

A decent concept art for a game 2+ years away (AT LEAST) But hey ase SS or in game playabilty? nah heres another 'art' image woop!

WC  you literally have less than 4 months too get ASA playable including servers and all the bells and whistles you advertised WE really need to SEE some REAL in game footage / SS to help cement confidence in you again otherwise its going to be even harder to convince people on the 'fence' to hit BUY  (of ASA whenever that is).

Have fun all and stalkers :D

• Thanks 1