Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

4 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Uh actually there is not.  So we are just supposed to loose everything and be left with a glitchy broken game. No I don't think so. That's just down dirty to do to your players. I'm sorry I've been on many a unofficial server where that has happened. Since I've been playing 2017. Unofficial servers have no protection as the official servers do. I've witnessed it. That's what made me go to official servers. The admin was never around and it was just left unmonitored. No I do not want to play on my own. It's not fair how there is no real compassion coming WC or Snail games.

Would have lost it anyway to an alpha tribe at one point or another, so frankly I don't see much difference. As for your bad expeience on unofficial servers, I'd chock that up to just bad luck. Becasuse it's never happened to me once, only thing close to a bad experience I faced on unofficial was some kid capturing players and locking them up in some demented prison for laughs, he was hunted down and given the same treatment after his base got wiped by the admin. Official servers on the otherhand have been toxic since day one, on PvE you got seas of pillars leaving nowhere for newbies to build and on PvP you got Trolls and Cheaters who think they're funny by being trolls and cheaters. Neither Unofficial or Offical servers have propper protection, but that's largely due to the older technology of ASE. ASA will have FAR better protection just by using current tech. I'd argue that it's also not fair to deny WC the money their due, no one likes to work for free so why should ASA be free when WC has stated why that just isn't possible?

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Would have lost it anyway to an alpha tribe at one point or another, so frankly I don't see much difference. As for your bad expeience on unofficial servers, I'd chock that up to just bad luck. Becasuse it's never happened to me once, only thing close to a bad experience I faced on unofficial was some kid capturing players and locking them up in some demented prison for laughs, he was hunted down and given the same treatment after his base got wiped by the admin. Official servers on the otherhand have been toxic since day one, on PvE you got seas of pillars leaving nowhere for newbies to build and on PvP you got Trolls and Cheaters who think they're funny by being trolls and cheaters. Neither Unofficial or Offical servers have propper protection, but that's largely due to the older technology of ASE. ASA will have FAR better protection just by using current tech. I'd argue that it's also not fair to deny WC the money their due, no one likes to work for free so why should ASA be free when WC has stated why that just isn't possible?

Actually WC vaguely said what they will do. Well there was pvp. I went through that as well on pve. But there was nice people who showed me areas that were free. WC can do whatever they want. But that doesn't mean I won't speak up. 

Never ever had that problem in official. Since I started.

like stated before I refuse to just be left with a glitchy broken game.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 9:48 PM, Dienstbier said:

So the whining here really gets on your nerves.

Who says that The Center will NOT be repaired?

You said that ALL maps will be revised, I strongly assume that The Center and all other maps will get their well-deserved attention.

I will continue to post suggestions in the designated channel in the forum, maybe something will be implemented. Provided that they will be read.

And for the Ark players who can't afford a new console/PC... why are you complaining?

Then just keep playing ASE.
I probably can't play ASA either because it's too much for my PC.
Be happy that ASE stays, so we can continue to enjoy Ark.

Yes the official servers will be shut down, but there is still the possibility that people with the storage data can create servers themselves.
Just get together and complain less, nothing is lost, after all it was said that they are working on it, that the game saves from consoles can also be downloaded.

So now to Wildcart:
Thanks for the picture, that's much more than I dared to hope for!

The loot drop looks, wow, so different and, as others have mentioned, so alien.
I would have to get used to the look of it, but I am completely blown away!
You guys are really up to a lot more than I dared to hope.
What interests me the most are the animals and I'm already curious how they will look when you have revised them and of course the landscapes. (Not only Rex and co, but also Compy, Hesperornis, Lystro and such animals that many hardly/never use).

Thank you for giving us a little insight today.

I know that I will only play ASA if my PC is really good enough to display it in an acceptable graphic resolution, but if the mod The Hunted would not be adapted for ASA, it would probably only be a short play.

But it is really amazing how much work you put into ASA now.

Please keep thinking about ASE, don't forget it completely.
Many players who do not have the opportunity to switch.
No matter if because of missing favorite mod, missing hardware or any other reason, they still love ARK.

It would be nice if there are still small changes to the game, so that maybe finally the structures before the dinos load, or even maybe the one or the other animal gets a small revision.
As well as that some of the bugs, even if they are not critical, are fixed.

I do not ask for as much attention as for ASA, but a little more than just critical bugs.

Thanks again for the news for ASA.

Also the concept with the saddle for ARK 2 I find super, it währe a dream if there would be something like that for ARK.
Even though ARK 2 does not really interest me yet, I think it's nice what you have planned there.

It's good that you take your time to create a nice game.

Interested to know where they've said "game saves from consoles will be able to be downloaded" Downloaded to a rented server yes, but Downloaded to single player or non-dedi is what is needed. Honestly just interested in what yu meant? Any info would be appreciated

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, GP said:

devs have already admitted that ARK 2 is going to be a vastly different game and therefore a lot of ARK players may not want to play it. Therefore they are doing ASA so that those players can still play ARK 1 but more enhanced on UE5. So they are hardly going to introduce souls-like to ASA when that is one of the main things that people may not like about ARK 2.

I don't want to use copy paste will use xD remaster.  My answer.

I myself only play PVE, so I can't say anything about PVP.
I started on unofficial servers.
I was welcomed very nicely, unfortunately a few people had problems with me over time and I left.
It was really hard for me, because I also left a lot behind on the cluster. But the majority was very very nice, sometimes too nice, especially when it came to animal gifts. But that is the case everywhere. :D

I played very briefly also on official servers.
Also there were many nice people, the columns I know more than well. I found that very disturbing.
I myself had problems there every few minutes that I was pulled back. I was there very unwillingly on the road. On unofficial I never had such strong leggs.

But as well as on official as unofficial there were problems with people who were everything but nice.

I was already stolen on an unofficial server. The admin didn't care, other players helped me.
A then good friend was stolen on official servers, there was also no possibility to turn to someone, except to other players.

That it is a problem that some inofficial simply close, despite previous promises not to do it, or to close only when the donation amount was used I know and find that also more than a pity.
Or even that the server was suddenly closed without notice.
I also had my bad experiences in the early days.

So this also exists everywhere, just like the impudent players, whom you can't do anything right.

I understand why you don't want to go from the official servers. You feel comfortable and in good hands there.
But there are also unofficial servers where it is also like that, unfortunately you have to find them first.
Well I can only talk about PC, because I don't have a console that could come close to playing Ark.

On PC there are really longstanding clusters that run well and stable.

But also as a server owner it's anything but easy.
I have my own server now, so I know when to close it or not.
But this was not the reason why I made a server.

My server ran from the first few minutes with the mod The Hunted.
When I had more players it was much more difficult to make changes, which I didn't do, with a heavy heart.

People came on my server because of The Hunted and they left too.
Some would have stayed, but ONLY if I took The Hunted off the server.
"Do you want to play with people or with The Hunted" was also said once. 
For me the situation is clear. I want The Hunted, because of what I made the server for, otherwise I would have started somewhere else.

I was often on the verge of setting the server to private, because some people are really rude.
I haven't had any hackers yet, my server is password protected because I want to control who gets on the server.
I don't even want to know what's going on on servers where there are more than ten people.
I can also understand why many people close their servers again, or change completely and turn away from the old player community.
Teammates can be a real pain in the ass, sometimes they take things for themselves as if they own the server.
And no matter how you bend, they are never satisfied.
If you try and bend, put days of work into it just so that one or the other player is satisfied... then he goes again after some time anyway, because you don't want to make the changes demanded again.

NOW I make the server only for me. Of course I ask my fellow players what they think of some changes, or if they still have ideas. Everyone knows that I make the server ONLY for me and adjust everything so that I am satisfied.

Now I am happy with the game, but still have one, or sometimes more, players.

But had it not been that I was "driven away" from the one cluster, I would not have dared to take the step, although I had no prior knowledge or ever had anything to do with servers.
Thus I would never have found this game style suitable for me. (Also due to the settings)

That's why I always try to see something good in a new beginning, no matter how much the parting hurts.

I also hope that Wildcart puts something more into ASE than just fixing critical bugs.
But since Wildcart always postpones something or changes its mind, I have high hopes that ASE will get some changes.

If not, then so be it and I will continue to enjoy ASE.
I have been able to play well with the bugs so far.

Unfortunately I will probably never know if WC reads the suggestions in the forum.
If you look in there, I have a lot of wishes. 
But life is not a wish concert I have to take what I get.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

I myself only play PVE, so I can't say anything about PVP.
I started on unofficial servers.
I was welcomed very nicely, unfortunately a few people had problems with me over time and I left.
It was really hard for me, because I also left a lot behind on the cluster. But the majority was very very nice, sometimes too nice, especially when it came to animal gifts. But that is the case everywhere. :D

I played very briefly also on official servers.
Also there were many nice people, the columns I know more than well. I found that very disturbing.
I myself had problems there every few minutes that I was pulled back. I was there very unwillingly on the road. On unofficial I never had such strong leggs.

But as well as on official as unofficial there were problems with people who were everything but nice.

I was already stolen on an unofficial server. The admin didn't care, other players helped me.
A then good friend was stolen on official servers, there was also no possibility to turn to someone, except to other players.

That it is a problem that some inofficial simply close, despite previous promises not to do it, or to close only when the donation amount was used I know and find that also more than a pity.
Or even that the server was suddenly closed without notice.
I also had my bad experiences in the early days.

So this also exists everywhere, just like the impudent players, whom you can't do anything right.

I understand why you don't want to go from the official servers. You feel comfortable and in good hands there.
But there are also unofficial servers where it is also like that, unfortunately you have to find them first.
Well I can only talk about PC, because I don't have a console that could come close to playing Ark.

On PC there are really longstanding clusters that run well and stable.

But also as a server owner it's anything but easy.
I have my own server now, so I know when to close it or not.
But this was not the reason why I made a server.

My server ran from the first few minutes with the mod The Hunted.
When I had more players it was much more difficult to make changes, which I didn't do, with a heavy heart.

People came on my server because of The Hunted and they left too.
Some would have stayed, but ONLY if I took The Hunted off the server.
"Do you want to play with people or with The Hunted" was also said once. 
For me the situation is clear. I want The Hunted, because of what I made the server for, otherwise I would have started somewhere else.

I was often on the verge of setting the server to private, because some people are really rude.
I haven't had any hackers yet, my server is password protected because I want to control who gets on the server.
I don't even want to know what's going on on servers where there are more than ten people.
I can also understand why many people close their servers again, or change completely and turn away from the old player community.
Teammates can be a real pain in the ass, sometimes they take things for themselves as if they own the server.
And no matter how you bend, they are never satisfied.
If you try and bend, put days of work into it just so that one or the other player is satisfied... then he goes again after some time anyway, because you don't want to make the changes demanded again.

NOW I make the server only for me. Of course I ask my fellow players what they think of some changes, or if they still have ideas. Everyone knows that I make the server ONLY for me and adjust everything so that I am satisfied.

Now I am happy with the game, but still have one, or sometimes more, players.

But had it not been that I was "driven away" from the one cluster, I would not have dared to take the step, although I had no prior knowledge or ever had anything to do with servers.
Thus I would never have found this game style suitable for me. (Also due to the settings)

That's why I always try to see something good in a new beginning, no matter how much the parting hurts.

I also hope that Wildcart puts something more into ASE than just fixing critical bugs.
But since Wildcart always postpones something or changes its mind, I have high hopes that ASE will get some changes.

If not, then so be it and I will continue to enjoy ASE.
I have been able to play well with the bugs so far.

Unfortunately I will probably never know if WC reads the suggestions in the forum.
If you look in there, I have a lot of wishes. 
But life is not a wish concert I have to take what I get.

No you should never settle. If you know or see something wrong speak up. Don't ever settle. Please watch the Videos I have added to my posts then you will understand. We can't let them do this. It's going to be catastrophic. I'm not trying to cause trouble 😔 it's just the truth. 

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 2

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

No you should never settle. If you know or see something wrong speak up. Don't ever settle. Please watch the Videos I have added to my posts then you will understand. We can't let them do this. It's going to be catastrophic. I'm not trying to cause trouble 😔 it's just the truth. 

Reminder that all video links to content creators belong in Creative Chat.

Edited by Joebl0w13

I address it in the suggestion channel.
I also write here when something doesn't suit me.

I don't mince words.
However, I also have understanding, WC can not make it all right and if something is no longer made so it is.
I don't manage to do everything perfectly either and I like Ark immensely despite the mistakes.
I'm happy to be able to play it, I have enough problems in my life that are much more dramatic than when a few bugs in the game are not fixed.

Ark has managed to distract me wonderfully, so much so that I still have to use my head to deal with new things like the Game.ini.

I have enough games to choose from, but nothing keeps me like Ark. That means the game has so much to offer that appeals to me.... MORE than others.

English language videos do nothing for me because I know NO English.

2 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

I address it in the suggestion channel.
I also write here when something doesn't suit me.

I don't mince words.
However, I also have understanding, WC can not make it all right and if something is no longer made so it is.
I don't manage to do everything perfectly either and I like Ark immensely despite the mistakes.
I'm happy to be able to play it, I have enough problems in my life that are much more dramatic than when a few bugs in the game are not fixed.

Ark has managed to distract me wonderfully, so much so that I still have to use my head to deal with new things like the Game.ini.

I have enough games to choose from, but nothing keeps me like Ark. That means the game has so much to offer that appeals to me.... MORE than others.

English language videos do nothing for me because I know NO English.

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Um ok so I guess your using a translator?  Ok mbut those struggles and hurdles. Are a part of life and ok you don't have to watch the videos but he is letting people know what's going on. You can be happy for it. At one point I was too. But they can't do this to us loyal players. If they do this other game companies will follow suit. We will have to pay out of pocket for just everything. They can't just leave the game the way it is go glitchy game. It's not fair.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Ähm ok, also nehme ich an, dass du einen Übersetzer benutzt? Ok, aber diese Kämpfe und Hürden. Sind ein Teil des Lebens und ok, Sie müssen sich die Videos nicht ansehen, aber er lässt die Leute wissen, was los ist. Sie können sich darüber freuen. Irgendwann war ich es auch. Aber das können sie uns treuen Spielern nicht antun. Wenn sie dies tun, werden andere Spielefirmen nachziehen. Wir müssen einfach alles aus eigener Tasche bezahlen. Sie können das Spiel nicht einfach so lassen, wie es ein fehlerhaftes Spiel ist. Das ist nicht fair.

Yes I use a translator.

Wildcart is probably much younger than other companies, if WC does what other companies do.
Do you know Red Dead? That game had so much potential, but it's not being worked on.
The Sims, no matter which part, you have to pay dearly for every DLC/Adonn. There are bugs galore. They were never completely fixed.
Also, the basic games always contain less, so that you have to buy more. (This is NOT the case with WC)

I'm over 40 years old and still know the early days of the PC's, somehow each game has had its errors and quirks and many games were sold with these quirks ... They were never fixed.

Of course there are always some problems in life, since you don't know MY problems and their extent, you can't judge how void they are.

I wish you a great time, whether with or without Ark that's up to you.

1 hour ago, Dienstbier said:

Yes I use a translator.

Wildcart is probably much younger than other companies, if WC does what other companies do.
Do you know Red Dead? That game had so much potential, but it's not being worked on.
The Sims, no matter which part, you have to pay dearly for every DLC/Adonn. There are bugs galore. They were never completely fixed.
Also, the basic games always contain less, so that you have to buy more. (This is NOT the case with WC)

I'm over 40 years old and still know the early days of the PC's, somehow each game has had its errors and quirks and many games were sold with these quirks ... They were never fixed.

Of course there are always some problems in life, since you don't know MY problems and their extent, you can't judge how void they are.

I wish you a great time, whether with or without Ark that's up to you.

You too no worries. And no I don't know your situation. Ark and a game called Durango Wildland helped me through the death of my mother. So I completely understand. It helps with ups and downs. You too have a great time.

On 5/1/2023 at 3:12 AM, GP said:

Timely news update? I mean the Crunch did release approx 3 hours later than normal but it wasn't that late. In fact you just said you missed the 2x until it was over.... well the 2x is still running, most likely for another ~7+ hours.

How are they hinting that they are messing with the ASE gameplay?

They won't be showing ASA gameplay until shortly before release, which is what they originally did for ASE back in 2015. That's how Wildcard operates. They aren't messing with anything.

And they are no longer just porting to UE5, they are doing a major overhaul of the game. That will be beneficial for pretty much everyone that plays it. They have given no indication that they are changing the mechanics like souls-like or anything like that. The whole point of doing ASA and doing a major overhaul is to have ASA running parallel with ARK 2 once ARK 2 releases so that there are 2 games to play.

The devs have already admitted that ARK 2 is going to be a vastly different game and therefore a lot of ARK players may not want to play it. Therefore they are doing ASA so that those players can still play ARK 1 but more enhanced on UE5. So they are hardly going to introduce souls-like to ASA when that is one of the main things that people may not like about ARK 2.

you might have missed the part where they said they were going to be changing game play. for you that may be insignificant, for others it might just be a deal breaker. hinting at changing game play is yet another VAGUE statement used that is counter to the need for TRANSPARENCY.

ASA looks like it'll be beautiful, but can y'all tone down the spaghetti code a bit and act like a real game dev?

~450gb for base game + DLCs is WILD. I've never heard of a game that takes up that much space. I've got 4tb of space so its not a huge deal but with all the graphical updates I can easily see it going way higher, which is not what anybody wants. Maybe retake some coding classes....

• Facepalm 1

On 4/29/2023 at 5:40 AM, Vegeta71 said:

Quit crying bruh, I don't have the new console but I'm planning on getting one and the steam version of ASA as well as buying the game for friends on xbox and steam and even giving out gaming PCs and series X|S to friends

One of the main reasons I bought PS5 was because of the next gen update they promised and never delivered. Funnily enough this comment mirrors ones on Steam highlighted by a youtuber by the same 5 or so accounts. Copy paste...''I'm buying the game for friends for PC & consoles''. How....''strange''

image.jpeg.7348201931c91cc4e215309167d71def.jpeg

Then again, everyone knows you buy a £500 console and £60 games for a dozen friends....calm down there Operah Winfrey

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

One of the main reasons I bought PS5 was because of the next gen update they promised and never delivered. Funnily enough this comment mirrors ones on Steam highlighted by a youtuber by the same 5 or so accounts. Copy paste...''I'm buying the game for friends for PC & consoles''. How....''strange''

image.jpeg.7348201931c91cc4e215309167d71def.jpeg

Then again, everyone knows you buy a £500 console and £60 games for a dozen friends....calm down there Operah Winfrey

Well, I've bought and given out Xboxes to more than one family member. I can't say how often it happens, but it does.

8 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Well, I've bought and given out Xboxes to more than one family member. I can't say how often it happens, but it does.

Man you're a better man than me, after a certain point I just started throwing a crisp 50 smackers at the family members I actually like and pointing out that most of my budget and gift buying energy when towards buying and cooking the food everyone shoved down their gullets free of charge to the rest. Briskets and all other assorted meats and enough eight cheese Mac and cheeses and collards and yams to feed 20+ people ain't cheap. They'll see me dead 5 times over before I slave over a smoker in the dead of winter or heat of summer for 13+ hours and then turn around and go gift shopping.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 2