Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

2 hours ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Okay, es wird schwer für mich zu glauben, dass das kein Bot ist.

Just because I have a different opinion than you I am not a bot.

I myself feared that we will not hear anything more about Asa in the next few weeks.
That's why I'm glad about the picture.

And because many see it ONLY as a lootdrop, it is for me a sign that they not only put the graphics on UE5, but really work a lot on Ark again, change models and put a LOT of time and energy into it.

While I don't know much about technology myself, I do know how much work it takes to create mods and design models for them, since I want to start designing models myself.

But even before I did this, I was aware that it is a lot of work.

You don't just put a blob somewhere, you have to work out what it should look like and then convert it into a working 3D object. 

Ark itself has several hundred animals, several different maps, numerous objects, whether walls, clothing and so on.

If they redesign EVERY single part, or even just change it a little bit, in terms of appearance.
That's a lot of work.

The Lootdrop here was not only a little bit changed, but massively!

Gladly you can continue to claim I am a bot or even doubt my sanity.
But since I run my own server and very very very much time and work in the Ini put around mods, as well as settings to run so that I have a nice game experience know some that I am not a bot.
Also there I was again clarified that such a programming is no walk in the park.

Only I have just a different understanding for all the work behind such a game.
Of course it could be that I'm wrong and that it's no trouble at all to create new models, change old ones, iron out problems and do everything else with links and that it only costs a little snap of the fingers.

Only I prefer to see positive and can also see something great in a "small" picture.

That WildCart does not like to give away much information is well known by now. So why shouldn't I be happy about the fact that this time there is even a picture, if I had rather expected nothing because of the last week?

And it was seen how so many people reacted when something came out and then it suddenly became different.
That's why I can understand it very well if they prefer to keep a low profile for the time being.

Edited by Dienstbier
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Chubchub2020 said:

Ngl I'm a little bored and underwhelmed with only getting concept are. We are only about 3 months from ASA release and we haven’t seen any gameplay.

You won't see gameplay until a few weeks before the game releases. That's how Wildcard do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

You're not wrong, the Xbox One is 10 years old. It's a dinosaur. It's been tamed. Time to kill it.

Hell, I upgraded to A Series X as soon as I could because of how old and unresponsive my old Xbox one was. So really I don't blame ASA being a new game meant for new generation consoles. If anything the new generation machines can help push ASA to be as great as it can be just by using current and more powerful technology rather than a few dusty old fossils... No pun intended.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2023 at 10:47 PM, GP said:

You won't see gameplay until a few weeks before the game releases. That's how Wildcard do it.

Will they do the same advising players in main menu and on stores about official shutdown? XD

At lest be honest with all those new people starting playing and not aware of this. Most players totally avoid social platforms, official website forums and steam "news".

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Cyberra said:

You're still paywalling ASA behind a $500-$700 console. All these 'sneak peeks' are worthless to those of us who can't afford a brand-freaking-new console

Yes agreed I can't afford a new console and why are we paying 60 it should be cheaper. No matter what to your saying is improved WC and SG. They still ignoring us.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, Vegeta71 said:

Quit crying bruh, I don't have the new console but I'm planning on getting one and the steam version of ASA as well as buying the game for friends on xbox and steam and even giving out gaming PCs and series X|S to friends

Uh shouldn't it be support for everyone. SMH 🙄 I'm one of those players. I don't think he's complaining bruh.... I think he pointing out the fact we cant afford it. What about us? WC and SG are going to take the game servers from, make us, makes us pay for the game again all over again  because their broke. It's not cool at all I spent  over 80 dollars for this game spent 2years for what. Warframe has upgraded and has not made everyone pay like this. Look at my forum you will see why I'm so upset. So we pay for ASA full price like it's a new game hmmm.... People aren not thinking if the lied about getting ASA free what else will they lie about. There making us pay cause the got no money.

• Facepalm 1

You do not HAVE to buy the game!
If your console/PC doesn't support UE5, then keep playing ASE. If you have that you don't have to invest a penny.

So far you had fun with it but why should that change?

We have played for years with problems in the game and ASA will not be bug-free.

Where is the problem to play on an unofficial server, or to open one yourself? (There were already offers to pay for official servers).

So I really don't understand your problem right now. (Savegames should then be made available)
Maybe you could explain it to me factually, without whining.

And when it comes to money.
Well WC is a company that wants to earn money and it employs workers who also want to be paid.
If so much work goes into redesigning a game, why shouldn't they get paid for it?

Who among you would voluntarily go to work for free?

And for players like me, who will probably NOT be able to play ASA, there is still ASE and who knows, maybe there will be something more than many think.
At least I keep my fingers crossed for it.

• Like 2

I still can't believe they'll be able to manage development of TWO games at the same time. The one that we have been seeing the concept art only after 2 years of development and the remaster that they're working on + extra DLC in 2024 for it. They did not even bother to explain how they're planning to achieve this. 

No way they can deliver it in acceptable quality because that's just Indie studio that got overwhelmed by game's popularity. 
I fully expect the deja vu of ARK: Surival Evolved lunch in Early Access in 2015.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dienstbier said:

You do not HAVE to buy the game!
If your console/PC doesn't support UE5, then keep playing ASE. If you have that you don't have to invest a penny.

So far you had fun with it but why should that change?

We have played for years with problems in the game and ASA will not be bug-free.

Where is the problem to play on an unofficial server, or to open one yourself? (There were already offers to pay for official servers).

So I really don't understand your problem right now. (Savegames should then be made available)
Maybe you could explain it to me factually, without whining.

And when it comes to money.
Well WC is a company that wants to earn money and it employs workers who also want to be paid.
If so much work goes into redesigning a game, why shouldn't they get paid for it?

Who among you would voluntarily go to work for free?

And for players like me, who will probably NOT be able to play ASA, there is still ASE and who knows, maybe there will be something more than many think.
At least I keep my fingers crossed for it.

Excuse me I am not whining at all  thank you very much. Did you read any of my past  posts 🙄.

Having servers are expensive. Very expensive for a (yearly) (buggy) etc.... (NITRADO) servers. Not worth it. With the inflation and bills I can't afford that anyways. Oh I could easily move to another unofficial server right hmm? Spend all my time and energy  all over again right ? then guess what happens the server dies just vanishes (not coming back. Cause that what's happened to me several times. Before I switched to official servers. No I think not. Uh and thats why I was waiting for ark 2. I don't mind buying Ark 2 .Not a rehashed glorified VERSION OF A GAME I ALREADY HAVE for the price of a new game.  They can do whatever they want with ASA I don't care. It's funny as well how other game companies,bloggers etc are saying they are ripping us as the ark community off. They have been outed by everyone.Also go take a look at the Microsoft store you can still buy ark. Shouldn't they stop people from buying it yet it still sits there for people to buy why. Hmm ask yourself that.

IF YOU LOOKED AT MY OTHER POSTS YOU WOULD SEE WHY IM SO Upset ABOUT THIS. HOW CAN WE EVEN TRUST THEM. WC and Snail games LIED SEVERAL TIMES. Look at the YouTube videos on my other posts. Everyone has to make a living DEAR not just companies. But as a a company while you waste your millions of dollars in games that failed and flopped horribly and  lose investors because of lies you told. What else we can we, do lie to the  loyal customers. 

I payed 80 dollars for a game I won't be able to play. I made FREINDS, TAMED DINOS MADE BUILDINGS ETC.  Because they want to get rid of all Official servers.

So we are not whining we are are concerned what's really going to happen?

They haven't reassured anybody of anything. we literally only have a few months left and no word of any or how this going to go down. What happens if we loose everything from a glitch ? The  game has so many glitches they never even fixed. 

Go take a look at my other forums last posts you will see why. 

Also they said it was going to be free reminder 🙄. SMH

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Having servers are expensive. Very expensive for a (yearly) (buggy) etc.... (NITRADO) servers. Not worth it. With the inflation and bills I can't afford that anyways. Oh I could easily move to another unofficial server right hmm? Spend all my time and energy  all over again right ? then guess what happens the server dies just vanishes (not coming back. Cause that what's happened to me several times. Before I switched to official servers. No I think not.

yeah this is my biggest issue with wildcard's "solution" of hosting your own.

Look, I've been a guild leader, ran gaming groups, currently manage a home and the wonderful glorified herd of cats in it, and have professional experience in making sure groups of people stay operational. I also know the physical costs of dedicated hosting because sometimes dedicated hosting is a part of that. And let me say the following, with what money and with what free labor do all these people think that everyone on official just HAS LYING AROUND TO START AN UNOFFICIAL CLUSTER?

You know what the costs are? costs vary from number of max people, to framework, to how many maps you want to host. If you have only one map and 10 people, you could be looking at under 160$ a year. hooray!

great, that's ONE map and only TEN people, that's barely a boss run and only if everyone is on at the time. plus unless you code in some server benefits for donation (extra time and cost for hosting/cobbling together the page and payment systems), you're footing that bill yourself. So now take that basic figure, and multiply it by the number of maps ark currently has, that's 12, plus any popular custom maps you want to throw in. So do basic math and multiply 160 by 12 and...

1920$, that's approximately the cost to host a cluster of 12 maps, each one with a max player count of ten people per map, for only one year. Let me say that again, one-thousand, nine-hundred, and twenty dollars, per year, with you having to administer and debug your own errors, as a "solution" to replicate the official server experience.

WELL HECK EVERYONE, WE SOLVED IT, WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM, EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO DUMP A LITTLE UNDER TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR AND A BUNCH OF POSSIBLY UNTRAINED, UNPAID ADMIN WORK INTO PRIVATE HOSTING.

(man i wonder why so many unofficial servers close in under a year? Oh wait.)

Like this is why people on official are upset. We don't want to run our own servers, if we did, we would already be running them. it's not like where I have a great idea for a map, open up the editor, then close it two hours later because the tool is unintuitive. We know the path to running a server, just we don't either have the time or the money to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, basilmemories said:

Look, I've been a guild leader, ran gaming groups, currently manage a home and the wonderful glorified herd of cats in it, and have professional experience in making sure groups of people stay operational. I also know the physical costs of dedicated hosting because sometimes dedicated hosting is a part of that. And let me say the following, with what money and with what free labor do all these people think that everyone on official just HAS LYING AROUND TO START AN UNOFFICIAL CLUSTER?

You know what the costs are? costs vary from number of max people, to framework, to how many maps you want to host. If you have only one map and 10 people, you could be looking at under 160$ a year. hooray!

great, that's ONE map and only TEN people, that's barely a boss run and only if everyone is on at the time. plus unless you code in some server benefits for donation (extra time and cost for hosting/cobbling together the page and payment systems), you're footing that bill yourself. So now take that basic figure, and multiply it by the number of maps ark currently has, that's 12, plus any popular custom maps you want to throw in. So do basic math and multiply 160 by 12 and...

1920$, that's approximately the cost to host a cluster of 12 maps, each one with a max player count of ten people per map, for only one year. Let me say that again, one-thousand, nine-hundred, and twenty dollars, per year, with you having to administer and debug your own errors, as a "solution" to replicate the official server experience.

WELL HECK EVERYONE, WE SOLVED IT, WE SOLVED THE PROBLEM, EVERYONE JUST NEEDS TO DUMP A LITTLE UNDER TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS A YEAR AND A BUNCH OF POSSIBLY UNTRAINED, UNPAID ADMIN WORK INTO PRIVATE HOSTING.

Like this is why people on official are upset. We don't want to run our own servers, if we did, we would already be running them. it's not like where I have a great idea for a map, open up the editor, then close it two hours later because the tool is unintuitive. We know the path to running a server, just we don't either have the time or the money to do so.

OMG AMEN TO THAT!!!! Thank YOU SO MUCH WE ARE NOT WHINING 🙏🙏🙏

Check out the YouTube videos guys see what I mean. This my original forums this is just some of the stuff I found.  Oh and may I add Nones talking about how Ark is all over the gaming community being called a rip off.https://www.thegamer.com/games-rip-you-off-ark-survival-evolved/

Edited by ladymarina

3 hours ago, basilmemories said:

...exactly...!!!! 

We, on Console, can NOT to receive the SaveData without a RENT (WC have % from Nitrado!?!?)

"We don't want to run our own servers, if we did, we would already be running them......We know the path to running a server, just we don't either have the time or the money to do so."

@SaveTheOfficialServer

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Duffmek said:

Well its bad business practice at this time .. no 'hype' no cheeky ue5 gif's nothing just some artwork of the new looking drop yes its artwork not a real in game ue5 asset .....

That is actually a screenshot taken of the asset from within UE5. It is not artwork. This was confirmed by Jesse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

...exactly...!!!! 

We, on Console, can NOT to receive the SaveData without a RENT (WC have % from Nitrado!?!?)

"We don't want to run our own servers, if we did, we would already be running them......We know the path to running a server, just we don't either have the time or the money to do so."

@SaveTheOfficialServer

That's right they get money that way too. So why cant they save one server per map? In the videos before Snail games took over and  bought them they had over 10 million  dollars in revenue. Where did all that go. Does not anyone see how so many other game companies, bloggers etc. are calling them out and telling us it's a complete rip off .... 

😞

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 2

The bill with over 1000 dollars does not work, the payment system at the providers works differently.
The more slots you have and the longer the payment period, the cheaper it gets.

If you really want to run 12 cards at the same time FULL you pay at GPortal for one year about 557, - €uro.

But if you don't have many people, why should you run ALL cards at the same time, or if the money is missing?
Makes a main card, or even two.
Then put one or two change cards to it and you can always travel back and forth and on the change card comes every week, or as one wants the period halt, another card on it.
You don't have to make a system that everyone pays for any benefits.
I have also played on a cluster where there was simply a donation account. The donations usually covered the costs for several months.

If you get together as offplayers and set up JOINTly different servers, you can also pay together at the beginning.
Yes unofficial are a risk that they are closed.
The risk remains unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. (That's why I'm glad to have my own server).

But it has just been confirmed several times by you.
Servers make a lot of work. 
It is also complained that WC has too few people and how they want to manage to work on two games at the same time. Ergo, it is understandable that they shut down the old Ark servers to have more capacity for ASA and Ark 2.
WC doesn't want to do this job anymore, but the game is still fully playable, except for the official servers.
The game will not disappear. (That's what it says in the one post quote that the game disappears).

Yes I know the issue with an own server, because I myself for 3 years partly own three servers. (No I'm not rich nor do I have much money, but others smoke, take drugs, drink or the like and I just have my Ark)
That they require a lot of time I know, with mods that are complicated in handling, you have to invest even more time. I know exactly what I'm talking about, I struggled for almost 4 weeks to make The Hunted suitable for Lost Island when the map came out. (I was successful)

But when you team up it's less work and you don't use mods.
WC seems to be trying to find a way for you to take your stuff with you. And maybe they will at least make it so that you can download your character into the singleplayer.

I keep my fingers crossed for you that WC might keep some servers.

Otherwise, look at it this way... you had played a game and your save went kaput. This happened to me in the past, when you installed games with CDs.

But unfortunately no, the excitement about the officials being switched off and that there will be ASA I still can't understand.
Videos of you I do not need to watch, because I can not speak English anyway. I use Deepl.

I understand that some time you are sad about what you lose everything and that you also lost the desire to play the game, but in the meantime some time has passed.

Yes that it is not announced everywhere is a pity, at the latest the daily message on each individual server should read that this is shut down.

If Ark is still for sale at Microsoft, doesn't Microsoft have to take it out of the "program"?
Since I don't know anything about it, I won't say anything about it, also about the whole business practices and what's going on in the background, I can't comment on that. I simply have no insight.
Lies... well, why shouldn't a company also lie? I don't know any company that always speaks the truth. On the contrary, even in politics and in the news, people lie so much that the beam bends.
Even "little" people lie, so how can I accuse them of that?

This is purely about Ark.
If I am not satisfied with the practices of the company, then I avoid it and do not buy a product there.

I don't know where we are being ripped off.
Yes the officials are being shut down.
But when I consider how little I spent on Ark and how many hours of play I have now it was well worth it.
With other games I have to pay more, no matter if it's WOW, there you have to put money down all the time. The Sims, there is a DLC or addon for every little thing.

Here at Ark, you can not use everything without the DLCs, or travel each map... But the animals snd usable by EVERYONE! Just like most of the weapons.

I personally do not feel ripped off, in any way.
Yes the game has bugs, but not for nothing I play it so long and other games have bugs too.

With Zelda I had waited 5 years for it to come out.
Just remember, the longer they take, the better it can be.
The games are no longer just a few square pixels.
But despite everything, I hope for you that you can take your characters with you and also your animals to find a safe home with them somewhere else, of course you can start all over again, because even the beginning of the game has something to it.
Or put it aside and look for another game.

But do you have to complain about how stupid ASA is and that it is too expensive etc.?

48 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

The bill with over 1000 dollars does not work, the payment system at the providers works differently.
The more slots you have and the longer the payment period, the cheaper it gets.

If you really want to run 12 cards at the same time FULL you pay at GPortal for one year about 557, - €uro.

But if you don't have many people, why should you run ALL cards at the same time, or if the money is missing?
Makes a main card, or even two.
Then put one or two change cards to it and you can always travel back and forth and on the change card comes every week, or as one wants the period halt, another card on it.
You don't have to make a system that everyone pays for any benefits.
I have also played on a cluster where there was simply a donation account. The donations usually covered the costs for several months.

If you get together as offplayers and set up JOINTly different servers, you can also pay together at the beginning.
Yes unofficial are a risk that they are closed.
The risk remains unfortunately, there is nothing you can do. (That's why I'm glad to have my own server).

But it has just been confirmed several times by you.
Servers make a lot of work. 
It is also complained that WC has too few people and how they want to manage to work on two games at the same time. Ergo, it is understandable that they shut down the old Ark servers to have more capacity for ASA and Ark 2.
WC doesn't want to do this job anymore, but the game is still fully playable, except for the official servers.
The game will not disappear. (That's what it says in the one post quote that the game disappears).

Yes I know the issue with an own server, because I myself for 3 years partly own three servers. (No I'm not rich nor do I have much money, but others smoke, take drugs, drink or the like and I just have my Ark)
That they require a lot of time I know, with mods that are complicated in handling, you have to invest even more time. I know exactly what I'm talking about, I struggled for almost 4 weeks to make The Hunted suitable for Lost Island when the map came out. (I was successful)

But when you team up it's less work and you don't use mods.
WC seems to be trying to find a way for you to take your stuff with you. And maybe they will at least make it so that you can download your character into the singleplayer.

I keep my fingers crossed for you that WC might keep some servers.

Otherwise, look at it this way... you had played a game and your save went kaput. This happened to me in the past, when you installed games with CDs.

But unfortunately no, the excitement about the officials being switched off and that there will be ASA I still can't understand.
Videos of you I do not need to watch, because I can not speak English anyway. I use Deepl.

I understand that some time you are sad about what you lose everything and that you also lost the desire to play the game, but in the meantime some time has passed.

Yes that it is not announced everywhere is a pity, at the latest the daily message on each individual server should read that this is shut down.

If Ark is still for sale at Microsoft, doesn't Microsoft have to take it out of the "program"?
Since I don't know anything about it, I won't say anything about it, also about the whole business practices and what's going on in the background, I can't comment on that. I simply have no insight.
Lies... well, why shouldn't a company also lie? I don't know any company that always speaks the truth. On the contrary, even in politics and in the news, people lie so much that the beam bends.
Even "little" people lie, so how can I accuse them of that?

This is purely about Ark.
If I am not satisfied with the practices of the company, then I avoid it and do not buy a product there.

I don't know where we are being ripped off.
Yes the officials are being shut down.
But when I consider how little I spent on Ark and how many hours of play I have now it was well worth it.
With other games I have to pay more, no matter if it's WOW, there you have to put money down all the time. The Sims, there is a DLC or addon for every little thing.

Here at Ark, you can not use everything without the DLCs, or travel each map... But the animals snd usable by EVERYONE! Just like most of the weapons.

I personally do not feel ripped off, in any way.
Yes the game has bugs, but not for nothing I play it so long and other games have bugs too.

With Zelda I had waited 5 years for it to come out.
Just remember, the longer they take, the better it can be.
The games are no longer just a few square pixels.
But despite everything, I hope for you that you can take your characters with you and also your animals to find a safe home with them somewhere else, of course you can start all over again, because even the beginning of the game has something to it.
Or put it aside and look for another game.

But do you have to complain about how stupid ASA is and that it is too expensive etc.?

Dude, just give up. The entitled ones are only complaining for attention at this point, best to ignore them. Don't feed the trolls and the like. You're not wrong by any stretch but we're 4 weeks in and the complainers aren't losing steam. Had they ever bothered to take any of us seriously, they would have left this forum LONG before now. But they haven't so its a pretty strong tell that they don't mean word they say on the topic of "'Not going to buy ASA or ARK 2" or "Wild Card Bad, Garble Garble Garble!". Don't engadge with them, because they aren't interested in being reasonable.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 4

On 4/29/2023 at 5:15 AM, Cyberra said:

You're still paywalling ASA behind a $500-$700 console. All these 'sneak peeks' are worthless to those of us who can't afford a brand-freaking-new console

Buddy its been 2 and a half years, if you haven't got one yet that isn't wildcards problem, you're lucky that devs have been supporting last gen for this long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GP said:

That is actually a screenshot taken of the asset from within UE5. It is not artwork. This was confirmed by Jesse.

aye that was posted from 'bad info' and after looking at twitter b4 sleeping it seemed it wasnt true - and I was too tired to relog back on and edit so fixed it now lol, why the heck didnt they put that description on the OP instead of making the community guess and snipe at each other?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Dude, just give up. The entitled ones are only complaining for attention at this point, best to ignore them. Don't feed the trolls and the like. You're not wrong by any stretch but we're 4 weeks in and the complainers aren't losing steam. Had they ever bothered to take any of us seriously, they would have left this forum LONG before now. But they haven't so its a pretty strong tell that they don't mean word they say on the topic of "'Not going to buy ASA or ARK 2" or "Wild Card Bad, Garble Garble Garble!". Don't engadge with them, because they aren't interested in being reasonable.

heres something really clever @dienstbier actually has an opinion not just some abusive 'entitled' rubbish in which you spout in every post now AND its reasonable - I also agree with them, but to try and tell people to 'leave, stop whining' about a topic has adverse effects most of which you have triggered.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, keiran70 said:

Buddy its been 2 and a half years, if you haven't got one yet that isn't wildcards problem, you're lucky that devs have been supporting last gen for this long.

Yep, old gen is dead at this point. Evetually EVERYONE who wants to play the newer games is going to have to get the next gen consoles in order to keep playing. If people have an issue with that, then that's on them not developers. This is getting ridiculous, I get these users are entitled as sin but COME ON! UE5 would be restricted as hell on old consoles, there would almost be no point in upgrading if WC stayed on old gen... But no, they are all just going to kick scream and cry just because "It's too Expensive!!!!" and the concept of savings and sales are just too complex for them to comprehend. Nintendo recently had a deal which priced the Switch at SEVEN USD! Not $70, not $700, not $7000, JUST SEVEN DOLLARS!!! A child could make that in allowance EASY, or god forbid mowing a lawn for money! either way that deal was WAY cheaper than a Series X/S or a PS5, AND a Switch could easily run ASA. But will they take such an oppertunity? Nope, because ASA also costs money and as stated before, Sales and saving money just isn't an option to them.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Thanks 1