Community Crunch 359: ARK 2 Carnotaurus Saddle Concept and ASA Comparison!

StudioWildcard

13 minutes ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Hey, you better watch out. If you don't pay your respects to daddy wildcard you'll get... GASP... FACEPALM EMOJI'D

oh no!

but for real, if they wanted to win me over, they could show me the center with the rivers fixed and not looking like the t-1000 hemorrhaged all over them. I love the center and scorched earth... if they were just done a bit better. Nobody beats the center's redwoods, and Scorched earth can do desolate beauty so well. If they wanted to really prove why i should be dropping 60$ to start again, instead of just making an ase private cluster, they need to bring out the big guns.

Or like, apologize, drop the price for existing users, fix the steam page so that new players know official servers are dying off, and then doing rolling closures as server populations fade, but that's hard I guess.

Edited by basilmemories
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, R34jeromegtr said:

I still can’t believe I have to pay 60 for amazing graphics and dc’ing every time I transfer servers or for no good reason at all. But hey atleast the drops look more alien. 👳🏿‍♂️

You know if the actually did something about it for ASA, they won't, it would possibly make up for part of the price 

2 minutes ago, Huntdad5 said:

You know if the actually did something about it for ASA, they won't, it would possibly make up for part of the price 

I wholeheartedly agree with you

i would pay more if they let me keep my guy. Raising gigas for the slaughter everyday with my lovable redneck tribemate and my artistic roller skater tribemate while they bicker about politics was undoubtedly very painful

If Wildcard needs money, I'm genuinely shocked they're not trying to release new expansions for Ark 1.0. That's how they did it in the past, and the vast majority of people I've talked to are disgusted by ASA and not planning on buying it. At least, not for years, and not until all the DLC is released, there are reviews to see how it runs, and we see how well the overwolf/modding situation is handled. And only then on sale, because why would we rebuy what we've already bought for no reason? I mean, if you don't believe me, check the steam forums - there's a huge thread with 90% of users refusing to buy ASA, and most of my friends who play the game are in the same camp.

If wildcard's going to release a new DLC eventually, and I mean this in all seriousness, why not add it to Ark 1? Both ASE and ASA? I really think they're going to make a tiny, tiny percentage of the money they could if they support it on ASA only. I'm perfectly willing to buy new content, I mean I've purchased all the expansions so far, but I have negative interest in repurchasing a shiny version of what I already own (which, let's be honest, will be a disaster at launch, won't contain all current content for well over a year, will be missing all the mods I like, and any new paid mods will most likely be a disaster, as paid mods always are.)

I'm just really disappointed right now, man. 

Edited by scubadivingmaui7
  • Like 7

19 minutes ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

If Wildcard needs money, I'm genuinely shocked they're not trying to release new expansions for Ark 1.0. That's how they did it in the past, and the vast majority of people I've talked to are disgusted by ASA and not planning on buying it. At least, not for years, and not until all the DLC is released, there are reviews to see how it runs, and we see how well the overwolf/modding situation is handled. And only then on sale, because why would we rebuy what we've already bought for no reason? I mean, if you don't believe me, check the steam forums - there's a huge thread with 90% of users refusing to buy ASA, and most of my friends who play the game are in the same camp.

If wildcard's going to release a new DLC eventually, and I mean this in all seriousness, why not add it to Ark 1? Both ASE and ASA? I really think they're going to make a tiny, tiny percentage of the money they could if they support it on ASA only. I'm perfectly willing to buy new content, I mean I've purchased all the expansions so far, but I have negative interest in repurchasing a shiny version of what I already own (which, let's be honest, will be a disaster at launch, won't contain all current content for well over a year, will be missing all the mods I like, and any new paid mods will most likely be a disaster, as paid mods always are.)

I'm just really disappointed right now, man. 

Why would they spend time and money on something that they want dead. No matter how sad it would be for us.

They are so disrespectful to their player base and it is the biggest reason for majority of players which dont want to buy a remaster. More and more it feels like "Let me take a dump on you, but ill give you candy in return, but you`ll have to pay for it though"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Yall be acting like other games don't make you pay full price for remastered games, some only a couple of years apart. Ark has been around almost a decade and needs a full reboot. So many things wrong cant be fixed with the push of a button. ASA provided they do what they say is changing how the game works. Dinos will be better, building will be different, game play in general will be tweaked.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, CatInFire said:

Why would they spend time and money on something that they want dead. No matter how sad it would be for us.

They are so disrespectful to their player base and it is the biggest reason for majority of players which dont want to buy a remaster. More and more it feels like "Let me take a dump on you, but ill give you candy in return, but you`ll have to pay for it though"

But I genuinely believe their current decision is going to backfire on them. I'm offering constructive criticism, a way to make money that WON'T tick off a majority of people and that I know myself and many others would buy.

Buuuuut looks like they might go the crash and burn route.

Oh well. Once ASA inevitably fails and goes on extreme discount, maybe I'll pick it up for $5 a few years from now when all the DLCs are out. If it gets that far, of course, as to which I have my doubts.

• Like 1

When I started playing ark properly by beating all the story maps in order, it was around the time when Extinction was getting announced. So I was able to play The Island through Genesis without having to wait for the next DLC to drop.

But now that I'm having to wait for Ark Ascended to release, let me tell ya, I now know the pain of having to wait for the next piece of content.

Personally i am so eager to move to ASA because like all my friends we play only modded ark and moving to UE5 + reducing engine bug + cleaning their code will drastically improve stuff for modder. They will probably not have to fight as much as currently with devkit taking hours to start just to crash often and offer news possibility for map making such as bigger map, weather system possible etc.

So for me this ASA update is oriented to long time surviving of the game through the modder who will have a better and easier time that currently to create mod and with in particular the portage of mods on console. We could expect that more people will try modding if devkit is better and to see more amazing stuff quicker and/or stuff not possible before. Maybe modded ASA will have quicker loading time and ASA + devkit will not required > 1T Ssd + lot of ram to run.

So once ark2 release ark1 will continue to provide healthy new content throught modding and could live for years like current Skyrim. Maybe they could even be a part of official server which will use most loved free mod such as garuda mod (ARK additions) who already state his mods will stay free for all (because of the cross plateform).

So yeah better they rework now ark to have better basis for the future.

And i disagree with the sentence that majority of player are not happy. It is just the majority of OFFICiAL players which probably does not represent the majority of their user base. Probably a big part is unofficial/single player which is the silent and happy majority.

However i totally agree with official player not happy with the server issue but servers were never means to be eternal like all virtual stuff not host personally (mmo / phone game etc are not mean to stay available forever). If you want to be sure to keep something as long as you want you must be in total control of the hosting.

For ASA price it would have been better i think to give a discount of for example 20€ for all ark owner during the first 6-12 month like some other game do. For example the remaster of dark souls did offer on steam a discount -50% if you own the original game during a limited time. It would have reward ark owner (which a good part got the game on discount around 20€) while motivating player to buy the game near release for the discount or new people could still want to buy base ark on discount to try the game while waiting since they will get a discount when ASA release.

17 minutes ago, Anonymous8 said:

Yall be acting like other games don't make you pay full price for remastered games, some only a couple of years apart. Ark has been around almost a decade and needs a full reboot. So many things wrong cant be fixed with the push of a button. ASA provided they do what they say is changing how the game works. Dinos will be better, building will be different, game play in general will be tweaked.

Issue is not paying for remaster (at least it is not the biggest issue), its the way they communicate to their player base, many of which has been here since start. It wouldnt break their neck to apologize and be a little more open about things they do. Only reason for being so shut off as they are, in my opinion, is that they dont know themselfs what they will change. 

• Like 4

Whoever is in charge of your marketing and these posts, yikes. 

If you put a poll up, what percentage of people do you think are going to buy Ark 2? With ASA I WILL NEVER NEED ARK 2………so it’s odd to be showing us concept art from that game when I’d assume most people want to see ASA…..the game you have put behind a $500+ paywall. Many of us, myself included will have to upgrade our console just to play the game.

So throw us a bone….show us what a Rex looks like in the upgraded Ark 1. So long as Ark 2 is third person locked, I will never care about it. 

Waiting eagerly for ARK remastered minimum requirement specs.. I want to play it but I'm not sure my GTX 960 is up for the task. Graphicscards are still too expensive for upgrading in 2023 with inflation. If we would get AMD FSR 2.1 maybe would be possible to play. Please devs remember that people have played ARK 1 on potato GPUs for years.. Do not gate keep ARK remaster behind RTX graphicscards. Some of us just wants to play official no matter what, the community is great. 😱

Edited by nipe

So, you killed a game in 4 months and you are still talking about "concepts" of the new version? :|

also still no warning ingame nor in stores about official shutdown!

Just put the game code on github and let professional and amateur volunteers fix your game, starting with The Island unfixed bugs like bloom over-exposure, invisible trees and wrong gamma after guardian fights, black screen on ascension cinematic, broken dermis, missing input mapping in some creatures (gamepad vs mouse&keyboard), cryofridge pods bug, base falling before decay times, lack of proper world-save backup system on single player, broken (not working at all) film grain post processing, lack of ally tribe key remapping, achievement not unlocking properly with epic, dedicated epic crossark broken if host is "Windows Server" (yes, "Server" editions of Windows and egs crossplay don't work) , re-adding events code (Switch did it!) etc, fixing writings on signs and billbord for different languages (literally unable to read, and not talking about [][]), proper unicode chat.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3