Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Frack said:

I am not the one acting, and poorly too

1 hour ago, AinzOalGown said:

Lol look again upgrade/remaster did you read the post. Whew 😰 

And with that you have both proven to be too immature to contribute anything of substance or relevance... I'll just ignore you two since it's the best course of action to all people still CRYING over absolutly nothing.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Four months is a lot longer than you realise

No!!! Really? Never would have known. Yeah I know but considering that ark 2 was announced years ago and we are just now starting to get  teasers aside from the 2020 trailer  even when they still had release date set at end of this year, they don’t have a good reputation when it comes to things like this. I don’t know maybe I am wrong and my wish will be granted. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

• Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 6:19 PM, TyranntX said:

It's only been 3 weeks since the announcemnt, chill out and be patient it takes time to program even the most simplistic of games never mind an gargantuen one like ARK

and remember they gave THEMSELVES 5 months todo everything they advertised ..... you would expect some background work to already be done and this time is polish and QC but i doubt it tbh

• Thanks 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Dudes, ignoring the backlash is going to have a poor result on your end.

You can plug your ears and pretend everything's cool all you want, but a huge amount of players are angry at you, countless people lost any interest in buying ASA or Ark 2, and even several news websites have articles decrying your recent decisions. 

I'm keeping up to date to see if you change your tone, but unless you do, you're permanently losing me and several other players from ever purchasing from you again... You're showing you can't be trusted.

I recommend adding new DLCs and creatures to the OG ark at the same time as ASA (seriously, that's something I WOULD buy, not the same game I've already bought at full price), and/or lowering the price of ASA further for people who already own the DLCs, as is standard for a remaster.

As is, you're still in a pretty bad spot, and you're probably going to pay for it.

This is a stupid comment. ASE has some extremely outdated graphics and a lot of bugs. With ASA meshing will be completely proventable. Modding using UE5 will be thousands of times easier. They have already said that they would be releasing a dlc with new creatures as well as content updates once the game comes out. Its just silly that people are complaining about something they will inevitably buy anyway. They heard us and gave us a better deal so its annoying that people are still complaining.

Edited by loudplatipus
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Congratulations, you just proved why what you are demanding is entitled and unreasonable. Also these were made back IN JANUARY, back when the plan was to make the UE5 recode a free update, not a remastered game like now. Had you bothered to ACTUALLY READ RECENT CRUNCHES you'd know why plans have changed. Hell, you haven't even bothered to read WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED HERE.

You don't know anything, stop acting like you do.

do YOU KNOW anything? or are you just taking massive guesses as to why WC cant / wont or havent released any more extra info? - for a tiny example comparison iron gate makers of valheim albiet a much smaller game released CONCEPT art a few weeks / month ago and just this week have them ingame already - granted not a side by side comparison but even you should be able to get the idea.

Also if you took the time to read the CC's each week surely even you would be able to see that just now with 3 and a half months left SOME sort of screen-shots or upgraded ue5 gfx could be teased to the ENTIRE community - not only would it attempt to rebalance the BS they have already served but even push other people to push the 'buy' button (whenever that appears heck even a PRE-ORDER one) 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 4:51 PM, Kayraw said:

Ark’s officially dead from this point… who cares about new dinos? 

it’s an Easter event yet most servers have 1-3 players of them, everyone’s quit…

Closing official servers in 4 months forcing players to a paid upgrade yet no asa gameplay at all?

wont be buying asa anyways as I’m not starting over on the same game I’ve been playing 7 years, I’d rather just wait for ark2 but will probably be playing other games by time that comes out. (If it ever does)… ASA will just be more lag and bugs with slightly better graphics, testing ue5 on the Guinea pigs in preparation for ark2 

they first anounsed ASA less than a month ago. They will probly give us gameplay after the dino vote winner is fully done and ready to be shown off with the trailer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, loudplatipus said:

they first anounsed ASA less than a month ago. They will probly give us gameplay after the dino vote winner is fully done and ready to be shown off with the trailer.

Now that would be quite clever of them granted WC will need to actually design the winning dino / creature then drop it into the game, so it could take a while.

4 hours ago, hbomb1972 said:

Another QOL idea: Every creature should be able to harvest at least what it eats. I should be able to set a dodo or lystro to walk around the yard and pick up berries, and all mounts definitely should. Pachys and phiomia not able to feed themselves? 

If we're talking QoL changes then the devs really need to be more consistent with aggro. I can ride around on a dinopithecus and nothing smaller than an allo will even look in my general direction for fear of a rajang tier slapping, yet for some godforsaken reason a shadowmane, managarmr or fenrir all of which are more than twice the monke's size and fives times as dangerous will have me slapping around raptors like it's going out of style because their aggro coding makes them go "yeah, I can take on that giant murder machine that just nuked a rex".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

If we're talking QoL changes then the devs really need to be more consistent with aggro. I can ride around on a dinopithecus and nothing smaller than an allo will even look in my general direction for fear of a rajang tier slapping, yet for some godforsaken reason a shadowmane, managarmr or fenrir all of which are more than twice the monke's size and fives times as dangerous will have me slapping around raptors like it's going out of style because their aggro coding makes them go "yeah, I can take on that giant murder machine that just nuked a rex".

3+ raptors in a pack 'gains balls of steel' buff lol

• Haha 4

Look all, it's okay to have different opinions of ASA and all that, but the fighting, immaturity, and disrespect I'm seeing people fling around to each other is really disappointing. Let's all just agree that whether we think Wildcard's decision is good or bad, at the end of the day it's just a video game and it's not that important. This whole thing isn't worth getting angry at other players about.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm too stupid to know what everyone has been taking about during this backlash. My only complaint is that if wildcard never does anything, the least they could do is add some other extended events with MORE COLORS than just 25% other than that, I don't know what to expect and what the next jaw- dropping news is gonna be about, and how the backlash will grow from it. 

1 hour ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Look all, it's okay to have different opinions of ASA and all that, but the fighting, immaturity, and disrespect I'm seeing people fling around to each other is really disappointing. Let's all just agree that whether we think Wildcard's decision is good or bad, at the end of the day it's just a video game and it's not that important. This whole thing isn't worth getting angry at other players about.

Good luck convincing anyone, This thread is evidence that people just want something to whine about just so they can have attention in their (thankfully very short) lives. If that thought ever DID cross their minds once, they wouldn't be here raving "WC Bad!" every day. 

Don't believe me, one keeps replying to my comments despite me telling them I'm ignoring everything they say. As if they believe their (already disporven) opinions will ever sway me to THEIR entitled thought process. I'm not going to name names because that's how people get slapped with reports. Best do what Myself, Cosmic, and even some of the moderators (apperently?) do to these people, laugh at their childish selfishness and never take them seriously.

• Facepalm 1

Maybe another way?

When you buy a game, are you contractually obligated to watch the gaming community?  It doesn't have to, but it's recommended.  But there is no legal obligation to track information.  (let's add that younger players also play)

Did the blinded ASA and ARK2 not notice such an important issue as Bledy on The Island, Blue Screens?  Have any bugs that still annoy players been fixed?  They didn't fix much, even though many of you are still plagued with blue screen.  Later, they conclude that these types of errors should not creep into UE5 ASA.  But is it impossible?  Or more likely?

Do you have guarantees for it?  How many times has the Wild Card kept its word?  Maybe with a free update?  What is the deadline?  they are known in particular for not keeping their word to a given player.  ARK2 is somehow nowhere to be seen in 2023, and I forgot the next scheduled date is late 2024, extendable until the ASA sells its DLC regardless of any glitches that, let's face it, are normal in ARK.

The wild card itself now shows that it's the sales that count, not the players.  ASE is still for sale and important notification about the closure of Official Servers in stores with this application is missing.  Why would they report it?  Then they wouldn't sell a single piece, maybe with a few exceptions ;) Adding that the app has a critical bug, which means it's a defective product ;) etc.

Players have been lied to so many times, but many of you still want to promote this lie by buying ASA and ARK2.  Because when you buy an ASA, you agree that the wild card does not have to keep its word to the player.  Wildcard forgot one fact that a small fraction of players can literally get mad about it, which can have a negative impact.
        I am under no obligation to buy their next improved product if the previous product has critical bugs… (You can fill in the rest here as you see fit).  For example, I will add that I am legally entitled to a free update ;) I will add that this is an example, how much is right in this?

It is vain to conclude what will happen, but for me the publisher of the game is no longer trustworthy!

I also don't see the logic of changing ASE to non-multiplayer and no further support for this app, so it should be completely free with all DLC.  Despite this, they still sell ASE at a discounted price.  (Maybe so first from the gradual reduction of Official servers? Wrong fundraising direction?)

Until the wild card provides any factual information, we talk in vain about new ASAs or ARK2.

The undeniable fact is that the information about the complete shutdown of ASE servers at such a date outraged many players, but it's like being slapped on the cheek on a busy street.  So what's the surprise?

Somehow I don't see any willingness on the part of the Wild Card to provide any information on the topic that bothers us.  Watch out for the other cheek xD

.. LoL ..

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Jmkho said:

So cute at this point u still listening to Snail most ridiculous order like a good pet. Cya asking for money on the street real soon. Ase is still fully buyable BTW ...... what a pathetic downfall holy poop.

I think it's cuter that you and so many others are still here complaining, ASE is done, soon to be obsolete.  If you don't like that, don't buy ASA or ARK 2 and leave the forums. It's a simple concept that you and many others beleive to be rocket science. it's been three weeks, either move on or go away.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Policy? I thought the point of this thread was to discuss the creature vote. have we REALLY gotten that far off topic?

It's a play on words. Talk policy, not personal. A political phrase used in the US.

Sadly, one our politicians pretty much ignore.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It's a play on words. Talk policy, not personal. A political phrase used in the US.

Sadly, one our politicians pretty much ignore.

Very much true, especially in today's political climate. But back on subject. The vote ends in just 3 days if I'm not mistaken. Any way to see which creature is in the lead?

• Facepalm 2