Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, CampJz said:

I also feel that initially the people will make good on there threats depending on wildcards future posts but eventually will give in and purchase it because nobody can stay away from arkXD

They will complain, as they are mashing the *buy* button. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, CampJz said:

I really want Ada gameplay trailer this nest post but kinda doubt they will. Wildcard is not the best at communicating 🤨

It's only been 3 weeks since the announcemnt, chill out and be patient it takes time to program even the most simplistic of games never mind an gargantuen one like ARK

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

It's only been 3 weeks since the announcemnt, chill out and be patient it takes time to program even the most simplistic of games never mind an gargantuen one like ARK

more than few 'dudes' have examples of ASE in UE5 on youtube and they don't/didn't have the original code to import, should not take more a week to get a sample  2 min run of a dodo squawking for display 

2 hours ago, judethedude said:

Why can't wildcard just upgrade current servers into ue5 without shutting everything down? But I am a personal fan of all the creatures.

Something something resources. Something something hardware constraints. Im massively boiling it down here but those are parts of it. Personally I still subscribe to the notion that it's major driving force is a less than subtle prod from snail onto WC to make people buy ASA.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Frack said:

more than few 'dudes' have examples of ASE in UE5 on youtube and they don't/didn't have the original code to import, should not take more a week to get a sample  2 min run of a dodo squawking for display 

Okay, then why are you asking for wild card to do it if you already know what it's going to look like?  Why waste time showing that off (and thus putting in less time making sure ASA has fewer issues than its predecessor) when some one else already did the work for them? You don't seem to understand that even those "dudes" took weeks or possibly even months to do what they did to make ASE look they way it does in their port in UE5.

Maybe not all of their assests have been ported over to the new engine yet? Maybe they giving more creatures a touch up? Perhaps we are getting some new TLC's to creatures that desparatly need them? Maybe they're working on some of the new features they promised to give in ASE, but couldn't due to time constraints and engine limitations? the lest goes on, YOU don't know what's going on at the studio so you don't get to be anywhere near as entitled as you sound right now.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Okay, then why are you asking for wild card to do it if you already know what it's going to look like?  Why waste time showing that off (and thus putting in less time making sure ASA has fewer issues than its predecessor) when some one else already did the work for them? You don't seem to understand that even those "dudes" took weeks or possibly even months to do what they did to make ASE look they way it does in their port in UE5.

Maybe not all of their assests have been ported over to the new engine yet? Maybe they giving more creatures a touch up? Perhaps we are getting some new TLC's to creatures that desparatly need them? Maybe they're working on some of the new features they promised to give in ASE, but couldn't due to time constraints and engine limitations? the lest goes on, YOU don't know what's going on at the studio so you don't get to be anywhere near as entitled as you sound right now.

Because WC is using the real UE4 code , not some guess\wanna cram\scrap together code  and we know what UE5 does to graphics from EPIC's examples for the past couple of years. And not having the original code is what caused  "dudes" weeks/months to do what they did.

The reason we  "don't know what's going on at the studio" is simply because they have not taken a damn minute to tell us, and am  we are entitled to know what's "going on" to help us decide if  we want to give/donate/spend $59.99 to have ASA

Edited by Frack

33 minutes ago, Frack said:

Because WC is using the real UE4 code , not some guess\wanna cram\scrap together code  and we know what UE5 does to graphics from EPIC's examples for the past couple of years. And not having the original code is what caused  "dudes" weeks/months to do what they did.

The reason we  "don't know what's going on at the studio" is simply because they have not taken a damn minute to tell us, and am  we are entitled to know what's "going on" to help us decide if  we want to give/donate/spend $59.99 to have ASA

Oh? and at what point did WC say they were using the same code as before? I don't remember reading anything of the sort.  So thats ANOTHER thing they COULD very well be doing, optimizing the code to better suit the new engine. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, full stop, thothing else aside from obvious unwarrented entitlement. And it has nothing to do with what EC does or doesn't do, its the illusion that you BELIEVE you know more about ASA than the people who ACTUALLY ARE MAKING THE GAME.

12 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I bet the devs see some of these posts and have a giggle at what people think they do and don't do and how they do it. Some seem to think they know more about the Ark code base than them. lol

Classic. I would. 

It's Embarassing, it's why I insist on calling members of the community "Children", because it's not me "Trying to be offensive or concesending to others" or whatever people make up when reporting me... It's me being factually accurate. Hell just do a search on ARK's player population and you'll see significant chunk of them are minors. Minors who likely never even seen these forums let alone read them (even when said announcements are posted in game for all to read). So it's no wonder they make assumptions on everything, they made it their mission to NOT know what was going on in the first place.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

Its Embarassing, it's why I insist on calling members of the community "Children", because it's not me "Trying to be offensive or concesending to others" or whatever people make up when reporting me... It's me being factually accurate. Hell just do a search on ARK's player population and you'll see significant chunk of them are minors. Minors who likely never even seen these forums let alone read them (even when said announcements are posted in game for all to read). So it's no wonder they make assumptions on everything, they made it their mission to NOT know what was going on in the first place.

People hate it when I say this but the number of people on this forum are statistically insignificant compared to the number of people that have or are currently playing the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

People hate it when I say this but the number of people on this forum are statistically insignificant compared to the number of people that have or are currently playing the game. 

More the reason why it's laughable, this forum is a speck compared to the actual online game. Yet SO many people are panicing like it's the freaking rapture, despite how may people are still playing the game... Regardless if they are aware or not of the recent news. It also doesn't help that content Creators like Lt Bud Lite Beer (or "Beer Man" as I like to call him) spread misinformation about any news posted just to rile people up and boost thier own veiws.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

More the reason why it's laughable, this forum is a speck compared to the actual online game. Yet SO many people are panicing like it's the freaking rapture, despite how may people are still playing the game... Regardless if they are aware or not of the recent news. It also doesn't help that content Creators like Lt Bud Lite Beer (or "Beer Man" as I like to call him) spread misinformation about any news posted just to rile people up and boost thier own veiws.

Thing is, the people here are passionate about the game. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of us have been around going on 8 years. It's been a trip.

Some need to remember it's just a video game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Thing is, the people here are passionate about the game. Nothing wrong with that. A lot of us have been around going on 8 years. It's been a trip.

Some need to remember it's just a video game.

Beleive me I DO get it, I've been playing since it came to consoles. But the demands are just getting ridiculous, so mcuh so that i'm straining myself by trying to refrain from drowning many of the people still complaining in ridicule.

• Haha 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

Beleive me I DO get it, I've been playing since it came to consoles. But the demands are just getting ridiculous, so mcuh so that i'm straining myself by trying to refrain from drowning many of the people still complaining in ridicule.

At the very least it can be entertaining.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

At the very least it can be entertaining.

I'd be a little bit more enthusd if I could stop holding back... but then I run the risk of some overly sensitive soul complaining to... well you and the other mods... just for "hurting their feelings" with my different and well informed opinions. Oh well' i'll just settle for laughing at them when I'm proven right (again) when we actually do get some info on ASA

• Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Oh? and at what point did WC say they were using the same code as before? I don't remember reading anything of the sort.  So thats ANOTHER thing they COULD very well be doing, optimizing the code to better suit the new engine. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING, full stop, thothing else aside from obvious unwarrented entitlement. And it has nothing to do with what EC does or doesn't do, its the illusion that you BELIEVE you know more about ASA than the people who ACTUALLY ARE MAKING THE GAME.

image.png.912e968055696af4b955194f61a37c10.png

image.png.fd04a0e8192ad346094fd702cc98e2cc.png

Code migration is the movement of programming code from one system to another. There are three distinct levels of code migration with increasing complexity, cost and risk. Simple migration involves the movement from language to a newer version. A second, more complicated level of migration involves moving to a different programming language

Jeremy's bio:

image.png.428cd9a95c0a219fe1953398c5e1c182.png

Edited by Frack
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Frack said:

image.png.912e968055696af4b955194f61a37c10.png

image.png.fd04a0e8192ad346094fd702cc98e2cc.png

Code migration is the movement of programming code from one system to another. There are three distinct levels of code migration with increasing complexity, cost and risk. Simple migration involves the movement from language to a newer version. A second, more complicated level of migration involves moving to a different programming language

Jeremy's bio:

image.png.428cd9a95c0a219fe1953398c5e1c182.png

Congratulations, you just proved why what you are demanding is entitled and unreasonable. Also these were made back IN JANUARY, back when the plan was to make the UE5 recode a free update, not a remastered game like now. Had you bothered to ACTUALLY READ RECENT CRUNCHES you'd know why plans have changed. Hell, you haven't even bothered to read WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED HERE.

You don't know anything, stop acting like you do.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Congratulations, you just proved why what you are demanding is entitled and unreasonable. Also these were made back IN JANUARY, back when the plan was to make the UE5 recode a free update, not a remastered game like now. Had you bothered to ACTUALLY READ RECENT CRUNCHES you'd know why plans have changed. Hell, you haven't even bothered to read WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED HERE.

I am not the one acting, and poorly too

2 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Lol look again upgrade/remaster did you read the post. Whew 😰 

• Like 1