Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

now are you trying to divert attention from the closure of the official servers with a new creature? are you serious?....look at the login graphs on the servers because math is not an opinion...since the closure of the official servers was announced the statistic has collapsed hardly anyone is playing anymore good luck with asa and ark 2 you will need a lot 👋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

I really wish it was a rule that Youtubers and such that post ideas had to do it under an anonymous accounts name or something. Or that if they do post in the creature submission it's name and picture etc is changed randomly to an alias. Cause this whole Influencers getting attention for their creatures thing is annoying. I have nothing against the recent Moa or it's creator but please can we even out the playing field a bit.

I also think that if a creature is in more than 3 votes or it's design is conceptually unallowed in the game (Climbers and fliers in Ab for example, I know they let in Ext and Gen creatures but it's still not okay and they still don't let you take huge animals like Gigas except for Megachelon or fliers) if the Thyla, Procoptodon, Dinopithecus or Deinonychus all aren't allowed we shouldn't allow creatures that offer easy mode travel and climbing that ruins the thing unless you avoid them of your own choice, which would just be a bad reason to add it anyway and invalidate the whole point of disallowing those creatures on the Ark.

Also, please stop voting for the same exact creatures over and over at some point please. The fact that some of these are still taking up slots that other creatures could is annoying. It may have not been the case for the past votes as much but would we really be that pleased if Fjordur's dino wasn't something that actually fit it when all we got for it was Andrewsarchus (A tank...for a viking map...) and for the earlier Crystal Isles map before this vote stuff they just slapped the Tropeo on there with a rocket engine plane saddle and also copied their own assets for a reskinned Tapejara (That was also a reskinned Quetzal in most aspects but even it is more unique than the Tropeo and it didn't need a rocket grinder saddle to do it) for a map about magical creatures, along with the okay but low effort Crystal Wyverns.

I'm saying this cause I see some animals that get shoved out just cause someone brought the Beetle up AGAIN. Or the Gorgonopsid didn't win again, or maybe the Armadillosuchus will win this time.

Even if all those 3 fit Scorched theme wise, one is an old creature we should have gotten in base Ark and likely won't win over the much better options, one is a low tier Bloodstalker that likely won't be as outrageous as its concept suggests, and the last has been rehashed and copied and pasted and fitted with as many mini guns as it gets to convince your fellow Bob, Steve and Tim that they should vote for it cause nothing says Scorched Earth like a ANOTHER tank that has even more guns that just happens to be attached to a beetle with mechanics that are already being used for the Rhyniognatha. 

15 hours ago, a1ien said:

Valve?Tf2?What

Just crazy propaganda from the people spreading misinformation all over youtube. so I wouldn't bother taking them seriously, considering they struggle to read.

13 hours ago, Helianthus said:

99% of the replies in this thread are the reason I don't engage with the Ark community much. I'd rather eat a whole stack of organic polymer. To those of you threatening to abandon Ark because you're not getting your way: you won't be missed. 

Agreed, Though I'd becareful when it comes to calling them out like that. They tend to CRY to the moderators when they are reminded on just how much they're unliked.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, Frael said:

Your opinion is subjective. You don't get to say it in all caps like it's a fact, and end of argument. 

And so what if Ark is the only game that breeds dinosaurs? We all did it for years, was kinda boring and I, for one, won't really miss it when ASE closes. There are plenty of quality games out there, there's a very tiny minority that want to only play a game that breeds dinosaurs. You might think there are no 'Ark alternatives', when in fact every game on steam (other game distribution services are available) is an 'Ark alternative'.

I do agree that Grounded doesn't look like a game I would be interested in playing, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I'm fully capable of understanding other people enjoy a variety of different games that I don't, but then it doesn't seem like you're one for critical thinking.

This clown is on Ark’s personal site saying he found the game boring. WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Bet you spent all the time on a server with a 100x rates.

You’re a crybaby and I won’t respond to you again. 

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I love both games. 

Opinions are cool. Best part is, you can hate them as much as you like. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of them at all.

And do you think your enjoyment has any effect on me lol? Come on now. I’m not writing a thesis on why people should stop playing the games I’m just calling them trash. Go back to drama class if that’s your thing.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Voidtoker said:

And do you think your enjoyment has any effect on me lol? Come on now. I’m not writing a thesis on why people should stop playing the games I’m just calling them trash. Go back to drama class if that’s your thing.

Nope, just jammin on my games. Enjoy.

15 hours ago, a1ien said:

Valve?Tf2?What

Valve as a company tends not to kill off their more lucrative properties, namely tf2 which has been going for a very long time. Presumably the idea here is if wc got bought by valve then ark would have the same longevity. Granted given how valve refuses to acknowledge the number three we'd also be safe in assuming ark would never become a trilogy.

10 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

Bugs are boring and soulless. Anyone submitting them is wasting everyone’s time and cluttering the field with low effort suggestions.

What quantifies having a soul? Arthropods are more interesting that you give them credit for, at least those that have something one would consider intelligence like mantids. If we're talking game then yeah they're pretty bland outside of bloodstalkers (though tbh they seem more like cephalopods than arthropods), but some have their uses.

10 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

What quantifies having a soul? Arthropods are more interesting that you give them credit for, at least those that have something one would consider intelligence like mantids. If we're talking game then yeah they're pretty bland outside of bloodstalkers (though tbh they seem more like cephalopods than arthropods), but some have their uses.

To be fair, we DID just get a bug last vote. it would be pretty tasteless to get another right after.

• Facepalm 3

4 hours ago, CadieStarfire said:

Don’t misunderstand. I enjoyed Ark a lot, but I paid almost 75 usd for Ark Survival Evolved and all of the expansions packs. I’m not going to pay another 60 usd just for a brighter shinier model that lacks all of the excellent mods that exist for Ark Survival Evolved. New creatures and new features won’t be enough. 

Your company has made a lot of promises that you have yet to keep. Some promises you’ve even gone back on. 

The customers you are hurting the most are the ones who have already paid the original full price for Evolved. In poker, the joker is often used as the wildcard. Just because you call yourself Studio Wildcard, doesn’t mean you should act like a joker. 

👆👆👆👆 THAT 👆👆👆👆

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

This clown is on Ark’s personal site saying he found the game boring. WHY ARE YOU HERE?

Bet you spent all the time on a server with a 100x rates.

You’re a crybaby and I won’t respond to you again. 

I said breeding was kinda boring, not Ark. Reading is fundamental.

I play on official, usually 1x rates. Don't make assumptions.

What did I cry about? I'm pretty apathetic about the whole situation to be honest, I have 15k hrs in Ark, but after losing all progress on official servers I'll probably move on, unless ASA somehow turns out to be a bug free gorgeous remaster, I might reconsider. I have no strong feelings either way.

Good, don't bother responding to me again, you're a fool and just have no clue what you're talking about.

Edited by Frael
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I feel like that'd take a ton of work to pull off since you'd have to hold a vote for every ability. With how bastion was before the OP more or less got harangued into finally scaling it back down to something closer to its original concept I can't even begin to fathom that headache. Then there's the issue of people intentionally voting to make things crazy overpowered unless they leave out the more game breaking abilities in the vote

not only that but also the fact, that the demands would be absolute horrendous

3 hours ago, TyranntX said:

To be fair, we DID just get a bug last vote. it would be pretty tasteless to get another right after.

Oh make no mistake, I'm more in support of the moa than anything despite not voting since it seems like a neat concept. I just have a soft spot for bugs after having owned and occasionally bred mantids and assassin bugs.

1 hour ago, Vaskur said:

not only that but also the fact, that the demands would be absolute horrendous

Oh without question. Some of the suggestions I've seen for creature abilities in each vote over the years have ranged from needlessly complex and overpowered at best to 'if this was a person it would need floaties to eat soup without drowning' stupid at worst. Not going to name specifics because I'm not that big of a jerk; but by god some of the ideas people can come up with and post in full confidence that they're fair worries me.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Oh without question. Some of the suggestions I've seen for creature abilities in each vote over the years have ranged from needlessly complex and overpowered at best to 'if this was a person it would need floaties to eat soup without drowning' stupid at worst. Not going to name specifics because I'm not that big of a jerk; but by god some of the ideas people can come up with and post in full confidence that they're fair worries me.

Now you know how I feel whenever I see a carnivore in the votes. I'm not entierly opposed ot the idea but we got SO many already and most of them feel the same... just "A Big Lizard that goes bite bite, lol!" and not much else. At least be original, and stop trying to be "better than what-ever's end game teir"... Sadly a number of posts still just feel lke a copy-paste of either existing creatures or a mod. I still shutter at the concavenator suggestion (which was literally just ARK Adddition's concept) and it didn't even make the top 10.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 3

4 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Now you know how I feel whenever I see a carnivore in the votes. I'm not entierly opposed ot the idea but we got SO many already and most of them feel the same... just "A Big Lizard that goes bite bite, lol!" and not much else. At least be original, and stop trying to be "better than what-ever's end game teir"... Sadly a number of posts still just feel lke a copy-paste of either existing creatures or a mod. I still shutter at the concavenator suggestion (which was literally just ARK Adddition's concept) and it didn't even make the top 10.

Don't forget man, I was in the same trenches as you saying no thanks back when everyone clamored for the carchara. Even now my biggest gripe about it's addition now months later is that rather than at least scaling it as the in between for Rex and giga they said to hell with it and made it not only giga sized but objectively better than the thing it's supposed to be competing with. Not a true rival, not a side grade, just flat out better.

13 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

There’s an “attachment” to direbears, otters etc. This feeling, for me, is nonexistent to any arthropod in the game. If my Dung Beetle dies, who cares? I don’t, I’ll get another.

They could release 100 more bugs into the game and I’d still only tame snails and beetles. Would tame a Mantis I suppose but I’ve never been on a map where that was possible. 

Even in reality I’ve done tons of research on mammals, dinosaurs etc. Have truly never cared about insects in anyway. They’re just “there”. Like trees and grass.