Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

Surprised there is even a handful of people who want more bugs in the game. 

I’d legitimately prefer 200 Dinosaurs/Mammals before a single insect is added. They could make a bug the best tame in the game and I’d still have absolutely no interest in it.

Bugs are boring and soulless. Anyone submitting them is wasting everyone’s time and cluttering the field with low effort suggestions.

1 hour ago, Alha said:

It’s too late to save official, so many quit no more ark ASE ,ASA or ARK2.

People lost years worth of playing gone all I see is decays huge part of the community disappearing.

Wildcard already lost half a million from just 5 thousands who signed the petition to save ark servers that’s not even including people who are still playing waiting for ASA news to see if it’s worth their money mostly Stream players. The more you delay you respond to the community the more people you loss people that means money lost future money I don’t understand why are you doing this to yourself Wildcard this game is unlike any other game and you know it it’s like a second job but worst because you don’t get paid you just have fun then you go shutting it all down laying off all these people.

They will find something else and that’s not something you should be looking forward to.

What other game lets you tame and breed Dinosaurs? Until that exists, they’ll come back.

Utter trash like Grounded and Conan’s Exiles are unpopular for a reason. If people want to suffer through those disasters, let them.

5 hours ago, Helianthus said:

99% of the replies in this thread are the reason I don't engage with the Ark community much. I'd rather eat a whole stack of organic polymer. To those of you threatening to abandon Ark because you're not getting your way: you won't be missed. 

Won't be missed by who? You? Who cares. Missed by Wildcard? Maybe, maybe not. Their money certainly will be missed, though.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

What other game lets you tame and breed Dinosaurs? Until that exists, they’ll come back.

Utter trash like Grounded and Conan’s Exiles are unpopular for a reason. If people want to suffer through those disasters, let them.

What are you talking about? There are many good games other than Ark, people aren't locked in to breeding dinosaurs.

I haven't personally played Grounded, but Conan Exiles is every bit as good as Ark, depending on taste, and both are doing very well on Steam, thank you, with very positive ratings for both.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Going4Broke22 said:

Okay, everyone listen very carefully. We are voting for the creature itself, to be added into Ark. We are not voting for the abilities suggested in each submission. Every vote winner besides the Desmodus has ended up VERY different from how the original submission said it would be, including the Rhynio. Vote for the creature you want, ignore the abilities because there's no guarantee they go with that concept, especially if it's very zany.

Actually, all the vote based creatures that got in do share at the very least 1 mechanic from the suggestion. They may appear different, but they keep the general vibe of the submission quite well!

Yes, there's no guarantee, but the submissions heavily influence the direction WC takes the creature, be that through mechanics, personality, or both!

To use rhynio as an example, I think it's still very much gonna be a sky giga. It won't have the same power level as a giga of course, but it's going to be something you avoid like the plague in the wild, much like a wild giga. Giant bug that could have the potential to pull you off your mount with its glue trap ability? No thanks! (figuratively of course, design wise I faaaar prefer what WC did with it)

I noticed that they have not said anything about our complaints and concerns regarding literally all of this how things are literally going to crash and burn for them and how we feel like we have been completely betrayed and lied to geez maybe because we have also why on Earth are they releasing more BS when everything's just going to supposedly end soon it's all stupid also talking to other players they originally were interested thinking that the original game would stay around now that it's not they don't want to play anymore or get the new game they don't want ark 2

Let alone having to repay for something they already had and this new system that wild card and snail and the others that they could do easy a thousand times over and many other teams and creators have done with less money in people than they have the players I have talked to no longer want to purchase Ark 2 because of all of it even I who was actually mildly interested and now just feeling betrayed and hate everything and I'm unmotivated and don't want to get the new game but of course they don't listen to their clients and their fan base and they're just going to end up sinking in the end which is extremely sad because this was such a fun game

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, Frael said:

What are you talking about? There are many good games other than Ark, people aren't locked in to breeding dinosaurs.

I literally am here for the dinosaurs just so you know I know that there's other good games but I have wanted a great fun dinosaur game since I was a kid so when I found out that this existed I quite literally have been on this almost every day for hours I absolutely love dinosaurs I wanted to be a paleontologist before I had an injury stopping me from being able to do literally any form of work that requires moving or lifting anything but I just want you to know there are a few of us that did come here just because we found out the kid in us can have a blast and we are very very upset and depressed now that it's going away to be clear I'm not blaming you or anything I'm just letting you know my side so that you know that I did come for dinosaurs and the socials helping to find people that liked dinos as much as I did

• Thanks 1

...they really are playing the 'ignore it and hope it goes away' card, aren't they? that works for children and ostriches at least, dunno about a multi-million dollar company.

i was just waiting to see if they were going to come to a compromise with the servers. apparently theyre not. so today im going to demo all my vaults/cryofridges and just let my base decay. all the servers are dead at this point.

ive said it before and i'll say it again; there is NO way that ASA is going to be 'better than ASE', we have a few months until release, have seen nothing, there are STILL no warnings on ASE that the official servers are coming to a close, theyre trying to positive-review bomb the steam page with free copies handed out, it feels like they arent even confident in it, and looking at all that and at the state that ASE is going to be abandoned in doesnt inspire confidence for ASA.

• Like 6

I find the nasty comments on this crunch disgusting, official servers closing was obvious ever since ark2 was announced and this game has been going for like 6 years be happy we're still getting free stuff like the Rhynio, Charchar and Fjordur, without ASA wildcard would barely make any money have you seen what the base game costs at steam right now? besides 60 bucks for the full game + all the original dlc's is not even half of what that would have costed originally on ASE not to mention the better performance, graphics, mod support for console and new creatures and it's coming out this summer there really isn't anything to complain about, new game, new creatures, new concept art for ark2, Rhynio and potential large fixes for stuff like gen1 missions which are horrible in ASE and can now finally be fixed with the release of ASA.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

Grounded and Conan are great games. That's the funny thing about opinions.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Voidtoker said:

Why should I go back to ARK?  SPEND €50 ON Failed Remaster?  Does everyone count that it will be a mountain of gold free of errors?  I guarantee that after the release there will be eggs and quick updates, which we already know from experience.  Besides, the silence of the Wild Card is no less tactless.  More respect for those who want to buy ASA and respect for PVE players here these players are discriminated against in ASA because it's only for PVP!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, Spinyx said:

I find the nasty comments on this crunch disgusting, official servers closing was obvious ever since ark2 was announced and this game has been going for like 6 years be happy we're still getting free stuff like the Rhynio, Charchar and Fjordur, without ASA wildcard would barely make any money have you seen what the base game costs at steam right now? besides 60 bucks for the full game + all the original dlc's is not even half of what that would have costed originally on ASE not to mention the better performance, graphics, mod support for console and new creatures and it's coming out this summer there really isn't anything to complain about, new game, new creatures, new concept art for ark2, Rhynio and potential large fixes for stuff like gen1 missions which are horrible in ASE and can now finally be fixed with the release of ASA.

The game is 6 years old wow I've lost count I've been playing for 7 years at least LoL.  22500 hours in the game.  And the mods in the game will thank you. Malware Spyware doesn't thank you, it's still worth the data it will collect from you.  This is good for the PC because they can't live without mods.  We do not use, do not want, do not tolerate mods.  (easy to play, please play without mods and be happy, hard for console?)

I didn't choose the PS option to use mods and such to make the game easier.  P.S. is a different story.  I HATE GAME BUGS.  I don't use them myself, so the logistics that my wife and I worked on allow us to do a lot.  And this is thanks to our 12 servers where our bases are.

Plenty of games out there you need to get yourself out of ark cave for a day you will be amazed what you can find yourself.

Wildcard seems to think this is going to the right direction for a gaming business the last thing you want is to cause a distrust among your clients and the fact that your clients are being ignored says something about this kind of business. Unlike you they already taken the necessary steps to move forward.

remember you offered free copies to you stream community that you are relaying so much on and no fake reviews will change the effect of real reviews that are being posted on your product on each platform people can see through it. Also the fact that the console players can’t post reviews because you made sure Microsoft is on your side is showing very clearly so the only way to write a review on your product is to actually go to the Microsoft website.

You are already on the process for failure if you don’t see it now maybe you should look again at your numbers after all the clients you had are gone. 

Edited by Alha
  • Like 2

I dare say: you have to work hard to build a good reputation and maintain it.  Despite your mistakes, you kept our trust, but for a while, with one statement, you earned one displeasure from the ARK community overnight.  And this can have mediocre fusion effects with S.... And you care about money, not players, then these players will ignore you for this approach.  And some like you and me are negative towards you.

Wild Card did you realize that players expect news every day?  And yet you keep it secret.

It certainly won't improve the tarnished image.

5 hours ago, Frael said:

I haven't personally played Grounded, but Conan Exiles is every bit as good as Ark, depending on taste, and both are doing very well on Steam, thank you, with very positive ratings for both.

CE is fricking TRASH. 

You enjoy low tier trash so I’m not surprised that you missed the point - I’ll repeat it.

There is no “Ark alternative”. To the people who want to breed and tame dinosaurs, THIS IS IT. There is no other option. As such WC can do whatever they want - who is there direct competition? 

COD has competition. Diablo/POE has competition. The crossover between Ark, Conan’s Exiles and RUST is much lower than these other titles. 

when AsA releases and 75%+ of the player base buys in, all this crying is going to look foolish. 

2 hours ago, Noffek said:

Why should I go back to ARK?  SPEND €50 ON Failed Remaster?  Does everyone count that it will be a mountain of gold free of errors?  I guarantee that after the release there will be eggs and quick updates, which we already know from experience.  Besides, the silence of the Wild Card is no less tactless.  More respect for those who want to buy ASA and respect for PVE players here these players are discriminated against in ASA because it's only for PVP!

Can you explain the last point in more detail? Really confused as to what point you are making between pvp/pve here.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Grounded and Conan are great games. That's the funny thing about opinions.

I’ll be honest, I’d have to have a gun held to my head to even install Grounded. I’ve never seen a title release that made me less interested. 

But I’ve played CE, that game is garbage. Go look on Twitch and see what the disparity is between Ark and CE. CE released a massive update and the game is STILL dead - because it’s uninteresting garbage. 

Edited by Voidtoker

Don’t misunderstand. I enjoyed Ark a lot, but I paid almost 75 usd for Ark Survival Evolved and all of the expansions packs. I’m not going to pay another 60 usd just for a brighter shinier model that lacks all of the excellent mods that exist for Ark Survival Evolved. New creatures and new features won’t be enough. 

Your company has made a lot of promises that you have yet to keep. Some promises you’ve even gone back on. 

The customers you are hurting the most are the ones who have already paid the original full price for Evolved. In poker, the joker is often used as the wildcard. Just because you call yourself Studio Wildcard, doesn’t mean you should act like a joker. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, Voidtoker said:

CE is fricking TRASH. 

Your opinion is subjective. You don't get to say it in all caps like it's a fact, and end of argument. 

And so what if Ark is the only game that breeds dinosaurs? We all did it for years, was kinda boring and I, for one, won't really miss it when ASE closes. There are plenty of quality games out there, there's a very tiny minority that want to only play a game that breeds dinosaurs. You might think there are no 'Ark alternatives', when in fact every game on steam (other game distribution services are available) is an 'Ark alternative'.

I do agree that Grounded doesn't look like a game I would be interested in playing, but that doesn't mean it's bad. I'm fully capable of understanding other people enjoy a variety of different games that I don't, but then it doesn't seem like you're one for critical thinking.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Voidtoker said:

I’ll be honest, I’d have to have a gun held to my head to even install Grounded. I’ve never seen a title release that made me less interested. 

But I’ve played CE, that game is garbage. Go look on Twitch and see what the disparity is between Ark and CE. CE released a massive update and the game is STILL dead - because it’s uninteresting garbage. 

I love both games. 

Opinions are cool. Best part is, you can hate them as much as you like. Doesn't affect my enjoyment of them at all.

Edited by Joebl0w13