Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

5 minutes ago, Thalana said:

Team Maevia 🕷️

I just want to see some ASA gameplay and more information on that, especially if we're really 3 months out.

EXACTLY THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ sooooo close to 'release' yet not even any gameplay yet let alone a few screen-shots - I mean COME on do we just expect the inevitable and know asa is going to be delayed? missing content? etc etc 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I feel like that'd take a ton of work to pull off since you'd have to hold a vote for every ability. With how bastion was before the OP more or less got harangued into finally scaling it back down to something closer to its original concept I can't even begin to fathom that headache. Then there's the issue of people intentionally voting to make things crazy overpowered unless they leave out the more game breaking abilities in the vote

WildCard would narrow it down, I suppose, to things that they already would agree to implement, so being too OP wouldn't be a concern.
But you're right, making people vote for a creature's EVERY ability would be a lot. That said, just voting for one of the abilities (to set the general tone of the tame) would be better than what we have now. Especially considering people DO suggest ideas for abilities, and it necessarily colors the way we look at the creatures before voting.

1 hour ago, XenoDrobot said:

I’m honestly tired of seeing the Bastion Beetle, we just had a huge bug win a vote, i want some variety in this game creature wise! Moa Squad!

Bird team looks or otherwise :Moa,terror bird, therizonsaurus argentavis, ichthyornis, hesperonis, dodo, archaeopteryx, microraptor,pelagronis,kairuku

team beetle looks or otherwise: bastion .ryniogantha, bloodstalker, jug bug, meganura, dung beetle, titanomymra.

How is team moa new? We have 6 rideable birds. How many bugs we can ride 2 at the moment. 

1 hour ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Dudes, ignoring the backlash is going to have a poor result on your end.

You can plug your ears and pretend everything's cool all you want, but a huge amount of players are angry at you, countless people lost any interest in buying ASA or Ark 2, and even several news websites have articles decrying your recent decisions. 

I'm keeping up to date to see if you change your tone, but unless you do, you're permanently losing me and several other players from ever purchasing from you again... You're showing you can't be trusted.

I recommend adding new DLCs and creatures to the OG ark at the same time as ASA (seriously, that's something I WOULD buy, not the same game I've already bought at full price), and/or lowering the price of ASA further for people who already own the DLCs, as is standard for a remaster.

As is, you're still in a pretty bad spot, and you're probably going to pay for it.

It still does feel relatively scummy yeah 60 is better than 90 but unfortunately I don't expect this "remaster" to be an actual remaster like the Resident Evil remasters or Dead Space this feels more like a GTA5 re-release or Dark souls remastered both extremally scummy with limited changes or proper updates to the game. I have and a lot of other people have been playing this game for 8yrs now and im not even being offered anything like a discount or something it makes me feel like this company really doesn't give a cr*p about my dedication. Ik people are saying "Oh it will work it will be so good" But this companies track record is so unbelievably bad it isn't even funny. if I buy it I will wait for an xmas discount and that's only if the stuff I see until then impresses me consistent updates, The game functions, etc.

Edited by Conzilla0210
  • Like 6

Wow W.C. you really are a piece of work. 

Your community is about to be totaly destroyed and your 1st concern is a dino vote on somethimg we have no idea what the game is like........

I hope the community doesnt get wool pulled over their eyes here. 

EVERYONE STICK TOGETHER AND SHOW BIG BUSINESS WE HAVE THE POWER!

• Like 9
  • Facepalm 1

Sup Wildcard, I noticed that you didn't update any of your ark 1 listings to include that you're shutting down a major feature (official servers) in a short while, which means that people buying it today are being given false advertising. Since you have chosen to stick your heads in the sand last week, this week, and most likely next week as well, I flagged your entry on the steam store, will be doing the same on any platform you sell the product.

...And I highly suggest everyone do the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, CampJz said:

Bird team looks or otherwise :Moa,terror bird, therizonsaurus argentavis, ichthyornis, hesperonis, dodo, archaeopteryx, microraptor,pelagronis,kairuku

team beetle looks or otherwise: bastion .ryniogantha, bloodstalker, jug bug, meganura, dung beetle, titanomymra.

How is team moa new? We have 6 rideable birds. How many bugs we can ride 2 at the moment. 

Therizinos aren't birds though. They're theropods and more specifically theropods that are closer genetically to tyrannosaurids to birds. You also left out arthropluera and miscounted on currently available rideable avians. Of the rideable sort we have argies, pelas, and terrors. Compared to arthros, stalkers, and soon rhynio there's not as wide of a difference as you think. If we add in arachnids then the Arthropods beat out the avians in rideable tames by one with the scorpius and araneo. If we go purely by looks or otherwise and ignore whether or not a creature is tameble as you did with titan and mega then you also have the fly boss on fjodur, the broodmother, bees,and the mosquito swarm on gen1.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Therizinos aren't birds though. They're theropods and more specifically theropods that are closer genetically to tyrannosaurids to birds. You also left out arthropluera and miscounted on currently available rideable avians. Of the rideable sort we have argies, pelas, and terrors. Compared to arthros, stalkers, and soon rhynio there's not as wide of a difference as you think. If we add in arachnids then the Arthropods beat out the avians in rideable tames by one with the scorpius and araneo. If we go purely by looks or otherwise and ignore whether or not a creature is tameble as you did with titan and mega then you also have the fly boss on fjodur, the broodmother, bees,and the mosquito swarm on gen1.

Thanks I forgot about some of those bugs. Yeah I know there’s aren’t birds but included it bc of looks. They aren’t called tickle chickens for nothing 

• Like 1

Okay, everyone listen very carefully. We are voting for the creature itself, to be added into Ark. We are not voting for the abilities suggested in each submission. Every vote winner besides the Desmodus has ended up VERY different from how the original submission said it would be, including the Rhynio. Vote for the creature you want, ignore the abilities because there's no guarantee they go with that concept, especially if it's very zany.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Turtle33315 said:

You have lost a lot of support because of the forceful move from official you people are the worst personaly I have been playing official for 2 and a half years and 300 days in total play time and I have met people with 500 you are evil for just ignoring this you make me sick KILL THE SNAIL 

They dont give a flying xxxx mate. Thousands of people are disgusted by this. Expressing their frustration, signing petitions, pleading for at the very least a legacy type of arrangement but all we get is a big middle finger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

It’s too late to save official, so many quit no more ark ASE ,ASA or ARK2.

People lost years worth of playing gone all I see is decays huge part of the community disappearing.

Wildcard already lost half a million from just 5 thousands who signed the petition to save ark servers that’s not even including people who are still playing waiting for ASA news to see if it’s worth their money mostly Stream players. The more you delay you respond to the community the more people you loss people that means money lost future money I don’t understand why are you doing this to yourself Wildcard this game is unlike any other game and you know it it’s like a second job but worst because you don’t get paid you just have fun then you go shutting it all down laying off all these people.

They will find something else and that’s not something you should be looking forward to.

• Like 3