Community Crunch 358: Community Creature Voting Opens!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

It's been a blast to check out the most recent round of submissions and see the communities creativity on display. We've had time to reminisce on previous community votes by seeing some of the popular entries return to battle it out! We can't wait to see which creature reigns victorious in the fourth Community Creature Vote!

NEWS.png

Community_creature_finalists.png

ARK_Fjordur_KeyArt_1920.jpg

We are excited to see which creature will be added to Scorched Earth for ARK: Survival Ascended!
Now that submissions for creatures have closed, the second round of voting begins now until May 1st at 4 PM Pacific.

The winner* will be announced in the Crunch Friday, May 5th 2023.

GUIDELINES.png

• Rank the creatures in order of most preferred to least preferred
  • The vote is limited to 1 submission per person (duplicate entries will be discarded)

finalists.png

Below are the candidates that have made it into the final 10. Find out more information about the creature by clicking on the hyperlink attached to the name.

Overview of all the finalists here.

* Note that once the winner has been determined, we'll be reading through these threads and using them as inspiration for how the creature will be designed; aspects suggested may change.

RANKED_VOTING.png

Not loading? Click here
Powered by RankedVote

easterevo.png

Easter2023_1920.jpg

Survivors! Easter EVO Event is still active until Monday, the 24th of April. During this event, 25% of wild creature spawns will be replaced with the colors from the event list.  It will be active until All Official Servers across each platform are undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

event_rates_EA.png

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

Check out our prior Community Crunch for the full details!

conquest5.png

1538089036_conquest.jpg.133783d0941549f6

Conquest servers are being re-introduced for a new season by Snail Games. To kick things off, our current Classic PvP season will end, and servers will be wiped shortly before the new Conquest begins on April 25th.  Classic PvP servers will wipe on April 25th, 5pm Pacific Time.

newseason.png

• Experience gain, taming, and gathering have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • No cave building
  • No tribe limit
  • Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
  • Servers have a maximum player count of 100
  • Excluded maps: Aberration, Gen 1 & 2, Extinction and Fjordur
  • The following TEK engrams/items will be available:
    • TEK Suit
    • TEK Replicator
    • TEK Transmitter
    • TEK Turret
    • TEK Hatchframe
    • TEK Door
    • TEK Foundation
    • TEK ladder
    • TEK Pillar
    • TEK Ramp
    • TEK Trapdoor
    • TEK Wall
    • TEK Doorframe
    • TEK Windowframe
    • TEK Window
    • Sloped TEK Wall Left
    • Sloped TEK Wall Right
    • TEK Staircase
    • Sloped TEK Roof
    • TEK Railing
    • TEK Fence Foundation
    • TEK Generator
    • TEK Trough
    • TEK Teleporter
    • Megalodon TEK Saddle
    • Vacuum Compartment
    • Vacuum Compartment Moonpool
    • Cloning Chamber
    • Tapejara TEK Saddle
    • TEK Fence Support
    • Large TEK Wall
    • TEK Stairs
    • TEK Triangle ceiling
    • TEK Triangle foundation

Be sure to stop by the Conquest Discord to contact the Conquest enforcement team directly.

ARKpocalyspe_title.png

ARKpocalyspe_art.jpg

ARKpocalypse and Beginner Servers have been wiped today!

What are ARKpocalypse and Beginner Servers?

• ARKpocalypse are monthly-wipe servers with higher than usual rates.
  • Beginner servers are wiped periodically to help provide a fresh beginner experience for new players.

Next wipe:

• ARKpocalypse: May 19th 2023
  • Beginner: June 16th 2023

You can join them by searching in the server browser! Happy Surviving!

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: KiahOnFire

Preparing everyone for season 4, Kiah goes over the entire storyline of the Monarky series so far. She covers the previous 3 seasons and talks about her perspective on all the special tide-turning events the Monarks have endured.

Creator: Syntac

The Caballus Series is a Syntacs Final Adventure in Ark Survival Evolved before making the switch over to ARK Survival Ascended later this year. In this series Syntac will tame, breed and mutate any creature he can get his hands on from the roster of mods such as Paleo ARK, ARK Additons and Animals of Atlas.

fanartblue.png

RIP Domino by AellosTomb

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_AellosTomb_192

The Strongest Dilo to ever grace Ark, PICKLES! by @16Direwolf

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_16Direwolf_192

My take on the dodo rex by u/SmilingEggLord

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_SmilingEggLord

Art Doll handmade of Mei-Yin's Raptor by sayvaris

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_sayvaris_1920x

Paleo Kentro and his Knight! by Sai

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Sai_1920x1080_

ARK 2 Smilodon by @StudiosGoji

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_StudiosGoji_19

With a quiet grassland by 最高の栄光,勇敢なDRAGON RIDER

large.1565371356_ARK_CommunityCrunch_DRA

acreenshotsblue.png

Fire Wyvern by u/Nub-Ninja

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Nub-Ninja_1920

Nope, I think I'll just go the other way by jason4pepsi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_jason4pepsi_19

Not dead, just Sleeping by //K//I//V//

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_KIV_1920x1080_

Déjà Vu by Sumi

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Sumi_1920x1080

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

I cannot believe the backlash has yet to be addressed.

I also cannot believe that after moving the official wiki from fandom/gamepedia (presumably for the same reason other games moved, due to malware being served in ads) that Wildcard would utilize yet another malware ad serving organization (Overwolf) which requires installing its software.

Mod.io allows monetizing mods, too, and was announced to be the cross-platform solution for Ark2, so why is it not also the platform of choice for ASA?

The silence is deafening.

• Like 12
  • Facepalm 3

3 minutes ago, PELIC said:

I cannot believe the backlash has yet to be addressed.

I also cannot believe that after moving the official wiki from fandom/gamepedia (presumably for the same reason other games moved, due to malware being served in ads) that Wildcard would utilize yet another malware ad serving organization (Overwolf) which requires installing its software.

Mod.io allows monetizing mods, too, and was announced to be the cross-platform solution for Ark2, so why is it not also the platform of choice for ASA?

The silence is deafening.

I've not kept entirely up to date with the modding scene, is it safe to assume come ASA all ASE mods will get the unplug treatment?

Color spawns are still abysmal. I have not found any of the colors I need for my projects because they're so sparse. Turn up the color spawn ratio!

Is there any particular reason tropical crystal wyvern heirs can't lay eggs in the wyvern hive on console? Yeah, we can passive tame tropicals, but ember and blood crystals can also be passive tamed in the wild and their heir variants still lay eggs. Why were tropicals singled out? Let tropical crystal heirs lay eggs!

Your silence on the backlash is speaking volumes about how little our voices are actually heard. ASA is going to crash and burn and Ark 2 will follow now that we know how little we are valued

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 minute ago, Cyberra said:

Is there any particular reason tropical crystal wyvern heirs can't lay eggs in the wyvern hive on console? Yeah, we can passive tame tropicals, but ember and blood crystals can also be passive tamed in the wild and their heir variants still lay eggs. Why were tropicals singled out? Let tropical crystal heirs lay eggs!

Which console you on? In PS4 I see them in nests, albeit at a lower rate.

Dudes, ignoring the backlash is going to have a poor result on your end.

You can plug your ears and pretend everything's cool all you want, but a huge amount of players are angry at you, countless people lost any interest in buying ASA or Ark 2, and even several news websites have articles decrying your recent decisions. 

I'm keeping up to date to see if you change your tone, but unless you do, you're permanently losing me and several other players from ever purchasing from you again... You're showing you can't be trusted.

I recommend adding new DLCs and creatures to the OG ark at the same time as ASA (seriously, that's something I WOULD buy, not the same game I've already bought at full price), and/or lowering the price of ASA further for people who already own the DLCs, as is standard for a remaster.

As is, you're still in a pretty bad spot, and you're probably going to pay for it.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 3

Ark’s officially dead from this point… who cares about new dinos? 

it’s an Easter event yet most servers have 1-3 players of them, everyone’s quit…

Closing official servers in 4 months forcing players to a paid upgrade yet no asa gameplay at all?

wont be buying asa anyways as I’m not starting over on the same game I’ve been playing 7 years, I’d rather just wait for ark2 but will probably be playing other games by time that comes out. (If it ever does)… ASA will just be more lag and bugs with slightly better graphics, testing ue5 on the Guinea pigs in preparation for ark2 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 4

13 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Which console you on? In PS4 I see them in nests, albeit at a lower rate.

Xbox. I've been raiding the wyvern hive on Crystal Isles at least once a day, sometimes twice a day, for the last week and a half, and spending several hours there. I have never seen a single tropical egg there, only blood and ember eggs. When I commented on it in Discord I was told tropical heirs don't lay eggs on console. The tropical heirs themselves are everywhere in the area, but there's never a single egg from them

Edited by Cyberra

10 minutes ago, ladyteruki said:

I remain convinced WildCard should hold a separate voting round for abilities once the creature has been elected, but noone ever listens to me 😁

I feel like that'd take a ton of work to pull off since you'd have to hold a vote for every ability. With how bastion was before the OP more or less got harangued into finally scaling it back down to something closer to its original concept I can't even begin to fathom that headache. Then there's the issue of people intentionally voting to make things crazy overpowered unless they leave out the more game breaking abilities in the vote

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

Xbox. I've been raiding the wyvern hive on Crystal Isles at least once a day, sometimes twice a day, for the last week and a half, and spending several hours there. I have never seen a single tropical egg there, only blood and ember eggs. When I commented on it in Discord I was told tropical heirs don't lay eggs on console. The tropical heirs themselves are everywhere in the area, but there's never a single egg from them

That's pretty weird. Also not sure who told you that but I've got certain seen tropical eggs (granted the server's settings are tweaked). From my experience embers have the highest egg rate followed by bloods and then tropicals.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

Dudes, ignoring the backlash is going to have a poor result on your end.

You can plug your ears and pretend everything's cool all you want, but a huge amount of players are angry at you, countless people lost any interest in buying ASA or Ark 2, and even several news websites have articles decrying your recent decisions. 

I'm keeping up to date to see if you change your tone, but unless you do, you're permanently losing me and several other players from ever purchasing from you again... You're showing you can't be trusted.

I recommend adding new DLCs and creatures to the OG ark at the same time as ASA (seriously, that's something I WOULD buy, not the same game I've already bought at full price), and/or lowering the price of ASA further for people who already own the DLCs, as is standard for a remaster.

As is, you're still in a pretty bad spot, and you're probably going to pay for it.

They will see the sales in september... probably only youtubers will buy it, cuz they need content.. GL Wildcard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

That's pretty weird. Also not sure who told you that but I've got certain seen tropical eggs (granted the server's settings are tweaked). From my experience embers have the highest egg rate followed by bloods and then tropicals.

I'm on official. The egg rates for embers and bloods seem about the same, I usually end up with half and half. But never a single, solitary tropical egg