Community Crunch 357: Introducing Rhyniognatha and More!

StudioWildcard

8 hours ago, scubadivingmaui7 said:

It's crazy you aren't even addressing the backlash that still exists. You guys are really trying to run yourselves into the ground, aren't you? 

There are so many different paths you could take regarding ASA to save face and earn back some trust, but I guess you'd rather choose bankruptcy... wonderful.

Maybe this is a strategy too, to bankrupt the Snail and get rid of them or the contract and start fresh...

Anyway, I wont pay this ridiculous amount of money for a remastered/reskin game that I already buy it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SharkLordSatan said:

From what I'm able to tell based on the info in the dossier, Rhyniognatha's going to most likely not have the following features the original suggestion had for it;

- It won't be able to swim underwater and fly
- It won't be immune to tuso grabs, nor will it be ignored by aquatic creatures
- Can't roar to temporarily immobilize creatures when not holding something
- Can't carry aquatic tames
- Can't carry two medium-sized creatures or one large-sized creature
- Can't inflict bleed with jaws
- Can't push back several enemies at once w/ its legs
- Doesn't produce light, and the glue doesn't act as a substitute to sap/honey/ambergris
- Possibly no motorcycle saddle :(

The Creature suggestion is only about the creature. and not its abilities. People always forget that when voting. 
You should vote for the Creature it self. Not vote on it because of what it can do in the suggestions. 
Wild card only care about the animal it self and will come up with there own thing for the abilities 

Edited by Maria064

Dear Ark,

Let me start by saying thank you. Thanks you for all your games, dlcs, events, etc. My partner, children, and I have enjoyed countless hours of fun with your products!  (Maybe too many lol.)

Let me also say I am sorry that an appreciation is the minority of your feedback. I don’t think the juveniles and parental basement dwellers that are so loudly voicing their dissent have any understanding of how business works.

Yes, it’s a game. But it’s a game that cost money to make, money to run, and money to update. If you want the best, you have to pay for it.

I’ve read the feedback and I have a possible solution. Allow all the people to comment, make their suggestions so they feel “involved” and charge them $5 to do so. Then Ark remastered can be a free upgrade ;)

Seriously though, very excited to see unreal 5, and even more excited for Ark 2!! 
Lastly, I wouldn’t be a true Ark fan if I didn’t selfishly ask for something or share an idea, so throwing this one out there… event colored unicorns?? 

❤️

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Well to quote nooblets in his video from the roadmap crunch…..”*sigggghhhh* awe f*&#!”  Let me first start by saying, yeah the bug is cool, definitely could see a usefulness for that in certain situations, be interesting to see it on the ark.

Now to throw my 2 cents in in regards to the titanosaur in the room.  The whole repaying for ASA, I see both sides of this.  Do I think it’s fair for all of us to repay full price for a remastered game, HELL NO!  But if this is the one rare chance that WC says that all the changes require a price tag then those of us who have been here for the last 8 years, logging thousands of hours, building communities out of servers and swallowing every crap sandwich snail games *cough*, I mean Wildcard, has shoved down our throats, then we should only be charged 30 bucks MAX for the whole kit and kabootle!  Especially when the first and second bundles ARE THE SAME DAM PRICE!  Just with a different sammich wrapping!  I also do not believe that yanking the plug on official servers for ASE with a 4 month warning was the right move either.  Yes it is sad to say that the Ark: Survival Evolved as we know it will have to die, but they probably could have pushed it passed the launch of ASA.  That’s what I would do, you have to draw the community to the new product.  Not shove the new product down their throats with an all or nothing attitude.  Yeah sure we’ll be able to load our tames into single player or unofficial server, but that’s not very appealing to those of us who play official.  We play official for a reason!  Not to mention there is probably a vast majority of the community that, like me, would have to upgrade their console/pc.  Now being Ark is really the only game I play, that’s like buying an airplane to go on vacation.  So not only am I going to be paying 60 bucks for ASA (which I probably will, because starting over doesn’t bother me that much), but I’m going to have spend 500 bucks for an Xbox series x.  THAT is what people are really ticked about, especially those that have buy the next gen console, and unlike that cheating publisher that holds WC by the dodo nuggets…….US PLAYERS DIDNT MAKE 75 MILLION BUCKS LAST YEAR!  My point in this is leave some ASE official servers active (it’s not going to cost you that much so don’t go there), let the PLAYERS make the choice to move to the new iteration of ark.  If it really is what you say it is and going to be what we all are expecting it is per what you have told us, then ASE servers won’t be up any longer than a year after the launch of ASA.

Now this is a book already, but moving on from the above topic, there are things that you guys at WC should take under deep consideration of the ASA launch.  I personally don’t know anything when it comes to mods, but when I see people who do have concerns over the mod manager (overwolf v mod.io), um to me that says something that needs to be given a second thought to, or did snail games call that move too?  If they did, then you guys need to tell snail games to sit down and shut up.  You get what you pay for, why work with an entity that has some pretty serious questionable aspects instead of work with an entity that has a reputation for safe awesome content.  To me that is plain idiocracy, UNLESS it was someone else calling the shots.  Moves like that undermine your statement of “we want the new ark experience to be the best it can be”.  Just food for thought.

Moving on, ASA.  Now as I formerly mentioned above, I being a 2015/16 player and remembering what ark life was like without cryopods, cryo fridges, incubators and more recently maewings, you know where I’m going with this…..BREEDING!  The last 2 years of breeding on official has been probably the most enjoyable it has ever been, why BECAUSE of those 4 things I just mentioned.  It’s nice not to have to plan your every waking minute around a video game.  I would like to see and I think this is community wide, the cryos and incubator engrams available in the base learnable engrams that can be learned on any map, and maybe a rare maewing spawn on the island.  Especially since extinction and more so gen 2 won’t be out for almost a year after ASA launch.  ALSO A RETURN OF THE MOVEMENT SPEED STAT ON FLYERS!!!  Cap the dang thing if you have to but let us level movement speed on flyers again dang it!!!  Also like nooblets said, fix the longneck rifle reloading hiccup.  Finally the last one I can think of is…..let us be able to transfer boss trophy heads and flags to other maps, please.  Even if it’s only in pve.  

Aight this was long enough, I doubt you’ll read it WC, but in case you do.  GET RID OF THE ABUSIVE SPOUSE OF A PUBLISHER CALLED SNAIL GAMES;  they aren’t helping us (the players), you guys (WC employees) and most of all this game we all love.  All they want to do is line their pockets at everyone else’s expense.  I’m sure there are many other publishers who would do anything short of killing somebody to publish this game.  Wildcard, do things right this time, you won’t get another chance, and tell snail to sit down and shut up!  

• Like 2

I don’t think you guys get it.

Lowering the price is nice, but I still think you’re going to get hurt by doing this. You’ve ruined the trust of a lot of people and I don’t think ASA is going to be the money maker you wanted.

But you need more money. I understand that. People have to pay the bills. Which is why I ask, rather than repackaging Ark and selling it at the price of a full game, why don’t you make more expansions for the ORIGINAL Ark to tide you over until Ark 2’s release? 

That’s actual new content that I and many others would buy. I’m not going to buy a full-priced graphics upgrade just to get a new DLC though. Why not scrap ASA entirely (or lower the cost, or add new content to OG Ark at the same time as the remaster) and add new expansions to original Ark?

I’m not going to buy the remaster for several reasons, including…

1. Even though the price is better (unless you wanted Ark 2) it’s still ridiculous that people who bought alllll your DLCs over the years are being charged full price. Compare this to other updates or remasters that gave pre-existing owners a discount or upgraded them for free. I’m not paying full amount for a game i already own, and I’m frankly pissed you’d suggest that.

2. ‘Weaponizing of FOMO’ I’d be willing to support you if you released more DLCs for OG Ark, or gave a discount for the remaster to pre-existing owners, but the fact that you’re not doing that, while only releasing new stuff to the remaster, makes me feel like you’re trying to pressure people to only buy the remaster. As someone’s who’s supported wildcard over all these years, this really rubs me the wrong way. This isn’t inspiring me to buy more stuff, it’s inspiring me to never touch your products again. I don’t like being pressured, and rather I feel like I’m being punished for  purchasing things from you in the past. Since I’ve been burned once, why would that inspire me to purchase things from you in the future?

3. The situation with mods. Frankly I can’t enjoy Ark without mods and for all i know many of my favorites will never make it to the remaster. On top of that, I might have to pay for them now? Wow, what a deal. Not to mention overwolf impacts performance and is shady as all heck. Again, makes me LESS, not more, inspired to buy the remaster.

4. Not sure how well UE5 will run on my computer. I have a pretty good rig and have never had problems, in fact I can usually play Ark on epic settings, however my graphics card is several years old at this point. Frankly I’m not interested in upgrading my computer for a single game - especially not one I’ve already bought at full price. Ironically the reason I bought the computer in the first place was primarily to play Ark, so I’m not thrilled on having to spend more money for the sake of a single game. 

5. And finally, I just don’t trust you guys. Ark and Atlas were in horrible states at launch, you’re using scummy FOMO tactics to try to drive sales of ASA, you’re not giving a single damn discount to people who already bought everything and I feel like I shouldn’t have purchased your expansions over the years because now I’m being punished for it, last week’s bundle was a blatant attempt to drive sales of a game we don’t even have FOOTAGE of yet, and you only included the dlc’s in the full package when everyone erupted at you. So no, I’m not going to buy ASA, my interest in Ark 2 has tanked, and so has my trust in you as a company.

Lots of people think this way. However, that makes me ask, if you need money, why don’t you continue releasing expansions for OG Ark? That I would buy, and support you because

1. It’s actually new content. I’m not being charged full price for stuff I already own, I don’t feel like I’m being ripped off, and I don’t feel like I’m being punished for purchasing it like I do the old DLCs following the ASA announcement. It’s ACTUAL new content for a game that, at the end of the day, I mostly enjoy.

2. It would actually make me trust you more because you’re not punishing the people who won’t repurchase content they already own, nor does it feel like you’re transparently weaponizing FOMO.

3. I know you can do it. This isn’t a new engine, you’ve made several DLCs on UE4. I won’t have cold feet like I will with Asa or Ark 2. 

4. I know my mods will continue to work and I can play the game the way I enjoy.

Frankly, I don’t see WHY you wouldn’t release the new maps and creatures to both versions. There’s a whole heap of people who have lost trust in you and won’t buy the remaster. Releasing expansions for OG ark not only helps fund your company, but will get you money from the WHOLE fanbase rather than the smaller percentage who purchase ASA, and it will start to re-inspire trust in you for the countless people you’ve turned away. It’s win-win in all scenarios, frankly I can’t imagine why you WOULDN’T do it.

Edited by scubadivingmaui7
  • Like 3

and

Congrats WC ... shame on you NO gameplay, NO SS, NOTHING on the ue5 update..... you literally have LESS than 5 months to get your poop together and PROVE that for ONCE you can ACTUALLY MEET and deliver EVERYTHING YOU have said ON DAM TIME

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DragonBug said:

Dear Ark,

Let me start by saying thank you. Thanks you for all your games, dlcs, events, etc. My partner, children, and I have enjoyed countless hours of fun with your products!  (Maybe too many lol.)

Let me also say I am sorry that an appreciation is the minority of your feedback. I don’t think the juveniles and parental basement dwellers that are so loudly voicing their dissent have any understanding of how business works.

Yes, it’s a game. But it’s a game that cost money to make, money to run, and money to update. If you want the best, you have to pay for it.

I’ve read the feedback and I have a possible solution. Allow all the people to comment, make their suggestions so they feel “involved” and charge them $5 to do so. Then Ark remastered can be a free upgrade ;)

Seriously though, very excited to see unreal 5, and even more excited for Ark 2!! 
Lastly, I wouldn’t be a true Ark fan if I didn’t selfishly ask for something or share an idea, so throwing this one out there… event colored unicorns?? 

❤️

What an utter load of drivel.

Your first post too congrats on insulting most of the playerbase.

If you think that WC know how to run a business can u explain this utter dogpile they have delivered? and HOW its good for them? PS this is the 2nd iteration of the package which is EXACTLY the same if not worse and costs MORE - good for business yes but ONLY if the consumers BUY it.

56 minutes ago, Lilith13 said:

just free up the server memory now...then i can download and uninstall ark

If it wasnt for my wife still wanting todo a few things in game i wouldve demod our bases already at this was at the first CC we found out all the 'new' crap, then the 'newer' package which is just as bad and NOTHING else has changed, IF anything WC has ADDED to their own workload with the extra info / features they mentioned - GL getting it all in for august release.

TBH I am just sat here refreshing base timers and waiting till  can blow my bases to poop and kill all my dinos and finally be rid of ark and all the BS they have fed us these (mainly) past 2 weeks.

Releasing a new bug! Cool, i would of preferred news you were removing the bug you released in March in an update that causes my ps4 to DC almost every time I transfer server or quit the game on official Pve

Unsurprisingly there is a somber mood on official Pve servers since the very sad news. The only thing i can compare it to is when a save file gets corrupted and you lose all the work you have done. You are giving this hollow feeling to a whole lot of people right now.

Yesterday, as I was flying about I see a new base appear and a guy busy harvesting materials. I stopped and spoke to the player (level 46).  Was he aware the servers are closing down? Course not. He had only bought the game recently too.

At the end of the day Wildcard and Snail games, it's your game. The concept is unique, superb, one of the best.  The execution is shoddy. How to move forward is your choice and whether to listen to the community. If you don't it maybe your downfall, it might not. Time will tell.

What is unacceptable for me is that you still haven't put a message on official servers or server lists that they will be closing down in August. Also that this information isn't in the PS store. I guess that is the same on Xbox and Steam. There is no excuse for this, it is just common courtesy.  You could easily of done this in the past two weeks.  

So i wont be buying any future products from you, and remember Ark for it's great concept, the wonderful community and how the opportunity to deliver an epic game was missed.    

adding an automated backup system for single player on ASE before putting the forgotten realms of bits would be nice. If you go and have a look on bugs report forum, 20% or so of bugs reported are saves lost in single player/undedicated!. On dedicated unofficial at least we have ASM doing it..

Edited by darkradeon

8 hours ago, DragonBug said:

ive already paid for ark and its DLCs once, and if this is the best they have to offer, then i will not be paying for it a second time.

scorched only JUST got its ending, after how many years? some maps not even meshed correctly to this day, i can walk right into it and fall out the map without realizing. instead of fixing the issues they add more dlc and more creatures. some of the genesis missions are basically impossible.. ill be here all day if i continue.

if you want to spend money on it, fine, waste it how you like - thats the joy of having disposable income. dont insult the people who would rather not pay into all of this crap a second time. and dont pretend like they wont just recycle as much of ASE's code as they can and stitch it all together with hope and a prayer, UE5 was designed to make upgrading as smooth as possible. they are not making a new game and it is not as difficult as making a whole new one from scratch.

edit: oh yeah. we are only 4 months away from ASA release with nothing to show for it. expected to pay for something we have no proof even exists at the moment. you know what else had a promised release date, and we never got any gameplay footage or assets, and then was pushed back a whole year? do forgive me for not having faith in our wonderful wildcard developers.

Edited by Addock

20 hours ago, DuskyStrix said:

You really are outright ignoring the Elephant in the room, Wildcard. If your community and their opinions meant anything to you, you would seriously reconsider sunsetting official servers and trying to charge us $60 to start over in a game that we already own. 

You’ve dug yourself a hole so deep and you think releasing a new Dino will get you out of it.. Think again. 

The thing is, they're subject to the whims of their publisher just like any other studio. Their silence is likely a direct order from Snail. Being mad at WC won't help anything, our anger should be directed at Snail Games.

WC left their original publisher, breaking all kinds of contracts, when the deal didn't sit right with them. We can only pray they'd lawyer up and do it a second time to save the franchise from their chinese overlords.

Do me a favor yall, click this link and fill it out, official has got to stay. Wc nows it, snail is just a money loving fat cowardly b****. How hard is it to keep up ase? Maybe sunset it 6 months after the launch of asa, but no let's screw over everyone, you have lost a large portion of your fan base, I'm just stupid enough to buy this, but seriously get rid of snail, many companies would love to release your games.

https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers?source=rawlink&utm_source=rawlink&share=46cb6e45-41b1-47c8-abb1-df78d7be74dd

Edited by Huntdad5

11 hours ago, AinzOalGown said:

I can’t wait to see all the complaints from people who payed full price for ASA when it releases. 

Yep, that will probably be me, when it releases, they might actually release it on time though, but imagine they don't. Who wants to play hypotheticals on this one. Imagine wc moves back Ada a month or two, will they move back the end of ark (or at least for me as I play official)? Probably not, imagine a world without ark, ouch. Maybe I can focus on more important things in my life at that point. 

• Like 2

How many players are not aware of the shutdown of the Official Servers.  Many still Buy ARK1 why the game already died out empty servers are almost everywhere.  What's the point of having an event if you're taking this pleasure away from us anyway?  Single Player, maybe I have a server to rent for which you take money from the License anyway.  And when the game will be without full support, these rented servers will also fail because who needs a game that no one fixes: "There is a Blue Screen error number and what a nice message Thank you for your cooperation" Irony?  It hits us several times a day during the game is it good?

3 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

Do me a favor yall, click this link and fill it out, official has got to stay. Wc nows it, snail is just a money loving fat cowardly b****. How hard is it to keep up ase? Maybe sunset it 6 months after the launch of asa, but no let's screw over everyone, you have lost a large portion of your fan base, I'm just stupid enough to buy this, but seriously get rid of snail, many companies would love to release your games.

https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers?source=rawlink&utm_source=rawlink&share=46cb6e45-41b1-47c8-abb1-df78d7be74dd

it is to late, we have x3 event and most Server are 0/0 on Xbox pve. Bases are decay