Community Crunch 357: Introducing Rhyniognatha and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, TyranntX said:

And you want to know what happened after each and every one of those votes after they were all good and done? The people who were unhappy got over it, this won't be much different even IF there's a price tag attached to it. Because at the end of the day these "People" (I can't call them what they really are because they'll get upset and CRY to the moderators) only want to find something to complain about and never truely be happy.

Wild card has been pretty on point with letting people know what's going on through in game annoncements, but with the remaster still a whole TWO SEASONS away from launching, is there really any reason to yet? ARK is STILL a great game as is, and making a few extra dollars (which they could funnel into future development of both the sequel AND the remaster) is a smart idea from a business prespective.

Also, need I remind you that was all SNAIL GAMES' idea in the first place? They were the ones who want to make the "underhanded" deals not WC. Yet you and a number of other people keep lumping them together. Wild Card have done what they could with their hands tied the way they are, and even IF Snail didn't play a part in this the Remaster was never going to be free. They've stated why the upgrade to UE5 couldn't simply be a free update, the project is simply too big for a game ARK's size AND its essentially like building a new game. At least now we can get features we didn't have before, ones that were promised but weren't doable due to engine limitations and time constraints.

So sorry to say, but all this anger is pretty unjustified. so again I say to all the entitled users... Either Buy the game or don't. It doesn't get more simple than that.

My reasoning for lumping them stems from the fact that whether they agree with the decision or are under orders from snail and contractually obligated to comply wildcard still hasn't spoken up on the shutdown in the place guaranteed to reach the widest audience. Willing or unwilling they play a role all the same and unfortunately have to share in the vitriol as they do the profit. I still feel as though a notice should be made in their most public platform- their game- for the sake of their consumer base. While it's certainly the more business savvy idea to stay quiet on the matter it's also a risky gamble due to the fact that the prospective consumer may see it in an unfavorable light. If the disgruntled consumer  discusses this in a public setting then word of other problems with snail/wildcard/ark could pop up and suddenly they're not only turned off of future products but information that damages the company gets passed along to other would be buyers. All the while the company is still in a somewhat tenuous position with a lot riding on a future project (Ark 2). In the end whether being transparent or remaining silent they stand to take a financial hit, its the nature of business. However transparency could at least lower some hackles and slow the spread of dissent.

Ultimately as someone that plays unofficial and has no interest in dropping money on a next gen console none of this affects me (yet), so I gain nothing from this and have no desire to. I just find the handling of the situation and how it impacts people pretty sloppy and distasteful. If only because I've always been a man that values honesty. The fact that I enjoy stoking the fire to watch sparks fly also plays a role, but my intentions are largely altruistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

My reasoning for lumping them stems from the fact that whether they agree with the decision or are under orders from snail and contractually obligated to comply wildcard still hasn't spoken up on the shutdown in the place guaranteed to reach the widest audience. Willing or unwilling they play a role all the same and unfortunately have to share in the vitriol as they do the profit. I still feel as though a notice should be made in their most public platform- their game- for the sake of their consumer base. While it's certainly the more business savvy idea to stay quiet on the matter it's also a risky gamble due to the fact that the prospective consumer may see it in an unfavorable light. If the disgruntled consumer  discusses this in a public setting then word of other problems with snail/wildcard/ark could pop up and suddenly they're not only turned off of future products but information that damages the company gets passed along to other would be buyers. All the while the company is still in a somewhat tenuous position with a lot riding on a future project (Ark 2). In the end whether being transparent or remaining silent they stand to take a financial hit, its the nature of business. However transparency could at least lower some hackles and slow the spread of dissent.

Ultimately as someone that plays unofficial and has no interest in dropping money on a next gen console none of this affects me (yet), so I gain nothing from this and have no desire to. I just find the handling of the situation and how it impacts people pretty sloppy and distasteful. If only because I've always been a man that values honesty. The fact that I enjoy stoking the fire to watch sparks fly also plays a role, but my intentions are largely altruistic.

Will they though? Will they take a finacial hit? We've already established that despite WC's lack of a spine to stand up to their publisher, people are still going to support them. Some of them reluctantly so because of how horrible Snail is, and some out of hypocrisy so their complaining can stay relevant. Heck, people are still going to buy ARK 2 simply for being die hard Vin Deisle fans, They don't care if the game turns out to be a deaping pile of dung,  do you have the slightest clue how many people are STILL posting "Family" memes in ARK 2's steam discussions? MORE than zero, which is telling of just how much people honestly don't care in comparison to how many do. Again, this is completely SNAIL'S fault, full stop. WC TRIED to douse some fires, but entitled people are going to keep being entitled until it bites them in the butt, tears it off of them, and has it handed back to them. Ang Again, Even if WC COULD legally do anything, their still a company, they aren't the friend to the comunity like everyone here SEEMS to believe they are. They need to make money if they are to keep on being a company, and they aren't going to accomplish that be meeting any of the communities unreasonable demands such as making ASA free or by taking down ASE from all store platforms.

I already own a next gen console so this doesn't really affect me either (and it's not going to),what I do gain is the satisfaction of knowng that all the toxic official players are going to be gone and out of the way (maybe finally letting some decent f*cking people a chance to play without getting spawn killed by an alpha tribe for giggles or coming across a sea of metal pillars and no where to build.) WC coulcd have handled this better, granted... but were they ALLOWED to? Seeing as things panned out the way they did, my guess is "No". At the end of the day, it's still the community that's the bigger issue, an issue that will seemingly disapear in ASA (because the ones causing the problem won't be there without proving themselves hypoctites), and honestly I say good f*cking ridence.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Heck, people are still going to buy ARK 2 simply for being die hard Vin Deisle fans, They don't care if the game turns out to be a deaping pile of dung,  do you have the slightest clue how many people are STILL posting "Family" memes in ARK 2's steam discussions? MORE than zero, which is telling of just how much people honestly don't care in comparison to how many do

Now I know I should be quoting more than this but it just gave me flashbacks to people hyping up 2077 because "le ebin Keanu wholesome chungus" memes and puked a little in my mouth at the thought of a repeat of this happening. I have taken psychic damage and will be billing you my psychiatric fees for this. Moving on from that hell though, I know full well people will buy buy buy because they either genuinely have hope and love for the series or are rabid fans with no sense of taste as long as it's from something they like. I also know companies aren't about being friends to the consumer, they're merchants and we the buyers. I just also think people deserve to know that if they want to stay on official log term then the time and money they put into ASE wont amount to anything other than training for ASA. No free remaster as that's absolutely inspid, no taking ASE off shelves because tsotf, single player, and unofficial still work. The community is toxic to its core yes, but I'm of the opinion that even the vile reprobates among the good players deserve a warning when there's a fire on the horizon. Whether or not they heed it is on them.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Now I know I should be quoting more than this but it just gave me flashbacks to people hyping up 2077 because "le ebin Keanu wholesome chungus" memes and puked a little in my mouth at the thought of a repeat of this happening. I have taken psychic damage and will be billing you my psychiatric fees for this. Moving on from that hell though, I know full well people will buy buy buy because they either genuinely have hope and love for the series or are rabid fans with no sense of taste as long as it's from something they like. I also know companies aren't about being friends to the consumer, they're merchants and we the buyers. I just also think people deserve to know that if they want to stay on official log term then the time and money they put into ASE wont amount to anything other than training for ASA. No free remaster as that's absolutely inspid, no taking ASE off shelves because tsotf, single player, and unofficial still work. The community is toxic to its core yes, but I'm of the opinion that even the vile reprobates among the good players deserve a warning when there's a fire on the horizon. Whether or not they heed it is on them.

This is an 8 year old online game and much like every online game their servere's aren't going to last forever, nothing does. So it really shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that it's coming to an end in the near future, people are naive to think otherwise. Yeah sure it would be a nice thing for the toxic players to be warned of this... But should they be? There ARE the same people who turned official servers into an unplayable wasteland, and would GLADLY do it on repeat should more servers open up for them to do so. No, they have been warned enough already. I'll be elated to watch the official servers go down for good just to watch said players burn and wither as all thier work (some of it stolen from people they didn't have to steal from) get reduced to cyber dust.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Will they though? Will they take a finacial hit? We've already established that despite WC's lack of a spine to stand up to their publisher, people are still going to support them. Some of them reluctantly so because of how horrible Snail is, and some out of hypocrisy so their complaining can stay relevant. Heck, people are still going to buy ARK 2 simply for being die hard Vin Deisle fans, They don't care if the game turns out to be a deaping pile of dung,  do you have the slightest clue how many people are STILL posting "Family" memes in ARK 2's steam discussions? MORE than zero, which is telling of just how much people honestly don't care in comparison to how many do. Again, this is completely SNAIL'S fault, full stop. WC TRIED to douse some fires, but entitled people are going to keep being entitled until it bites them in the butt, tears it off of them, and has it handed back to them. Ang Again, Even if WC COULD legally do anything, their still a company, they aren't the friend to the comunity like everyone here SEEMS to believe they are. They need to make money if they are to keep on being a company, and they aren't going to accomplish that be meeting any of the communities unreasonable demands such as making ASA free or by taking down ASE from all store platforms.

I already own a next gen console so this doesn't really affect me either (and it's not going to),what I do gain is the satisfaction of knowng that all the toxic official players are going to be gone and out of the way (maybe finally letting some decent f*cking people a chance to play without getting spawn killed by an alpha tribe for giggles or coming across a sea of metal pillars and no where to build.) WC coulcd have handled this better, granted... but were they ALLOWED to? Seeing as things panned out the way they did, my guess is "No". At the end of the day, it's still the community that's the bigger issue, an issue that will seemingly disapear in ASA (because the ones causing the problem won't be there without proving themselves hypoctites), and honestly I say good f*cking ridence.

Still banging on the 'entitled' drum I see .... have fun playing asa because contrary to your beliefs I am NOT buying it (which would have been at least 3 copies too) and I am avoiding ark2 also - vin diesel does not make a game nor does he sell it for me - plus all the other problems we already know about or lack of knowing with ark 2.

No matter what we or you say asa is not going to refined or polished IF it has the actual upgrades and added features that WC are advertising on RELEASE in AUG then kudos them, but by killing official servers they have made a decision that myself and many others have been indecisive about - simply quitting, I have loved and hated 8 years of ark, more loved and got wayyy more than my moneys worth but as you yourself admitted this whole situation has been handled extremely poorly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

This is an 8 year old online game and much like every online game their servere's aren't going to last forever, nothing does. So it really shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that it's coming to an end in the near future, people are naive to think otherwise. Yeah sure it would be a nice thing for the toxic players to be warned of this? But should they be? There ARE the same people who turned official servers into an unplayable wasteland, and would GLADLY do it on repeat should more servers open up for them to do so. No, they have been warned enough already. I'll be elated to watch the official servers go down for good just to watch said players burn an wither as all thier work (some of it stolen from people they didn't have to steal from) get reduced to cyber dust.

Everything ends, such is nature of being. The timing between the end of official and ASA definitely could've been better though. A week before or after the announcement of the closure might've been received better. Then again maybe not. Maybe ripping off the bandaid quickly was a more strategic idea. As it is now we'll never know. Although we should also acknowledge the fact that at least a chunk of the people that made ASE official hell will just as likely move to ASA and repeat their chicanery all over again. I've said it in the past but it bears repeating that they'll have a leg up on the newer players because they'll know exactly what progress to rush, where to go, and what to breed to reclaim their grasp on domination in the game. Tyrants rarely relinquish power willingly, rarer still are the ones that will accept their loses and change for the better. The catharsis you have about them losing power will be fleeting, instead you should find catharsis in knowing they'll be wrestling each other in the dirt like animals for at least a week or two until a winner is declared.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Everything ends, such is nature of being. The timing between the end of official and ASA definitely could've been better though. A week before or after the announcement of the closure might've been received better. Then again maybe not. Maybe ripping off the bandaid quickly was a more strategic idea. As it is now we'll never know. Although we should also acknowledge the fact that at least a chunk of the people that made ASE official hell will just as likely move to ASA and repeat their chicanery all over again. I've said it in the past but it bears repeating that they'll have a leg up on the newer players because they'll know exactly what progress to rush, where to go, and what to breed to reclaim their grasp on domination in the game. Tyrants rarely relinquish power willingly, rarer still are the ones that will accept their loses and change for the better. The catharsis you have about them losing power will be fleeting, instead you should find catharsis in knowing they'll be wrestling each other in the dirt like animals for at least a week or two until a winner is declared.

Again, would they? So many official players have stated they are drawing the line and NOT getting ASA just because of this incident, so it's really about how many of them mean it and how many will get outed for having double standatds and bullied off the servers. Not to mention many of those "tyrants" will have to compete with other veterans, other players they may have harassed for funsies for the past 8 years, grudge matches will no doubt be a thing and the alphas of old WILL be vulnerable for the first time ever. And that's IF any of them make a return, which given the demeanor of what's being said (if any of them actualy can be taken for their word), they probably won't.

I play Unofficial anyway to avoid such absurdities, So again... nothing really affacts me in this situation other than Karma being on my side for a good long while. I'll will test the waters of the official servers with any interested buddies but we won't stay long either way because the grind in official ASE was already just plain bad even without 9 year olds being jerks. Either way it will still be a good laugh to watch idiots prove why no one unironically likes official servers.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Mrkunio said:

CE 34878 0 is our tribe name haha

It's a friend's screenshot not mine HaHa. This bug has been showing since the release of Gen1.  After the release of this DLC, the ordeal with BS began.  And it has nothing to do with the name of the Tribe. How many trib names exist on one map?  Are they all bad for you?  Because you only read words like F.. BS, Sh... BS etc. in the chat.

Edited by Noffek

It's not for me to judge players here, let alone talk about looking for Hacks in the game, and on PVE servers.  Pvp is also a different story that I personally don't like.  And that's what ASA brings only in PVP mode.  Know the PVE community just won't buy ASA just to have the new Ark from UE5 but mostly because of one big unknown which is ARK2. Some people themselves swear that they won't buy it, but they will buy it because of ARK2. I'll wait until they release both versions, then if it turns out to be a flop, you can buy it on a pretty good promotion xD Unless it will be free like in the case of games that met a similar fate.  Then maybe I'll download and watch the game, claiming, for example, that the game could have or notbhave potential. It is also known that in the present times and Inflation, players calculate the current contribution to the game and the household budget.  For example, I'm not going to buy a second ps5 at the moment to pay a wild card for the same game only with the option for new console releases or PC components. Even having one PS5, I still don't want to and I'm not forced to buy a new ASA and ARK2.  It's a matter of our choice.  Everyone has an opinion on every aspect of this game since its release. But the fact remains that the official PVE servers will no longer be available.  Or maybe console gamers will lose most of what they love to do? What reaction can you expect?  Everything that is happening on the servers and forums right now proves that the wild card is not going in the right direction. As well as why company X bought company A is none of our business, we know it's a matter of getting cash for some product or service anyway. But again, another doubt arises about the current Wild Card buyer who is not in good standing due to modifications made, purchase costs and many other factors.  The STOP light is on for me. I doubt ASA would be released on time, but I have no doubt that the servers will go offline exactly as announced, and I wouldn't be surprised if the server shutdown was delayed too (after all, why prolong the already ongoing Agony of ARK 1 PVE?) If Wildcard had already released the console server saves, the servers were (in fact, already are) empty. All this s... that's going on is a fever before the release of ASA, they are already spending something that is just being created because UE5 is no longer UE4 and the copy paste principle does not work. And it's not true that you have to pay for all remasters.  They are free, payable within reason (9.90 like GTA for example) And the fact is that they are Full remasters for which you have to pay a lot of money if you want to have it but there is always the option of the old version which is still playable and not turned off like it does  Wild Card.

hello for my part I am hyped for asa and that everything is reset to zero not want to play a new ark again and that in not even a week everything is polluted with large bases of many dinos with stats exploding we all start again at the same stadium with blank servers. I understand certain closing the servers not top after it's like that but asking to transfer to the new ark asa no thank you. after meter new ridiculous dino which focuses on asa and introduces it on asa instead

So I have a few things to say.

1. While I don't play on official servers I think it's garbage to give the middle finger to everyone who does.

2. You PROMISED A FREE UPGRADE. I'd bet money that half this backlash over the price tag would not exist if you hadn't originally told us it was going to be free. YOU LIED. END OF DISCUSSION. FULL STOP. Most of us could accept delays, could accept bugs, but this outright attempt at one of the lowest most anti-consumer things is unacceptable.

3. Even if we ignore the lies, $60 is far too much. I literally JUST bought several of my friends copies of Ark AND the DLCs so they could join me in this wackadoo dino game you made. A game I've put a couple of thousand hours into. I'm not paying $60 for all of that AGAIN so quickly. Especially when literally all the maps we play on won't even be in it at launch.

4. Mods, my group plays on unofficial with a pile of mods on the server and we have no idea which ones will or won't make the jump to ASA and how long that will take. We like our mods as they are.

5. No option to transfer saves? Will we not be able to just port our save games up to ASA? I don't want to rebuild all my bases and start all my breeding projects over from scratch, even with the unofficial boosted rates we play on.

6. Rhynio looks cool.

7. Your "new bundle" is EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE PER CONTENT. Old bundle: $50 for ASA and Ark 2 plus $20 for each DLC pass, total of $90. New bundle: $60 for ASA with all the DLCs and either $30 or $60 for Ark 2 separately, so either $90 or $120 depending on what Ark 2 retails for. So it's EXACTLY THE SAME PRICE IN TERMS OF DOLLAR TO GAME CONTENT RATIO. Clever but not clever enough and frankly incredibly scummy. 

8. I'm willing to give y'all the benefit of the doubt and assume this mess is the doing of Snail Games and not you.  HOWEVER, y'all need to stand up to them. Ark is literally their only successful IP, the rest of their game portfolio is a pile of utter flops nobody cares about. YOU are the makers of that IP, YOU hold the golden goose, so YOU have the power to dictate things to them, because without you they have no income. Put the foot down for your players. Ark made hundreds of millions of dollars for them so it's clear they either pissed it away on failed projects or just pocketed it. Stand up for your player base, Snail literally cannot make money without you so THEY have to bend to YOUR demands, not the other way around.

Edited by GmanPlaysGames
  • Like 2

Talk about tone deaf.  They are currently getting review bombed by angry gamers so bad that they have to give away free copies on steam with the requirement that recipients leave a review to try and combat the bad ones. (Friendly reminder to update those reviews gamers!)  They are also in the process of still selling Ark and it's DLC in stores for a game that will essentially go into offline mode come August, with no mention of the servers going offline in the stores. (dont even mention the soon to be abandoned unofficial servers)  But rejoice...shiny new dino to play with...for a couple months.  This will play out only 2 ways; gamers let themselves be played and shell out for this reskin of content they already own or they stand their ground and refuse anything ASA related for anything beyond $30

Edited by Thexone
  • Like 2

Also in the PSN store they still sell ARK1 and also without any information. However, someone forgot to add information that the servers are going Offline. It's not nice to continue to collect money from players for only a few months of playing! The wild card has never been timely, but me and the previous speakers put it in the same way with the conclusion of the end of ARK1. currently we have several options: August 1-31 Official servers go offline (more like above).  2- here we still have open issues regarding the ASA issue.  It'll be on time (unlikely, if so 100%, there will be fast updates on release day because someone found a hack or something) there's hardly been a DLC release where they didn't notice that players already knew about the bugs. 3 - this is the postponement of the ASA release (here, there is no point in maintaining the official ARK1 servers because of the costs that they want to minimize lately.) UE4 gave them problems, mesh, lags and more.  Just released unoptimized game.  I feel like I've been testing the game for a couple of years. If the wild card miscalculated, the story of the ARK may come to an end. It certainly wasn't a good idea to sell ARK to a company that doesn't have a reputation among gamers. There are many game producers many could revive the old ark by adding ASA to us.  We now have an example of fundraising.  And no concern for the end user that we players are. WILD CARD  SILENCE IS NOT WELCOME!  WE WANT YOUR STATEMENT!

1 what its plan For ARK1 Officjel serwer?

2 plan for ASA 
3 plan for ARK2

and more !!!!!

We do not ask about what we already know, we only know what is not described in detail.  We want news, more production materials.  When you fail your customers, they may fail you too.

Maybe you will finally find a competent person to communicate with the client?  Customers are us players, don't forget that.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:43 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

They threw us a bone once before when they did with desmodus' abilities (granted most of the abilities that were suggested that made it in were common sense things one would expect from a bat like echolocation) so I can sorta kinda see where some people may have expected some things to be introduced. However after dinopithecus was introduced in the very beginning people really should know by now not to expect things to make it in from a suggestion.

Yeah, Desmodus abilities were a no-brainer.

Sky Giga would destroy balancing a lot more than it already is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...