Community Crunch 357: Introducing Rhyniognatha and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Austria said:

it is to late, we have x3 event and most Server are 0/0 on Xbox pve. Bases are decay

I got some friends with thousands of hours on xbox official and they don't know what to do: they don't know if WC will be ever able to allow them to download their servers and play it in some way on single player/undedicated. They fear that the limitations of the XBOX servers and the console file system will not allow them to preserve the saves. And still no words about this from devs.

On PC official on the other side we still see a lot of new players coming and none of them are aware the server will shut down in august. There is still no announcement in game.

Edited by darkradeon

1 hour ago, RealNomad said:

I guess WIldcard really are nothing more than sock puppets for a Disgusting greedy corrupt chinese company that deserves to be obliterated. 

You wont even do the right thing and remover the game for sale when you plan to drop support for it in 3 months.

selling it is legit, since all other features will work.. marking it as mmo I don't think so legit, since most of unofficial clusters are small or medium small, nothing comparable with official clusters. Basically the real mmo experience of ARK was on official de facto due the costs of unofficial servers, especially some maps (Genesis 2, Lost Island take space like 3-2 maps typically in RAM). Also they should mention clearly both in stores and ingame what will happen on official clsuters too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkradeon said:

selling it is legit, since all other features will work..

This. Scummy as it is they're technically legally in the right as other features and modes work. Morally however I find it repugnant that they haven't at least put up an in game notice seeing as most of their players likely don't follow them on twitter or use StA to see these updates 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

This. Scummy as it is they're technically legally in the right as other features and modes work. Morally however I find it repugnant that they haven't at least put up an in game notice seeing as most of their players likely don't follow them on twitter or use StA to see these updates 

this. we got new players almost daily in the main server of official where I still play. Not easy to tell people and potential new community members that all will end the 31st of August 😕

7 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

this. we got new players almost daily in the main server of official where I still play. Not easy to tell people and potential new community members that all will end the 31st of August 😕

It really does suck doesn't it? Why are they leaving it to the players to do this for them? Is the few quick bucks really worth it? Worst part is I can totally see snail getting them to say "well we did tell people! You just had to look out our websites and social media that most of you never cared about!"

• Like 1

I never thought I'd actually get to watch a dumpster fire quite like Studio Wildcard, I'm both quite entertained by the dramatic amount of backlash from the community that you people are fu**ing over, but also very sad and depressed over all that will be lost from my hard work over the years I been playing.

And I'm sure next crunch will be just as much of a let down as these last 3, though for all we know, somebody may eventually pull their head out their rear end and actually listen to the feedback...

• Like 1

You're right, they don't care about the Games community, especially the Players.  The only goal is to get as many sales as possible. We also receive all information at a snail's pace, which is too slow. The only quick decision and in my opinion not the best one: It's thinking that We're going to turn off ARK1 for them, then they'll buy a renewed ark (I deliberately didn't use the word remaster).  If the WILD CARD says so, You lose the profit of 2 sets because my wife and I both play.  How many years have we been struggling with the Blue Screen?  I've already lost count.  But in a few months you have a nice gift for the players: Turn off ARK1 and buy another ARK.  (the fact that many will buy it anyway, but the fact that many will not buy it because life is more important than ARK and here you have to buy something that you have, and buy new console equipment or appropriate PC components. I'm trying to find the logic and what business model they run.  But I think it's only a valid sale.  Maybe financial problems with the development of ARK2?  Maybe we will organize donations because you are willing to take money from us, but in return we get holes in the map and errors.  Pathetic.

Edited by Noffek

I have wanted wildcard to wipe servers for a long time but wiping them and forcing people to buy a re skin of the game takes the biscuit, I fear this will destroy ark,although I wanted servers to wipe I was in a minority and most people don't,I just can't see many people paying 60 for the game especially when it will be delayed over and over.

1 hour ago, davetherave said:

Also what was the point in bringing out LDL servers when your just going to wipe everything?

LDL was a nice addition to PVP... No point on wiping all official for sure as many of us pointed out for different reasons (never been a server review since 2019, random new servers even for unplayed maps, etc).

You must always see the bright side in any misfortune.

Wiping official servers can be liberating people from the Ark addiction. Somehow, I've always had a strange bond with the Ark with what I collected on the official PVE. Now I'm faced with a choice... to continue my addiction or quit for good.

Wildcard's risky approach.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slejo said:

You must always see the bright side in any misfortune.

Wiping official servers can be liberating people from the Ark addiction. Somehow, I've always had a strange bond with the Ark with what I collected on the official PVE. Now I'm faced with a choice... to continue my addiction or quit for good.

Wildcard's risky approach.

You explained it perfectly.

ARK-Keeps-crashing-425x280.png

Mostly it is so that very many, who now rant and grumble, then buy ASA after all and fall again to the Ark addiction.
At least it's the same with other games, no matter if it's about DLC's Adoons or similar.

I can well imagine that WC really brings many great changes to the game.
I am not happy with everything and find it a pity that some things are done so.
But honestly, how many have been upset about the official servers, that there are only Chinese on it, that all artifacts are overbuilt and much more.
If they give out the save states that's already something great.

And I have to say, I myself play much slower than Offi.
I will also play ASA if my PC makes it, at least to see what changes have occurred.

Whether I will leave my favorite mods behind I don't think so.
If the mods are not also converted for Asa, I'll probably stay with ASE... unless ASA brings similar features to the game. Animal babies would be there... but that wouldn't be enough for me personally.

The Hunted, Kanga and immersive Taming just bring too much into the game for me, without that I don't want to play anymore. 

Be it the radial menu to mine certain goods, the behavior of the animals (significantly higher food consumption when working, fainting when no more food is available), that you lose XP when dying and also remains injured, the various diseases, how weapons are built and of course the taming, where trust must be earned. (Provided you set immersive taming correctly).

Without these mods , or similar, I also do not want to play ASA permanently and there WC would have to bring in a lot, which probably does not happen.

But buy and probably be thrilled by all the changes that I can imagine very well.
Provided that the PC makes it with.

32 minutes ago, Dienstbier said:

Mostly it is so that very many, who now rant and grumble, then buy ASA after all and fall again to the Ark addiction.
At least it's the same with other games, no matter if it's about DLC's Adoons or similar.

I can well imagine that WC really brings many great changes to the game.
I am not happy with everything and find it a pity that some things are done so.
But honestly, how many have been upset about the official servers, that there are only Chinese on it, that all artifacts are overbuilt and much more.
If they give out the save states that's already something great.

And I have to say, I myself play much slower than Offi.
I will also play ASA if my PC makes it, at least to see what changes have occurred.

Whether I will leave my favorite mods behind I don't think so.
If the mods are not also converted for Asa, I'll probably stay with ASE... unless ASA brings similar features to the game. Animal babies would be there... but that wouldn't be enough for me personally.

The Hunted, Kanga and immersive Taming just bring too much into the game for me, without that I don't want to play anymore. 

Be it the radial menu to mine certain goods, the behavior of the animals (significantly higher food consumption when working, fainting when no more food is available), that you lose XP when dying and also remains injured, the various diseases, how weapons are built and of course the taming, where trust must be earned. (Provided you set immersive taming correctly).

Without these mods , or similar, I also do not want to play ASA permanently and there WC would have to bring in a lot, which probably does not happen.

But buy and probably be thrilled by all the changes that I can imagine very well.
Provided that the PC makes it with.

We and yourself can all imagine the amazing changes that need to be made and what WC has said - HOWEVER them SAME changes / upgrades qol adjustments HAVE to make it into asa on RELEASE in AUG and no BS it will be ready in a few weeks for this / that / them because this is quite probably THE LAST chance most players are going to give WC and ark especially after the last 2 weeks of poop they have delivered.

Personally I am already out not gonna entertain asa or ark2.

What is the point and  of all of this when what you are doing is will 100% crash and burn afterwards because of the fallout and stupidity of your choices by choosing to destroy the original servers and make people pay yet again when everything else and many other groups and people have done this super easily with less people and less money will absolutely destroy it will end the game a very good game as it is it's absolutely ridiculous and I can't believe that nobody on your team and nobody can actually see this and none of you will actually listen to this because you don't care about anything but hopefully getting money I'm in the end it's going to actually cost you more money because people are now leaving because of your antics and even the people that were maybe considering trying the new game out have completely decided against it so it's like they're wearing sleep masks over their eyes and earplugs simply so that they don't have to deal with anything but they can't accept that it's actually going to be worse for them in the end absolutely ridiculous and pathetic and I can't think of anything else to say about it

On 4/14/2023 at 8:21 PM, SharkLordSatan said:

From what I'm able to tell based on the info in the dossier, Rhyniognatha's going to most likely not have the following features the original suggestion had for it;

- It won't be able to swim underwater and fly
- It won't be immune to tuso grabs, nor will it be ignored by aquatic creatures
- Can't roar to temporarily immobilize creatures when not holding something
- Can't carry aquatic tames
- Can't carry two medium-sized creatures or one large-sized creature
- Can't inflict bleed with jaws
- Can't push back several enemies at once w/ its legs
- Doesn't produce light, and the glue doesn't act as a substitute to sap/honey/ambergris
- Possibly no motorcycle saddle :(

Reminder: You vote for the creature itself not for the abilities.

2 hours ago, GeneralTalon said:

Reminder: You vote for the creature itself not for the abilities.

They threw us a bone once before when they did with desmodus' abilities (granted most of the abilities that were suggested that made it in were common sense things one would expect from a bat like echolocation) so I can sorta kinda see where some people may have expected some things to be introduced. However after dinopithecus was introduced in the very beginning people really should know by now not to expect things to make it in from a suggestion.

3 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Seems like the entitlement is still raging on, disapointing but not at all surprising. Either buy the Remaster or don't, it's as simple as that. Seriously it's no onder other game communities see dinosaur gamers as immature.

Be honest bruv, you and me both have sat through three different creature votes and are 3/4ths through a 4th and have seen how entitled folk get for those, let alone the until now adamant demands for evos. With regards to ASA and everything surrounding it though if I might play devils advocate, those demanding that a public notice in game about goings on are pretty spot on in asking for it. It lets people who just purchased the game and have the ability to play ASA return the game and simply wait rather than spending time and money on essentially the same product twice.

I'm pretty neutral regarding the selling of the remaster at this point (minus some gripes about the price point, but honestly at this point I fuss over modern game prices as a whole anyway so eh.) as remastered games aren't ever free, but this entire situation was handled poorly and wild card and snail games should be made aware of that. 

• Thanks 1

Well, you really think you'll have ASA ready for August? I doubt it. You are going to rush a bug/lagging game to market while turning off the servers to loyal customers. I believe Ark in all it's forms along with Wildcard/Snail games is going to wind up in the landfill right next to the Atari ET game. So begins the great game crash 2023 when other companies try to follow this company's road map straight to hell.  I am sorry to see you go. I might shed a real tear!.....Nah!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Be honest bruv, you and me both have sat through three different creature votes and are 3/4ths through a 4th and have seen how entitled folk get for those, let alone the until now adamant demands for evos. With regards to ASA and everything surrounding it though if I might play devils advocate, those demanding that a public notice in game about goings on are pretty spot on in asking for it. It lets people who just purchased the game and have the ability to play ASA return the game and simply wait rather than spending time and money on essentially the same product twice.

I'm pretty neutral regarding the selling of the remaster at this point (minus some gripes about the price point, but honestly at this point I fuss over modern game prices as a whole anyway so eh.) as remastered games aren't ever free, but this entire situation was handled poorly and wild card and snail games should be made aware of that. 

And you want to know what happened after each and every one of those votes after they were all good and done? The people who were unhappy got over it, this won't be much different even IF there's a price tag attached to it. Because at the end of the day these "People" (I can't call them what they really are because they'll get upset and CRY to the moderators) only want to find something to complain about and never truely be happy.

Wild card has been pretty on point with letting people know what's going on through in game annoncements, but with the remaster still a whole TWO SEASONS away from launching, is there really any reason to yet? ARK is STILL a great game as is, and making a few extra dollars (which they could funnel into future development of both the sequel AND the remaster) is a smart idea from a business prespective.

Also, need I remind you that was all SNAIL GAMES' idea in the first place? They were the ones who want to make the "underhanded" deals not WC. Yet you and a number of other people keep lumping them together. Wild Card have done what they could with their hands tied the way they are, and even IF Snail didn't play a part in this the Remaster was never going to be free. They've stated why the upgrade to UE5 couldn't simply be a free update, the project is simply too big for a game ARK's size AND its essentially like building a new game. At least now we can get features we didn't have before, ones that were promised but weren't doable due to engine limitations and time constraints.

So sorry to say, but all this anger is pretty unjustified. so again I say to all the entitled users... Either Buy the game or don't. It doesn't get more simple than that.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Seems like the entitlement is still raging on, disapointing but not at all surprising. Either buy the Remaster or don't, it's as simple as that. Seriously it's no onder other game communities see dinosaur gamers as immature.

And here we see a prime example of entitlement ... telling others what they should or should not do.

• Facepalm 1