Community Crunch 357: Introducing Rhyniognatha and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, SharkLordSatan said:

From what I'm able to tell based on the info in the dossier, Rhyniognatha's going to most likely not have the following features the original suggestion had for it;

- It won't be able to swim underwater and fly
- It won't be immune to tuso grabs, nor will it be ignored by aquatic creatures
- Can't roar to temporarily immobilize creatures when not holding something
- Can't carry aquatic tames
- Can't carry two medium-sized creatures or one large-sized creature
- Can't inflict bleed with jaws
- Can't push back several enemies at once w/ its legs
- Doesn't produce light, and the glue doesn't act as a substitute to sap/honey/ambergris
- Possibly no motorcycle saddle :(

There doing this so they don't have to add a balance patch

Why are they ignoring the elephant in the room? People are still upset about the Ark SA $60 bundle and the destruction of Ark SE official servers. While I appreciate the big bug, it seems pointless considering that Ark SE will no longer be supported in mere months, and the bug isn't even in game yet. Very few people are happy, and I don't think Ark 2 and Ark SA are going to be very popular with how poorly they've been handled. Personally, I think Ark SA should be free, but it certainly cannot reasonably cost more than $30. What I wanted to hear this week is that they've taken community feedback and have decided to prolong official severs with a rollback to before the announcement (because so many people destroyed their progress and abandoned ship after hearing the news), and that they've reconsidered the current price of Ark SA, but instead we get a dossier for a dying game and no mention of the controversy. Snail Games, it seems like your days may be numbered. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's crazy you aren't even addressing the backlash that still exists. You guys are really trying to run yourselves into the ground, aren't you? 

There are so many different paths you could take regarding ASA to save face and earn back some trust, but I guess you'd rather choose bankruptcy... wonderful.

Edited by scubadivingmaui7
  • Like 1

Hace 2 horas, Soukir dijo:

I see that all this did not make sense because they are going to shut down all the official servers now I don't feel like playing because I knew that I was going to lose all the bad things I have to wait 4 months until August to play again they have done everything very badly the truth is better than launch asa in june on ark anniversary

Okay all things considered, this tame sounds like it's going to be pretty freaking dope. I would have liked to have heared a bit more details on ASA this week but what we got last chrunch and the one before are worth their weight in gold, despite the entitlement of the comunity as of late.

Edited by TyranntX
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

Sorry.. Remind me what the point is of an extended Evo event and a new bug that will be pointless in the months to come?

You really are outright ignoring the Elephant in the room, Wildcard. If your community and their opinions meant anything to you, you would seriously reconsider sunsetting official servers and trying to charge us $60 to start over in a game that we already own. 

You’ve dug yourself a hole so deep and you think releasing a new Dino will get you out of it.. Think again. 

Edited by DuskyStrix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rocket083 said:

Nothing to see here, oh look a useless shiny new dino 

like a lot of others have stated I won’t be back for ASA or the mythical Ark II.  

if anyone thinks ASA will drop on time your kidding yourself it’ll be 6 months late at least 

I love your point, it is the sad humor we find in WC, but honestly I believe that this will be the first time that they release something on time. I'm probably wrong though, I'm probably overestimating there ligitness.

• Like 1

Save ASE servers. Even if you have to reduce the amount of them. I can’t fathom the fact that everything everyone has done is going to be gone. I cannot buy into your new games knowing at some point you will shut them down. What is the actual point of putting time and effort into doing anything in your games. You will just delete it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Okay all things considered, this tame sounds like it's going to be pretty freaking dope. I would have liked to have eared a bit more details on ASA this week but what we got last chrunch and the one before are worth their weight in gold, despite the entitlement of the comunity as of late.

We dont really know anything about ASA. Regarding the three big topics (balance, performance, cheating) we only got very little and very vague informations. If wildcard doesnt implement massive improvements regarding those matters there is no reason paying 60$ For a remake that has the same issues ASE had for a long long time. They promised ASA would be the best ark version but there is really not much that lets us believe in their capabilities to achieve that. They just seem to carry on business as usual, following the keep quiet and wait out the storm tactic. Not only is that extremely frustrating for their players, it is also not very promising, seeing where their business as usual has taken the game. Full of cheaters, extremely unbalanced and massive performance issues to the point where their servers just shut off. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

If y'all really want to b*tch about bad ideas, go check out my creature vote suggestions and comment how terrible they are and be thankful WildCard doesn't listen to players 100% of the time. Hell, upvote the worst ideas in the Creature Vote instead of the best ones as a form of protest. 

It cant get any worse than all the bullsht wildcard came up with. From manas over bloodstalkers to space dolphins with laser cannons, shadowmanes and all the other ridiculous creatures they made to make sure their dlcs sell.

Edited by acat

8 hours ago, Cyberra said:

You're giving us the new bug two months before closing down the servers. Not giving us enough time to do anything with it or get event colored ones. You did not think that through, did you.

From this very community crunch: "During this event, all wild creature spawns will be replaced with the colors from the event list." That means 100% color spawns. Not the anemic 25% you gave us. TURN UP THE COLOR SPAWNS AND GIVE US THE 100% SPAWN RATE YOU PROMISED. You're going to be screwing us all over in a few months, least you can do is stop cheaping out on the last remaining color events.

And as soon as I post this, you edit the crunch to 25% of spawns. That's pathetic. I saw the original wording

A 100% spawn rate is game ruining. If you need every single Dino to be brightly colored than join an official and set the settings for that.

So when are you going to update your steam page that the original game is getting nuked from orbit in a few months? At this point if you don't do it soon, I might honestly flag the listing for fraudulent advertising.

Also cute of you to try and throw a distraction and not mention the backlash that is STILL going. Why even debut this bug if we get under a few months to work with it before our efforts are wiped?

• Like 3

So Studio Wildcard decided to take wait out the backlash strategy. What an anti-consumer studio and cowards. 
Good luck trying to rebuild a good will in community for ARK 2. I wonder how quickly you'd kill ASA.  

PS: Also, when will you move your butt and update steam storage page of ARK:SE that game will stop having official support in 4 months? That's tiny but so important detail people need to know. 

Edited by Lewiatan
  • Like 3