Community Crunch 357: Introducing Rhyniognatha and More!

StudioWildcard

welcome_crunch2023-1.png

Spring is still in full swing, and bugs are back in town... literally! We are thrilled to reveal the Rhyniognatha dossier to the community! Peruse it, plot, and plan, as we are eager to see what you will do with this brand-new monstrous bug!
Speaking of new creatures, don't forget to submit your ideas for the Community Creature Vote before submissions end on April 21st! 

NEWS.png

Introducing_Rhyniognatha.png

Dossier_RhyniognathaV4.jpg

Download in full resolution

rhyniognatha_ARK.png

Common name: Rhyniognatha
Species: Rhyniognatha antiquagenitor
Time: Early Devonian
Diet: Omnivore

Temperament: Aggressive

wild_dossier.png

I swear, every new creature I come across here makes me more sure they've all had their genes tampered with. I know I'm right about this. Take this monster bug I'm calling 'Rhyniognatha antiquagenitor' -- big enough to headline a horror flick, but still light enough to fly and skate across water.

Would you believe it also makes a weirdly useful, quick-hardening resin with a variety of uses? It can thicken up its shell for a defensive boost, spray hard bullet-like globs, or squirt soft globs that harden on impact to gum up incoming predators!

domesticated_dossier.png

These overgrown earwigs are just what you need to level up your tribe's aerial defenses! And here's a tip: if you crush up the right Arthropleura, you'll get an enzyme that makes Rhyniognatha glue as TEK-disruptive as Dinopithecus dung. Plus this bug can glue itself to creatures or cargo and carry things around your base!

That said, Rhyniognatha-raising isn't for the squeamish... Their males have a pheromone that invites egg-laying females to use them as hosts. Harvest that pheromone, and you can mark any creature for the female to lay her eggs on. The host then incubates a new generation of larvae that can reap its best traits in the process.

If some poor beast gets eggs laid on it by accident, you might still be able to save it by popping it in a cryopod and freezing out the larvae.

creaturesubmissions.png

ARK_Fjordur_KeyArt_1920.jpg

The community creature submissions are still underway! Don't miss out on an opportunity to decide on the next ARK creature that will arrive with the launch of ARK: Survival Ascended.

Please note that this creature will be released for Scorched Earth, so make sure your real-world submissions are in theme with that map! We’ll also be adding an additional real-world creature for each subsequent canonical expansion pack map release on ARK: Survival Ascended.

Check out the Creature Submission Guidelines for more information on the submission process, and hop over to the Creature Submission Forum to see the current entries. The entry period will end at 1 PM Pacific on April 21st, so don't wait - get your ideas in.  We are looking forward to seeing your ideas come to life!

easterevo.png

Easter2023_1920.jpg

Survivors! Easter EVO Event is still active until Monday, the 24th of April. During this event, 25% of spawns will be replaced with the colors from the event list.  It will be active until All Official Servers across each platform are undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

event_rates_EA.png

*Note that these bonuses are multiplicative of the game's standard 1x rates.

• Official Servers: 3x XP, Harvesting, Taming, and Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Small Tribe Servers: 4.5x XP, 4.5x Harvesting, 4.5x Taming, and 4x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • ARKPocalypse: 5x XP, 5x Harvesting, 5x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval, 1.5x Hexagon Bonus
  • Classic: 6x XP, 6x Harvesting, 6x Taming, and 5x Breeding (imprint, maturation, hatch/gestation), 0.5x Mating Interval

Check out our prior Community Crunch for the full details!

conquest5.png

1538089036_conquest.jpg.133783d0941549f6

Conquest servers are being re-introduced for a new season by Snail Games. To kick things off, our current Classic PvP season will end, and servers will be wiped shortly before the new Conquest begins on April 25th.  Classic PvP servers will wipe on April 25th, 5pm Pacific Time.

newseason.png

• Experience gain, taming, and gathering have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • Breeding, hatching, and raising rates have been tripled compared to our standard Official Servers (3x)
  • No tribe limit
  • Tribe alliances are disabled, though informal alliances are allowed
  • Servers have a maximum player count of 100
  • Excluded maps: Aberration, Gen 1 & 2, Extinction and Fjordur
  • The following TEK engrams/items will be available:
    • TEK Replicator
    • TEK Transmitter
    • TEK Turret
    • TEK Hatchframe
    • TEK Door
    • TEK Foundation
    • TEK ladder
    • TEK Pillar
    • TEK Ramp
    • TEK Trapdoor
    • TEK Wall
    • TEK Doorframe
    • TEK Windowframe
    • TEK Window
    • Sloped TEK Wall Left
    • Sloped TEK Wall Right
    • TEK Staircase
    • Sloped TEK Roof
    • TEK Railing
    • TEK Fence Foundation
    • TEK Generator
    • TEK Trough
    • TEK Teleporter
    • Megalodon TEK Saddle
    • Vacuum Compartment
    • Vacuum Compartment Moonpool
    • Cloning Chamber
    • Tapejara TEK Saddle
    • TEK Fence Support
    • Large TEK Wall
    • TEK Stairs
    • TEK Triangle ceiling
    • TEK Triangle foundation

switch_news.png

Switch Survivors, the Eggcellent Adventure full event is still underway through Monday, April 17th!

switch_extinction.png

Finish your journey through the worlds of ARK in ‘Extinction’, where the story began and ends: on Earth itself!
With the partnership of Grove Street Games, we're excited to bring Extinction to Nintendo Switch!

switch_sale.png

ARKTwitterSaleGraphic5.png

Don't miss out! 
ARK: Ultimate Survivor Edition is on sale for 20% off now through April 17th in the eShop.

COMMUNITY_CORNER.png

Fan Art Gallery | Screenshot Gallery | Artist Feedback Form

clipsandvideosblue.png

Creator: Python

Join Python as he begins his ultimate journey! There is no limit to what is possible during this playthrough, his goal is to have as much fun as possible.

Creator: Veno (featuring Raasclark)

Veno and Raasclark take on another challenge in their Dingle Cup Season 2! Today they will be taming creatures based solely on their dossier's description. Can you guess the creature before they do?

fanartblue.png

The kitten is watching you by Ariz

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Ariz_1920x1080

Yutyrannus by @k3zk_627

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_k3zk_627_1920x

Sakuramochi by @falco_luna

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_falco_luna_192

Battle for Eden by @TekARK3

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_TekARK3_1920x1

Fjordhawk by mendozian

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_mendozian_1920

Tropeognathus by @DW_ARK

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_DW_ARK_1920x10

Hostiles Approaching by @WolfTek7

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_WoldTek7_1920x

acreenshotsblue.png

Just finished casually farming metal at the best location in the game by @BeyPlays

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_BeyPlays_1920x

The view from my house by u/NahDontLook

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_NahDontLook_19

The Doedicurus by Manatee

large.ARK_CommunityCrunch_Manatee_1920x1

Enjoy your weekend!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Discord: discord.com/invite/playark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Official Wiki: ark.wiki.gg

View full article

So no way you save a portion of official? Servers amount were never a problem since 2019 last partial legacy shutdown.. :(

What about poor console players, will they able to download and play the official server saves? :(

No other words about concerns regarding overwolf, multiplatform issues (Sony/Microsoft bits for undedicated)... all concerning unofficial? 😕

Nothing else... nothing? 😕

Any change to get code of ASE on github on Epic Unreal Engine like way? :(

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

You're giving us the new bug two months before closing down the servers. Not giving us enough time to do anything with it or get event colored ones. You did not think that through, did you.

From this very community crunch: "During this event, all wild creature spawns will be replaced with the colors from the event list." That means 100% color spawns. Not the anemic 25% you gave us. TURN UP THE COLOR SPAWNS AND GIVE US THE 100% SPAWN RATE YOU PROMISED. You're going to be screwing us all over in a few months, least you can do is stop cheaping out on the last remaining color events.

And as soon as I post this, you edit the crunch to 25% of spawns. That's pathetic. I saw the original wording

Edited by Cyberra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I am glad my creature mechanics ideas I suggested during the voting were chosen. The organic net gun idea especially. And it seems they also thought the idea to use grappling hook mechanics to carry creatures so it would work on all size creatures, thus removing any animation headaches, will be used as well. Now I look forward to what uses we can get out of the goop the Rhyniognatha makes. I hope this turns out well.

Now I just hope we get the "after party" event  I suggested. Boosted rates till the day of sunset, and evo events that do not up the rates, but instead have 100% colorful creatures, or all creatures are one specific color. It would really be cool if they use my idea for evo events where beams of light, shine off of all the explorer notes so people can have a little fun exploring the map, while also getting to experience all of the story with their friends while theystill can.

Edited by BlakeEIves
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

From what I'm able to tell based on the info in the dossier, Rhyniognatha's going to most likely not have the following features the original suggestion had for it;

- It won't be able to swim underwater and fly
- It won't be immune to tuso grabs, nor will it be ignored by aquatic creatures
- Can't roar to temporarily immobilize creatures when not holding something
- Can't carry aquatic tames
- Can't carry two medium-sized creatures or one large-sized creature
- Can't inflict bleed with jaws
- Can't push back several enemies at once w/ its legs
- Doesn't produce light, and the glue doesn't act as a substitute to sap/honey/ambergris
- Possibly no motorcycle saddle :(

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

With ASA you have put yourself into a position where you really have to deliver.
Give us a full list of changes you make for ASA and keep it updated. Get in touch with your players and collect feedback to that list. If you want ASA to become an „evergreen“, the „best Ark can be“, then you need the help of your community. Make use of that resource. There are a lot of changes needed - some bigger ones and lots of smaller ones. Many of which probably wouldnt even come to your mind because of how specific they are (or how bad your idea of balance is, sorry, had to add that part).
Also add a new place for ASA related suggestions. The old suggestions page is full of old stuff. Classify the suggestions in categories like ‘under consideration‘, ‘accepted‘, ‘rejected‘, so people know you have seen their idea and what you think of it. Comment on the suggestions. Get in touch, show passion, involve us in the process and earn back some of the trust you have lost.

• Like 6

I'm sorry Wildcard, but if you cannot see by now that the community does not care about a new dino that we will have 3 months to play with, or quite frankly about ASA in general, you are totally blind. The community WAS excited about Unreal Engine 5... that was until you dropped that bomb about sunsetting the current servers.... it's BS and you KNOW you're screwing your fan base. This is the final nail in your coffin wildcard. You will not recover from this. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: YOU ARE CURRENTLY WITINESSING THE END OF A GAME STUDIO.

WHY did you thinking wiping 6-7 years of everyone's hard work was a good idea? YOU DONT HAVE TO OVERHAUL THE GAME!!!! 

A simple import of the current UE4 version of the game into UE5 (which will remove the need to wipe servers) IS PERFECTLY FINE!!! It will eliminate the lag and the meshing, which are the two most important things!!!! 

We would be PERFECTLY HAPPY with that and GLADLY pay for it. 

DONT DESTROY OUR YEARS OF HARD WORK. WE, THE COMMUNITY, BEG YOU.

Edited by AirAKose
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

I ain't beggin them for a damn thing. I'm just getting me a good seat and some hotdogs to roast as I watch them douse themselves in gasoline and prepare to light a match. Find catharsis in their inevitable failure, it's all we can do now.

I am afraid you might be right. Crazy how they just ignore anything asa related and give us this meaningless crunch. Meanwhile threads pop up everywhere of players talking about asa and what it needs. But these devs really dont seem to care.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, acat said:

I am afraid you might be right. Crazy how they just ignore anything asa related and give us this meaningless crunch. Meanwhile threads pop up everywhere of players talking about asa and what it needs. But these devs really dont seem to care.

It's a standard business tactic. Dangle a shiny in the customer's face to hopefully distract them while trying to gloss over a genuine issue. Unfortunately for wildcard and snail they've wronged the consumer base so frequently that there simply aren't enough shinies in the world to distract from their faults. Now it's more like dangling a half eaten chicken wing in front of a starving lion while wearing a suit made of prime rib. Watching them get eaten alive by the playerbase that's woken up to their crap after trying so hard to still love them in spite of it is like the sweetest wine.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even Wildcard is struggling to quit Ark I, the addiction is just that bad. At this point, Ark II is just a dream, a nice idea, with good concepts, but it just won’t come to fruition. 

I can’t understand why they are bothering to release a new creature when they are going to cancel official servers on Ark Survival Evolved. Companies are going to lie, but the amount of lying and deceiving that Wildcard and Snail inc has done is amazing and not in the good way. They didn’t need to remaster all of Ark Survival Evolved to get a handle on UE5. A smarter business move would be to put Ark Survival Ascended on hold, finish Ark II and release it, then go back to finish remastering Ark Survival Evolved all while slowly phasing out the official servers. Then once Ark Survival Ascended is 110% complete they can release it in it’s entirety and be able to bank in on fan nostalgia and make even more money than they would with the current plan they have decided to go with. With the current plan, they are losing customers rapidly. 

• Like 1