Survival Ascended - Questions

JohnnyWylder

Hi, I saw the announcement and, checking the internet, I found a few things about this UE5 Ark.

The question is, what would we actually get ? Cause yes, I loved Ark, but it had some things I didn't like.

EXAMPLES:

- Building System is too raw. Building pieces are ugly and could be much better.

- There are no Human NPCs, which is ... well, sad ... I don't want to live with animals forever. I want humans too in my tribe (and no, I don't want other players xD).

- Some things are really unbalanced, stupidly wrong and unrealistic: Daeodon with more HPs than Allosaurus is wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to start ...

- Tek Dinos, while useful for some stuff, feel stupid and bit unrealistic ... would like some OFFICIAL Servers to be free from them. Have them as optional would be cool.

- Melee combat is basically useless and unless you have red armor and weapons almost any dino will tear you apart (which is wrong as well: a man with a pike should be able to kill a raptor or a sabretooth).

- Also it would be cool to have more customization for Armors and Weapons: longneck rifleunable to fire tranquilizers if scope is mounted is stupidly wrong || Chitin/Iron Armor pieces shouldn't be independent pieces but should be applied to Silk/Fiber/Hide/Pelt clothes to make armored clothes that combines resistance of armored pieces and insulation of the clothes (with slightly higher cold and inferior heat insultation)

I mean, will be getting improvements with this new Ark ?
Or would it just be a graphic remake ?

It's not a Re-make, just an engine ''upgrade''(if they can even get it functioning by release), so there won't be any actual changes really apart from the odd minor tweaks to some gameplay (eventually). This is basically a rushed cobbled together 'wish list' of deliverables they put together and posted to pad it out on paper in order to be able to stick a chunky price on it. It's not something they had actively planed, prepared and worked on.

Chances are they'll pull all their teams together to get some sort of working base product by September, then leave a skeleton crew on it after 3 months importing the DLC maps and bug fixing while they shift over all the resources back on the ARK2 project.

Any genuinely new content, mechanics overhaul and changes will only really come from Mods as always. Given how modders will also have to start learning the engine, any such stuff won't be out for years.

In short, you're getting the exact same thing with visual tweaks in a staggered release scheduled over the next 2yrs. So, barring the first few hours of excitement seeing the new visuals, you'll experience a $60 de javu 

On 4/12/2023 at 6:30 AM, JohnnyWylder said:

It's barely a remake. It's essentially adjusting the graphics and (some) mechanics of the game. What you're asking for is more along the lines of what we seem to be getting in ARK 2, with more emphasis on melee combat, gear customization, etc. It'd be cool if ASA would be an updated version of ark, but disappointingly enough, it isn't.

Cheers, good luck, and have a great rest of your day!

On 4/12/2023 at 9:30 AM, JohnnyWylder said:

Hi, I saw the announcement and, checking the internet, I found a few things about this UE5 Ark.

The question is, what would we actually get ? Cause yes, I loved Ark, but it had some things I didn't like.

EXAMPLES:

- Building System is too raw. Building pieces are ugly and could be much better.

- There are no Human NPCs, which is ... well, sad ... I don't want to live with animals forever. I want humans too in my tribe (and no, I don't want other players xD).- Some things are really unbalanced, stupidly wrong and unrealistic: Daeodon with more HPs than Allosaurus is wrong in so many ways I don't even know where to start ...- Tek Dinos, while useful for some stuff, feel stupid and bit unrealistic ... would like some OFFICIAL Servers to be free from them. Have them as optional would be cool.- Melee combat is basically useless and unless you have red armor and weapons almost any dino will tear you apart (which is wrong as well: a man with a pike should be able to kill a raptor or a sabretooth).- Also it would be cool to have more customization for Armors and Weapons: longneck rifleunable to fire tranquilizers if scope is mounted is stupidly wrong || Chitin/Iron Armor pieces shouldn't be independent pieces but should be applied to Silk/Fiber/Hide/Pelt clothes to make armored clothes that combines resistance of armored pieces and insulation of the clothes (with slightly higher cold and inferior heat insultation) I mean, will be getting improvements with this new Ark ?

Graphical.
All of those instances you mentioned is not available and has not even been mentioned. More or less the current offer is supposed to be for pretty graphics, server wipes, and more stable gameplay. Nothing else. Well except for mods.
With that said, the people at overwolf has already mentioned consoles will not be getting it at release. So there is some seriouse questions about mods to be made

Archived