Geedy3

Suggestion

Volgadraco was a genus of Azhdarchid Pterosaur from late cretaceous Russia. It was a close relative to the already implemented Quetzalcoatolus. Despite Volgadraco being smaller than Quetzalcoatolus, it is actually taller than a Quetz. Here's a dossier I drew and compiled.
Volgadraco_Dossier.png?width=1340&height

BEHAVIOUR AND ECOLOGY:

Volgadraco fly long distances in search of watering holes and small creatures to eat. Volgadraco can use its massive beak to pick up and carry small dinosaurs and players. Volgadraco can drink directly from water veins and lakes, similar to the Cryolophosaurus from Ark Additions, and once they consume water they will convert it into oil, which can be used identically to normal oil.  Alternatively, the oil it extracts can be shot as a projectile from its mouth, the expelled oil will not only slow down its victims, but it will also be highly flammable, and can be ignited with a flaming arrow. weapons can be shot off the back of the mount because of this.

The creatures saddle has 2 oil tanks on the sides of it, used for extra oil storage. The oil it produces CAN spoil, similar to Basilosaurus oil, however when it is kept within the saddle it spoils at a much slower rate.

TAMING METHOD:
the Volgadraco is a passive tame, similar to the Desmondus. keep oil in your inventory and let it grab you in its beak, it will then drink the oil off of your character and begin taming. The amount of oil required depends on your servers rates.

Volgadraco Pictures & Facts - The Dinosaur Database

The real life version of Volgadraco

TLDR

- Can drill for oil in water veins and lakes
- Can spit out flammable oil puddles

- Can slow down enemies with its oil spit, covering them in a flammable black tar
- Can pick up small creatures and players

4 replies to this server topic

I am not good at English, so there may be some strange sentences. Excuse me.

(私は英語が苦手なため、おかしな文章があるかもしれません。すいません。)

This time, I would like to propose the pterosaur "Volgadraco". The Volgadrako lived in Russia during the Late Cretaceous. It was once thought to belong to the Azhdarchidae family, but is now believed to belong to the Pteranodontidae family.

(私は今回、翼竜の「ヴォルガドラコ」を提案したいと思います。ヴォルガドラコは、白亜紀後期のロシアに生息していました。昔はアズダルコ科だと思われていましたが、現在はプテラノドン科だとされています。)

B2246C5C-AA14-4FD4-8D42-BBD509072A42.jpeg.cbf84cc1d3fbe4fbb9f894512c3d48a0.jpeg

In fact, it is said that the wingspan is about 4m, but if you add it to ARK, it should be a little larger.

(現実での翼開長は約4mだとされていますが、ARKに追加されるならば、私はもう少し大きな方が良いと思っています。)

wild

(野生)

Volgadraco spawn mostly in the Wasteland rather than the Desert. It is slightly larger than the Pteranodon.

(ヴォルガドラコは主に荒野に多く出現し、砂漠には出現しません。大きさはプテラノドンよりも少し大きいくらいです。)

Volgadracos are usually docile and do not attack when touched, but they will become angry and attack if accidentally attacked. At this time, if allies are nearby, they will also get angry and attack. However, when the temperature rises above 60°C, they become agitated and aggressive.However, if the temperature drops below -30°C, they will flee if attacked.

(ヴォルガドラコは普段は大人しく、触れただけでは襲ってきませんが、誤って攻撃をしてしまうと怒って襲いかかってきます。この時、近くに仲間がいる場合、その仲間も怒って襲いかかってきます。しかし、気温が60°C以上の場合は興奮してしまい、積極的に襲いかかってきます。ただし、気温が−30°C以下の場合に攻撃を加えると逃げ出してしまいます。)

Taming

(テイム)

Volgadracos can be tamed, but cannot be fed normally. First, the temperature must be above 60°C. After that, it is possible to deliver food only when restrained by Bola. Volgadraco loves RegularKibble.

(ヴォルガドラコは手渡しでテイムすることができますが、普段は餌を与えることができません。まず、気温が60°C以上である必要があります。その後、ボーラで拘束をした場合のみ、餌を手渡すことができます。ヴォルガドラコは、通常キブルが大好物です。)

After taming

(テイム後)

The Volgadraco can be mounted with a saddle and, of course, can fly. The types of materials that can be collected are the same as Pteranodon.

(ヴォルガドラコはサドルを付けることで騎乗することができ、もちろん飛ぶこともできます。採取することができる素材の種類はプテラノドンと同じです。)

Left click : Bite

(左クリック:噛みつき)

Basic attack power is slightly higher than Pteranodon.

(基礎攻撃力はプテラノドンよりも少しだけ高いです。)

Right Click : stab

(右クリック:刺す)

The basic attack power is higher than the left click, and it can make the opponent bleed. Bleed strength is the same as Carnotaurus, with a small cooldown after attacking.

(左クリックよりも基礎攻撃力が高く、相手を出血させることができます。出血の強さはカルノタウルスと同じで、攻撃後は少しのクールタイムが存在します。)

C key : search

(Cキー:サーチ)

By flapping its wings strongly, it emits sound waves and can read the bounced sound. By reading sounds, you can discover distant sources of water and identify Rock Elementals in disguise. Objects found are marked for player identification.

(翼を強く羽ばたかせることで音波を発し、跳ね返ってきた音を読み取ることができます。音を読み取ることで、遠くの水場を発見したり、擬態しているロックエレメンタルを見分けることができます。発見した物には、プレイヤーに分かるように印が付けられます。)

passive ability

(パッシブ能力)

Volgadraco's attack power and movement speed increase when the temperature is above 60°C.  However, if the temperature drops below -30°C, attack power and movement speed will decrease.

(ヴォルガドラコは、気温が60°C以上の場合は、攻撃力と移動速度が上昇します。しかし、気温が−30°C以下の場合は、逆に攻撃力と移動速度が低下してしまいます。)

If you think this creature is attractive, please vote for it! Also, if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment!

(この生物が魅力的だと思う人は、是非投票をお願いします!また、質問がある場合は、是非コメントをお願いします!)

Comparison with Pteranodon.

(プテラノドンとの比較)

16204923-A1FB-4AF3-A107-495A79B6935F.jpeg.65df128c88152222a46288c5fd1c7fad.jpeg

Bleeding intensity and method of bleeding.(Poor Dodo...)

(出血の強さと出血させる方法(哀れドードー…))

524EAF69-FEBA-4DED-B2C9-50CADF8AF248.jpeg.5586c6d550da0597d957fa32d2e66af3.jpeg

How the Volga Draco Find Water and Rock Spirits.

(ヴォルガドラコが水場とロックエレメンタルを見つける方法)

511237F0-EF60-4B40-A686-C2BD99006B92.jpeg.bd5b01a526c065db5f4a5776ddc9b472.jpeg

Good and bad temperatures in the Volgadrako.

(ヴォルガドラコの、得意な温度と苦手な温度)

CA8A58CF-64BA-4D7B-8F09-1FAADDF5F074.jpeg.11630b53127acdd1bf6d0b0f323d594c.jpeg

I was actually thinking of having it be a similar size to the Quetzal, since a large azhdarchid like the Quetzal was honestly missed potential. It was originally actually supposed to be the Hatzegopteryx, but that was actually a long time requested creature and i wanted this one to be separate. I do like the ability to scan for water and hidden Rock Elementals/Purlovia. As for the peck attack, bleed is to be expected due to the sharpness of its beak. I do think the oil ability should be its main selling point, since there aren't really any good oil gatherers on the Ark yet. also thank you for drawing more concept art, the original one took me around 3 hours to start from scratch.

Archived