thelemonlime6

Suggestion

Hell-Ant.jpg.1437593ab57bcc0c3d49c831a370d3c2.jpg

Dossier

Wild

Inhabiting just about anywhere on this heat-blasted ARK, Ceratomyrmex arca is a large, terrestrial ant, as tall as a direbear and almost twice as long. They are normally hyper-aggressive and often solitary hunters that will eat just about anything they can catch, including unlucky survivors. Instead of doing what other creatures have done to adapt to a desert filled with predators, the Ceratomyrmex has found the best defense to be a ferocious offense. The Hell Ants as some survivors have called them, are normally solitary hunters but will not hesitate to team up with any surrounding Hell Ants to take down a particularly large target. And to make things worse, their stings supposedly hurt so bad that even dinos as big as a morellatops will pass out in seconds. I have also witnessed these ants out of hell chase down faster prey until exhaustion, snatching up whatever poor creature dared to try and outrun them. I've even seen these massive ants leap short distances to cross ravines and catch low-flying lymantria. Luckily, I've heard that the ants can be temporarily pacified by smoke grenades. I'll definitely have to try out that trick if I ever have a run-in with these hellish insects.

Domesticated

While I’ve never seen anyone manage to tame these beasts they do seem to calm down considerably when doused in the thick smoke from smoke grenades. I theorize that if you were able to feed one during this pacified state, the Hell Ant might just warm up to their new master. 

In-Game 

The Ceratomyrmex can be found roaming everywhere on Scorched Earth except for the sandy dunes. They can be encountered in groups ranging between 1-3 individuals with singular ants being more common. They are hostile on sight and attack anything around them excluding dinos bronto size or larger. To breed the Hell Ants, you first have to find a winged male and female as the soldiers cannot breed. The winged males and females (called Alates) will always spawn with two soldiers and have a naturally low spawn rate. They do however spawn much more often following an environmental event (sandstorm, super heat, electrical storm). The hell ant alates are passive until attacked themselves but will flee as soon as their health falls below 50%. Male alates cannot attack as their only purpose to to mate, the female alates can bite, albeit weakly and are better distinguished by an enlarged abdomen and slower flight than the males. Once tamed and bred with a male, the female alate will most often lay an egg that will hatch into soldiers (the ones you can encounter in the wild), but will rarely birth a male or female alate, which can be bred, and in turn, mutated. 

Taming

To tame the Hell Ants, alate or not, you must first throw a smoke grenade under them to calm them down. Once calm, you can then walk up to it and feed the insect any type of meat with honey being its favorite food. It will not stay passive forever and the smoke effects will wear off soon after and it will become aggressive again. Once it is aggressive just repeat the process until the Hell Ant is tamed.

Abilities

• Hell ants can leap a short distance similar to a sabertooth.
  • They can also pick up animals stego sized and smaller, if the creature they are trying to pick up is too big, it will instead latch on to said creature and can bite or sting whilst hanging on.
  • They can sting players or tames being held in their jaws or when the Hell Ant is latched onto a large tame
  • Hell Ant stings deal heavy amounts of topor making them excellent for taming other creatures or KOing your foes
  • The ants also run quite fast (about as fast as a megaloceras).
  • The female alates cannot be cloned. This is to incentivize people to go out and tame more to increase the production of soldiers. 
  • Hell ants will get a pack bonus up to +5 when near each other.
  • Can carry immensely heavy loads with similar weight stat to a gasbags of similar level.
  •  Hell Ants do not take extra damage from megatheriums.
  • They can be ridden without saddles and has natural armor like a shadowmane.

Edited by thelemonlime6

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet