Suggestion

TERATERPETON
IMG_0072.png

Abilities:
First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

Second ability: All sensing tongue
All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to dig and create burrows much like the Basilisk’s and Deathworm’s. When digging, Teraterpeton is able to climb walls and cliffsides but at the cost of more stamina. When sitting still Teraterpeton will poke its beak out of the ground and is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. The exposed beak can still take damage.

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 70% damage resistance to Wyvern breath attacks and provides sandstorm resistance.

Wild Behavior:
Teraterpeton are typically nocturnal pack hunters. During the day Teraterpeton packs wait in silence inside of their cave, hoping for prey to wander in. When night falls,Teraterpeton packs will begin searching for anything to eat with their omnivorous pallet.
70A58A7E-866A-48EC-B5D3-A4892E0299C8.jpg
Taming:
You can incapacitate Teraterpeton by the old school tactic of tranquilizers. After knocking out Teraterpeton you can feed it any thing, its favorite food being plant species Y seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for nighttime hunters. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest pray when together. Theirl saddle this saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.

Additional Information:

Teraterpeton is approximately Thylacoleo height and Carnotarus length.
Teraterpeton has similar speed to a raptor.
Teraterpeton is mostly nocturnal but does not have the Megalosaurus debuff.
Teraterpeton venom can disable SOME passive abilities for example one of those being Carcharodontosaurus's passive.

Teraterpeton lives in the ruins and caves of Scorched earth.
Teraterpeton is inspired by multiple creatures including the Argentine Giant Tegu, Giant anteaters, Komodo dragons and Canada goose.

IMG_2718.jpg
Conclusion:

Teraterpeton is a fun new way to help assist with creature abilities
An excellent addition to keep you on your toes in the deserts of Scorched Earth
And if you like Teraterpeton make sure to…

pNR_FGrUtQElojZDOW39BB5iDCVeqVBYjXasvh6Ul2CxT6gN3xwpbWUbOrgAE4B_0dIBWC6OGHtNv_wx39mVM77CMXtcVb8JtbIkz9aWoFBm9KzIwaJT8KXuZ3M0LCTm-nm-q2Vu0vkudFyz

Credits:

Art by @Annoyed_Persistence on Instagram

31 replies to this server topic

5 hours ago, Khan0803 said:

I REALLY like this creature and its mechanics. We need more unique creatures like this in Ark, rather than copying old ones in both appearance and abilities. I also like that this creature is something unique, it is not a dinosaur or a mammal, which has been heavily featured in the game recently!!!
❤️❤️❤️

But I think that this creature fits more with the Aberration map than the Scorched Earth.
Newt2005, can I ask, do you plan on submitting this creature concept for the Aberration map?

I do indeed :) 

On 4/8/2023 at 7:17 AM, Newt2005 said:

TERATERPETON
IMG_0072.png

Abilities:
First ability: Impaling tongue
Teraterpeton’s tongue is sharp, strong, and dripping with venom. This venom allows Teraterpeton to disable the abilities of creatures for a time. While pierced by the tongue Creatures up to a medium size can be completely prevented from fleeing, but larger creatures can be slowed or stopped depending how many Teraterpeton are using Impaling tongue.

Second ability: All sensing tongue
All sensing tongue is great for tracking creatures and resources. Using this ability will reveal the creatures (including their levels) and resource veins around you within a large radius.

Third ability Crawling earth
Teraterpeton is able to dig and create burrows much like the Basilisk’s and Deathworm’s. When digging, Teraterpeton is able to climb walls and cliffsides but at the cost of more stamina. When sitting still Teraterpeton will poke its beak out of the ground and is able to use Impaling Tongue to drag small creatures into its mouth. The exposed beak can still take damage.

Passive ability: Resistant scales
Every once in a while Teraterpeton will shed its skin this skin can be found inside of its inventory and can be crafted into cloaks which provide 70% damage resistance to Wyvern breath attacks and provides sandstorm resistance.

Wild Behavior:
Teraterpeton are typically nocturnal pack hunters. During the day Teraterpeton packs wait in silence inside of their cave, hoping for prey to wander in. When night falls,Teraterpeton packs will begin searching for anything to eat with their omnivorous pallet.
70A58A7E-866A-48EC-B5D3-A4892E0299C8.jpg
Taming:
You can incapacitate Teraterpeton by the old school tactic of tranquilizers. After knocking out Teraterpeton you can feed it any thing, its favorite food being plant species Y seeds.

Tamed:

When tamed, Teraterpeton make great pets for nighttime hunters. They benefit greatly from pack mentality and can take down the largest pray when together. Theirl saddle this saddle allows the survivor to craft the aforementioned cloak.

Additional Information:

Teraterpeton is approximately Thylacoleo height and Carnotarus length.
Teraterpeton has similar speed to a raptor.
Teraterpeton is mostly nocturnal but does not have the Megalosaurus debuff.
Teraterpeton venom can disable SOME passive abilities for example one of those being Carcharodontosaurus's passive.

Teraterpeton lives in the ruins and caves of Scorched earth.
Teraterpeton is inspired by multiple creatures including the Argentine Giant Tegu, Giant anteaters, Komodo dragons and Canada goose.

IMG_2718.jpg
Conclusion:

Teraterpeton is a fun new way to help assist with creature abilities
An excellent addition to keep you on your toes in the deserts of Scorched Earth
And if you like Teraterpeton make sure to…

pNR_FGrUtQElojZDOW39BB5iDCVeqVBYjXasvh6Ul2CxT6gN3xwpbWUbOrgAE4B_0dIBWC6OGHtNv_wx39mVM77CMXtcVb8JtbIkz9aWoFBm9KzIwaJT8KXuZ3M0LCTm-nm-q2Vu0vkudFyz

Credits:

Art by @Annoyed_Persistence on Instagram

I REALLY like this creature and its mechanics. We need more unique creatures like this in Ark, rather than copying old ones in both appearance and abilities. I also like that this creature is something unique, it is not a dinosaur or a mammal, which has been heavily featured in the game recently!!!
❤️❤️❤️

But I think that this creature fits more with the Aberration map than the Scorched Earth.
Newt2005, can I ask, do you plan on submitting this creature concept for the Aberration map?

I absolutely adore this idea, its such a cool design and I love the artwork, plus its now introduced me to yet another bizarre animal from the Triassic period. I have some suggestions to make the Teraterpeton a more unique member to the roster.

-TRAPPER UNIT: One thing I've been really keen on for ARK to introduce is for more creatures that have special utilities that would assist in catching and taming other creatures, especially agile or highly aggressive animals that would require some sort of man made trap to hold into place. Your idea of an impaling tongue sounds like the perfect way to include this within the game, providing them the potential to be used as a living harpoon launcher that would help slow down and in the case of smaller animals, completely halt a wild creatures movement in place to allow for survivors to easily tame, attack or hold back/distract. This role could be further extended by becoming not only a trapper but a tracker as well, with heightened receptors on their tongue, it would make them adept in not only locating particular resources, but creatures that a survivor would be looking for, with a knack of identifying more powerful creatures too. It would basically become the land equivalent of the Electrophorus, filling a niche that would make it stand out amongst other mounts of that size! 

-PARASITE TAMING: I love knock out tames as much as the next person but as we go on and see some cool new methods of taming being introduced, I would be interested in seeing something unique for the Tereterpton. I have my own idea but it would require some slight changes to their initially proposed nature and could be considered a little vile.
What makes this animal unique is its lack of teeth in the front segment of its jaw, indication that this animal was certainly not an active predator. My go to would be an insectivore, however the implementation of a piercing proboscis like tongue could be interpreted as a Sanguivore, much like the Bloodstalker and Desmodus, so you could go for a similar taming method like them, but what if we went even more unique? What if instead in the ARKs, Teraterpeton's fed on stomach content? Using their proboscis tongues, their pierce through the organ walls and suck out the half digested food of their victims, leaving them in a dazed state with stamina and food drained. From there you could make a taming method similar to the Sanguivores, but instead focus on unique foods rather than blood (a potential for each individual having preferred diets even?)
This idea obviously doesn't need to be taken into consideration, as I believe your idea is just as good as well, however I am always keen to see what new and crazy ways we can collect creatures in the ARKs and with the newly described Rhyniognatha breeding method, its good to see the devs embrace the sometimes not so pretty side of the ecosystem!

-NOCTURNAL NIGHTMARE: Megalosaurs are certainly one of my favourite dinos to use, even beyond Aberration, I just love the fact its so unique and that it feels like that it fits itself well in a particular niche, it feels real in a world of fantasy. I like that you are focusing on making Teraterpeton nocturnal too, but I believe that this should be expressed further. It shouldn't be provided with the same buff/debuff much like the Megalosaur, but I believe it would certainly encourage players to use them more in their appropriate time if they were offered a buff, maybe the group buff is only active at night time just off the top of my head? Perhaps there are other ideas but I definitely think this would be beneficial to again further differentiate Teraterpeton to other mounts of their size. 

Everything else seems pretty good to me, I could take or leave the ability to dig as I believe that this creature is already pretty loaded ability wise and would make more sense to have it be a climber, especially in the context of the roles i have proposed.
My only other thing I would say is if this does not make the vote (which is a unfortunately likely outcome), I would highly implore you to resubmit this if they continue this trend and have a submission vote for Abberation, as I believe in honesty that this would be a much better suited location for these creatures to reside.

Anyway, thanks again for introducing me to this cool dude, you've got my vote!

Archived