DREADNOUGHTUS - The Oasis Bronto / Titanosaur

Xgaming08

Suggestion

As soon as I saw the creature vote had started, I knew immediately what needed to be added, a new large sauropod.  So I immediately ransacked google for my best options, and my favorite of those was the Dreadnoughtus (Dreadnoughtus schrani. D.)!  This Idea is defiantly something to build on, so don't take it as a finally draft please!

My Idea is that it would be between the brontosaurus and the Titanosaurus in size, since its on the larger end of sauropods.  It would dwell in the vast deserts of Scorched Earth, traveling from oasis to oasis.  A common theory is that dreadnoughtus would travel through the desert during mating season, so thats my idea for the taming method.  In order to tame one, you would need to find a herd (4-5) traveling through the desert to the next oasis.  Once you find a herd and follow them to the oasis, you have to start bonding with one of the hatchlings (should be 1-2 in a herd).  The challenging part of this tame is that the parents are protective!  When you approach the babies, you have to be careful in order to make it past the adults.  In order to prevent players from wiping herds adults to tame babies, they would gain an orphan debuff from that.  This debuff would make them untamable or maybe just ruin the tame.  Once bonded they're yours to keep =D then you just have to raise them! 

Once tamed, it would have a platform saddle that would go around its HUGE neck, like a half sized tree platform.  This would be interesting for bases, as a desert tree platform essentially.  They would have a tail swipe as left click attack, that harvests huge amounts of berries and a pretty decent amount of silk.  As an alternate attack, they could reer up on their hind legs for a huge stomp! (Refer to ark additions brachy)  Lastly, they would have a pack buff for HP, boosting up to 20% plus HP at five or so dreadnaughts.  (this would also stack with mate boost) 

In the wild, they are highly aggressive towards large carnivores, or when something is near a hatchling, and if hatchlings are killed they go berserk.  This would be like megatherium rage, where it would kill everything.  (this includes herd members if in the way) They move from oasis to oasis, in groups of around five. 

IMAGE IS FOR PLATFROM SADDLE IDEA:  It would be near the middle of the neck.  

Dreadnoughtus-Scale-Diagram-SVG-Steveoc86.svg.png

5 replies to this server topic

dreadnoughtus was a massive speacies of sauropod that lived in argentina around 84 to 66 million years ago and its considered one of the largest dinosaurs to ever walk the planet.

as for abilities, it would be smaller than a titano but bigger than a bronto (however it would be taller that a titano) it would also have the abilitie to scare and intimidate other creatures with a set of infladable sacks on its neck, these would slowlly inflate and when they are big enought it would send near by creatures into a fear frenzy. 

it also could have a massive stomp that would send creatures and rocks flying into the air (basically the ultimate knock back attack).

it could also have the abilitie to be a giant living feeding trough! in witch it, would have food inside of its inventory and feed any near by tames. without the food spoiling (no matter if its a carnivore or hervibore)

and for one final abilitie, it could have a attack called "call of nature" or "hervibore rampage" where it would let out a roar that would turn all near by hervibores on its side to fight for it

those are all the ideas i can think of but if you guys have any other stuff, please let me know down below

sauropod.webp

f4skfrsut3f91.webp

Name - Dreadnoughtus Pacislator
Time Period - Late Cretaceous
Classification - Titanosauridae
Size - Smaller than a Titanosaur but bigger than a Bronto
Tamable - Yes
Breedable - Yes 

WILD

In the lands of Scorched Earth, there's no Titanosaurus, because there's another giant: Dreadnoughtus!

Dreadnoughtus pacislator is a big sauropod, smaller than a Titano but bigger than a Bronto, who is harmless and won't defend itself. In fact, he is able to launch an intimidating cry, that scares even the biggest of predators, but consumes a lot of stamina. You may see flying creatures rest on the back of these giants: that's because their skin absorbs water during rains and storms. The water is conserved in small holes in osteoderms and so creatures can drink it.

He is a passive tame: he'll eat any plant or fruit, but you'll need lots of food!

DOMESTICATED

If tamed, this giant is very useful: not only he is a source of water, but he also can be used against wild predators or enemy tribes: not only he scares them , but he can also stomp on them! You can also craft a platform saddle for him and there you can build a small fortress. The saddle also comes with various water reservoirs.

ABILITIES

BATTLE CRY - When alerted, the Dreadnoughtus launches an intimidating cry, which scares even the strongest predator. This Battle Cry has also effect on smaller creatures and on players. In this last case, the player will have a heavy debuff on all stats.

STOMP - A simple attack. The Dreadnoughtus will stomp on an enemy, possibly killing it. This ability is only for a tamed Dreadnoughtus.

WATER SUPPLY - More like a feature than an ability. When his water reserve is full, water will drop from his back, so you'll know when it is full or not. This also gives an hydrated buff.

FOOD STORAGE - When in his inventory, food will deteriorate slower than normal, allowing you to storage food.

TAIL WHIP - This ability drains a lot of stamina, but it's very effective. He tailwhips in a long range and so he can damage lots of enemies. This ability is only for a tamed Dreadnoughtus.

More about the Real Dreadnoughtus:

1265302824_Dreadnoughtusrender.png.e9a9b8e52b12582607f43e32774f5ffb.png

(Made by using JW Dreadnoughtus Render and part of Titanosaur dossier)

Archived