Camelops

KalugaStudios

Suggestion

A giant camel from the Pleistocene, Camelops would be great to get you across the deserts of Scorched Earth. With the ability to retain water, get you through the sandstorms, and give you some fat to burn in your torches, Camelops would be great to see roaming the dunes and crevices as a caravan mount.

Attacks:
Kick
Bellow
spit
Trample

Passive Abilities:
Heat cover
Sandstorm protection
Herd buff

Uses:
Feces used to boost growth of vegetables and plant species
Fur used to craft better armor
Saliva used to infect arrows with bacteria
Fat as a viable resource to burn

Pictures of Animal

qt3sibay4cl51.jpg

Camelops Concept Art Colors 1.png

• Thanks 1

8 replies to this server topic

Below is information about the Camelops. I know we have a Morellatops but, my idea and what makes it unique is that the Camelops would act as a mobile irrigation system. The camelops would:

- Produce it's own water

- Upon crafting and equipping it's unique saddle, it would act as a tap that produces water. This would allow you to irrigate crops, drink, and fill canteens by placing them in it's inventory.

- Camelops would be useful for those who build inside caves or anywhere with no nearby water source.

- Will work great with Tek Crop Plots inside caves

- It would help you and your tribe stay hydrated whilst raiding, or performing other tasks

- It will help keep bases hidden as opposed to irrigation pipes that can easily be spotted and followed back to your base.

- A mule for those travelling great distances.

- Perhaps it could also spit and blind players giving them a debuff effect similar to what rare mushrooms do. 

- While riding, protects you against sandstorms, enabling you to see

The following ideas were originally thought of by @KalugaStudios, who also submitted a Camelops idea:

Attacks: Spit, Trample, Bellow

- Heat Cover

- Sandstorm protection

- Some kind of herd buff

Thankyou for reading! I hope you like this idea. Please upvote!

- Chrysa1is

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camelops

Camelops[Note 1] is an extinct genus of camels that lived in North and Central America, ranging from Alaska to Honduras,[1] from the middle Pliocene to the end of the Pleistocene. It is more closely related to the Old World dromedary and bactrian and wild bactrian camels than to the New World guanaco, vicuña, alpaca and llama; making it a true camel of the Camelini tribe.[1][2] Its name is derived from the Ancient Greek κάμηλος (cámēlos, "camel")[3] and ὄψ (óps, "face"),[4] i.e. "camel-face".

Camelops-size-738x591.jpg

Edited by Chrysa1is
Additional feature

Heck yeah! I love the irrigation idea but I would like to add the thought of a sandstorm mount. Something that allows protection from the heat and the fat from the animal can be used as an oil replacement. Another thing that can be done is using the hide to make thick armor to protect from the sand in the form of leather. 

All in all, a fantastic idea! Also nothing is more iconic for the desert than camels. Imma resubmit another creature known as Tetrameryx to avoid confusion.

Just now, APerson1 said:

doesn't this just make morellatops useless

Unfortunately, yes. I feel that the Camelops outclasses the Morellatops. Camelops would be faster, smaller and have much more utility than the morellatops, which i don't think has really found it's place. That's where the Camelops comes in, it would be invalueable to tribes, and solo players.