Introducing, the Slime-Mold!

Connergrey08

Suggestion

Just like last year, I'd like to introduce everyone to the 'slime-mold'
A real world creature that has many species that're still currently alive, and extinct. (which is why I believe it should still count, as there's extinct versions of it)

With the possibility of a formless entity, the abilities it could do are endless!!
This isn't limited to "non-bloodstalker swinging, armor protection, mimic, etc"
NOTE: THESE ARE ALL JUST IDEAS, BALANCE IS ALL UP TO WILDCARD. THESE ARE JUST PROPOSED IDEAS IT 'COULD' BE ABLE TO DO.

Spiderman: Give players the ability to have the bloodstalker swinging in the palm of their hand, with it more accessable since it would (in theory) be on more maps then the bloodstalker is.

Armor/Weapon protection: Be able to allow the slime-mold to wrap around either you, your weapon, or your tames to be able to increase their damage resistance/durability, as the slime-mold keeps everything together like living glue.

Mimic: Whenever the mimic kills something, it's able to keep that creature/player in a catalogue, and transform into the creature on command.
Be able to control the mimic, and have the same tribe-rights as the original player does! (besides tribe managing like kicking, obviously)
It's able to open tribe-owned doors. Though, not allowed to whistle creatures, since if a tame gets a wiff of the mimic, they're done fore.

Taming: Hate the fact you need to make 20+ ascendant flak-pieces until you get your best one, and now you have a whole bunch of bad ones?
Hate the fact the the grinder only gives a quarter of the resources back?
Well, the slime-mold can consume them!
Giving wild-slime-molds player-crafted equipment will increase their taming bar, but the better tier the item, the faster the taming.

Breeding: At first, of whatever ability the slime-mold gets if voted in, it'll be weak at it, or even possible slowly consume you or your tames if applied to them.
Each generation it'll allow the slimes to become more docile, until finally, you can use their ability without needing to worry about them killing you!

https://dwgyu36up6iuz.cloudfront.net/heru80fdn/image/upload/c_fill,d_placeholder_wired.png,fl_progressive,g_face,h_1080,q_80,w_1920/v1572020742/wired_mycologist-explains-how-a-slime-mold-can-solve-mazes.jpg?mbid=social_retweet

9 replies to this server topic

15 minutes ago, Connergrey08 said:

We gonna ignore how the Amangus had fire/ice spikes shoot out of it, the dinopithicus have a parasite to disable tek, sino's picking up humans 6x their size, and the charcar being comically large for a land-animal?
Every creature in ARK is fantasy one way or another, from the raptor-species that don't even exist, to the comically inaccurate of dinosaurs.
I don't think having a creature based off of a real-world living organism that has some wacky fantasy abilities is too much to ask for.

Almost every creature in this game is fantasy, with either wacky abilities or size-ups from their real world inspiration. That is not the issue, and to defend your submission using that fact is both unoriginal and idiotic.

The Issue is that you are trying to suggest that a blob of amoeba should be implemented into an already broken dinosaur/fantasy game, to be able to turn a person into spiderman/venom (bloodstalker then obsolete), be a garbage disposal (gacha or just use an industrial grinder, if your making 20 sets of ascendant flak you can afford to make a grinder and not care about the cost for either), or play pokemon with a ditto in ark. Not to mention you are trying to get this creature implemented into Scorched Earth of all maps. While new things implemented in this game are always a stretch from reality, this is just a bad idea to implement, sorry but I'm not changing my mind. 

And also 2 things: what non-existent raptor species are you even talking about? The "raptor" is based off of Utahraptor (despite its Jurassic-park based inaccurate look), and you are really gonna complain about the Carchar being "comically large" when the giga also received the same size up treatment compared to the real thing? The Giga IRL was almost equal in size to the rex, not to mention that the in-game rex is already "comically large" as compared to its real world counterpart?

4 hours ago, Polsknox said:

This is basically a Ditto x Venom fantasy creature being justified as real because of the fact that you can find slime moving a few feet per day, eating decomposing matter in the forest.

Yeeaaa.....no.

I would like to point out that Slime Mold is actually believed to have some sort of “intelligence”, like I don’t mean animal-like intelligence but it has been able to move in extremely efficient and clever ways to get to food inside of a maze, so the idea isn’t as far-fetched as you may think. Some scientists are even considering using Slime Mold to help design roads across large areas because of how efficiently it can get to its food source.

38 minutes ago, Polsknox said:

This is basically a Ditto x Venom fantasy creature being justified as real because of the fact that you can find slime moving a few feet per day, eating decomposing matter in the forest.

Yeeaaa.....no.

We gonna ignore how the Amangus had fire/ice spikes shoot out of it, the dinopithicus have a parasite to disable tek, sino's picking up humans 6x their size, and the charcar being comically large for a land-animal?
Every creature in ARK is fantasy one way or another, from the raptor-species that don't even exist, to the comically inaccurate of dinosaurs.
I don't think having a creature based off of a real-world living organism that has some wacky fantasy abilities is too much to ask for.

Archived