Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in because my stance is grossly underrepresented. I've been a player since EA, before scorched and all that. I'm pretty excited about Ark 2, but obviously keen on getting the details. Was pretty happy with the initial offer of Ark 2 and ASA for $50. I understand the move to $60 for all of ASA though. And honestly I'm really excited. I think its RARE to see a dev recognize what they have and take these types of steps to bring the game up to date and support it going forward. All the features on offer as well as graphical upgrades is well worth it to me, add in a new map and yes please. I'm looking forward to a fresh run on my server when ASA drops!

4 hours ago, kicsiendzsi said:

At least make the elemets and shard transferable, if you shot down servers, to people who played until now multiple servers can trasnfer everything into one server.  In single player no need a lot of map, or unoficial server not everybody rent a lot of server

this. some servers are really expensive to run for privates due memory requirements (cough cough Genesis 2, Lost Island).

17 hours ago, darkradeon said:

this. some servers are really expensive to run for privates due memory requirements (cough cough Genesis 2, Lost Island).

Yes, thats why i would like, to everything is transferable.  We buided a base 9 server. I move that 9 base into one, becouse only downloading one server. But many stuff i just dropp. Boss parts example, some elements.

On 4/7/2023 at 7:12 PM, crazyhobo said:

rofl so now you will pay instead of 50 they will now charge you 60 and 70 for ark 2 XD they doubled down on the cash grab

Yeah, and maybe I looked over it, but there wasn’t mention of the new DLC for ASA in the roadmap this time either. Which either was an oversight or they will be charging separately for that now as well.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:36 PM, Headspace10 said:

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in because my stance is grossly underrepresented. I've been a player since EA, before scorched and all that. I'm pretty excited about Ark 2, but obviously keen on getting the details. Was pretty happy with the initial offer of Ark 2 and ASA for $50. I understand the move to $60 for all of ASA though. And honestly I'm really excited. I think its RARE to see a dev recognize what they have and take these types of steps to bring the game up to date and support it going forward. All the features on offer as well as graphical upgrades is well worth it to me, add in a new map and yes please. I'm looking forward to a fresh run on my server when ASA drops!

I definitely agree with this, but there awe some caveats. As someone that’s been playing on Official for 7+ years, going back to being a true Bob will be refreshing. Not that I didn’t/still do love my tames and accomplishment, but I’ll admit that it all was getting a little monotonous to a degree. This chance to re-experience all of the ARKs (hopefully with transfers disabled at the start like normal) as well as the new DLC has got me so excited (I’m slightly worried that they might sell it separately now do to the price change but I digress). Some people overlook just how good this is for the longevity of the game/community. Everyone can be happy (to a degree). Don’t like ARK 2? You can still play a remade ARK 1 for many years to come. I am woefully optimistic about ARK 2. The only thing that I genuinely despise about it is the forced 3rd Person. It’s going to make the game feel more clunky to play and will hurt how immersive the world is. As people have said before the price for most isn’t really the issue as getting paid for work is an obvious correlation. But I fear the damage to people’s trust and their opinion of the company will always hang in people’s minds now. It’s always been a meme that Wildcard’s lazy or always miss dates (which is true to an extent), but this time the hate is justified and it will be difficult or even near impossible to fix. One thing they really need to work on is understanding their community and transparent communication on what they are doing/planning on doing. Don’t leave it up to imagination because most will always assume the worst. It’s a crying shame how much I love this game and it’s universe/story. It’s genuinely one of my favorite games of all time. It’s an awful feeling, feeling like this when you know the devs barely seem to give a damn about your feelings. We aren’t just punching bags that double as banks, you know.

On 4/13/2023 at 11:36 AM, IceBabe said:

WildCard - I still hope this is a joke with taking down all servers. Why you don't do servermigration like some years ago with legacy ones? You should have done since years. Tell the people witch server you will stay online and which you wanna delete - so everyone can decide to change server or stop playing. But don't delete all servers, this is not very nice at your community.

Why we should pay for almost the same game again? I don't need new things - let the game like it is now. And focus on ARK 2 so you could release it maybe earlier.

But sadly many will buy ARK ASCENDED - so your plan is working.

EDIT: Oh, what about OFFICIAL LEGACY SERVER???? Maybe you can keep them still alive? Hmmm... good Idea? Not so many servers and separated...

official legacy it dead along side primitive plus a long time go how about you upgrade primitive plus or revamp it or add a cool new vareten of the og stuff all but gen stuff

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Teribug101 said:

It's information irrelevant to the form that is there to cause discord so it was reported that easy

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here.

In any case, reporting a post goes to the moderators. Not the devs. It's a misuse of the function.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Teribug101 said:

If you can't understand what I mean how can you decide you disagree or argue the point I was trying to make. 

I haven't disagreed nor argued any points as no points have been put forth.

You can message me if you would like to talk further as we will no longer discuss it here.

Edited by Joebl0w13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...