Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

I hate how we act like video game developers owe us their lives for $100.

Almost everyone paid like a maximum of $100/$120 per person 1 time for Survival Evolved.  And now they think they've bought your hard work.

If they paid EA $100, they'd be rewarded by having to pay $100s more with micro transactions.

And Epic Games... I love Fortnite, they are free to play, but players are pretty much forced to pay $100s to get the full value from playing the game.

A lot of Ark 1 players can't let go, their data has major value to them.

Hopefully, I'll recreate everything that I cherish within this game; with great fun, easily and enjoy every moment with "Ark 2: Survival Ascended". My creatures will have the same names.

I wish everyone would be happy with the saved data they are giving us, and cherish that saved data. Then go into this new genius remimagining of Ark, "Ark 2: Survival Ascended".

Think of it as "Ark 2: Survival Ascended", then read about the new AI, the ray tracing, the interactive foliage, the updated art, the new physics, updated water and all the other new stuff. Please.

It's going to be great, everyone.

• Facepalm 5

On 4/7/2023 at 7:57 PM, SKULLxQAQxSKULL said:

Ok im going to make it very clear what we want:

1. We want free upgrade to ASA for current owners of ark survival evolved.

And

2. We want to be able to transfer our current ark survival evolved official characters, tames and items to the new ASA offical servers.

And

3. Continued support of pve servers in order to innact point 2.

I object to "we". Who is we? Getting new stuff for free is nice, but not very realistic I just paid $69 for RE4 remake and I am loving it, however it will not get anywhere near as many hours of playtime as Ark SE has or Arks SA will. 

I think what WC should consider is to allow downloading the saves of official servers so that people can recreate them on private servers. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, IGacha said:

As long as we get to keep characters and bases I wouldn't mind paying for a (new) remastered game. But $60 is too much, half the price would be fair, and DLCs should carry over as well.  

Well then wait until it goes on sale. That's what I do with most games. I will gladly pay $60 for a remaster that I will play for years to come. Heck, sell $300 special limited editions with Dino miniatures please!

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DreadMaverick said:

And now they think they've bought your hard work

We did. That's how supply and demand works. They work hard to make something, we give them money because we like that something. We aren't owed their free time by any means, but when they're on the clock pumping out a product we are absolutely owed an even exchange of value between said product and the money we work hard to earn. If a restaurant slops down a raw half, eaten but well seasoned steak medallion on your table after you ordered a medium rare ribeye and tells you they'll get it right if you pay again do you think it fair?

• Like 3

I played about 45 minutes this morning and this was my experience:  

-Single player rex army (20) vanishes out of aberation Fjordur cave that I spent all day raising yesterday.

-Tamed Karkinos disapears in same cave.  

-Can't change colors to match official because 83 and 68 are considered profanity.

-All white color cheats revert back to white.

-Hard reset when I went to log, rolled me back 15 minutes.

-Signed on to my official bases, you know, just in case all my time isn't destroyed come August, however, someone duped on Gen2, server down 30 mins and now I can't log onto different character/server.

Lately for every hour I play Ark, 40 minutes stays, and with the wipe coming, I'm spent.  Spend more money on a game that is still game-breaking broken!!!?!?!  Both single player and official are filled with more bugs than any other game out right now. Finally, I can be forced to be done with you WC; worst experience on the best game I've ever had. 

Edit:  Don't forget the ROLLBACKS!!  Every time a server goes down, guess what, roll it back 20 minutes!  Transfers and tames lost with no recovery!

Edited by donewithark
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DreadMaverick said:

I hate how we act like video game developers owe us their lives for $100.

Almost everyone paid like a maximum of $100/$120 per person 1 time for Survival Evolved.  And now they think they've bought your hard work.

If they paid EA $100, they'd be rewarded by having to pay $100s more with micro transactions.

And Epic Games... I love Fortnite, they are free to play, but players are pretty much forced to pay $100s to get the full value from playing the game.

A lot of Ark 1 players can't let go, their data has major value to them.

Hopefully, I'll recreate everything that I cherish within this game; with great fun, easily and enjoy every moment with "Ark 2: Survival Ascended". My creatures will have the same names.

I wish everyone would be happy with the saved data they are giving us, and cherish that saved data. Then go into this new genius remimagining of Ark, "Ark 2: Survival Ascended".

Think of it as "Ark 2: Survival Ascended", then read about the new AI, the ray tracing, the interactive foliage, the updated art, the new physics, updated water and all the other new stuff. Please.

It's going to be great, everyone.

oh ffs ..... you dont get it either .... 

new AI lol i will believe that when i see it, ray tracing u mean sun shafts ? which are already in and other shiny stuff that will undoubtably turned OFF to boost performance on poorly managed servers  / low end pc's, also do YOU REALLY expect all that to be in the release of asa in aug? (i dont, quite frankly id be shocked if it came out on time let alone had ALL the upgrades they are promising crossplatform etc etc)

heres a break down of my personally funds into ark 3 copies of the game at full price, 3 copies of every DLC and a few £ donated to the charities over the years of running the events.

NO i do not expect to have devs licking my feet saying thanks and yes they need to pay their bills too BUT whose fault does the lack of monetary income fall on? not me i cant buy anymore stuff from them if they dont make any, and the last dlc was gen2 less than what 2 years ago .... so they have burnt all that cash on zero ark2 footage? and bugger all server upgrades.

The community has been unaware of ark asa until less than 2 weeks ago, and they have given PLENTY of different ways to increase income while maintaining ark se but WC / snail have thier own agenda of get rich fast methods one of which is charging full price for ue5 upgrade (too steep) and still insisting that we cannot port ANY info of current personal game saves across to it .. all the while they are literally changing code on the same maps to make it shiny and more un-pixeled (yeah im not a dev but ive been playing games long enough to know bull poop when i sniff it) 

Finally of course its going to be great its ARK se wrapped in a prettier package! whether or not the wrapping lasts or covers it all is another question which will be answered in the run up to aug or before (would love to see some gameplay footage - in ue5 of course)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

it is and will be just a milking from the only successful game snail games has (they even say that in their reports that they need to make money on their flagship title)

just look how suddenly the management from snail games should cost so inredible much more then the years before. you can be sure there changed not much besides they just got more greedy.

they simply just piss away so much money on stuff that noone needs. why vin diesel for ark2. noone needs that. also throwing around so much money on high profile names as voices for the animated series where they still dont have a streaming service for.

so much bad and greedy decissions and the ark players just simply get milked and pissed on

2 hours ago, ActionNeeded said:

why vin diesel for ark2. noone needs that. also throwing around so much money on high profile names as voices for the animated series where they still dont have a streaming service for.

Kinda reminds me of another title that dropped while using a big name actor to garner attention. One that was also delayed multiple times and came out an incomplete buggy mess with most of the things promised never introduced to the game. Even recently released an animated series hoping to win back people's attention. It was set in the far off year of 2077. Now what was it called? Failurepunk? Cyberflop? Oh, right! Cyberpunk. Wildcard and snail games are basically doing a cyberpunk on us. Only without the actually trying to fix their game for free even if it is a bit late bit. Figures they'd ape the failures of cdprojekt red without also bothering to mimic the attempts to fix their mistakes free of charge.

• Thanks 1

So, years of game play down the drain and forcing us to pay for the same game with a few minor upgrades that nobody asked for.

At this point I don't believe a word coming from wildcard. This was some c*nt in a suit who thought they'd be able to rake in the profits by exploiting the ark community. Then when things didn't go as smoothly as they had hoped, they came up with this BS in a feeble attempt to save face while still exploiting the community. impressive to see how little you think of ARK players. 

You're still not getting a dime of my money. I had planned on buying ARK2. now, I'll take 60 bucks and burn it before I give wildcard a dime. 

• Thanks 1

I've been playing Ark for as long as it's been out. I've played on Xbox, PC, and PlayStation. I have literally thousands of hours logged. I have to say, and I'm sure the majority of people in this community would agree, that this is one of the best games ever made. I quit, and then I return. I quit again, and then I return. Do you know why? Because there is nothing like this game. All other survival games pale in comparison. Why has Ark lasted so long? Because it's a good game, but also Wild Card has worked hard to improve the game and have given us added content through the years. I have not played any other franchise or played another game with the lasting power of this game. I think people need to chill out, pause, and contemplate the literal years we've been playing this game. There is so much negativity in this community. I bet 99.9% of people who are whining and complaining will end up buying ASA and Ark 2. Do you know why? Because they know the things I'm saying are true. Once they see that gameplay in UE5 they'll change their tune. Once they see Ark 2 gameplay, they'll be excited. Happens every time. But still, there are some people who wouldn't be happy if you offered them a million bucks...they'll wonder why and complain that you didn't give them 2 million. ASE is an old game and it needs updated. I'm excited and you should be too. I think we've definitely gotten our money's worth and the same will be true for ASA and Ark 2. Has Wild Card made mistakes? Sure. But maybe we should exercise some grace. I know I'll be one of the few who chooses to be positive... THANKS Wild Card for an amazing game! I look forward to the future of Ark!

Edited by allmightywizard
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 4

3 hours ago, allmightywizard said:

Gram w Arkę odkąd wyszła. Grałem na Xboksie, PC i PlayStation. Zarejestrowałem dosłownie tysiące godzin. Muszę powiedzieć i jestem pewien, że większość ludzi w tej społeczności zgodzi się z tym, że jest to jedna z najlepszych gier, jakie kiedykolwiek powstały. Zrezygnowałem, a potem wracam. Znów rezygnuję, a potem wracam. Wiesz dlaczego? Bo nie ma czegoś takiego jak ta gra. Wszystkie inne gry survivalowe bledną w porównaniu. Dlaczego Arka przetrwała tak długo? Ponieważ jest to dobra gra, ale także Wild Card ciężko pracowało, aby ją ulepszyć i przez lata dawało nam dodatkową zawartość. Nie grałem w żadną inną serię ani nie grałem w inną grę z trwałą mocą tej gry. Myślę, że ludzie muszą się zrelaksować, zatrzymać i kontemplować dosłowne lata, w które graliśmy w tę grę. W tej społeczności jest tak wiele negatywności. Założę się, że 99,9% ludzi, którzy marudzą i narzekają, w końcu kupi ASA i Ark 2. Czy wiesz dlaczego? Ponieważ wiedzą, że to, co mówię, jest prawdą. Gdy zobaczą tę rozgrywkę w UE5, zmienią zdanie. Gdy zobaczą rozgrywkę Ark 2, będą podekscytowani. Dzieje się za każdym razem. Ale wciąż są ludzie, którzy nie byliby szczęśliwi, gdybyś zaoferował im milion dolców… będą się zastanawiać dlaczego i narzekać, że nie dałeś im 2 milionów. ASE to stara gra i wymaga aktualizacji. Jestem podekscytowany i ty też powinieneś. Myślę, że zdecydowanie osiągnęliśmy wartość naszych pieniędzy i to samo dotyczy ASA i Ark 2. Czy Wild Card popełnił błędy? Jasne. Ale może powinniśmy okazać trochę łaski. Wiem, że będę jednym z nielicznych, którzy wybiorą pozytywne myślenie... DZIĘKI Wild Card za niesamowitą grę! Nie mogę się doczekać przyszłości Arki!

Probably masochists. Official servers are so tragic... 
If I have to pay for another product that is supposed to work the same way, 
I'll thank you. I bought this game as soon as it came out on steam.
Then I built a computer typically for ARK and the problem hasn't gone away at all. The servers are just terrible. I was on private for a while and there are no such problems. I may have enjoyed this ark2, but dark thoughts soon followed... :
1. Wildcard/snail games
2. Bugged/laggy servers/ server crashes every 30min
3. reporting a defect and its solution only and exclusively within the designated time of the support and only the time of the USA ... (+2/3weeks later)
4. Not listening to the community, making false promises etc.
5.  Chineses anywhere and hindering the game and no response from support/moderators (after all, official servers were to be supported not like old legacy servers. But I honestly don't see the difference.) And I'm not a racist, although routine moderator checks could be and cleaning/delete in the server, e.g. removing structures that block other players, e.g. the entrance to a cave (and there, for example, an artifact is needed)

The worst thing is the treatment of the player by the developers of the game. And you think they'll fix it? I don't think so. Their behavior has not changed for 4-5 years. In my opinion, the best times of the ark are Early Access to the DLC: Extintion period. and then it gets worse... Also, I don't want to go through the same thing just because they'll disingenuously apologize and offer the same poop but in a different prettier package... Community Crunch 355 has over 26 pages of feedback from players who haven't even commented before.. And what conclusions did they draw? None! They even did the opposite, making things worse. They can even recruit all of Hollywood and put them into the game as fictional characters, it won't change their perception of players anyway other than money. like Mr Crab from Spongebob (only money and money)

Sorry for the mistakes in English, I used a translator.

Edited by RidersOfNightmareDEJW

10 hours ago, donewithark said:

Grałem dziś rano około 45 minut i oto moje wrażenia:  

-Armia rexów dla jednego gracza (20) znika z aberacji jaskini Fjordur, którą wczoraj budowałem przez cały dzień.

-Oswojony Karkinos znika w tej samej jaskini.  

-Nie można zmienić kolorów na oficjalne, ponieważ 83 i 68 są uważane za wulgaryzmy.

-Wszystkie kody w kolorze białym powracają do koloru białego.

- Twardy reset, kiedy poszedłem do logowania, cofnął mnie o 15 minut.

- Zalogowałem się do moich oficjalnych baz, wiesz, na wypadek gdyby cały mój czas nie został zniszczony w sierpniu, jednak ktoś oszukał Gen2, serwer wyłączony 30 minut i teraz nie mogę zalogować się na inną postać/serwer.

Ostatnio na każdą godzinę, w którą gram w Arkę, zostaje 40 minut, a wraz z nadchodzącym czyszczeniem jestem wyczerpany. Wydawaj więcej pieniędzy na grę, która wciąż jest zepsuta!?!?!?! Zarówno tryb dla pojedynczego gracza, jak i oficjalna gra zawierają więcej błędów niż jakakolwiek inna obecnie dostępna gra. W końcu mogę być zmuszony skończyć z tobą WC; najgorsze wrażenia z najlepszej gry, jaką kiedykolwiek miałem. 

Edytuj: Nie zapomnij o WYCOFANIACH!! Za każdym razem, gdy serwer ulegnie awarii, zgadnij co, cofnij go o 20 minut! Transfery i oswajanie utracone bez możliwości odzyskania!

I feel exactly the same, and the best part is that if you spend 3h on eg. gen2 the server will crash 2 times during that time and will set your game progress back by a total of 2h. also you spent 3h with 1h progress in the game...
I don't even log in anymore, let it go away. I'm thinking of deleting the game from my computer..

On 4/8/2023 at 5:22 AM, Bruxse said:

Coming from the person who sat and cried about how hes never buying the remaster cause it had ark 2 in it and you wouldn't buy ark 2 unless it's first person...

Stand up bud, ur bias is showing.

I’m not really concerned about being biased, I’ve won and they have put out the package I want to buy.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

gameservers already removed ARK Survival Evolved from dedicated renting :|

Is the company pressing dedicated server hosts to remove the game? :|

Why would they do that, that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Anyway Gamerservers stopped selling ARK and reduced all their game servers to just these 10 games way back in November.

image.png

So lets not start creating conspiracy theories.

• Like 1