Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

Hola, quiero dirigirme a los creadores de este contenido con total y absoluto respeto, al igual que el que le tengo a este juego. Desde el día que se inauguró lo recibimos con mucha ilusión y al poco tiempo de jugarlo disfrutábamos de cada reto que se nos presentaba. Criar dinosaurios sin cryopod, que gran desafío fue ese, para llevar un dinosaurio a su 100% de efectividad teniamos que trabajar muy duro pero eso lo hizo atractivo, el esfuerzo y la dedicación no se pueden describir con palabras aquí. Recibimos cada evolución con mucho cariño. Este juego es el único que conozco que exige de nosotros "sus socios económicos" gran responsabilidad, dedicación y pasión para continuar en él. Mantener nuestro progreso requería que mantuviéramos una base para no perder nuestras más queridas creaciones de dinosaurios. No hace falta decir cuánto tiempo lleva crear nuevas líneas de estadísticas, limpiar estadísticas innecesarias, domesticar dinosaurios de colores para hacer combinaciones. Son años y años de pasión. Como petición personal les pido que encuentre la manera de que renunciemos a todo nuestro trabajo porque queremos abrazar la nueva entrega de ARK 2, no nos despoje de nuestra pasión con la intención de que nos veamos obligados a cambiar. Entiendo que se necesitan nuevas formas de ingresos pero en la forma que lo estáis llevando a cabo nos sentimos despreciados y no respeta is algo tan valioso como es (el tiempo) no hay nada en la vida más cotizado, eso no se compra ni se vende. No volveremos a caer en la responsabilidad de mantener nuestras creaciones sabiendo que algún día nos las arrebatarás. Con gran aprecio por Wild Card y ARK 💝

3 men sitting in a bar playing a game of Fan-Tan. A kid runs in and says " The world is ending, the world is ending"

The first guy says "I'm going to the temple to pray."

The second says "I'm going to get a bottle of mezcal and 6 prostitutes."

The 3rd guy says, "I'm going to finish the game."

Just thought this belonged here.

4 months left. Best of luck official survivors!  

• Haha 1

Heres an idea Wildcard. Hows about - no. You aint havign more of my money I've paid full whack for the game and every single expansion. I aint paying again. Keep your ue5. Killing the old game is just a greedy cash grab from a failing publisher with no other games bringing in any money, well guess what. We aint propping their dogpoop portfolio up. Go get bent.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ChillinVillain said:

3 men sitting in a bar playing a game of Fan-Tan. A kid runs in and says " The world is ending, the world is ending"

The first guy says "I'm going to the temple to pray."

The second says "I'm going to get a bottle of mezcal and 6 prostitutes."

The 3rd guy says, "I'm going to finish the game."

Just thought this belonged here.

4 months left. Best of luck official survivors!  

They just said that servers are coming down april 25 thats 3 weeks bro bro 

Last one for the devs and just to be clear, I'm a fan of the game, despite the BS that has come along with it over the years, the endless cheating left unchecked by lazy dev that just want my money. The money isn't the issue here. I have no problem to pay for the remaster. You killing the ASE servers at the launch makes it feel like the devs are pushing me into an upgrade that I wouldn't need if they weren't killing the servers for the sole purpouse of forcing people to upgrade if they want to play official. It must be a hard time to be published by snail. Sort it out wildcard, you can do better. When you piss on your customers shoes and tell them its raining they tend to bail out and stop giving you money....

12 hours ago, dgkforlife said:

pve is a joke. try fighting and defending and actually EARNING your way then having it all taken.

Newsflash...different people play games for different reasons and enjoy different things even if they play the same game. My experience is PVP is full of toxic bullies who stroke their ego and compensate for their real life insecurities by stomping on beginning or weaker players who have zero chance of fighting back. I don't need that kind of toxicity and stress so  I play PVE. I play the game because I enjoy designing bases and taming/breeding dinos. Ark is a stress relief for me. Also...it might have been PVP dominated at the beginning but the majority of the playerbase is now PVE.

Edited by margifish
  • Like 4

Dear Studio Wildcard, I love you,

After taking a scroll through these posts I've seen many examples of rude ungrateful and completely wrong comments.

As you are aware many of these people commenting illogically/negatively are your enemies (even if they can't comprehend it), they can't comprehend the amount of love, care, hard work and support you have freely given them through the years and even now.

If us players had to pay you for all of the FREE content you've given us over the years, we'd be down atleast $500 a player! I've been playing for 5 years, I feel like I owe you money.

Even with all of the glitches and a couple corrupted saves/remade worlds, Ark: Survival Evolved is one of the best video games ever made. I play self-dedicated with my younger brother.

Your game has helped bring me great joy over the years, I thank God for you. Your company is filled with and run by Incredibly dedicated and brilliant individuals.

I was excited for the offer of $50 for Survival Ascended and Ark 2. But this new deal is even better! you added all of the DLC almost for free. With your kindness, whatever deal you offer will be more than we deserve value-wise.

I can confadently say that Studio Wildcard is one of my favorite  companies period!

All that you're doing sounds amazing, you've made tremendous improvements. The new AI + interactive foliage + new physics + updated art + ray tracing+ UE5 will be wild! I can hardly wait for gameplay footage!

DLSS hardware AI anti-aliasing will be amazing, a lot of people seem too confused to recognize that UE5's temporal anti-aliasing is better than (or equal to) FSR's version of the same technology.

I believe that the game will look and feel amazing to play(like the original! I hope that one day the Ark game franchise is bigger and more profitable than Fortnite!

A lot of players are anticipating your studio's next decisions with excitement, gratitude and dedication. We plan to be with you until even after you have dethroned games like Minecraft,l and Fortnite.

You had humble beginnings, no one knew you. But through your years of hard work beyond what we could have imagined years ago, you have earned my/our dedication. From my heart I thank you all.

P.S. In my humble opinion, the ungrateful commenters don't deserve/haven't earned anything from you. They won't be with you when you stand in the #1 spot of all games.

It would be great if you banned the disrespectful people and deleted their evil comments. You've already invested enough painstaking energy trying to explain things to them in a way that they will understand. But they refuse to listen.

Cut them off, for your own mental well-being, please. If they hate how awesome Survival Ascended sounds then they won't have to buy it.

Problem solved. I will buy it, many more will buy it than the numbers who leave. You're about to have a ton of new players.

For your own happiness, cut off these hateful people who think you owe them something. They speak like you are their slaves. You owe them nothing.

They can play something else, let them play something they deserve. Replace them with more grateful people, please. God Loves you, I love you. Thank you.

• Facepalm 5

Genuine questions;

How hard would it be to import our characters from official servers to the new ASA servers?

How hard would it be to import our characters with full inventory from Official servers to the new ASA servers?

How hard would it be to just 'plug in' ASA servers to the official A:SE server network to allow us to transfer over items for a limited time?

Is it a 'fresh start' because Wildcard want it to be, and refuse to even consider options, or because it genuinely isn't possible?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Most of the player base plays PvE

Most of them probably think PvP is a joke. Doesn't make for much of a conversation does it.

I play PVE official but to each their own. Both sides have put many many hours into farming, breeding, perfecting and developing their characters. Both sides time is valuable.

27 minutes ago, DreadMaverick said:

After taking a scroll through these posts I've seen many examples of rude ungrateful and completely wrong comments.

As you are aware many of these people commenting illogically/negatively are your enemies (even if they can't comprehend it), they can't comprehend the amount of love, care, hard work and support you have freely given them through the years and even now.

If us players had to pay you for all of the FREE content you've given us over the years, we'd be down atleast $500 a player! I've been playing for 5 years, I feel like I owe you money.

Even with all of the glitches and a couple corrupted saves/remade worlds, Ark: Survival Evolved is one of the best video games ever made. I play self-dedicated with my younger brother.

Your game has helped bring me great joy over the years, I thank God for you. Your company is filled with and run by Incredibly dedicated and brilliant individuals.

I was excited for the offer of $50 for Survival Ascended and Ark 2. But this new deal is even better! you added all of the DLC almost for free. With your kindness, whatever deal you offer will be more than we deserve value-wise.

I can confadently say that Studio Wildcard is one of my favorite  companies period!

All that you're doing sounds amazing, you've made tremendous improvements. The new AI + interactive foliage + new physics + updated art + ray tracing+ UE5 will be wild! I can hardly wait for gameplay footage!

DLSS hardware AI anti-aliasing will be amazing, a lot of people seem too confused to recognize that UE5's temporal anti-aliasing is better than (or equal to) FSR's version of the same technology.

I believe that the game will look and feel amazing to play(like the original! I hope that one day the Ark game franchise is bigger and more profitable than Fortnite!

A lot of players are anticipating your studio's next decisions with excitement, gratitude and dedication. We plan to be with you until even after you have dethroned games like Minecraft,l and Fortnite.

You had humble beginnings, no one knew you. But through your years of hard work beyond what we could have imagined years ago, you have earned my/our dedication. From my heart I thank you all.

P.S. In my humble opinion, the ungrateful commenters don't deserve/haven't earned anything from you. They won't be with you when you stand in the #1 spot of all games.

It would be great if you banned the disrespectful people and deleted their evil comments. You've already invested enough painstaking energy trying to explain things to them in a way that they will understand. But they refuse to listen.

Cut them off, for your own mental well-being, please. If they hate how awesome Survival Ascended sounds then they won't have to buy it.

Problem solved. I will buy it, many more will buy it than the numbers who leave. You're about to have a ton of new players.

For your own happiness, cut off these hateful people who think you owe them something. They speak like you are their slaves. You owe them nothing.

They can play something else, let them play something they deserve. Replace them with more grateful people, please. God Loves you, I love you. Thank you.

new user- first post- I don't believe you at all. Most of us aren't hateful or ungrateful and where is the tons of free content?  ohhh you mean the reskinned repurposed dinos we've gotten over the years and a few skins?

Oh wait you mean the free maps? that other people made as mods and were able to become official? .. yeah they didn't make them they just appropriated them.

You do not speak for me, or many that I know. You sound like a poorly written form letter for a paid advertisement.

Have a great day 😁

Edited by Sativa420
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, DreadMaverick said:

signed Yours truly,

mama

PS: Don't for get to pick up the system crash and the bag of "lag" for your game tomorrow

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DreadMaverick said:

holy cow so the people who have opinions are now 'evil' roflmao another joined an hour ago 1 post bot wonder .... my dear fellow ARK lover i can - without a doubt say one thing - ark will not dethrone fortnite or minecraft - both of which have had nice gfx upgrades for free due to the in-game purchases u can make which keep the game rolling.

Also YES I can hardly wait for some awesome gameplay footage too! showcaseing ALL these new bits .....

I love how you guys have taken the time to digest what your loyal customers/subscribers have posted, yet you still avoided one of the biggest gripes of the '' minority'' of us official server players. Which personally I dont agree with but maybe that is the case, Why there would be more people paying out of their pockets monthly for servers to host this game that should have been fixed years ago is beyond me, but hey maybe they only play on one server at a time, or they are all doctors, who knows, because i have personally looked into server pricing after this bombshell you have dropped on us all, and to rent at least enough servers to cover the maps i use, that is like about 100 dollars a month for 7 servers @ 10 slots per server. Now if i can find 10 people to agree on those 10 servers that works out to 10.00 a month which would be affordable yes, but finding 10 people who would want to be able to use all those servers, no more, no less is another thing, but we will see. Anyway, we all know you guys are looking to free up money and resources, for the upcoming, which I can understand, but why cant you just make the servers that are official a subscription based fee to keep the servers running, you stated it takes to much time for your techs to keep them updated and what not, but if you charged a fee per month us to stay on out present servers of say 10 or 20 per month and keep them official so we could all keep doing what we are doing, some of us are still working on end content, and personally don't want to start from scratch, which i know is what going to happen to my current gen2 mission progression once all this happens it will be wiped back to 0 for the second time for no reason at all. I personally would like to get alpha rockwell, and alpha fenrir done before this all comes forth, but i am waiting on a friend to do alpha fenrir with but she had to move out of ukraine due to the war, and currently has no internet which may the case with god knows how many people when you guys send out the save files, and they will lose everything they have ever had due to not having internet because they are living in a public community setting which does not allow it. Anywho , if you made the official servers a paid subscription as stated above, you could make enough money to 1) hire more people for upkeep or designing or troubleshooting etc etc etc, as well as make more money to buy more servers to host all that you would have to offer. Not everyone in the world today ahs top gaming machines to be able to even play your U5 Ark 2, so Ark 1 would still be an option to those people, that you could bring in as subscribers paying members. Why would you want to turn people away? I'm sure if you would take a vote you would see I'm right here. I know everyone i have talked to so far about all of this and there has been at least 30 different people, granted not a lot compared to your current list of people who play... but here is what i got out of those 30..... 27 of us are done and moving onto other games if you sunset ARK 1. the remaining 3 only 1 has absolute plans to go unofficial and she is a discord server owner doing this to keep all she has, the other 2 may or may not go unofficial, depending on if they can find enough people to all agree on maps and other factors and being able to pay the fee monthly without any issues, and only 1 of those may or may not spend the whatever the price is now for ark upgrade, and ark 2, but not until gen 2 map comes open, because until that point its not going to be worth grinding things with standard tamed dinos that are so under powered compared to what we are used to especially at the levels we will be compared to where we are now.

9 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

holy cow so the people who have opinions are now 'evil' roflmao another joined an hour ago 1 post bot wonder .... my dear fellow ARK lover i can - without a doubt say one thing - ark will not dethrone fortnite or minecraft - both of which have had nice gfx upgrades for free due to the in-game purchases u can make which keep the game rolling.

Also YES I can hardly wait for some awesome gameplay footage too! showcaseing ALL these new bits .....

Hi, I want micro transactions for cosmetics in ark. They deserve it. They can use the micro transactions for the appearance of weapons/saddles/other items, etc. 

Over the years I've spend over $1000 on Fortnite. Studio Wildcard was too humble and caring in the past to charge for the dinosaurs and gameplay improvements/updates and map fixes they have poured into Survival Evolved.

I've only spent like less than $100 on Survival Evolved over the years. I wish they could use a time machine and go back and get an extra $400 from me and everyone else.

This game hasn't been perfect over the years, but they kept improving it. Also, it is a lot  easier to run now with the optimizations available.

The future looks bright for them.

I joined because some negative/misinformed comments were very hurtful for me (as a player who loves this company) to read.

Ascended is going to be great! They have changed the video game industry's survival genre forever. They have shown great dedication and love in fixing/updating the game and supporting the community.

As engineers and artists, they have learned so much along the way. I hope they can do the same thing again (they mentioned "new DLC"), but we know that this time everything will be dramatically improved.

• Facepalm 6