Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

Still not ammused about the cost but a lot less annoyyed with it now that they are bundled. Also, if a lot of bugs from Ark 1 is fixed I may even get the new version if enough is added that makes it worthwile, not just mostly visual changes, though don't get your hopes up, I'm still hella salty with yall.

Edit. Also not ammused at the timeline, 2 years before I can play the maps I like but while annoying I can deal with that a lot more then some other things.

Edited by TheTwistedKeeper

Many Different Points.

My Personal Point is, i dont want all that work again. The Bossfights was Horrorable for me, i want Taming, Breeding and Farming.

I have two Chars lvl 195 and 185 with all Engrams and over 16100 Hours Ark.

Give me an Option to Tranfer my Chars with an Full Inventory of Blueprints, Cryopods and Stuff and i am Happy.

If the Snail want Money, he can get it from me.

Edited by ArminPlugin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

So, things still suck, basically. Officials are still closing, And I'm still leaving ARK once that happens. At least I'll have plenty of space freed after that for other games.

This is how I’m feeling as well. I’ve dedicated way too much of my life to this game. I suppose this gives me the kick in the pants to finally give it up.

The Easter event is worthless to me now knowing everything I worked for will be gone in a couple months time so who cares?

I’m seeing a TON of tribes leaving my various servers in droves already who must feel the same way. Why keep playing when it’s going away?

This is a bigger problem then they are willing to admit and the player base will dwindle because of it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Imagine having to only play Island and Scorched earth again and starting over under the assumption it will be so much better because its new technology.  ITS THE SAME DEVELOPERS.  How are you going to go from playing with 10 + maps back to only 2 AND restarting knowing full well that they will kill all the servers again when Ark 2 comes out.

It would have been so much better if you would just continue to refine and fix bugs on the current game than to try and re-release it when you haven't even perfected the current product.  I literally crash every single survival of the fittest game I play on console and you can blame the tech all you want but that is a bold faced excuse to not troubleshoot and solve the problems.

You guys are completely misreading the information.

ASE Officials representing the minority of players on ARK

The reason for this is because YOUR GAME DOESN'T WORK RIGHT.  You cant even staff enough moderators to fix issues and even if you did it still doesn't feel right to have to use admin commands to correct crap glitches.  You guys need some training on User Experience Metrics and stop looking at basic player metrics as if you have a grasp on them.  Official servers were full of life when the game released but over time it created such a negative experience between DDOS attacks and lack of proper admins that people just took matters into their own hands and started unofficial servers just to even be able to play the game, and you want us to pay for a full-priced re-release of the same game after we have already dumped thousands of dollars just running the nitrado servers?  And you want us to give up all that progress and time too? 

I hope everyone here has enough sense to just not buy this new game.  Wild Card you are not going to get away with this and someone is going to find a way to emulate this game now that you have shown your hand.  I can't wait until they do so I can get my saves from nitrado and host my own servers on a version of the game that some ambitious young talent have made 5x cleaner.

It is actually hilarious too because you guys claim that you will continue support for ASE for bug fixes and crash fixes only, but apparently that is going to take all of your development resources because here we are as you say 8 years later and the game still doesn't work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alanichimaru said:

ustedes no lo entienden en absoluto. si quieres escuchar a tu base de jugadores entonces escucha esto 

https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers?source=rawlink&utm_source=rawlink&share=48ba756b-054a-4d72-b7d6-c2233f9aab4e&fbclid=IwAR3ysnu-xXsQxsIPuvwT0ALvYobX6K0Gw9nzMbSFVLk66A60TiYGco8UlFc

más de 5k de tus jugadores quieren salvar los servidores oficiales. el otro problema tampoco es el precio, es el hecho de que uno de sus directores ejecutivos dijo una cosa y ahora están dando marcha atrás. sin siquiera abordar lo dicho. 

también aborde la puesta de sol, ¿qué quiere decir con puesta de sol? ¿Nuestros dinos y bases van a permanecer en un solo jugador y no oficiales? nuestros caracteres se van a transferir. ¿Qué pasa con las tribus? ¿Solo el dueño de la tribu obtendrá el save y las bases y los dinosaurios? aborde estos por favor antes de seguir adelante con la puesta del sol.

+1  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i  want know the backup save and all details. from leader of tribu or what.... why we have more maps but 1 is us main we are 2 players, :( 

Ditching the bundle is a good move, as selling players a game they haven't seen without the ability to refund it was a horrible idea.  Only issue now is that the change actually increases the costs for existing players who already own all DLC.

Please consider a discounted upgrade to ASA for exisiting complete content owners. If players who already own ASE+DLCs could get ASA for 30/40 bucks, and then Ark 2 for 60/70 then the overall costs would be similar to the bundle but more consumer friendly.

• Like 1

Ark community: complains about broken game for 8 years. 

Also Ark community: complains when developer offers a fix to broken game and talks developer out of a 2for1 package on the sequel. 

WC can't win for losing with some people. Was it scummy to offer an upgraded version of Ark with the option to buy dlcs again? Sure, maybe. Was it a pretty good compromise to offer that and also basically hand out free copies of Ark 2 to anyone who bought what people have been crying about for years? Absolutely. Official is closing down. Get over yourselves and enjoy the time you have left. Every game has an eventual sunset period, and it's wild to me that gamers don't already expect that when they get invested in a game like Ark on an official server. I, for one, planned on buying the ASA bundle and leaving the DLCs off. Something to bridge the gap and "retire" my progress on ASE before Ark 2 came out. Kinda disappointed that the community has talked WC out of beta access and pre-ordered copy of Ark 2. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, darkradeon said:

Lmao, you don't get it: price is the last and minor issue. Getting payid for work is legit thing (if price is legit tooI). The main issues are others.

Official shutdown

Total official shutdown is like forcing users to buy the game, despite ASE still selling good and getting new players activation daily.
This also kills owners of old gen consoles that cannot even download and keep the server saves.
You NEVER cared about server status: never a server review after 2019 with the partial shutdown of legacy. You opened always new servers even for unplayed maps. And now you are telling those resources are all needed for a game that still doesn't exists even on preorder and that will face 1-2 maps only at begin? This is a mockery.

FIX: Keep Official alive until it is played. Do a server review, do it seriously, say what server have to close for being un-played, allowing people to move giving a decent amount of time. Do this review every 6-9-12 months until really those servers are all unpopulated and you decide to shutdown ASE. And please note that a lot of official players quitted now for your previous disastrous community crunch.

Overwolf

Overwolf is a piece of crapware slowing down system, eating resources. Paid mods will kill unofficial with players having to pay both slots and mods. Instead, mod.io initial choice was far better choice.

FIX: Toss off overwolf and go back to mod.io.

Multiplatform

Multiplatform is just a sex toy for monkey streamers to get more viewers: it will only add tons of issues about cheating, account login issues, patch deployment issues (pc vs consoles certification process). This also put a dark shadows against unofficial and dedicated server runtimes: microsoft and sony don't like non-nda users dealing with their account and login platforms. You tried it with SOTF and didn't work (pad vs mouse&keyboard).

FIX: Toss off multiplatform. It didn’t work with SOTF (mouse vs keyboard) and brings only deployment issues. Nobody really cares nor asked about this. Or if you really wanna do it, don't put it as default choice and on official servers.

Your behaviour toward community

You totally lack of any real sign of respect towards your community: lies, mocking, total silence hoping people will forget
Now you say you changed again idea about your economical future econmical income? All these are proofs you aren't serious on your work and intentions.
You are even able to sincerely ask sorry for those that will lose years of supporting your game. All this "we al learning" agile poop paradigm is just the iceberg peak of your total fail on this.
ARK Survival Evolved is sold as an mmo, at least on Steam. In a mmo there are 2 really important aspect a developer must consider: servers review and community respect. For 7 years you clearly totally showed you do not care about these 2 things.

FIX: Ask sorry. Really and sincerely. And stop using players as beta tester. Provide beta releases and servers for that.

I wondered  Can we take legal action?  It makes no sense to pay for something we already paid for Not counting the time we have invested. And that tomorrow they decide to throw all our effort and time into the trash

4 minutes ago, Nexas888 said:

complains when developer offers a fix to broken game and talks developer out of a 2for1 package on the sequel. 

Paying for an added product we know next to nothing about with the few things that are known being largely disliked is beyond foolish. Why pad their sale numbers on a product we haven't even seen in action?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leosaurus said:

Wait, I still don't understand, if i already have Ark and I decided to buy Ark Survival Ascended can my save files be transferred to Ascended or do I start from zero as if I was buying ark again

Interestingly enough, while they are now saying it will not be transferable, judging by Jeremy's earlier tweet, I'm guessing it will still be possible to transfer over files from game to game by copying-and-pasting (although only for unofficial) unless they purposely screw the game up to prevent it.

3 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Paying for an added product we know next to nothing about with the few things that are known being largely disliked is beyond foolish. Why pad their sale numbers on a product we haven't even seen in action?

Because some of us are willing to give the sequel a shot regardless, and it comes with a fix that's been begged for for years by the entire community. Is there a downside? Sure. Is there a definite upside? Heck yeah there was. 

Thank you for re-addressing this topic.

I am still divided, it took me an incredible amount of time to build up my Rexes, resources and days trying to get saddle blueprints, for bosses that frankly aren't really fun and have absurd level of damage sponge, but still necessary for a complete and fun Tek experience. The bosses themselves are epic looking however, just wish the battles would be better/ more fun. Making a shift like this, to a reset, now that I am older and have less time available due to my obligations is rough. As I type this, I rather just play something else which is not as grindy, I need time, maybe its time for a new generation of Ark Survivors and for me to move on.

To acknowledge, considering the situation as is, this move to separate Ark 2 from the rest and offer the content in a single package makes more sense now. I want to recognize this as a positive move, I see the 10 USD increase there, but the offer, at least for potential new players, is better now and feels complete.

One thing caught my attention here, if you can pull this off it would be something to consider:

"We want to provide you with an evergreen classic ARK experience, one that can continue to grow over time on a cleaned-up code base, making use of the new technological advancements"

Emphasis on "on a cleaned-up code base". I know how much this hurts Ark today. Each feature listed is interesting as a premise, but cleaning up the code seems like something that would help Ark for sure by itself.

I will observe, as I always do. As said by the Wildcard team, I won't take words, they aren't worth much nowadays from most people, not just Wildcard, everyone, talk is cheap after all. I want to see the actions and I shall judge people on them, let's see how you deliver, make me interested.

Good luck, may you have success in this endeavour, be it with me or without.