Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

Honestly, you've lost the good will and trust of a lot of players. For me the issue is losing my stuff on official, that I can play with masses of people, I'm frankly not too keen on having to keep it as a save file like some kind of keepsake (much like my first ever moshchops Moshi who still lives in my base).

The price is definitely more reasonable now but again, with some major (and not to be nasty but more trusted developers) releasing major games this year I just can't see myself restarting this journey. if you can screw us over this many times I have a hard job believing you won't do it again.

Overall not too sure how to react. The backing down from the overzealous ideas you had is definitely welcome, and I guess short of blood we can't expect much more, but to have us all looking forward to seeing our stuff all pretty in UE5 then adding some crappy Overwolf bloatware (PS and PC user here, I know overwolf well), some QOL fixes and saying we gotta do the lot again still sits bad with me.

Il probably just play Armored Core 6 instead to be fair. Atleast Fromsoft can be trusted.

Edited by Eskwyre
  • Thanks 2

Hello, thanks for all your work.
 I am a fan of ark I just want to thank you for all the work you are doing
 I also want to say that I play ark with ps4 now I have to buy ps5 or Xbox which is worth money also I have to buy ASA game is a lot the truth I see with 50 dollars all game plus ark2 is fine but everything also if you want to sell a dlc that is new dlc and thank you very much for all the work you are doing Soukir

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

This price point isn't great but it's better than before and at least more reasonable, people need to remember that ASA isn't just an upgrade anymore but a remaster. No decent remaster and definitive edition (which is what ASA should've been from the start) is gonna be free, especially with all current dlc included.

1 hour ago, Allanballan said:

How is your math man. This deal is better overall as all the DLCs is included for the price. No remaster has ever been free. All other companies charge so why should Studio Wildcard not? I could not care less about the price tbh because I love this game and would pay 500$ if they had asked.

Satisfactory is updating to UE5 in the next weeks.....for free....

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

They heard us and took into account what we said and there are still people complaining, thats absolutly insane. At this point nothing will be good enough. Its so selfish that people are wanting this game to b free, like how do you expect them to make the game we love if they get no profit from the game. the $10 is for ASA and ALL of the exspansions. 

• Thanks 1

I did say the entire game with DLC shouldn’t be over $60 so I’m actually happy you went with that price. However the game really does have to release on schedule, or have complete transparency on why something’s not, if we are paying up front for it.

The character creation improvements were needed also but you definitely have to TLC the Legacy Dinos and improve a lot of how the game runs beyond just adding new content (which is needed also) to really be worth paying for again.

Make the game ARK should have been originally if you are really going to go through with this or I guarantee, most of us will walk.

I've got 6k hours on Official Legacy and I'm GLAD they are closing the servers down and making them available for download. After 5 years of making sure my stuff is fed/rendered once a week it's gotten rather tiresome. 

I'm an over the road truck driver and use my cell phone data to play. There are times when I get stuck in BFE parts of the US for days at a time waiting for loads. Several times over the years I've lost good chunks of my progress to decay. So to finally get a current save and change settings to never lose my stuff like that is a godsend.

I cannot for one second believe the people who bought the game 8 years ago and even 1 year ago seriously believe official servers would exist 'forever'. That's insane. 

I will be buying both ASA & ARK2.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, DragonXKS2 said:

I've got 6k hours on Official Legacy and I'm GLAD they are closing the servers down and making them available for download. After 5 years of making sure my stuff is fed/rendered once a week it's gotten rather tiresome. 

I'm an over the road truck driver and use my cell phone data to play. There are times when I get stuck in BFE parts of the US for days at a time waiting for loads. Several times over the years I've lost good chunks of my progress to decay. So to finally get a current save and change settings to never lose my stuff like that is a godsend.

I cannot for one second believe the people who bought the game 8 years ago and even 1 year ago seriously believe official servers would exist 'forever'. That's insane. 

I will be buying both ASA & ARK2.

Speaking of, I really hope there are some changes to decay in ASA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaiusMarcellusNerva said:

The greater transparency is appreciated but you're deliberately missing the point: the amount you're asking for ASA is not the issue, the fact that there is a price at all, is. Players that own ASE should get ASA for free. We have already paid for the game once, just because you've decided to rename the much necessary update does not give you the right to charge for it again.

Agreed. We didn't ask for a revival of ASE. We just want to keep playing the game until we get bored (and some are also waiting for ark 2). They even made it a point to say that a 'minority' of players play official ASE. Why would they feel the need to express this?

ASA honestly feels like a horrible attempt at a money grab. What's worse is they knew this would happen.. Who releases an "upgraded" version of the same game with a sequel on the way? Either the devs are in fact complete morons, or they've been holding this in their back pockets for years. There was zero transparency. 

If we think about it a little longer, maybe this ASA isn't so bad, let's see what the alternative could be - It could be that WC announces the complete end of Ark 1, and the lack of any work on Ark 1.

We know little about Ark 2, it is not known whether it will be playable at all, whether it will be our Ark, whether we will like it. If we will like different view of person...

ASA, on the other hand, is our good old ARK. Same system, back to the good old maps like Aberration. Can you imagine what Aberration blue biome or Rock Drake trench in radiation will look like in UE5?

Price.. it's still cheaper than Diablo 4. Of the two I choose ARK.

I can almost forgive the ASA thing for bundling the dlc and removing A2, but let's not pretend that this is some little oopsie and you just misjudged things while having good intentions. You people know full-well that it was about being able to fudge sale numbers and you would have let it ride if a majority of the community hadn't come down on you like a hammer. Call me jaded but hiking up the price by ten dollars just smacks of trying to squeeze out an extra penny since the original plan fell flat. While I'm happy for players that actually have the ability and interest to get ASA, the new creature vote really doesn't excite me this time around either seeing as it's something that not everyone will get to enjoy unless we've all been good little consumers and shelled out cash, be it for a new console, the game itself, or both.  

The sensible thing would've been to make it something to release for both parties, if only to act as a balm to soothe tempers and remind everyone that this is a community. This just turns it into a case of the haves and have nots. I suppose if nothing else I'll give you lot credit for not meeting my abysmally low expectations and making rhynio exclusive to ASA.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

You guys are great!

Wild Card you know I have always supported you, and I always will. I think it's amazing that you even choose to share this very legitimate and logical path & plan. Many game companies do not.

I personally wouldn't. 😈

You guys just remember for every hater and toxic post, you have a dozen people who are happily playing!

Also WILD BABIES! HYPE!!! 😍🤩😍

Spiritpawesome 

57 minutes ago, SKULLxQAQxSKULL said:

Ok im going to make it very clear what we want:

1. We want free upgrade to ASA for current owners of ark survival evolved.

And

2. We want to be able to transfer our current ark survival evolved official characters, tames and items to the new ASA offical servers.

And

3. Continued support of pve servers in order to innact point 2.

1. "I want everything for free and if i dont get it i am angry... i totally ignore that working on this game costs money... but hey not my money... their money... and if they want money from me then for the work and servers i play on... no thanks".

2. "Many of the changes we’re making in ARK: Survival Ascended will touch a lot of aspects of the game; it’ll invalidate save data, some mods may not be functional, some things may not play the same way as they did before, and we didn’t want to change that experience for those who prefer it or are unable to upgrade."

3. see point #1.

Its CLEAR what YOU want. You made it clear... you want everything for free... for years... 👎

• Facepalm 1

Wild card we do appreciate you guys and your response and yes so many questions …

Again balance the maps (meaning on some maps people don’t populate due to resources like element amounts so balance it out)

make Dino’s available to be podded and unpodded instead of yard gnomes eg… as in the ice golems from val

we don’t need a Dino guys ;;;; hear me out…

but we do need HLNA on the maps to help (if hexagon is available for resources wilds stats and warnings.  Create in her a premium side for consumables and craft items in micro transactions) say a mek bp on sale this month color and stats blah blah blah 100bones or equivalent of 1.99… 5000 players take interest… come on you get it

(make packages in store for in game currency) this is far more needed!!! 

and for the boons can we get it across the servers for all servers have options in obs or mission style pads so the maps and survivors can control there multiplier percentages then you don’t have to … lock pads options as needed… 

jeremy hang in there …. Boss fight !

can someone confirm and detail me, 
how will be the saving / backup of all your base, 
tell us, materials etc... the detail to prepare me to do everythingto the same "map" server as you can download it,
 to the local host only once or as many times
 as you want in case you uninstall and come back?
Edited by lJFAQl

Hey Wildcard, look i dont wanna sound negative, but I think you guys really need to see if we can at least bring our characters across to ASA maybe along with our dinos. Could it work if we left our structures behind and maybe could bring compatiable things across? Have you guys exhausted these options out? Please oh please ❤️ it mean the world to me and for others. You probably will see alot of players also buy the ASA too. More then what it could be now. Please exhaust all options -fingers crossed- Im sure the new games gonna look great. However it makes me feel a bit exhausted thinking of starting over. I wanna see the ASA but I dont feel the need to buy it if we aren't gonna be able to keep our progress. The main thing for me is the dinosaurs that have good breeding stat lines. I couldn't care less about the buildings. I can always build up. If you could allow us to bring everything in cryos and with our cryofridges. That be insanely really awesome. 

take care and happy easter. 

• Like 1