Community Crunch 356: ARK Roadmap Update, Rhyniognatha Concept, and More!

StudioWildcard

6 minutes ago, PaleoGamer said:

Still no migration plan? I have "only" about 1200 hours invested on SE - but there are people with tens of thousands of hours, and a good part of them breeding!

Why not a "one way, single time" migration? Even if the bases were left behind (snap points been upgraded and all), the tames (and gear) surely could be imported. A one time, one way, format filter for tames/gear shouldn't be that hard.

Heartbeat and respiration almost drive them into overload. that mitigation thing might kill then instantaneously.

• Like 1

I respect this move. I'm looking forward to ASA as long as y'all don't raptor it up. As cheap as I got ASE back in the day and the hours I put into it I can definitively say I got my money's worth. Official is crap now a days anyway so I'm ready for a fresh start and if you guys really make it as good as you make it sound ASA will be worth the 60.00 since I'm hoping you'll keep this one alive concurrently with the ark 2 servers so we can enjoy it for at least another 8 years even if I decide not to buy ark 2. I wouldn't mind it being even cheaper but this felt like a genuine explanation of things which is all I really wanted. I forgive you temporarily but I still dont apologize for all the smack I've been talking on twitter 🤣

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This pretty much good news and finally an explanation.

This is all what people wanted, more information what do they get. Hard to imagine buying ARK Ascended and ARK2 in ARK Respawned Bundle where you didn't even see how any of those looks or exists yet. Its like buying NFTs.

I am all in for ARK in new coat of paint, this is all what people wanted a rewritten ARK1 on new engine with much more cleaned up code. It will run better, performance will be better, more complex stuff will be added.

Not sure now where is the hate towards Wildcard.

Some peeps need to understand that you can't simply upgrade older game into new game without breaking hundreds of stuffs on the way. If they could fix ARK1, it would be done ages ago, its not feasible without rewritting whole game.

I mean sheesh its been 7 years since i bought ARK.

60 dollars for a remaster is not that bad, meanwhile you get Skyrim or Last of Us every year with barely any changes. Last time i spend on ARK was Genesis season pass few years ago, and ARK1 in 2015.

• Like 4

Losing our progress and then paying to play the same game to start from zero again. I'm out. I'll be enjoying ASE until August and then byebye. At least  I hope the saves from the server shutdown work well, I'd like to have them but I'm not going to play single player.

Many of the changes we’re making in ARK: Survival Ascended will touch a lot of aspects of the game; it’ll invalidate save data

If I can migrate data from the 80s and 90s to 2020s technology in my job, you can do it with the saves too. They are not that old. But you don't want to do it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

So? We are still getting rid of official servers. Ark if ur looking at this comment everyone wants smalls to stay like we will pay 60$ for the game but we just want smalls. If u keep offical servers up i bet everyone will not care about spending money for a new and approved game. But just please keep official servers up and dont restart them 

• Like 3

So every DLC included but still at full game price. Noone wants Ark2 as noone has seen it. Noone wants to pay full price for ASA when they havent seen it. And explaining that you guys are using ASA to learn UE5 scares me. basically whoever buys ASA are guinnee pigs for you to learn how the engine your players have purchased into actually works.

Take a leaf out Of Funcom's book. Upgrade the game for free and add building packs which players can purchase which will fund your project. I'm sure enough Ark players would purchase building Packs As a vast majority love building bases etc.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

I respect this move. I'm looking forward to ASA as long as y'all don't raptor it up. As cheap as I got ASE back in the day and the hours I put into it I can definitively say I got my money's worth. Official is crap now a days anyway so I'm ready for a fresh start and if you guys really make it as good as you make it sound ASA will be worth the 60.00 since I'm hoping you'll keep this one alive concurrently with the ark 2 servers so we can enjoy it for at least another 8 years even if I decide not to buy ark 2. I wouldn't mind it being even cheaper but this felt like a genuine explanation of things which is all I really wanted. I forgive you temporarily but I still dont apologize for all the smack I've been talking on twitter 🤣

Ps servers arent bad thats just pc servers

Yeah, still not interested in buying the new version. IMO Official shutting down isn't the biggest issue, most people don't play Official anyway. What rubs me the wrong way is you're still releasing new creatures and maps to the remaster only. That still feels like you're trying to twist our arm, to FOMO to exploit your players, and mock those of us who supported you by buying all the OG content over the years. It just feels really, really crappy and hurts my trust in you guys as a company. So I won't buy the remaster, and I probably won't buy any more games from you... You've really hurt my trust, and many others as well.

But I don't want to just be negative, so I'll tell you how I would support you. Releasing new maps and creatures to the remaster only feels crappy like I said, and I absolutely will not support that. But if you release the new maps and creatures to both OG Ark AND the remaster, I'd still happily buy it. As much as this week has been a fiasco, I've been consistently pleased with the story expansions and felt they were at a generous price point. I'd admittedly buy another DLC in a heartbeat.

So why don't you release new maps and new creatures to the OG ark as well? That way you'll have two player bases and make double the $$. In fact, I think you'd make far more than double the $$ than if you only released them on the remaster, because most people I know aren't interested in buying the remaster anyway. And a big part of that is it still feels like you're realllllly trying to force us to buy it in a scummy way - again, by exploiting FOMO and releasing new content to the Ascended version only. Still feels like you're punishing us for buying your game and DLCs over the years, still feels like you're being nauseatingly manipulative in your attempts to market the new one.

I still feel wary about buying new games from you as a company and it'll probably take a loooooong time before I reconsider, but like I said, I've enjoyed Ark's expansions and would happily buy more OG-Ark content to support you.

But releasing them only on Ark Ascended feels crappy and exploitative to me, and likely many other people. And I can assure you that's a  poor business decision that would make you far less money than you could potentially make.

• Facepalm 1

"We weren’t trying to mislead you with earlier comments; our plans and overall intentions changed. So you're probably asking, why don’t we make these upgrades to the original ARK: Survival Evolved (ASE)? Frankly, it would not be viable. Many of the changes we’re making in ARK: Survival Ascended will touch a lot of aspects of the game; it’ll invalidate save data, some mods may not be functional, some things may not play the same way as they did before, and we didn’t want to change that experience for those who prefer it or are unable to upgrade." 

I call BS someone has already upgraded their game to UE5 and had NO ISSUES whatsoever, on their private server... 

So WC's train of thought or shall i say Snail games train of thought is ya lets screw over the majority of players and make them rebuy the game if they want to play on official servers.. Awesome job, i and many others will not be buying this load of dog sh*t your trying to sell. 

also i find it funny how other companies were able to upgrade their games to UE5 with no issues whatsoever and DID NOT make their player base "rebuy" their game, no loss of saved data, nothing destroyed in the game.  

Hmmm guess that 2.5 million wasn't enough from xbox? gotta still be greedy?  Just sayin people call it like they see it.

Edited by ShellB916
  • Like 2

Ok im going to make it very clear what we want:

1. We want free upgrade to ASA for current owners of ark survival evolved.

And

2. We want to be able to transfer our current ark survival evolved official characters, tames and items to the new ASA offical servers.

And

3. Continued support of pve servers in order to innact point 2.

Edited by SKULLxQAQxSKULL
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

While it breaks my heart to see almost 8 years of work disappear, it also brings some relief that my friends and I won't have to refresh multiple servers twice a week. That being said, if you're going to rerelease Ark with a new coat of paint, I hope you take the opportunity to fix some long-enduring issues, my two biggest concerns being:

1. Pillar spam. Please change how territory claiming works; it can be a single structure that gives you a set area that you're allowed to build inside, which can potentially be upgraded to allow more space and/or structures.

2. Fix the building from the ground up. Stackable foundations like those in S+ would be a great start.

We love this game and the community that you've helped to build. Please continue to make it the best it can be.

• Like 2

This wouldn't happen to do with the fact you guys stole the game and you guys settled in court is it?🤔

I mean if you get stuck paying him royalties it's now us as customers that gotta pay for you guys to rebuild the game in a different engine and platform so you no longer owe it to him

For anyone that reads this look into what I am talking about these devs need to wake up at this pointe the game is a dead horse being drug around like a rag doll and we are stuck at the end of the rope getting drug through the dirt with it.

I quit ark and have been off server now 2 months feels great to have a life again and don't see myself ever investing into a ark game again not purely cause you stole it but just cause the game honestly sucks now and it feels like you guys have been reaching past what the games intent was since gen 1 

With that I say good day 

Edited by Yeaboiikyle
  • Facepalm 1