About ASE and ASA

ORPHUNTER123

finally they are doing something about the toxic, pillared, and laggy official servers. I hope they DO NOT offer Official Servers for the remaster AEA later this year. 

As for paying again full price i think that still is a money grab on WC part. drop it to $40 for the bundle and include some WORKING and REAL improvements. 

Stop talking about Ark 2, WC looks foolish, it will never happen.  

There's a lot bad takes in this thread but yours is pretty bad op. The only that actually matters is the price. You've had 8 years to play to your hearts content on official servers. For a game with no active subscriptions or paid content excluding dlcs that Is a very long time. Not only to mention that they're shutting down the official servers, but they're giving you the maps if you want to play them solo, or have them dedicated and play with friends. You're losing absolutely nothing except the ability to play with random people on the same map you've been playing for so many years. That's it, nothing more. Hardly any of the player base even plays on official. There's more than a few reasons for that, whether you're playing pve or pvp you're better off on an unofficial server. In my opinion, a large majority of the players feel cheated mainly because of the pricing they're trying to pull. You did have a somewhat decent idea, regarding a battlepass of sorts for cosmetics/skin etc. They should use the formula that other games use as a source of income. Freely buy and sell cosmetics on the steam store, and have their own for sale. It would definitely increase revenue for them and serve as an outlet for players wanting to spruce things up and show individuality.

10 hours ago, MiniDrish said:

I am interested to know, will globally bans from ARK 1 and SoTF stay in Ark Survival Ascended?

Such players using hooks cause the game to become unstable during gameplay.  They absolutely deserve no sympathy or tolerance in the game.  And the worst part is that they also deceive themselves.  What's the fun in getting more from players and getting it illegally?  It would be nice if the banlist was moved to ASA and ARK2.  But we all see that Wild Card doesn't care about the players, it's about how to sell well: Something they call a remaster because it's not really a remaster. 

P.S. If I may ask, are you proud to use hooks?  Do you want a medal for that? And congratulations for asking such a question on the general forum 🤣. Unless your friends got banned and you use these hacks, you won't find me a gamer's respect like many other hard working people in the game.

Edited by Noffek

10 hours ago, Yggdrassil said:

and have that invalidate the refund policy so they are stuck with a worthless product they cant return.

Don't think that would be allowed under consumer protections in most countries.

They'd have to announce globally that the bans would carry before release; and for it to be acceptably documented that lack of knowledge before purchase wasn't a reasonable factor.

even so purchase of an item or service that you didn't have full utility of Is still protected in the UK(thank cyberpunk and no man's sky for the precedents)

16 hours ago, Castle117 said:

finally they are doing something about the toxic, pillared, and laggy official servers.

What?!? Where on earth do you get that idea? They're just taking down the ASE-UE4 official servers and bringing up the new ASA-UE5 official servers instead. Nothing else about the official server environment will be different, the basic game mechanics and daily operations will be exactly the same, they'll just be the UE5 servers instead.

16 hours ago, Castle117 said:

I hope they DO NOT offer Official Servers for the remaster AEA later this year.

Well you'd better hope harder because that's exactly what they're doing.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/7/2023 at 10:04 PM, Nungtor said:

Why you guys are all still here? You are only cashcows, face it. As i wrote somewhere long ago, use the power of a clever customer. You decide to buy or not. If you buy, you send also a signal to other companies. If no one going to buy, they will turn their mind within days..

PS: my last post here, logging out and never coming back. I dont support such behaviour.

According to your account you have logged back on since.  

#1 so glad they ain't forcing the ASA upgrade onto ASE, because I am unable to run anything directx12, so if they forced the upgrade into ASE, that would have been the end of ARK for me

#2 so glad they are wiping OFFICIAL servers. 100% of official servers are controlled by cheaters and exploiters, and some tribes even run black markets where they sell resources and dinos. it's just natural selection at work, cheaters always win in the long run especially in a game like this that has infinite potential for exploits.

less happy to hear that they stop fixing bugs on ASE but let's be honest it's been years I lost hope for a bug free game. there are still hundreds of major gameplay bugs in single player mode and they will never get fixed, not even by a community patch like skyrim (understandable seeing how the dev kit is a 600GB turd that no one in their right mind would consider downloading)

Edited by frenchiefries

6 hours ago, frenchiefries said:

#1 so glad they ain't forcing the ASA upgrade onto ASE, because I am unable to run anything directx12, so if they forced the upgrade into ASE, that would have been the end of ARK for me

If you're playing SP or on an unofficial server that's good for you. However it's bad for all of the people who like to play ARK-ASA on the official servers, since those will all be gone, there won't be ARK-ASE official servers anymore.

#2 so glad they are wiping OFFICIAL servers. 100% of official servers are controlled by cheaters and exploiters, and some tribes even run black markets where they sell resources and dinos. it's just natural selection at work, cheaters always win in the long run especially in a game like this that has infinite potential for exploits.

That's not going to change, all of those things will still exist.

WC isn't doing anything to change the ecosystem on the official servers. The official network for ASA is going to be exactly as bad as it was for ASE. The cheaters and exploiters will be playing ASA just like they played ASE. There will be a temporary improvement, since all of the old stuff will be gone, but very rapidly the cheaters and exploiters will find new cheats and exploits, then the servers will be just like they are now.

less happy to hear that they stop fixing bugs on ASE but let's be honest it's been years I lost hope for a bug free game. there are still hundreds of major gameplay bugs in single player mode and they will never get fixed, not even by a community patch like skyrim (understandable seeing how the dev kit is a 600GB turd that no one in their right mind would consider downloading)

That will also be exactly the same in ASA. They're bringing all of those bug with them as they import the game into UE5. Nothing's getting fixed. In fact there will be a bunch of new bugs that are caused by importing the game into UE5, some of which will be game breaking, and will have to be fixed before any of those old bugs you're talking about can be looked at.

The problem with bugs in ARK isn't because of the "600GB turd", it's because of the company culture created by their management. WC isn't going to magically become a different company in three months.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear  @StudioWildcard,

I'm sending you this message as a last resort for many of us.
I think i speak for all the people who had played this game since the beggining and want to continue playing but it's getting impossible with the decisions you are taking.
It's not easy to take decisions like those ones, especially for a game that is loved and have a great community, but listen to the players more cause they will be the future of Ark II and Ark: Ascended.
Please be careful about what you do with Ark II. Me and my friends built so many memories, so many good moments, moments that i will never forget and friends that are still on my life after all this year and if everything goes well, We will build a lot of good memories on the next Ark Games (I really hope) but we cannot forget the past and the present.
There is a decision that had worried us as a community, the Offial servers wipe and shutdown. For many of us that is destroying all the good moments, progress, beloved dinos and bases that have a great meaning in our lifes, all of this on a single second. We will wake up and years of progress will be gone forever... So many hours wasted for nothing.
I don't know for sure the reason for that wipe but i think it's because of server avaibility for both games and i understand that the resources aren't unlimited but there is always another solution. You could only shut down some of the nearly dead server, i know that would still cause problem and would be a little bit unfair for some players but it's for a greater cause and with that the remaining servers would have more players and it will create a competitive enviroment for everyone and especially the players (Survival of the fittest :3), this part is more of a personal opinion so of course there are many people that will not agree and i respect that and i think they should do the same i'm doing, writing a constructive opinion about what the game needs and what we want the future of the game to be. Devs and players should never be apart from each other cause they should be family, with all the respect of course.
Other thing that is concerning us is the price for the Ark: Ascended. I understand that Studio Wildcard as a Game Developer Enterprise needs money to continue further into future projects and mantain the ones currently but i think it's a little to much for a game that we already have.
I know that it will have new features, a graphics update, etc but it pretty much the same, so with that said i have a suggestion to make as a player of the Ark Community.
Make the upgrade from Ark: Survival Evolved to Ark: Ascended for the ones who already have the game and DLC's cheaper cause We already spent a lot of money for that content and the price you are asking for a "Remaster" and with no gameplay yet is a little bit to overwhelming. 
It will help the players that have the game to continue to play this game we all love and the players coming new to the game so they can have a better experience and see the beauty of a game that Ark is.

I think i have spoken for all Ark players (at least for most) so please Listen to us and let's build a beautiful game Together!!
As someone once said: " It's not about the Gold, It's about the Journey!"

With best regards,
The Ark Community.

Written by SSgiro.

Edited by SSgiro
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...