Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

15 hours ago, Noffek said:

Wildkard thinks he gave us the forum just for fun?  So that players can pour out their complaints and problems here?  This forum is your communication with the players so far 99% of it only works in one direction Player to Wild Card. 

I've kind of lost track about what this thread is about, since it has gone on so long.

But a quick response to your second point. Forums in one format or another have been around for years (maybe 40 years). Many of them are for users talking to other users of a product. It is a cheap way for people to get help, as some of the product's users are willing to help other users. All this essentially for free. Free to get help, free to provide it. Not sure what you don't get about that concept. This forum is no different than most. I like that ARK players can come here and discuss the game, but have no expectation that anyone at WC would answer any questions or join in the discussion. They have other ways of informing us, but this forum is not one of them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wildbill said:

I've kind of lost track about what this thread is about, since it has gone on so long.

But a quick response to your second point. Forums in one format or another have been around for years (maybe 40 years). Many of them are for users talking to other users of a product. It is a cheap way for people to get help, as some of the product's users are willing to help other users. All this essentially for free. Free to get help, free to provide it. Not sure what you don't get about that concept. This forum is no different than most. I like that ARK players can come here and discuss the game, but have no expectation that anyone at WC would answer any questions or join in the discussion. They have other ways of informing us, but this forum is not one of them.

Thanks for the definition of "forum".  This topic is no stranger.  Yes, we write about errors to WC / SG no reaction, we write on the forum about BS.  No response since Lat.  In fact, this forum can only be called a notebook.  There is no person competent to answer our ASE or ASA questions.  So far it's a big bulletin board, which is the least interested in WC/SG.  Questions are often unanswered (not all questions can be answered by players, there are also questions directed to WC/SG.) After all, the topic is about ASE shutdown, New ASA and so on.  answering each other is just disinformation, we don't know what will happen on August 31 or September 1.  Knowing WC/SG's adherence to deadlines.

If you noticed the link above the text you quote there is quite a lot of INFORMATION for players.  Everyone would like ASA, which should be free of charge due to the failure rate of ASE.  Paint the rest yourself :)

Unfortunately, I can't say if this applies outside of the EU.  And from what I knew there are a lot of EU players.

The information given and quoted by me are not sucked out of your finger or from YT.  In this case, they are state institutions.  Now that you have this bulletin board at your disposal, search the web for resources relating to the issues I have touched on in the quotes.  Unless you live in the EU, you have the same rights as others regarding these three quotes I have put in German.

If you don't think this information is true, smack it straight across the bridge, instead of giving me a definition of a Forum that I've known for over a quarter of a century if not more.  I didn't write this from myself, compile these files whole.  I can't officially give you the sum ;) But count it towards helping the players.  What this does not apply to some, as they announced, they made it clear in their statements that they would buy ASA, which would also somehow be forced to modernize the equipment or replace the console.  But not so expensive I guess.  This convinces WC that a lot of players will give up and recommend to buy ASA anyway.

EDIT:

And that's why I wrote it this way, so that we would finally get information from WC/SG on our questions, because we won't be able to answer them ourselves!

Edited by Noffek
  • Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, Noffek said:

Thanks for the definition of "forum".  This topic is no stranger.  Yes, we write about errors to WC / SG no reaction, we write on the forum about BS.  No response since Lat.  In fact, this forum can only be called a notebook.  There is no person competent to answer our ASE or ASA questions.  So far it's a big bulletin board, which is the least interested in WC/SG.  Questions are often unanswered (not all questions can be answered by players, there are also questions directed to WC/SG.) After all, the topic is about ASE shutdown, New ASA and so on.  answering each other is just disinformation, we don't know what will happen on August 31 or September 1.  Knowing WC/SG's adherence to deadlines.

If you noticed the link above the text you quote there is quite a lot of INFORMATION for players.  Everyone would like ASA, which should be free of charge due to the failure rate of ASE.  Paint the rest yourself :)

Unfortunately, I can't say if this applies outside of the EU.  And from what I knew there are a lot of EU players.

The information given and quoted by me are not sucked out of your finger or from YT.  In this case, they are state institutions.  Now that you have this bulletin board at your disposal, search the web for resources relating to the issues I have touched on in the quotes.  Unless you live in the EU, you have the same rights as others regarding these three quotes I have put in German.

If you don't think this information is true, smack it straight across the bridge, instead of giving me a definition of a Forum that I've known for over a quarter of a century if not more.  I didn't write this from myself, compile these files whole.  I can't officially give you the sum ;) But count it towards helping the players.  What this does not apply to some, as they announced, they made it clear in their statements that they would buy ASA, which would also somehow be forced to modernize the equipment or replace the console.  But not so expensive I guess.  This convinces WC that a lot of players will give up and recommend to buy ASA anyway.

EDIT:

And that's why I wrote it this way, so that we would finally get information from WC/SG on our questions, because we won't be able to answer them ourselves!

This forum isn't and never has been for direct interaction with the developers. These days, that's on Twitter (maybe), or Discord (good luck). It's for fans of the game to communicate with each other. It's always been that way.

Edited by Joebl0w13

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This forum isn't and never has been for direct interaction with the developers. These days, that's on Twitter (maybe), or Discord (good luck). It's for fans of the game to communicate with each other. It's always been that way.

I'm sorry but I don't have to register there.  And I doesn't want to either.  I'm not talking about direct contact, but about providing information, not spilling crumbs in the form of some graphics.  

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Noffek said:

I'm sorry but I don't have to register there.  And I doesn't want to either.  I'm not talking about direct contact, but about providing information, not spilling crumbs in the form of some graphics.  

Well, for all but the willfully ignorant. The information is over there. 

They are looking at the forums 😕. They're just biding their time. That's why they immediately changed it with the first backlash. They have seen how this horrible situation is 😞,is pitting player against player. The whole our community against one anothe. The hostility and passive aggressiveness that I've seen in the 3 months since I have been on here is unbelievable. They are ignoring our comments, but I'm sure they're reading them as well all the time. Right now they're basically trying to see how many people want to buy Asa vs not. What I also don't like is how the game is still available to purchase everything including the DLCs and they haven't taken it down  If it's going to be ending why keep it running on the Microsoft store. Other gaming communities etc and are looking at them. I know it's not just on YouTube there are other forums and another social media that is actually calling them out as well. The community crunch is supposed to be about players talking with each other and talking with wild card. Seems like I don't understand why we are having a community crunch anyway there is no answers and they don't seem to be listening to anyone's concerns. With the technical stuff I believe they can transfer over. Other games are doing it turning ue4 to ue5. So can Wildcard/Snail Games 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Noffek said:

Like I said, WC has a few ways of communicating with us. For instance, you click the HOME link at the top of this page and you see various bits of news about the game. I think there are forums to discuss the news. Almost never though in the 7 or so years I've been reading the news and forum posts here have I seen any responses to forum posts here from WC employees. 

You are just creating a false reality for yourself (maybe call it Fake News) when you think that you should be getting some kind of response from WC here to any of your questions and speculations as to what is going to happen.

Like most of us, I just wait patiently for the next announcement and occasionally discuss what I've heard from them and what might happen next and my opinion of it all. That is all any "sane" person can do here.

5 hours ago, Noffek said:

"Spilling crumbs in the form of some graphics" is exactly what they've always done here. The community crunch is their primary way of communicating with players on the forums, they have never offered answers to questions here. They have always used the C.Crunch to push information based on what they want to push, not what people are asking them.

Why would you think that this would change after so many years?

6 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Well, for all but the willfully ignorant. The information is over there. 

by quoting me you called me ignorant?

If you want to pay for ASA pay, but give others the opportunity to present other aspects of buying ASA that would in fact be free.  You've caught on that I don't use these platforms.  He simply does not register on any social networking sites.  Still respects your rights to personal data.  Do you call that ignorance?

P.S.  the topic is about ARK, not me ;)

Edited by Noffek

4 hours ago, wildbill said:

Like I said, WC has a few ways of communicating with us. For instance, you click the HOME link at the top of this page and you see various bits of news about the game. I think there are forums to discuss the news. Almost never though in the 7 or so years I've been reading the news and forum posts here have I seen any responses to forum posts here from WC employees. 

You are just creating a false reality for yourself (maybe call it Fake News) when you think that you should be getting some kind of response from WC here to any of your questions and speculations as to what is going to happen.

Like most of us, I just wait patiently for the next announcement and occasionally discuss what I've heard from them and what might happen next and my opinion of it all. That is all any "sane" person can do here.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

"Spilling crumbs in the form of some graphics" is exactly what they've always done here. The community crunch is their primary way of communicating with players on the forums, they have never offered answers to questions here. They have always used the C.Crunch to push information based on what they want to push, not what people are asking them.

Why would you think that this would change after so many years?

If WC/SG are so diligent about improving ASE, they should improve communication between players as well. 

I will say that recently I bought the game "X" in total only a single but ASE will soon become such, I admit that it may become competition for ASE, and if it was released in multiplatform mode it could compete with ASA.  There is building, walking, expeditions, expienie.  And the graphic design itself is on a much better level. There, the forum appointed intermediaries in communication between the player and the manufacturer and vice versa.  And it works.  Communication in this forum is limited to writing text on a given topic in this forum.  This forum is for player-to-player communication only, as I don't think WC/SG bothers to comment here.  I consider any attempt to change this fact to be correct.  I'm not saying it's going to change, which would certainly look different, even to you, if it did.

Now it doesn't matter if it's ASE or ASA I just think it would be nice to see any response from them on their own forum.

The above link relates to crunch and my post (hope you read it, thanks for that, but somehow I still separate my comments into local forum and crunch).  I respond with an answer or information when I feel it is appropriate.  And I can't understand your hostility towards trying to change things to make things better and not just for money.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

If WC/SG are so diligent about improving ASE, they should improve communication between players as well.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic as a way of pointing out that WC/SG are not honestly diligent about improving ASE, or if you're hoping that they want to change, to become honest and diligent, and as part of that change they should also improve communications.

If you're being sarcastic, agreed. They have a long history of not being honest and diligent, nor of good communication with players.

But if you think they're trying to change and you're suggesting things they should do as part of those changes well... they're not changing. WC/SG are going to continue being the exact same company they've always been, no one should think that they're going to change anything about their corporate cultures.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

I will say that recently I bought the game "X" in total only a single but ASE will soon become such, I admit that it may become competition for ASE, and if it was released in multiplatform mode it could compete with ASA.  There is building, walking, expeditions, expienie.  And the graphic design itself is on a much better level.

Yeah, there are plenty of other survival games now, with more coming on the market all the time. This isn't 2016, there are quite a few good options available.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

There, the forum appointed intermediaries in communication between the player and the manufacturer and vice versa.  And it works. Communication in this forum is limited to writing text on a given topic in this forum.  This forum is for player-to-player communication only, as I don't think WC/SG bothers to comment here.  I consider any attempt to change this fact to be correct.  I'm not saying it's going to change, which would certainly look different, even to you, if it did.

That's some pleasant, wishful thinking. It would be nice, it would be nice for all of us, but it's not going to happen. WC/SG are going to continue being the same company they've always been.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

Now it doesn't matter if it's ASE or ASA I just think it would be nice to see any response from them on their own forum.

It would be, but alas it's not going to happen. Any answers they give here will be more of their marketing lies and attempts to convince people that they're doing more work than they really are. Their plan is to charge $60.00 for what should be a $10-$15 DLC, their goal is to convince people that this is a good price and to pretend that it's not the ripoff it really is.

1 hour ago, Noffek said:

The above link relates to crunch and my post (hope you read it, thanks for that, but somehow I still separate my comments into local forum and crunch).  I respond with an answer or information when I feel it is appropriate.  And I can't understand your hostility towards trying to change things to make things better and not just for money.

I'm not hostile, I'm realistic. I would be great if WC/SG would change how they do business, but they're not going to.

• Thanks 1

I am on PC and have the whole ARK game.  I am not going to miss the official servers due to the fact I have only played on UnOfficial.  BUT .  Its hart breaking to know that everyone who has their "life" on official servers is going to be gone. 
AND.  I am not sure I want to pay for the game ALL OVER again.  AND IF I do decide.. I will be searching for some Game code for the whole thing on some discount game website.   
I'm very unhappy with Snail Games .. they are slime IMO.  I will support Wildcard, but Snail Games can go suck their left nut. 

5 hours ago, saraba said:

I am on PC and have the whole ARK game.  I am not going to miss the official servers due to the fact I have only played on UnOfficial.  BUT .  Its hart breaking to know that everyone who has their "life" on official servers is going to be gone. 
AND.  I am not sure I want to pay for the game ALL OVER again.  AND IF I do decide.. I will be searching for some Game code for the whole thing on some discount game website.   
I'm very unhappy with Snail Games .. they are slime IMO.  I will support Wildcard, but Snail Games can go suck their left nut. 

Yes, I think a lot of people feel this way. That might explain why it looks like WC is making significant changes to ARK in ASA. Only time will tell if they succeed. If those changes are compelling enough, most players will "upgrade" to ASA and stop playing ASE.

I'm like you, I'll wait and see before buying. I've already seen one of my favorite unofficial clusters say they have no plans to move to ASA. Some of the others are waiting before announcing what they will do. The smart move is to decide nothing now and wait until we have more information to make an informed decision.

Right now I'm playing ARK with the Omega mod on Crystal Isles. When I can do that on ASA, that might be the day I buy it.

I can't easily emphasize with those who have a "life" on official servers though. I've probably started the game over at least 100 times. Longest I played on any one server was maybe 6 months. Shortest less than an hour. I don't see the need to get attached to a bunch of 1s and 0s stored away somewhere on a computer (that is what all games are after all if you didn't know that). Just like real life, you can take a digital picture of it, store them somewhere, and look at them once in awhile if you feel the need.

Please WC , go on with the closing of official server , i am may be one of the few people actually glad , or even appreciate of it .

Stuck in this Ark prison for too long , people join and stop playing while i stuck with the duty of maintenance bases across many servers , i forgot when was the last time i actually have a good vacation because the dumb oil pump only last 2 days and people eager to build theirs own and lock it forever , among many reasons .

August can't come fast enough .

9 hours ago, Micdvd said:

I haven't even seen the new dino yet. Still debating how much I want to get further into things knowing that everything will be gone in a couple of months.

spawns in swamp area only on the island and not sure where on lost island. doesn't spawn on other maps. up to 2 of them wild at the same time. they fly over swamp trees.

I never understood how games that sells once can pay to keep public servers up.  I get the MMO model where you pay each month but Ark i dont get it.  In my opinion they should charge a small fee for public server.  This could be a way to keep the ark1 servers up.

Nitrado servers equivalent to officials are $100 / month.  They could charge $2 per month to play on official clusters or $15/year.  If they do that they should increase the decay timers to 31 days on all structures except for some tek that last longer.

Edited by Herbapou

The smart way to go about it would be to add a subscription fee to keep playing on Official servers. It will cost people to pay for unofficial anyway, but this way they would get the money instead of 3rd parties.

Some might say that would take away from their idea of getting everyone to switch: No not really, since people are planning to pay for unofficial hosting anyway, like I've stated.

I just don't know why they didn't at least take that direction, if they are so "pressed for cash" as many have said. Every player that I have suggested this to have said they would gladly pay a subscription fee to be able to keep their progress and official servers. Even if they downsized the amount of servers like they did with legacy.

Granted, I play on PvE so idk how PvP players feel about this, but I'm sure they are used to not getting attached to things.

The game just isn't fun for me without the freedom of a huge community to play/trade with like it is on Official. So many people just don't get it. I personally have no friends irl that play the game, so I like to play with everyone I run into on a vast amount of servers. Can't do any of that on Single Player or Unofficial (can you trade with players or visit other unofficials?).

Anyway, other than that, I still believe we should at least be able to bring our character/implant progress (not levels) over to ASA at the very least. It doesn't seem to hard to program that, since it's built into our character ID. I don't dare how beautiful it looks, starting over for another 8 years (especially of raising/taming dino slogg) is not worth it to me, especially if we don't even know if they will just get shut down again upon Ark 2 release anyway (based on the common trend now).

Or have an "Ark" that would let you take 3 cryopods of your favorite dinos (can't be the same type) would be nice. Wishful thinking. (Can't even have an Ark for Ark lol XD)

Just my feelings about all of this. Going and just straight up shutting down and deleting everyone's hard work (playing with myself is pointless) is just a nasty approach and really shows they don't care. So all I can do is hope that they change their mind in some way or aspects.

I'll keep up hope.

A friend I met on the game/fb is going to try and host a server and add my maps to it (and I'll be inviting most of my server as well), but since we are on Xbox, we have no idea how it's going to work or if even possible to get everyone/everything together. More details on the process would be fantastic.

Take care everyone.

• Like 2

I don't know what is going on with this game. I've not kept up to date with news much since the april 1 craziness. I'm here now to share a story. I recently was telling someone what I've been doing with my time. I don't do much but play ark and recently atlas. They got super interested in ark, "ohh it looks like knights with dinosaurs!" All the sudden it looked like they were going to buy it and in a panic I had to say "wait don't buy that!" In a fluster I tried to explain the whole limbo we are in. I encouraged them to wait a few months. Anyways ... wth. What's going on?

17 hours ago, Micdvd said:

I haven't even seen the new dino yet. Still debating how much I want to get further into things knowing that everything will be gone in a couple of months.

If you're having fun, then play the game as long as you're having fun. You already paid for it after all.

Also, if you're one of the people who plans to buy the replacement ASA then everything you do now will help you learn the game better. Personally, I think ASA is just one giant ripoff and won't be buying it, but of course different people have different views on that topic. If you're going to play ASA then it's worth continuing to play ASE, everything you learn now will help you when the replacement is pushed out.

7 hours ago, Herbapou said:

I never understood how games that sells once can pay to keep public servers up.  I get the MMO model where you pay each month but Ark i dont get it.  In my opinion they should charge a small fee for public server.  This could be a way to keep the ark1 servers up.

The how & why is that the official servers are basically counted as an advertising expense, to "show off" the game without being responsible for making sure the servers perform up to a minimum acceptable standard (no promise of service levels). The official servers for ARK have performance specifications that are just barely good enough to run the game, in other words, the cheapest servers possible. That way they can say, "We have official servers" but also say, "They're free, we never promised they would be good servers."

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic