Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

7 hours ago, ladymarina said:

I don't want anyone to vote for me. 

I am trying to speak on anyone's behalf...

And that's the problem.

Again, you don't have the right to speak for people other than yourself, unless they've agree for you to speak for them.

You can speak about them,  you can talk about the number of people who are complaining on reddit, youtube, etc. but you can't speak for them, you are not their representative.

7 hours ago, ladymarina said:

I understand what you are saying.

I'm starting to wonder if this is something that's lost in translation. I get the feeling that English is not your native language (that's not a criticism, I'm only fluent in one language, I respect multi-lingual people) and that may be causing a problem in this discussion.

To me (and to GP) there's a strong and obvious difference between speaking for people and speaking about them. Is that difference obvious to you also, or do I need to find some other way to try to communicate why there is an issue here?

14 hours ago, GP said:

It's best if you drop this white knight drama because it's not going anywhere. Speak for yourself, not others, that's all you can do.

If other people that are unhappy chose not to come to this forum to complain then that is their choice, if they can't be bothered then that's their choice. Not sure why anyone would waste their time and effort to speak for those that can't be bothered to do it themselves. 🤷‍♂️

You're right I can't speak for everyone. I might seem like an extreme fanatic to you but I am saying this because I feel like those who actually did say something were torn down by hostility and passive aggressiveness etc.ALSO. I've seen and witnessed it on here and actually experienced this as well. So those people who called me and those others  entitled broke etc need to be talked to as well. No one has said  anything about how negative their being just about  me.  Someone needs to stand up for them and I will do that and as I said I rephrased it on their behalf. Some people in here might say well she's at least standing up for something she believes is wrong. It's best to just ignore me if you don't like what I have to say. Oh and thanks for saying I'm a white knight. I'll take that as a compliment 😉.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

I am one of those people who are happy about ASA/ARK2 and I've seen that indeed more people who hate it will voice their opinions than those who are excited

I was happy about Asa and Ark 2. But having to repay fora game is outrageous,lose all your work and time. Pay full price for a an upgraded game we already have. It's just not right garlic 😔.

• Like 1

Pipin I speak fluent English. I understand what your saying. Your absolutely right I can't speak for everybody. But who will read or listen can. I might sound like I'm being extreme. But haveing to deal with all this negativity is bother some. People can just ignore my messages. Why respond to me. No one needs to reply to the messages Throughout all this I haven't said one thing that has been , passive aggressive, negative, or hostile. /But why isn't anyone getting on the people who are being hostile and unfriendly towards people who are speaking about the situation? 

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

And that's the problem.

Again, you don't have the right to speak for people other than yourself, unless they've agree for you to speak for them.

You can speak about them,  you can talk about the number of people who are complaining on reddit, youtube, etc. but you can't speak for them, you are not their representative.

I'm starting to wonder if this is something that's lost in translation. I get the feeling that English is not your native language (that's not a criticism, I'm only fluent in one language, I respect multi-lingual people) and that may be causing a problem in this discussion.

To me (and to GP) there's a strong and obvious difference between speaking for people and speaking about them. Is that difference obvious to you also, or do I need to find some other way to try to communicate why there is an issue here?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, ladymarina said:

Pipin I speak fluent English. I understand what your saying. Your absolutely right I can't speak for everybody. But who will read or listen can. I might sound like I'm being extreme. But haveing to deal with all this negativity is bother some. People can just ignore my messages. Why respond to me. No one needs to reply to the messages Throughout all this I haven't said one thing that has been , passive aggressive, negative, or hostile. /But why isn't anyone getting on the people who are being hostile and unfriendly towards people who are speaking about the situation? 

Seriously at this point.

image.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:
21 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Actually.

Broken record Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

21 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Actually.

Broken record Royalty Free Vector Image - VectorStock

Ok okay Joe well it was you who said I am banging my head up against a brick 🧱. But to each each their own. As I said before you don't have to comment, you can ignore my messages. Have a good day 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, ladymarina said:

I was happy about Asa and Ark 2. But having to repay fora game is outrageous,lose all your work and time. Pay full price for an upgraded game we already have. It's just not right garlic 😔.

I also believe that ASA is going to actually add a lot of improvements. Plus, moving forward, even if they don't add much at release, they'll surely add lots to the game beyond that? (I may just be optimistic)

I do think they should keep at least one or two servers up for ASE though. Removing all of them seems a bit extreme, if ASE will still get them money. Though, what do I know about maintaining servers? 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

I also believe that ASA is going to actually add a lot of improvements. Plus, moving forward, even if they don't add much at release, they'll surely add lots to the game beyond that? (I may just be optimistic)

I do think they should keep at least one or two servers up for ASE though. Removing all of them seems a bit extreme, if ASE will still get them money. Though, what do I know about maintaining servers? 🤷‍♂️

ASE won't generate any revenue after they pull it from the store and stop development on it. Servers cost a lot of money to run and maintain. They've flat out said they look forward to not having to maintain those servers anymore.

Edited by Joebl0w13

43 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

ASE won't generate any revenue after they pull it from the store and stop development on it.

Seems like they'd earn more money keeping it up? I mean most people don't even play Official?

44 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Servers cost a lot of money to run and maintain. They've flat out said they look forward to not having to maintain those servers anymore.

Yeah, I know. Just a major loss for those who play Official servers...

6 hours ago, GarlicWindow said:

Seems like they'd earn more money keeping it up? I mean most people don't even play Official?

Yeah, I know. Just a major loss for those who play Official servers...

There are making over a billion dollars in revenue they can afford to. As I said it's just because they want extra money. Sadly the lawsuit is what caused WC to sell . But you look at what is the most active on Snail Games it's ark survival. 53000 players. Compared to their other games.

Edited by ladymarina
  • Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 4:45 AM, Pipinghot said:

You have every right to be honest about how you feel, what you like, what you dislike. You just don't have the right to speak for people that haven't agreed to it.

There is also tacit agreement.  I am a console player myself, reading his statements I have not decided that he will not write on my behalf.  Only silent permission.  If I paid attention to it, I would have to produce myself here xD.  Frankly, ASE is already burned.  And I won't spend €600+60 on ASA or Ark 2 to modify my wife's gear.  It also looks at seoje's financial opportunities.  As I said, he does a good job on the forum, there is plenty of it xD.  It reminds me of the days when I used to play computer games, reminds me of how I fought for critical changes to the game, in the end, the financial advantage prevailed over reason.  Finally, modifications were made.  (similarly happens with ARK) The result was a massive departure of players from the game, after which the developer gave the game to the franchise.  Maybe it's off topic, but why didn't I switch to ARK PS4 xD after this game.  I don't think any of us have much influence over what Wild Card plans.  For their part, they have already lost 2 players, 2 customers who were faithful to one game most of the time.  We have a full set of ARK, renting servos is not the same as playing the official ones, which still have their supporters.  Even if I wanted to say on behalf of my friends at ASE that they are also not happy with the wildcard plans and will not buy ASA, it is unlikely to matter what format it was delivered in.  That they don't post on the forum and say it themselves?  Maybe they just let it go because they know it doesn't make sense?

• Like 2

On 5/17/2023 at 4:42 AM, Frack said:

GP's point is dull, to be sharp it would need to discuss where the players are expressing their feelings, which he correctly states here ain't the place, since it is clearly visible ,there is less than 100 or so peeps posting any 'feelings' here.

Simple search of youtube for any recent 'comment's about feelings'  about ASE/ASA/ARK2 and you can find  20-30,000 harsh feelings, with maybe 100's good feelings, with 10's and 20's of 'I dunno' feelings. 

and Discord and Reddit is a mirror image of youtube 'feelings', so would says ladymarina is closer to expressing what a 'majority' of players are feeling than this forum is.

This is what ive been seeing too. No matter how the fanboys try to hype it and downplay peoples rejection of this 'roadmap' at the end of the day wildcard have shot themselves in the foot 

• Thanks 3

On 5/17/2023 at 1:06 PM, ladymarina said:

No I'm saying that it's the same for players who are unhappy as well. Look on YouTube etc. Lots of unhappy people.

Youtube is an echo chamber. I'll define that for you. You like a certain topic enough, youtube provides you more content of the same topic. 

So in this case, you are unhappy with WC. You watch videos about it. Youtube then feeds you more videos of other people unhappy with WC. It looks like all ARK players are unhappy, but you just aren't seeing those videos of people that are happy, because youtube is just echoing back to you what you like to watch, which is videos of people unhappy with WC.

And yes, you do not speak for all console and PC players. I'm a PC player and you don't speak for me. So stop acting like a troll and saying you do speak for me.

If you narrow that down, and say "you speak for console and PC players on the official servers", well that might be a bit more accurate. I, like over 50% of ARK players, don't play on official, so really don't care that much about what happens there. In fact, I agree and have for a long time, that official servers other than a few that wipe often, like the beginner's servers are a complete waste of WC's time and money. The best experience of playing ARK with other players is not on the official servers at all. To be clear, the best way to play the game (at least for me) is on a dedicated (unofficial) server.

Edited by wildbill

Those echo chamber youtuber's are the one's who for the past 8 years have done the most to promote ASE, by providing information/guidance  on how to  play the game to their 40-50,000 followers with those video getting 10,000's of views  and comments. 

They do not echo the player base (good or bad) because they would be ignored, they present their info as factually as they can, and for a very  simple reason, it generates income, by getting subscribers (which only increases on valid data) who give donations or view ads, anything else would be tossed aside like f@rts in a wind storm, and the $$$ would not be there .

" The best experience of playing ARK with other players is not on the official servers at all."

There you go speaking for them 'all', even though you said "

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

don't play on official

ASA will sale, people will bitch and moan, but will buy it, not just for official, but unofficial servers, for ASE is dead, it will have few drags of air for a while, but after Aug (whatever release date of ASA is) no one will be doing in depth digging into ASE, because it will not be where the focus is, it is not where any money will be spent to generate interest, videos, discussions, slowly the servers will die off as no one rents them, as updates end it will be the final nail in the coffin.  

ASE will be out there just like Colossal Cave Adventure, Zork, or The Oregon Trail, and about as much played as they are

Edited by Frack
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

Youtube is an echo chamber. I'll define that for you. You like a certain topic enough, youtube provides you more content of the same topic. 

So in this case, you are unhappy with WC. You watch videos about it. Youtube then feeds you more videos of other people unhappy with WC. It looks like all ARK players are unhappy, but you just aren't seeing those videos of people that are happy, because youtube is just echoing back to you what you like to watch, which is videos of people unhappy with WC.

And yes, you do not speak for all console and PC players. I'm a PC player and you don't speak for me. So stop acting like a troll and saying you do speak for me.

If you narrow that down, and say "you speak for console and PC players on the official servers", well that might be a bit more accurate. I, like over 50% of ARK players, don't play on official, so really don't care that much about what happens there. In fact, I agree and have for a long time, that official servers other than a few that wipe often, like the beginner's servers are a complete waste of WC's time and money. The best experience of playing ARK with other players is not on the official servers at all. To be clear, the best way to play the game (at least for me) is on a dedicated (unofficial) server.

Well that's fine for you but there are people who might actually want to stay with Ark ASE, in doing so do not want to play ASA because of what wild card is doing " like me ". That's great you found an unofficial dedicated server as you said, to actually play on.  In My experience I have had nothing but negative players who harassed me, servers being put down because the owner of the server could not have pay for it, a  server that was basically left to its own fruition and dealing with hackers who harass you and the admin is nowhere to be found. The server I am on now actually has a lot of players who got tired of unofficial. It has no AI or anything to monitor it you would just be relying on the admin so unlike official where they have an AI who protects it against hackers etc since I've been on official servers I haven't had that many problems at all. Except for the glitching cutting off when you're playing etc.

Those echo chambered YouTubers are the ones that basically boosted WC/ SG  popularity. Because of these YouTubers WC/SG were able to get new players which they still do. Also still haven't  taken it off the Market). I have met so many players that are coming in that are unaware that they just spent money on the game and Dlcs. Oh and I know some play on Game pass so you don't need to tell me about that either.  Oh yes there are also several partitions that have quite a few people who are against it I signt petition where there's over 7, 000 signatures. So no people are standing up for it it's just they're not doing it on here and that's why I'm doing it on here. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frack said:

Those echo chamber youtuber's are the one's who for the past 8 years have done the most to promote ASE, by providing information/guidance  on how to  play the game to their 40-50,000 followers with those video getting 10,000's of views  and comments. 

I even included a definition of how media today is simply an echo chamber. Look it up, because you didn't understand what I meant by that.

It isn't the youtubers themselves that are echo chambers, it is youtube's algorithm for what content they show you that makes youtube an echo chamber. 

For instance, if you are a mega republican, you will think 90% of the people in the U.S. are mega republicans, because you will seldom see anything political in youtube that is not of that political belief. This is the algorithm of youtube, not the mega youtubers that are making youtube an echo chamber.

Edited by wildbill
clarification

1 hour ago, ladymarina said:

Well that's fine for you but there are people who might actually want to stay with Ark ASE, in doing so do not want to play ASA because of what wild card is doing " like me ". That's great you found an unofficial dedicated server as you said, to actually play on.  In My experience I have had nothing but negative players who harassed me, servers being put down because the owner of the server could not have pay for it, a  server that was basically left to its own fruition and dealing with hackers who harass you and the admin is nowhere to be found. The server I am on now actually has a lot of players who got tired of unofficial. It has no AI or anything to monitor it you would just be relying on the admin so unlike official where they have an AI who protects it against hackers etc since I've been on official servers I haven't had that many problems at all. Except for the glitching cutting off when you're playing etc.

Those echo chambered YouTubers are the ones that basically boosted WC/ SG  popularity. Because of these YouTubers WC/SG were able to get new players which they still do. Also still haven't  taken it off the Market). I have met so many players that are coming in that are unaware that they just spent money on the game and Dlcs. Oh and I know some play on Game pass so you don't need to tell me about that either.  Oh yes there are also several partitions that have quite a few people who are against it I signt petition where there's over 7, 000 signatures. So no people are standing up for it it's just they're not doing it on here and that's why I'm doing it on here. 

See my other reply. I guess I assumed more people understand the current problem with our media today is how it is distorting reality and leading to and enforcing polarized beliefs (not always based on fact) because of algorithms, not just on youtube, but in all social media that actively selects for the reader mostly just content similar to content they have read previously. This leads to the distortion of the reader thinking their belief system is more common and popular and well accepted than it actually is. Media today distorts reality in other ways too, it also prioritizes content that generates a stronger emotional reaction, often content that makes you angry or mad.

Because of the flaws in media today, including youtube, you are likely getting a distorted view of just how many people really like or don't like the changes occurring with ARK. 

One thing I've seen is many youtubers are making a big deal out of the shutdown of the official servers and the algorithm on youtube seems to be giving preference to those videos. That doesn't mean it is the most popular opinion, it simply means that youtube feels those videos will generate the most views and the most ad revenue for their company (Google). So you see, it is really all about profit for these media companies.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, wildbill said:

See my other reply. I guess I assumed more people understand the current problem with our media today is how it is distorting reality and leading to and enforcing polarized beliefs (not always based on fact) because of algorithms, not just on youtube, but in all social media that actively selects for the reader mostly just content similar to content they have read previously. This leads to the distortion of the reader thinking their belief system is more common and popular and well accepted than it actually is. Media today distorts reality in other ways too, it also prioritizes content that generates a stronger emotional reaction, often content that makes you angry or mad.

Because of the flaws in media today, including youtube, you are likely getting a distorted view of just how many people really like or don't like the changes occurring with ARK. 

One thing I've seen is many youtubers are making a big deal out of the shutdown of the official servers and the algorithm on youtube seems to be giving preference to those videos. That doesn't mean it is the most popular opinion, it simply means that youtube feels those videos will generate the most views and the most ad revenue for their company (Google). So you see, it is really all about profit for these media companies.

Um nooo..... Petition websites don't show just that and it's not just YouTube It's Game informer etc other gaming reviewers as well. Also as I said there are two petition websites that are showing all of the Ark players names that have signed the petition. change.org etc. so no it's not always the case. Even if the media companies were trying to hype things up. all the information that they have been saying is factual. People were saying that wc/sg was an independent company they were once were, but now they have made over a billion dollars and revenue which means that they should be able to do something about Ark SE instead of just trying to drop it. The gaming companies and community and  people are waiting for them an answer to all of problems that have arisen and what they're going to do about it.

• Thanks 1

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic