Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

Gotta love reading all this QQ, it's like global chat after some scrub got raided.

WC knows that 99% of it's customers WILL purchase the new game no matter what is said here.

They see how many people get banned for abuse/cheating etc who go on to buy a new copy etc, we have money to burn and everyone loves a fresh start.

Roll on August, take ma monies!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 7

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to The Closing of Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

If I understand correctly you can keep playing this game on unofficial which most already do. You can even keep your progress with the server saves that they will give out. 

You can. However, there will be no new content, nor will there be any more bug fixes. It's as-is as they say.

They know the ARK 2 is not worth to buy it ,it will be like Conan Exciles.With takeing down official servers and rebuy ARK 1 they force us players to buy ARK 2.Dont buy ARK 2 and everibody must complain to Microsoft and Xbox developers ,they make a contract with thief company named Studio Wildcard.People(players)on steam and xbox and PS4 cancel game pass purchase till Microsoft kicks Studio Wildcards ass!!!!Be smart and clever guys!

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

If I understand correctly you can keep playing this game on unofficial which most already do. You can even keep your progress with the server saves that they will give out. 

Personally, I wouldn't count on that lasting too long. Game companies are notoriously bad at supporting games that are not the current version they're selling, worse than the rest of the software industry.

If you're currently doing a play though on an unofficial, private or non-dedicated server, or in single-player, I would focus on finishing that play through. Do not trust WC to keep the game working for more than a few months after ASA is released. I mean, maybe it will keep working, I could be wrong, but the smart money says it would be a bad idea to trust them on this.

You wont ever hear the truth from the horses mouth in this case. Snail WILL retaliate against WC if they tell the truth for this travesty. Snail inc. has been caught red handed,  Cheating in their own game, preventing bugs favored by them from being fixed, and even lying to investors in the last investor call. We as a community need to be looking at ways to force Snail games to sell the IP.  Wildcard are blameless in this. They are victims just as we are of these  parasites. We can accomplish this by causing the stock to crash. Go on twitter and instagram and spread the news that Snail Inc, a  Chinese Communist Party owned company is forcing the developers for this popular game to tell outright lies to the community and break a product we payed for and force us to rebuy it.  If anyone has connections to financial journalism outlets be sure to use those connections. Get popular twitch streamers and youtube channels talking about this.  Currently US Congress is also considering the tiktok ban bill, Chinese tech is a hot topic of discussion right now, so contact your congress reps and make it clear to them that we do not want chinese owned companies or companies with ANY connections to the CCP (even trace connections.) being able to operate at all in the tech space, including gaming.  

I believe that Wildcard, while not perfect, do want what is best for the game and for the community. I believe they are good people and we need to help  them separate from Snail if we want Wildcard and the game to survive. Together we can make a difference.  Even if we fail it is better to have at least tried than to sit around and just take it.  We must succeed or Wildcard is going lose agency over their company  to snail eventually, the core values of Wildcard will be eroded and we will lose the game we love forever to the corporate greed of a publicly traded company just like so many others. We have all seen this scenario play out over and over and over with other companies and I am tired of watching everything I love and am passionate about die because of Wall Street.  

Edited by RealNomad
  • Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 2:09 PM, ladymarina said:

Hello above been on Ark:Se since 2017.  I have bought all the games , expansions. I'm on Xbox one. I cannot afford to buy another game system. All the years I put into the server, and the game is going to just vanish😭😭😭😭😭.

If you already have the game shouldn't the game be discounted.For the users  that already have all the games? I have all the games. I understand it's going to be in U.I.5 but I still don't want to be on pay for the game all over again. 

What will you do for players on Xbox one or PS4? How will the servers save our dinos buildings etc?

About the best way to save anything, is to start transferring to a non dedicated server. Tames, blueprints, structures.......find a non dedi, make freinds with everyone, transfer

I'm rare in that I am okay with buying the new upgraded version of ark.  I'll probably wait for a Steam sale though I just can't shell out a lump of money because I'm an adult with bills to pay.  But I'm not mad about it. 

That said I really wish I could be allowed to move my official server dinos over to my (not owned by me) unofficial server via cryopods.  I mean I worked to gather those guys and breed them for over five years.  The loss does burn a bit.

Let it be known that I said this would happen.  Let it be known that I always said the fix to this would be for wildcard to let us transfer our official dinos to -

1)  Leave one official open every dlc map and those who would move there (not close all offiicial but give chance to move to one that remains); an official server merger

2) Let us move dinos to SP mode

3) Let us move dinos to unofficial

This is not the first, 2nd, or third time I've made this suggestion.  I said this way before they even introduced Ark 2 and said it repeatedly all along.  Still saying it. 

The loss we feel is not that Wildcard needs a paycheck to pay their employees and expects me to give them some money for the game I've been playing daily.  The loss is that you made a game that requires us to save our dinos only to have you yourself destroy them.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?  

This is why you wanted it to be a pvp only game.  You didn't want the attachment to the pets the pve'ers have.

On 4/4/2023 at 3:44 AM, Shadow135 said:

Gotta love reading all this QQ, it's like global chat after some scrub got raided.

WC knows that 99% of it's customers WILL purchase the new game no matter what is said here.

They see how many people get banned for abuse/cheating etc who go on to buy a new copy etc, we have money to burn and everyone loves a fresh start.

Roll on August, take ma monies!

maybe the PVP crowd loves a fresh start. Those gamers and content creators who can't wait to make money on 1.5 views are the only people I'm seeing happy about this. Friendly reminder to update those game reviews guys. 

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Whip out those wallets to pay the $90 for the game you already have. Let’s goooo!!!!

Money is no obstacle for me buddy lol and a lot of games that came out this year are crap and I haven't been playing games for a Good year so it's a good investment for me also you don't need to buy the pass you can buy the DLC separately which is what $11 for me so I'm good. Also I'm Canadian so this is gonna cost me an arm and a leg anyway.

Edited by DeliaHaze20

I see alot of crying. Sounds like what people do when they get wiped. Tribes that are good will be back, the rest? Well good riddance. Everytime we ever got wiped we came back stronger, til one day we just never got wiped again. This is gonna be a fun race, the struggle all over again, the rise to dominance all over again, getting the mutations, having the superior dinos because you did the work and your enemy didn't. We went to switch in December when they revamped it(while still playing on box) stone pick to tekked out ice cave in 5 weeks. Cry more or dare to be bold and do it again. Have to buy it again? 50 for Ark 2 and Unreal 5? If they left it alone you woulda payed 50 for Ark 2 anyways. Shut yer soup coolers man up and let's get it on again. Come at me bobs! Pull up!

6 minutes ago, Hyperminestra said:

I see alot of crying. Sounds like what people do when they get wiped. Tribes that are good will be back, the rest? Well good riddance. Everytime we ever got wiped we came back stronger, til one day we just never got wiped again. This is gonna be a fun race, the struggle all over again, the rise to dominance all over again, getting the mutations, having the superior dinos because you did the work and your enemy didn't. We went to switch in December when they revamped it(while still playing on box) stone pick to tekked out ice cave in 5 weeks. Cry more or dare to be bold and do it again. Have to buy it again? 50 for Ark 2 and Unreal 5? If they left it alone you woulda payed 50 for Ark 2 anyways. Shut yer soup coolers man up and let's get it on again. Come at me bobs! Pull up!

1: They said it would be free

2: We havent seen a single frame of actual gameplay for Ark 2. We are in essence being asked to pay for a game we havent seenj ANYTHING for even though the direction Ark 2 is going in will likely not be popular with the playerbase. Souls like combat? Forced 3rd person? No thanks.

3: they are breaking a product we already paied for so they can sell us everything all over again.  This is borderline illegal what they are doing. It would be like Ford coming up to your car and intentionally totaling it to force you into buying the newest model year. 

4: Overwolf. Excuse me while i go vomit.

5: Ps4 players are absolutely screwed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, RealNomad said:

2: We havent seen a single frame of actual gameplay for Ark 2. We are in essence being asked to pay for a game we havent seenj ANYTHING for even though the direction Ark 2 is going in will likely not be popular with the playerbase. Souls like combat? Forced 3rd person? No thanks.

3: they are breaking a product we already paied for so they can sell us everything all over again.  This is borderline illegal what they are doing. It would be like Ford coming up to your car and intentionally totaling it to force you into buying the newest model year. 

Ignore him.

Some people are just incapable of seeing things through other's perspectives and stay locked into their selfish bubble of "well I dont mind it, so everyone else shouldnt."

Edited by St1ckyBandit
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RealNomad said:

Cry

• Facepalm 5

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic