Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

Hello above been on Ark:Se since 2017.  I have bought all the games , expansions. I'm on Xbox one. I cannot afford to buy another game system. All the years I put into the server, and the game is going to just vanish😭😭😭😭😭.

If you already have the game shouldn't the game be discounted.For the users  that already have all the games? I have all the games. I understand it's going to be in U.I.5 but I still don't want to be on pay for the game all over again. 

What will you do for players on Xbox one or PS4? How will the servers save our dinos buildings etc?

Edited by ladymarina

I asked the same question. So far all I see is the option to rent a server which is not an option for many people. 

I paid for ark years ago so I understand having to pay for a remastered version but for those that want to continue to play they're original save there must be an option for console players to have they're save to single player. I hope they work something out. Maybe they can use the account network they are setting up. If they can do it for Warframe, Destiny, and other games on PS4 they can figure something out.

• Like 1

I’m still super confused on Ark 1 official servers shutting down. When everything goes to single player, will I still be able to keep my Dino’s and bases? If so, how does it work if you were in a tribe? Does all that stuff stay there or what? I’ve never been through this so if someone could really explain it to me I would appreciate it so much! 😅

I don't know how it will work this time, but last time they did this with legacy they uploaded the server saves for us to download. We could then place those files in our local steam saved files folder and the world was available as our single player world. Note it's the whole server, you can visit other peoples bases, and they can visit yours if they download that server's saves. It's an exact snapshot of whenever they did the save.

Last time they couldn't include our character info due to something to do with privacy although it was expected they could until the last minute, so maybe they will be able to this time. I just used console commands to forcejoin my tribe and used some other commands to give that character experience and engrams and that was that. It was a lot easier than the way I'm explaining it, and I bet there will be plenty of guides and youtube vods on how to do it all nearer the time.

Just make sure you keep refreshing the timers until then :)

Edited by Luizza
  • Thanks 1

To Wildcard 

I will not be paying for the new Ark game that i have already pay for.  I have been a loyal to Wildcard and Ark from the bata this will be the 4th time that I have restart and rebuild my tribe from the ground up cause of poor actions and distions for your team.  Why do you think that your actions with shutting down a game that ever one pay for to bring out the same game that ppl have already payed for and make your player base pay 50 + of the same game where you can bring out a pach or dlc to do the same thing and keep your player base happy instead of pissing them all off.

I am calling for a boycott of this move and a boycott for the up coming Ark 2.  We as the customer have power and should hold the wildcard accountable for this poor choise that wildcard is making here.   We as a comunity should be banding together and making wildcard put a stop to this 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

In you guy's opinions, when should the servers be shut down?

There needs to be an overlap, to give people time to move on.

There also needs to be a transfer option for dinos and characters.  It's not impossible - they're just a bunch of numbers.
Maybe some enterprising modder could write something to copy dino attributes from Ark 1 into Ark2.

If this is 100% accurate its an absolute disgrace. To end this game so abruptly, and 4 months notice to wipe out years of work on such a loved game is abrupt, is just crazy. Especially after only 5 or so weeks ago Jeremy Stieglitz himself posted that it would not only be free but there would also be no need to wipe existing progress? Which, i might add, brought great exitement to a lot of players, even us diehards who've been active players since ARKs release. What ever person or persons that thought this would be ok with enough players to even be a feasible option has lost their mind\minds and should lose there job\jobs and find a new career. I believe partly this decision was made because they know damn well a large portion of the community wouldve stayed on og ark and never bought or played ark 2. So this is a poor attempt at forcing people to buy it. What an egotistical and arrogant way to treat such a long standing and dedicated community. I also believe this is going to have the reverse affect and irreversibly damage both the ARK and Wildcard brands, and obviously these morons at snail games. 

• Thanks 2

They never cared or reviewed the server status since 2019 where most of legacy servers have been closed (not all, there is still a good number of legacy PVE running!). Since 2019 they continue to add new servers not only for new maps but also for older, without a proper review about where was really necessary (like The Island) and where not (like Aberration, Scourced Earth at least in PVE). PVE has about 20% of unplayed or really low populated server wasting resources. PVP has even a bigger number of servers running and I bet it's not any better (at least according to battelmetrics). And now they are shutting down everything despite the co-founder and lead developer of ARK1 and ARK2 literally said:
(scroll down a bit on the link..) https://web.archive.org/web/20230402185636/https://twitter.com/jeremystieglitz/status/1617365411510554624

Save data will carry-over, no wipes will be required.

Yes that tweet is archived and now history.

Anyway, I know online petitions don't worth a lot, but there is already one running to ask reconsidering the officials servers shutdown decision: https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers

Edited by darkradeon

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Beeso7 said:

Hi, I have a family member who plays ark on a they've took notice of players talking in the game chat stating some servers are going to be wiped.

Could anybody please check if the server on ps are due to be deletd?

Servers 630, and 1153. Thanks.

You can find the relevant information regarding the current servers in the official announcement:

More specifically the following part:

On 3/31/2023 at 5:38 PM, StudioWildcard said:
  • Official Servers: With the launch of ASA at the end of August, we will be taking down all Official Servers on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC for ARK: Survival Evolved – at that time, the final save-datas from the ARK: Survival Evolved Official Servers will be uploaded for players to re-host on their own servers or play in singleplayer/non-dedi, as well as slightly earlier snapshots. You will still be able to play on single-player, non-dedicated, player-dedicated, and unofficial servers. ARK: Survival Ascended will have its own fully supported Official Network for all platforms.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, darkradeon said:

Anyway, I know online petitions don't worth a lot

Petitions are worth nothing. There are petitions with millions of signatures... that changed nothing. They are little better than feel-good signaling. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Petitions are worth nothing. There are petitions with millions of signatures... that changed nothing. They are little better than feel-good signaling. 

What would you suggest we do joe? Just sit and shut up and take it? This is the most bizzare back flip ive ever seen. From 'free update, no wipes necessary' to ' ah actually we're pulling the game in 4 months' all in a matter of weeks is abhorrent? Especially on a game where starting from scratch isnt even an option for some and wildcard know that. Some say clever marketing, because some will just say ah well and take it. Some say brand destruction because a lot wont, even people that wouldve eventually bought ark2 wont now, soley because of this. Either way they just lost a massive chunk of the player base if this isnt reviewed in some way or another

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I mean don’t pay for an Ark 2/ASA bundle. 

As far as Ark 1 going away, it’s inevitable. It’s an old game it was going to end at some point. People need to come to terms with that.

Yeah, i wont be buying either. And we all new ark was going to end someday. Peoples anger is coming from the way they've gone about it. They know how invested some are and to just say, oh by the the way official servers will be taken down in 4 months is like ive already said, bizzare. 95% of players couldn't care less about the upgrade if it meant starting again, so ark shouldve been left alone until ark2 was released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok so i dont have x or s series i only have xbox s so with that being said if i read this forum right in august when they shut down the servers those of us on official server will be able to upload are saves to a single player save i have a pc unofficial server i bought is that a thing or did i read that wrong 

Edited by Leweyman89

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic