Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

3 hours ago, L4D2 said:

lots of drama in this thread, and that is understandable when you spend thousands of hours into this game

i personally put 7000 hours into this game since 2018, i stopped playing it early march and therefore lost all my bps and top dino, the difference here , it was my choice, and i was ok with that.

am i going to buy ark ascended? yes probably if we get new content new dinos and new map, honestly $50 isn't much for the thousands of hours you can play, i think i payed about $60 for ark 1 and all the extensions, so $60 for 7000 hours of play time is really a ridiculous small price.

don't mind starting over from scratch, anyway that was what i was doing on every new map, for me the fun is in the early phases (finding your spot, building and upgrading your base and weapons, hunting for good stat dino etc) not really a fan of the tek stage.

its ARK reskinned .... we will get 1 'new' map new dinos no mention of that just 'more breedable dinos' and a few QOL changes which SHOULD have been in arkse starting over u dont mind for how long before they sunset them servers to make room for ark2..... no thanks that not for me - plus i dont want ark2 either.

Money Money Smoking GIFHo comprato Baldurs Gate 3 ben due anni fa e ancora non sono riuscito a giocarci aspettando la traduzione in italiano.

Posso comprare Ark 2 e giocare ad ASA per un anno benissimo, ma voglio vedere dei fottuti miglioramenti con questo nuovo UE5 e non parlo di grafica ma di gameplay.

Take all my MONEY 😂

Edited by Reverse82

I'm trying to parse this post and I can't.

We have 2 options:
1) is it a mixture of lies and truth, or is it a full lies.
2) it's true.

It haunts me that the post was left on April 1, April Fool's Day.
I can't rule out that this is a prank.
It doesn't matter if the company's plans are some lies mixed with the truth, or it's all lies.
And in reality, it can be better than the players would like.
The bottom line is that such a post will cut off the client base quite well.

And if this was really a joke, then the person responsible for this is a complete idiot who is already preparing documents for dismissal.

In another possibility, it's all true and the company just wants the money.
But then the losses will be even greater among the client base.
ARK:SA - only beginners, idiots and the most stubborn fans will buy.

And one moment:
If this is true, then why ARK:SA?
Why do we need an Ark remake?
After all, there will be ARK2 ..
Judging by this logic, ARK2 will be a completely different game that will not compete with ARK:CA.

I try to understand, but in any case, I only see stupid solutions - no matter true or false.

This is a very deceiving practice on Wildcards part, all the new laws about misleading movie and game trailers kind of makes you question the legality of announcing a free upgrade than planning to charge customers that already spent $100's on the game. You are literally wrapping bug filled crap in a pretty shiney wrapper and passing it off as improved. Pretty on the ourside but likely still crap on the inside. Show of hands, how many people still have even an oz of trust or loyalty for Wildcard? Especially given the recent uptic in survival based games.

They do it because they along with all other games making companies know some gamers are idiots and will pay for things over and over and ov..................! It doesn't make any difference if the games inferior or a carbon copy they will still pay! Fallout 76 along with many other games prove that people love to be used as cashcows so why would WC be any different?

18 hours ago, Malfor said:

he says its a free upgrade

Well, they promised to do a PS5 upgrade 2 years ago and then pretended they didn't and never delivered. Not the first time they go back on their word/announcement, is it?  

Now, even that ASA, won't release till end of Sept/Oct despite what they say. I mean any time scale they give is always a joke.  Personally, despite what they're saying about it being some sort of huge overhaul of the game, I doubt it will be anything other than a glorified direct port. It's just marketing speak to try and justify a Full new game price tag. The most unforgiveable part of this plan though has to be the charging for season passes instead of the DLCs being part of the price tags as Re-masters always do. That is just such an anti-consumer greedy move

I've never posted in the forums before. Just came to express my disapproval of WC's decision. They lied to their base. As a consumer, we have but one power in this modern age. The power of your dollar. They have made it clear they are not listening to your concerns, no communication on the reversal of decision after being told it was a free upgrade and no wipes were needed. In a house with 4 accounts, we will no longer be supporting anything wildcard. This is clearly a cashgrab from its base. Speak with your money, only way they will listen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Duffmek said:

its ARK reskinned .... we will get 1 'new' map new dinos no mention of that just 'more breedable dinos' and a few QOL changes which SHOULD have been in arkse starting over u dont mind for how long before they sunset them servers to make room for ark2..... no thanks that not for me - plus i dont want ark2 either.

Actually, they said they're gonna update ARK AS with new content. Also, there will be changes that may be small or very impactful.

2 hours ago, Flay said:

I'm trying to parse this post and I can't.

We have 2 options:
1) is it a mixture of lies and truth, or is it a full lies.
2) it's true.

It haunts me that the post was left on April 1, April Fool's Day.
I can't rule out that this is a prank.
It doesn't matter if the company's plans are some lies mixed with the truth, or it's all lies.
And in reality, it can be better than the players would like.
The bottom line is that such a post will cut off the client base quite well.

And if this was really a joke, then the person responsible for this is a complete idiot who is already preparing documents for dismissal.

In another possibility, it's all true and the company just wants the money.
But then the losses will be even greater among the client base.
ARK:SA - only beginners, idiots and the most stubborn fans will buy.

And one moment:
If this is true, then why ARK:SA?
Why do we need an Ark remake?
After all, there will be ARK2 ..
Judging by this logic, ARK2 will be a completely different game that will not compete with ARK:CA.

I try to understand, but in any case, I only see stupid solutions - no matter true or false.

There's some parts that look suspicious to me, but i think most of it is true

The delay for ark 2 is expected and not a big deal, I'd rather it get delayed than rushed. That being said, I do agree with some people that the lack of communication is disturbing, we'd all like to know more. The remaster going from free to paid isn't surprising (though don't take my lack of surprise for me condoning it), the real insult is that you're expecting me to pay for the DLC's all over again? I can't think of a single remaster that did this. Witcher 3 included DLC, even Activision and Bethesda, two of the greediest companies around did better than this with the Skyrim remaster and zombies chronicles. I would have considered buying the remaster for the mod support and other upgrades, but there's a fat chance I'm buying it now.

• Thanks 1

I have WASTED 7 years  playing this goddamn game just to be told we shutting down official servers?!!. I just bred Carchars and Andrews having endless NON sleeping nights to trade with others and WC just SHUT IT DOWN and FORCE us to buy a non existent game and then CHARGES us for a REMASTER of Ark one on UE5?!. SERIOUSLY!!!?. I have not even completed end game in Ark one yet!!!.... Well that's me DONE with this game after almost 32k hours!!. You will NOT see a PENNY of my money ever again!. Many other games to move onto ;)..........

Edited by RealLioness
  • Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator

I would be willing to bet ASA is released right along with the animated series. 

The only way a company would do something this stupid (looking at you SWG) is if they know or are betting they bring in 2 new people for each they are going to lose. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

just a snippet 

To clarify: the UE5 tease a couple weeks back is referring to in-the-works complete free upgrade/remaster of ARK Survival Evolved in UnrealEngine5. Not a cinematic. We havent officially announced the ARK UE5 upgrade yet 'cause there's other major things we wanna show then as well
Quote Tweet
Community Crunch 345: A Day in the Life! https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/articles.html/community-crunch-345-a-day-in-the-life-r2045/

http://web.archive.org/web/20230401012055im_/https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fm9fmM1aYAAAJCr?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Replying to
Hey how will this work on official servers ? Would official servers need a wipe with the upgrade?

Replying to
Save data will carry-over, no wipes will be required.

This hurts!
There should only be a very small fee to absorb the initial launch of the game.. 19.99!
then map packs should be broke down as some maps people dont grind them all...
WC... you have a damn good game! Make the survivors that DID ascend proud my guys.. 

The grind is real: i remembering spawning in on island then dc'd so many times i deleted the game. Then came back as rag was still being discovered... missed alot of work because i was taming gigas... How do you tell you boss that? Right? 

Thankyou for the good times and hard times as people that enjoyed the game.. 

BUT PLEASE: 
Balance the damn maps element drops decay rates harvest etc (val is my main...so ill rant there);
Vanilla drops on valguero for instance/
Water could be opened up in a few areas to abyss.. keeps people from blocking the entrances
Put the alpha wyvern on the map for milk please
Ab area reapers come on you can do it
Broodmother chills in the redwoods for no damn reward but a compass blueprint
Allow some type of system to protect individual map resources thats needed for the grind as i am tired of hearing about my pillars on the beavers dams... as people spawn in/plop a yurt down/ and ruin the poop out of the resources

really just take a poll from the community about the items each map has and enhance if your devs see them as legit... 

thankyou survivors for the grind and some closer then others: love ya but ya smell... keep surviving in the ASA 

Welp, guess I'm done with ark now. I'm not buying a new console AND a game I already paid for AND all the dlcs I already paid for, just for none of my years of past progress to be carried over.

This is shameful. You said it'd be free upgrade, everyone would get it, and progress would carry over. Now it's paid and content from the 1st game is gonna be drip-fed into remake, everyone has to start over, and anyone who doesn't have a brand new console or good enough pc is just left behind. Not to mention, you are wiping out official servers and killing off the people who stay on the old version. AND you are forcing people to buy ark 2, which despite its long development time, hasn't had any gameplay shown whatsoever. I doubt it exists at this point.

If this is some pathetic attempt at a joke, it's not funny and whoever's idea it was should be fired. If it's serious, then you just lost a ton of players, and deserve that loss for intending to take away so much time, effort, progress, and money from the players thatve kept this game alive so long despite your incompetence and the game being a broken mess. 

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, TheMoschopsGuy said:

Actually, they said they're gonna update ARK AS with new content. Also, there will be changes that may be small or very impactful.

yes and them QOL changes should already be in arkSE not getting thrown into ark ASA and getting charged for ..... the very impactful stuff is crossplay / paid mods / and ue5 water / bushes (woot) the rest is almost cosmetic.

3 hours ago, margifish said:

'non canon' maps means Ragnarok, Center, Valguero, Crystal Isles, Lost Island and Fjordur.

yes, but when will each release, if they wait until all the tames from each story map match the ones in the non-canon then we will just have the centre for a while, then rag, and ages until we get lost isles or fjordur back