Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

2 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

I hope instead they change idea about shutting down official

Sorry but i think that's is a normal Process when they bring a Remasterd Version of a Server Base Game , take down the Server for the Old Version and give new ones to the new Version ... also they say you can get the Savefiles for a Privat Server when you will play Ark Se and not ASA 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

14 minutes ago, Anubis190 said:

Sorry but i think that's is a normal Process when they bring a Remasterd Version of a Server Base Game , take down the Server for the Old Version and give new ones to the new Version ... also they say you can get the Savefiles for a Privat Server when you will play Ark Se and not ASA 

Sadly since they won't be updating SE after June, the save file won't do us very much good. how often do things break in Ark? (often) and with no updates the private servers won't last very long. We have had one in the past. Plus, not even going to mention single player since it just doesn't have the same vibe or other people. As much as I will miss our dinos.. the save file is more like a snapshot of what was. And will never be again.

Edited by Sativa420
clarity edit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anubis190 said:

there is a reason why we have client and servers: to decouple code. Server should not totally care about your graphics engine backend. graphics computations are never done on server for games.

there is no reason to literally kill an entire game for another that it doesn't exists yet and that will not get magically all players buying it and playing it on new servers ( that will face just The Island and MAYBE Scorched Earth).

Until ASE is still profitable (ie: it sells well) they should just keep the server running. If we have too many servers running than let them make a serious server review and allow players to migrate from unpopulated servers to close to others. Goddamn, this is done even on monthly paid subscriptions MMOs!

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

In my opinion this was a bad move on Wildcard's part. You've just alienated and closed off a massive portion of your fan base, which in the long run will cost you money in the end. The only thing that you've successfully done is drive away your loyal fan base that has been with you since 2015. I have spent over $200 on three accounts buying all the DLC's and the main game so my family and I can play together as well as with friends thatI bring over to introduce to the game which brings you revenue. After your announcement about the road map of ark, I am no longer going to be a loyal fan and the thousands of people that I've talked to feel the same way. The only thing that you actually done was cost yourself the money that you're trying to make. How can you loyal fans trust you that in another five years when a new Unreal Engine is released that you don't do the entire thing all over again. We cannot!!!!!!

I could have understood having to just paid the money to purchase the new game coupled with the new release of ark survival ascendant, but that should include all the DLC's for the old ark game. But charging for the original game along with the new game that hasn't even come out yet and has had three years of delays is totally unacceptable. Not to mention now having to rebuy all the DLC's once again. On behalf of fans everywhere your company has signed its own death warrant.

Edited by Tawodie
  • Like 3

.... ha scritto: 
Ce ne sarà un altro? XD 
Sia community che crunch?

hmmm actually right observation.... Comunity has now had the culmination of disappointment from WC...

even if hope is in vain, we still want to hope for April Fools' Day (at least they take it as an excuse to announce a few steps back about what they decided to do).

If they remained firm on their decisions, it would be correct to announce a first backup of rescues for the weekend following Easter (or the end of the month for example), so that anyone has about ten days to reorganise/group their current things and organize their Clusters immediately (it would also give some time to organize them, remaining in contact with the people of the servers of origin during the movements of the same); and then the second block of saves when the Servers are closed. <-- This is for those who have now lost the desire to continue but would only wait for these months of "only refresh timer" to at least get the save data.

The basic problem remains that the Survivors on Console (both XBox & PS) will not be able to download the first or other Save Data except by renting their own servers (paid for each single server); however, I think that if they released the Rescues immediately: within a month we will see hundreds of Servers emptied whose Players have already been able to recreate their own clusters with what they had worked hard for and with Friends&Against, soon several Official Servers will have ZERO daily accesses for a whole week and they would also have justification for being closed immediately, as a consequence of things (and now also thanks to our choices) the really active servers in five months would be very few on all platforms, personally they would deserve to have the possibility to remain active (..regardless..) but then we can also think of compromises and alternative solutions for us.

--- the transition to NextGen is certainly a great step, I find it correct however not to completely cut out those who "grew up with us" on PS4-XBoxOne at least in the Original ARK:SE version (""don't mention the fact that it's on sale in Store without any notice of closure of the Servers""), if my hypothesis that giving the first Backup Data now will lead to a "natural" emptying of most of the Servers of all platforms, the situation in five months would allow the maintenance of a minimal part of Servers (for example a Single Official Cluster of only two maps per type = 24 x 2 PVE/PVP = 48 servers) in favor of a recovery of 99% of all the others, I'm looking at the Server Official Pve screen + Pvp of XBox which counts 2381 + 57 Legacy and I assume the same on PC and PS therefore saying it in round numbers on 7500 Servers active today, being able to leave 150 active on the three platforms is equivalent to only 2% (I bet that even if it were 15% it would be a good compromise for everyone), not least considering that ASA will start with only two maps (TI & TheCenter, the others later as it is going on the Switch, right?) and let's combine it with the fact that ARK:SE suffered on the stability of the Servers, I suppose that in ASA it would be recommended to open only "a few but good" ones and not many and buggy ones...

--- The other problem caused by the closure of the Serers concerns the transfer of everyone's years of work: yes, this is precisely one of the two daggers that hurt!! What's the other dagger? well, anyone who already has ARK would be happy and proud to pay an additional fee for an upgrade of our game, anyone here spends ten (even twenty) dollars to further "enhance" those already spent on the game and DLC, always at provided we can maintain our current progress, I bet it would also spur our advertising to new Buyers added to all the expected others. It is evident that (with the will to do so) there is certainly the possibility of solutions that are comfortable for everyone (WC & Community & ARK) but the choice is targeted, such a hard cut of legs can (?) financially achieve the goal in the short term term

.......but you have created a Community of almost a Decade......now ready to support you in evil for good for as many years........

are you really preferring the income (? maybe?) STARTING "YOU" AGAIN FROM SCRATCH and with "let's try to inflate today's portfolio rather than maintain an investment with solid foundations" mentality?

-----> What I hope is that at least EVERYONE OF WC has read every single response to this CC <---

just a sample about shutdown official is hurting for real your community and potential costumer: the Official PVE server where I mainly play since almost 3 years (and I wanna remember: 2 accounts with full game, season passes included) was always in the last 6 months in the top 5 PVE official ranking according to metacritics (and so not counting EGS playerbase): we went for being the first or second ranked official PVE server according to battlemetrics to be like the 71st or so... in a week. And despite this there were still new players joining last night wanting to start playing and not aware you will kill us all in August (but hell, the steam page advertise ASE still as an mmo game).

Edited by darkradeon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, darkradeon said:

And despite this there were still new players joining last night wanting to start playing and not aware you will kill us all in August (but hell, the steam page advertise ASE still as an mmo game).

Only thing we can do to help these players is to keep the Steam reviews up to date and tell them to not start on official right now if they want to keep playing. Gladly will change the review again if Wildcard decides not to kill all official servers in August. My PVE Server is only full of newbies right now, too. Regulars just logging in once a week to keep the base alive. Me as well. Not going to breed anything if it's dead by the end of August. (yes I know it's only pixels, but they're MY pixels.)

• Like 4

UNREAL GUYS  WC you are unbelievable.  Shut down the servers to force game play on a game that we already own. Can't wait.  Look forward to it. Can't wait to log into another game and have the memory hit me of this epic launch idea.  Why bother with the saves though? You could've charged for those.  Gotta think through for the cash grab. Look forward to the fire. Sorry folks but if you played Ark for any length of time you know this isn't a surprise is it? 

Wow! I am super excited! It's everything I wanted. ARK1 in Unreal 5, cross platform, I am just blown away. It doesn't bother me that it's a paid upgrade. It's fair. Who expects the developers to work for free anyway? I was never really too excited about the plans for ARK2, but I will give it a chance.

Anyway, thank you Wildcard! This is amazing!

• Facepalm 4

The entitlement of some people in this thread is staggering. Just because it's a remaster/remake doesn't mean that it's for free. If you feel like the price is too high, wait until it goes on sale 🤷‍♂️ I can't wait to wipe my current ARK server and reload it with ASA. Yes it means starting from scratch, but with the new graphics I want to start from scratch and experience it all over again.

• Facepalm 7

On 4/6/2023 at 2:15 AM, PacoTheCrazy said:

This comment is referred to everyone blaming WC for this.

The cause of the problem is not WC but the shady publisher of ark Snail Games that is know to milk cash form games and just abandon them when they are no longer worth the trouble. Some examples of those milked games published by snail games are Atlas, Dark and Light, Last Oasis and PixArk to name a few.

To clarify Snail Games is just forcing WC to monetise ark as much as possible because it is one of their last sorce of revenue, as all the other games they have published died off completely or are just not providing enough money.

That's literally the purpose of a business, making money. 

Thanks Wildcard, seems nice but I'll be sticking with my dedicated cluster for ASE.

At least until we see some ACTUAL content.

This double-back on promises made before you understood the scope of the engine overhaul is just poor foresight and sad.

Good luck, I've seen companies shoot themselves in the foot before but this is above and beyond.

Ultimately, I'm more disappointed than anything since I've stuck with you and Ark since Alpha days. I've championed this game and got several friends to buy it, but will NOT be encouraging ASA or Ark 2 based on this update. ASE was a unique and fun game, and that is where I will stay.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 1:15 AM, PacoTheCrazy said:

This comment is referred to everyone blaming WC for this.

The cause of the problem is not WC but the shady publisher of ark Snail Games that is know to milk cash form games and just abandon them when they are no longer worth the trouble. Some examples of those milked games published by snail games are Atlas, Dark and Light, Last Oasis and PixArk to name a few.

To clarify Snail Games is just forcing WC to monetise ark as much as possible because it is one of their last sorce of revenue, as all the other games they have published died off completely or are just not providing enough money.

I think WC holds some responsibility in this too. From the beginning they have operated from a grey area. WC kind of wants the old gamers to leave so they can bring in the new pay-to-play gamers, sell them skins we earned PLAYING THE ACTUAL EVENTS FOR YEARS. All Dev's, not just WC lack creative thinking to make MT's that are useful services to gamers. It's always just skins/cosmetics... I for one need goals to work for in games. I don't mind paying for a service that provides function for the players like no decay timers or better paid servers. 

Best they could do in 8 years is;

-The rifle still doesn't reload properly. 

-Lose more dinos/gear to crashing and transfers than playing the game.

-Characters progress lost in transfer.

Gamers have been offering paid subscriptions or types of MT's for years. Instead, they want to reset character progress and pay to play the 3rd time around. That's not Snail. That's all WC. All the personal real lifetime we invest in their product is just a 'game' to them. I question if I will support this change. Maybe just finish the game before Aug and then post how much I get done Not playing ASA over the next 8 years of my life. Go back to no commitment gaming. 

Just ask yourself this before you download ASA and invest your money and priceless time. 

Should I get (or finish) a degree in 'insert passion here' or re-play a remaster over the next 8 years?

Which brings up, has a remaster ever saved or renewed a games player base for years to come, aren't they just short-lived trips down memory lane?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madlax1972 said:

The entitlement of some people in this thread is staggering. Just because it's a remaster/remake doesn't mean that it's for free. If you feel like the price is too high, wait until it goes on sale 🤷‍♂️ I can't wait to wipe my current ARK server and reload it with ASA. Yes it means starting from scratch, but with the new graphics I want to start from scratch and experience it all over again.

The literal producer of the game said it was going to be free you self righteous koont. You need only look at Jeremy Stieglitz's twitter page. Get all the facts before you come in swinging at everyone else.

• Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, Madlax1972 said:

This 'entitlement' that you speak of is not staggering it is natural human reaction, firstly WE were told it would be a free upgrade , that changed kinda obvious, HOWEVER the frikking price and closure of current ase servers is a kick in the nads, too much for a game we ALREADY own and the dam dlc its virtually the SAME price as ase right now lol and all its getting is a 'few upgrades and a facelift' (of which HOW MANY of them will make it in august????).

Plus you joined 1 hour ago to stoke the flames of entitlement I see ..... its much more than that, really much more, WC and snail could have added something else for 'us' to spend money on to have a profit incoming heck skins shop etc think fortnite / rust etc, and if u have read all 25 pages then you would defiantly have understood the anger / reasoning behind all this from the players, an mmo will try its hardest to NOT kill its fanbase whereas here we see the opposite.

Or I am arguing with a bot lol

• Like 4
  • Haha 1