Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Didimc said:

I don’t see anything about PS5. Will ARK2 be available for the PS5? Is it for sure ASA will be available for PS5 in August? I can’t believe my son and I are the only PS5 players out there, I really wish I could get an answer,  good or bad from the people building the game not the people speculating. Please 🥹

They specifically said ASA is being released for the PS5. It’s right there in the crunch. 

This comment is referred to everyone blaming WC for this.

The cause of the problem is not WC but the shady publisher of ark Snail Games that is know to milk cash form games and just abandon them when they are no longer worth the trouble. Some examples of those milked games published by snail games are Atlas, Dark and Light, Last Oasis and PixArk to name a few.

To clarify Snail Games is just forcing WC to monetise ark as much as possible because it is one of their last sorce of revenue, as all the other games they have published died off completely or are just not providing enough money.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Didimc said:

I don’t see anything about PS5. Will ARK2 be available for the PS5? Is it for sure ASA will be available for PS5 in August? I can’t believe my son and I are the only PS5 players out there, I really wish I could get an answer,  good or bad from the people building the game not the people speculating. Please 🥹

Ark2 will be out on PS when the PS6 is out. Two more yrs minimum for XBOX/PC release. 1-2yr of exclusivity and content work and another 1-2yrs for a PS version just like Ark1 took to be on PS4. So, yeah...

I still remember their subsidiary stating Atlas would release on PS and PS5 would get next gen Ark upgrade like the Xbox 2yrs ago...never happened. 

To clarify Snail Games is just forcing WC to monetise ark as much as possible because it is one of their last sorce of revenue, as all the other games they have published died off completely or are just not providing enough money.

I have to disagree. When you make a deal with the devil for money, you can't be considered blameless afterwards when s** hits the fan. They're joined at the hip for many years now and profited quite alot. They both share the blame just like they share profits, but you don't blame individual people who are not the leadership decision makers in both companies

Edited by KingOfAshes

I think I speak for the majority of the players when I say: I wont buy it. It can be difficult to determine the value of a game without experiencing it firsthand. Relying solely on plain words or reviews can be risky, as everyone's tastes and preferences are different. And even if the game is going to be good and full of wanders, I would still reconsider  buying it, especially the DLCs which I already played and finished them. I wont pay for the same thing twice just because you would add 2-3 new items or 2-3 new dinos for that DLC. I really hope you that you watch the comment section and every youtuber of Ark that exist, because nobody, really nobody is happy with the decision you took.

• Like 1

People, Grow Up.

Yes it sucks the upgrade was initially mentioned as free but is now charged, yes not everyone may like Ark 2, outgrowing old systems sucks, etc... However, this is all a bunch of impulsive wildfire rage without deep thought on it. A company especially one owned by another needs profit function and ark hasn't monetized anything new in almost TWO YEARS since Gensis part 2 because survival of the fittest has existed forever even if they did recently start adjusting on it. Something had to happen eventually if they were going to keep providing.

The Charged "upgrade"

If you read in full detail they are NOT just porting the game over to UE5 entirely new features are being added, this is new work, which oh boy the team in charge of needs paid for. We're going to be able to keep our progess across platforms, the water and foliage is being revamped, rendering is being improved, Anti-cheat is expanding to cross platform, they're also reaching out to/helping modders adjust to ASA so that WE don't have to wait weeks to months for those mods to be converted. This is also just what they've told us about, and keep in mind some of this needs done for EVERY map, half of which are FREE because the FREE maps we've been getting are the NON CANON MAPS. 

They're literally giving us ark 2 and it's closed beta for TEN DOLLARS for a year after the launch of ASA, which means currently by PLAN ark 2 will be obtainable for that same price for a while after official launch. Which means they'd be losing money on either ASA or ARK 2 when someone decides they like both.

Also the DLC's minus Gensis are a discount because each was launched and sold on it's own initially but now like they did at the end of initial ark they're bundling them for ASA, for the same price they once sold them alone for. 

It's also pretty clear their intention is to bring Ark Survival Evolved into the future as the "real Ark 2" picking it back up properly, while Ark 2 is Ark 2 in the same way Back 4 Blood is Left4dead3. However, if people keep up this path, all we're going to do is lose Ark likely because they won't be able to afford to do it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 7

Let me see if I can put this full price update in perspective for all the Ark fans out there. Ark survival evolved came orinn March 2015 (according to Wikipedia) give or take. Other popular games in 2015 were:

Witcher 3

COD: Black Ops III

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Mortal Kombat X

Final Fantasy XIV

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Now how many of you folks have had to pay full price for an updated version of those games? And how many of those updates let you take your original character with you?  I am fine with paying full price for a new version of Ark. Let Wildcard make some money on a game I have enjoyed for years. 

• Facepalm 3

I kind of expected the closing of servers as they did with the first rendition by I had thought it would be during the release of Ark 2.  Like others, prior to the first time they did this, I put many hours/days of work and sleepless nights building up what I had.  Now, once again, Wildcard is simply wiping away mints and years of work and enjoyment.

I've been loyal and supportive, 2 paid accounts both with all the paid DLC's.  Simply giving me the server files so I can continue to either host my own servers and play alone isn't cutting it this time.  I don't paly Ark to play alone, if I wanted that I would have never began to play ark in the first place.

I've owned Conan since it released and never got to play it because of the time I had invested in Ark and the enjoyment I received.

So now I'm re-installing Conan to give it a chance.  Reasons?  Well, now I have to buy ARK again and the DLC's I've already paid for?  I can understand Wildcard doing this on Ark 2 drop, but not for a game I haven't seen yet nor will even know if I like what they are doing I Ark 2.

Don't get me wrong, I knew this was coming once Wildcard started looking at Ark 2, and I knew time in this current development was on a count down click to go poof like the previous.  What I didn't expect is for Wildcard to do it this way and to cause this mess with their loyal fan base which I might add, looks to be bailing on Ark.  I may be one of them.

Good going Wildcard!

23 minutes ago, JoEllen said:

Let me see if I can put this full price update in perspective for all the Ark fans out there. Ark survival evolved came orinn March 2015 (according to Wikipedia) give or take. Other popular games in 2015 were:

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Mortal Kombat X

Final Fantasy XIV

Now how many of you folks have had to pay full price for an updated version of those games? And how many of those updates let you take your original character with you?  I am fine with paying full price for a new version of Ark. Let Wildcard make some money on a game I have enjoyed for years. 

I have 13600 + gametime in the ark. I restarted whole game 4 or 5 times.  So yes. My favorite game. But i feel this is  hustle. So yes. I restart again, but in single player.  I played earlier in legacy server. Left that, becouze anything happened wildcard said to me "Legacy deprecated server, not her jobs" Ok, then i started again. The difference is,  more people play that server, and official more lagg then Legacy. Nothing more.  I tryed to play gen 2 servers.  All gen 2 server is trash. 10-16 hrs offline from 24 hrs, i reported countless time, nothing changed. Moved to one gen2 to other gen 2 server, i dont counting alredy how many time. All of that is a lot of trash.  UE 5 need better computer then UE 4.  Gen 2 needed a little bit stronger computer, then other maps, and they computer crashing.  Then what can i waiting with UE 5 servers? 24/24 offline?:D  And i dont sayed yet, to i cant see the point of it to buy. I restarting, playing until 1 or max 2 year, then ark 2 releasing, and UE 5 ark 1 servers again, shut down, and they speak to you. Sorry guys, but this will be better. Ark 2 will be better then ark 1. So buy again, and play again.  So no.  I love the ark. I will love forever, i will play in single blayer.  Good luck to WC.  Us I can see, many player will buy again, so everybody can learn from WC to how can we clever business. 

32 minutes ago, JoEllen said:

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Mortal Kombat X

Final Fantasy XIV

You REALLY havent kept upto date with the majority of feelings in the room have you?  its not that they are forcing us to buy another game (the same game with shiny bits) AND the DLC ... its the horrific WAY they have forced it upon us AND the overpriced cost of it all - AND after all this will they even maintain asa after (if it comes out) ark2 ??? this was THE final nail in the coffin of BS and lies that we have been fed for years from WC / Snail, its simply too much now for anyone that had a flicker of hope to carry on holding their torch with any confidence - ADD to the fact they ARE STILL SELLING arkse with NO WARNING of closure of official updates / servers its a helluvah shady practice.

I could go on but if this wasnt enough then there is no changing your perspective.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JoEllen said:

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Mortal Kombat X

Final Fantasy XIV

PS NON of these games are anything like ark in content / player progression.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoEllen said:

Witcher 3

Fallout 4

Halo 5

Mortal Kombat X

Final Fantasy XIV

Every game you listed as examples are sequels, ASA is nothing more than an expensive face lift. 

• Like 2

https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers?source=twitter_share_button&utm_source=twitter&share=ac5a7708-5cca-4997-9752-51f8be0a6b91

• I don't understand what kind of people are you? what are 5 euros per month? a maximum of 2 and then a lot, you yourself then estimate 5000 people for 2 evra is already 10000 evra, for such money you can rent so many servers and half will remain.. you impose problems on yourself for the future..

•  
Edited by Bonuscraft

7 hours ago, KittyUlna said:

People, Grow Up.

Yes it sucks the upgrade was initially mentioned as free but is now charged, yes not everyone may like Ark 2, outgrowing old systems sucks, etc... However, this is all a bunch of impulsive wildfire rage without deep thought on it. A company especially one owned by another needs profit function and ark hasn't monetized anything new in almost TWO YEARS since Gensis part 2 because survival of the fittest has existed forever even if they did recently start adjusting on it. Something had to happen eventually if they were going to keep providing.

The Charged "upgrade"

If you read in full detail they are NOT just porting the game over to UE5 entirely new features are being added, this is new work, which oh boy the team in charge of needs paid for. We're going to be able to keep our progess across platforms, the water and foliage is being revamped, rendering is being improved, Anti-cheat is expanding to cross platform, they're also reaching out to/helping modders adjust to ASA so that WE don't have to wait weeks to months for those mods to be converted. This is also just what they've told us about, and keep in mind some of this needs done for EVERY map, half of which are FREE because the FREE maps we've been getting are the NON CANON MAPS. 

They're literally giving us ark 2 and it's closed beta for TEN DOLLARS for a year after the launch of ASA, which means currently by PLAN ark 2 will be obtainable for that same price for a while after official launch. Which means they'd be losing money on either ASA or ARK 2 when someone decides they like both.

Also the DLC's minus Gensis are a discount because each was launched and sold on it's own initially but now like they did at the end of initial ark they're bundling them for ASA, for the same price they once sold them alone for. 

It's also pretty clear their intention is to bring Ark Survival Evolved into the future as the "real Ark 2" picking it back up properly, while Ark 2 is Ark 2 in the same way Back 4 Blood is Left4dead3. However, if people keep up this path, all we're going to do is lose Ark likely because they won't be able to afford to do it. 

And this is your first post on the forums .... bot or REALLLLLLLLY naive i am not sure .... IF for ONE MINUTE you think WC can and will MEET ALL THEM DEADLINES AND 'NEW' UPGRADES then boy oh boy you are in for a HUGE SHOCK LOL not been cruel or disrespectful just letting you know WC has NEVER met one deadline / release date as yet since its release - let alone included ALL of the bells and whistles it is touting for the 'facelift' .... 

It is also the entire principle and delivery of this information and hereafter lack of any response to the playerbase which has made us annoyed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the time Ark 2 gets released, Unreal Engine would be updated to version 6 lol.

As for Ark 1 remastered. I understand both sides of things. Will I get it? Nope, not until I see it's release version and see the reviews on it. I honestly do not trust Wild Card anymore. They do NOT have any good QA team, hell current Ark 1 is still bugged... for a PS5 user, Ark Ascendent, 40$ for Island, plus 20$ for the other ones, then another 20$ for the rest if not for all the other ones...

I feel cheated to some point, but I don't care anymore...

Good luck, with respect.

Regards,

Moose

• Like 1

The best thing WC could do: EVERY ~2 years release FULL PAID beautiful (like im sure WC can do) DLC like Aberration or Extinction in UE5.

This could be best for us players and for their $$$ money.

FULL creative DLC BASED on ARK 1 included

- new beautiful, polished map
- new dinos
- new original boss
- new engrams
- new story
- new mechanics (just like Nemeless/Radiation/Reapers Queens in Aberration or Orbital Drops/Titans in Extinction)

And then do good stuff like:

- Good community crunches
- Dino TLC's
- New creative events
- code improvements

AND FORGET ABOUT ARK 2 - WE DONT NEED IT!
OR AT LEAST DO IT WITH US - Ask what we need it ark 2
We can help you make best game

• Haha 2

Why is everyone scared of August? 

Wildcard has never hit a release date with ark, ASA probably won't get launched until August 2024 or later and Ark 2 will be sometime in 2026 after the newest consoles launch.

Also why talk about boycotts.  The player base have defended every shady thing WC has done over the past 7 years.  ASA will sell like hotcakes.

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:04 PM, Karrade said:

If UE5 is the reason Ark 2 is being delayed because its such "new technology". Which, btw does not have that many breaking changed from UE4. Then why is it you can release the Ark 1 remaster in UE5 in only a few months... The remaster which was meant to be free originally?

Because all they have to do is put it into ue5 but ark 2 is completely new and will be entirely different 

• Like 1