Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

6 minutes ago, ethantbk said:

I would like to know where mod creators stand on putting their mods on overwolf and players being massively overcharged for their mods for something that was free through steam workshop 

mod creators and youtubers are already fapping due the "multiplatform" (and so overwolf). Others that really loved the game and did everything for passion are quitting (just like the creator and only developer of ASM https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/1299gn2/leadonly_dev_on_ark_server_manager_and_conan/)

All this will kill also unofficial (and of course create gazillion of issues on official servers, just have a look ho badly Xbox and Microsoft Store users co-existed in the same clusters) for multiple reasons: unofficial is backboned on free mod support and no authentication issues.

Multiplatform may mean the end of the server runtimes and go in the EA-model like of unofficial servers, where you have to pay the publisher to rent your server, and this because Microsoft and Sony do not like 3rd party and individuals to fooling around with their authentications APIs (needed for multiplatform)... Unless they decide to leave PC/Steam server runtimes without multiplatform of course, but paid mod system still apply.

Edited by darkradeon

Well that says it all, Wild card has just announced we are not Trust worthy. 

Free upgrade to UE 5 - Hmm take that back no it $50 and as their is only 1 map so for an extra $20 you can play Scorched earth too.

i persosnally play with my 2 kids so for me thats $210.

You no longer can play on your Ark 1 server as we are deleting them all ...Thanks for your money just pay again.

You do get Ark 2 with this bundle at the end of 2021 nope 2022 nope 2023 nope 2024 Maybe. But we cant show you any game play, graphics, Dino's, structures infact we cant / wont show you anything other than concept Art Just take our word for it ...Hmmmm NO THANKS

Personally for me i would prefer to pay say $20  for the Ascended and crack on with that and possibly paid DLC in the future. As i think their will be too many changes to ark 2 and it wont feel like ark attall  and for alot of people will be disappointing  ( Mcdonalds released the big mac in 1967 and who dosent like a big mac now and again ) no need to change the game completely in my opinion

56 minutes ago, D1rtyharry said:

Free upgrade to UE 5 - Hmm take that back no it $50 and as their is only 1 map so for an extra $20 you can play Scorched earth too.

You no longer can play on your Ark 1 server as we are deleting them all ...Thanks for your money just pay again.

You do get Ark 2 with this bundle at the end of 2021 nope 2022 nope 2023 nope 2024 Maybe. But we cant show you any game play, graphics, Dino's, structures infact we cant / wont show you anything other than concept Art Just take our word for it ...Hmmmm NO THANKS

Personally for me i would prefer to pay say $20  for the Ascended and crack on with that and possibly paid DLC in the future. As i think their will be too many changes to ark 2 and it wont feel like ark attall  and for alot of people will be disappointing  ( Mcdonalds released the big mac in 1967 and who dosent like a big mac now and again ) no need to change the game completely in my opinion

Yeah, I think many people missed that although Scorched Earth is available on launch, you still need to pay an extra $20 for that pass to get it.

Ark2, I still firmly believe it's not the technical aspects of UE5 that caused the delay but rather a realisation that the design doesn't work well and needs two yrs of re-design from the ground up. Despite the title, the description makes it sound like a spin off title and who knows what it will look like at all by release. Even they don't know really. 

Also, they're touting a lot of fixes/features/asset upgrades for ASA in the roadmap to sweeten the bitter pill. However, how much trust can you place on these being delivered and well functioning based on their own premise that the technical aspects of UE5 prevented them from releasing ARK2 and that they'll use ASA as a test bed. 

If ASA is only 5 months away, wouldn't you go out of your way to show actual gameplay and features rather than tiny teasers to try and convince customers of how good it is to swallow the proposed price gouging and that it's worth it?  Or will it be a buggy mess missing most features at launch and the excuse will be ''well UE5 is new but don't worry we'll fix it and add the features further down the line like we did Ark1, trust us guys!''.  

Four creatures (possibly the runner ups of the competition) and a map for a paid DLC already sounds  more like a community map like Fjordur rather than any previous paid DLC. In other words very lacklustre by comparison.

All I'm saying is you can't trust any promise without backing evidence and certainly can't trust any time scales at all in the road map. Best not to hype and wait for actual actions and evidence. Flashy trailers like 2042 etc and teasers just won't cut the mustard. They have to show the real deal, the gameplay and features.

Edited by KingOfAshes
  • Like 1

They would show gameplay for ASA if it existed.

The only way ASA would be out by August would be if they were showing gameplay already.

Therefore...highly unlikely that it's being released in August ..I suspect a desperate attempt to calm the outrage. I do hope i'm wrong though. 

Edited by faderide
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Aaaaa lala wildcard   comment se tirer une balle dans les pieds tous seul et comme un grand    mais WC dis moi ton atlas soit disant merveilleux était pourri jusqu a la moelle ainsi que tous ce qui est sorti après ark1 et la y a 1 remasterisé qui pour ma par vous donnera l occasion de foutre en l air le peut de chose qui tien la route sur ark1 et et et ark2 que perso j en ai rien à foutre et je n en veux pas comme beaucoup de personnes et vous pensez qu on va acheter vos jeu alors que vous n arrivez pas gérer votre 1er jeu et que vous avez foiré tous les autres     du coup ces messieurs vont littéralement nous couper l herbe sous les pieds après toutes ces heures de jeu, d elevage... d emmerde, de lag et de rollback dans la gueule infiniment merci de plus vous osez chier sur le peu de gens qui vous soutienne sur  le peu de communauté qu il vous reste mais bien jouer du coup    j appel au boycott de tous les nouveaux jeux et produits de chez WC jusqu a nouvel avis de leur part    ps part chez nous WC est une abréviation pour désigner les toilettes   hahahahah on sait où vous allez finir

Where is the Easter Event ???

Eggcellent Adventure begins on April 3rd, bringing this full event to players on Nintendo Switch for the first time.

WC can't even launch regurgitated content on time. 

Not even going to say anything about Ark Ascended or Ark Survival Second ( ASS for short ). Everything that needs to be said has already been stated, people are unhappy and WC is completely out of touch with their community.

Edited by Trikky
  • Like 1

Considering how many comments are here, this will likely be white noise, but I wanted to at least have my say.  The elimination of split screen is going to be the end of my Ark gaming.  Currently I have 2 last generation consoles that my husband and I use to play on a private server.  Split screen was never awesome, but it was a way we played locally until we got the second console.  But now, to play Ark Ascended, I would have to buy two next gen consoles.  I would like to to try to new version of the game, but it gets boring solo very quickly. I can’t afford two $600 consoles just to play one game.  And that’s on top of the need to purchase the remastered version, expansions, and Mods.  It’s just too much.  

I’ve been playing Ark since Beta.  This game speaks to me in a way that no other game has. I’ve seen the highs and the lows.  I bought the box set with the dossier and all the fun extras.  I’ve been there and donated to their Extra Life charities.  This game was life for me for so long.  But this new announcement is really the final nail in the coffin.  And not just because of the split screen.  It feels like it’s not worth it to continue playing.  Mostly because it seems like they are drifting further and further away from what the fans want.  Dark Souls like combat for Ark 2?  Nope.  That’s not Ark.  That took the wind out of my sails in a way that nothing else did.

I still have that Ark server.  Might be time to say goodbye.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, DrikanRedFox said:

Ark 2 in 2024 I can deal with. Having to re buy all the dlc and buy the upgrade...........  the worst part is you guys selling it cheaper to Playstation that's bullpoop. 

Technically your buying/preordering Ark2 for 10. While PS players are W....T....F will we pay just 10 too whenever it finally releases. 

I think you meant to say you would like separate option too?

Ark2 I'll buy when released but I'm sure it won't be 10 for me on ps

Edited by Coyal

19 minutes ago, DrikanRedFox said:

Ark 2 in 2024 I can deal with. Having to re buy all the dlc and buy the upgrade...........  the worst part is you guys selling it cheaper to Playstation that's bullpoop. 

Playstation users don't get Ark 2 included though lol. Xbox & PC users get ASA and Ark 2 for 49.99. 

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, DrikanRedFox said:

Try reading the roadmap first before making silly comments. 🤦‍♂️

I’m sorry you are determined to stick to your price. I said in a previous comment that I wasn’t going to buy Ark Survival Ascended because of the toxic PvP players, but I have more reasons now to not buy it. I just found out that Snail Inc is a China based company who answers to the CCP. What makes you think I am going to pay 50.00 usd to have my data taken and given to the CCP. I never had any interest in getting Ark II. I don’t even play The Survival of the Fittest in any of its forms. And I don’t support this paid mod support setup. Hasbro and WoTC tried that with the D&D OGL 2.0. Their community rebelled against them too. How many mods has this game’s developers taken and made official? This is literally setting mod creators up to be robbed. If the developers see something they really like, take it, make it official and leave the mod creator with nothing. How many mods have become obsolete over the years? Think of all the great mods they have already taken and implemented as official dlc or tlc. 

To my fellow survivors, you must break this addiction to Ark and move on. This whole roadmap stinks of bad business and the stench of it is most foul. Don’t give in. 

Snail INC is an American subsidiary, and a joint-stock company on Nasdaq, which is controlled somehow  by the PRC company Snail. Money and so data transactions are done through stores (Steam, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo etc) and the relative countries location. You don't pay the games to give data to the CCP.

Edited by darkradeon
  • Haha 1

been waiting to see if any word on this but still radio silence i see.

ive been thinking, that i seriously do not trust that ASA will even be released on time. as others have said, where is the gameplay? where are the teasers? do we even have any evidence at all? i hope they put out something next crunch. hopefully something that isnt more empty promises.

so what, are the servers going to shut down and then, oops! sorry everyone. you have to wait until december for ASA when conveniently sales will be higher? i dont trust it at all.

Edited by Addock
clarifying ASA*
  • Like 1

What concerns me is that anyone could, right now, hire an attorney and create a company called "Studio Wildcard". Additionally, they could trademark the game called "Ark 2" and "Ark Survival Ascended". 

The way the law works on patents, trademarks and copyrights is that you can "improve" or "add to" any of them and get trademark/copyright approval in the United States. It's first to file.

It's pretty obvious to me that Wildcard (if that's its real DBA name) is giving itself an out and back door in case this new Ark 2 fails.

Oh, by the way, the CEO and one of the founders of Wildcard, Doug Kennedy, recently quit and went to a new gaming company called VoxPop Games. He is their new Executive Chairman.

"To clarify: the UE5 tease a couple weeks back is referring to in-the-works complete free upgrade/remaster of ARK Survival Evolved in UnrealEngine5. Not a cinematic. We havent officially announced the ARK UE5 upgrade yet 'cause there's other major things we wanna show then as well" (Twitter, Jeremy Stieglitz @jeremystieglitz, 23. Jan.)

Yea, Yea ... sure ... sounds great ...

"The underlying data structures of UE5 and UE4 are quite similar outside of certain features - though of course getting everything to migrate 100% is a process. But much of underlying nongfx technical work had already been done for ARK Switch port which brought codebase to UE 4.27" (Twitter, Jeremy Stieglitz @jeremystieglitz, 23. Jan.)

Ah... that sounds worth 50 bucks, ain't it?

*siiiiiiiiigh*

Ah... sorry yeah... we all were reeeaaaaaal dumbos ... ARK2 is 50 bucks and the ASA is free ... oh how generous ... then please sell us both separately ASA 0 bucks, ARK 2 50 bucks ... thats fine.

But for real, the proposal from @slejo sounds reasonable:

Maybe think about it. I think especially for players that allready own the game the 90 bucks are a hard slap in the face - even with ARK2 included. I don't like souls-like games, so I would pay for a game that I won't play. Or the other way around I pay the price of 1 1/2 AAA titles for a repolished version of a game I allready own - sound not fair to me...

Edited by Khalesh

• Volunteer Moderator
28 minutes ago, gonsec said:

Oh, by the way, the CEO and one of the founders of Wildcard, Doug Kennedy, recently quit and went to a new gaming company called VoxPop Games. He is their new Executive Chairman.

I've seen that he joined the other board. I've not seen that he quit WildCard. Source?

• Volunteer Moderator
15 minutes ago, Khalesh said:

Maybe think about it. I think especially for players that allready own the game the 90 bucks are a hard slap in the face - even with ARK2 included. I don't like souls-like games, so I would pay for a game that I won't play. Or the other way around I pay the price of 1 1/2 AAA titles for a repolished version of a game I allready own - sound not fair to me...

Read my other posts on the subject. 

7 hours ago, D1rtyharry said:

Look into Family Share Settings. You don't have to buy it 3 times for the consoles in your household. They don't make this very clear because people just pay for multiple accounts and installs. You get 3 profiles linked to share the live and all games purchased from the main account.

917 Comments on Facebook
1859 Comments on Twitter
545 Comments on their Website
839 Comments on steam,
551 Comments on Youtuber Jade PG (video)
865 Comments on Youtuber Nooblets (video)
222 Comments on Youtuber IGN (video)
1289 Comments on Youtuber Raasclark (video)
1310 Comments on Youtuber Kira (video)
+ more
5% positive, 95% negative aprox

and still nothing from wild card? smh....

Edited by Snowh
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, ChillinVillain said:

Look into Family Share Settings. You don't have to buy it 3 times for the consoles in your household. They don't make this very clear because people just pay for multiple accounts and installs. You get 3 profiles linked to share the live and all games purchased from the main account.

what good would that do if they want to play say.. together? which my family does. Family sharing doesn't cover that.

• Thanks 1