Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, slejo said:

Your confession is like a game changer to me. One of the hardest fundamentalist become apostate.
Welcome to the club!

BTW. Im still love Ark franchise, Im still play Ark, Im still believe WC is able to do great things. I just dont believe Snail games.. All started to get worse since they came. And they came (correct me if im wrong) after Extinction with Atlas. Wildcard Studios have true geniuses when it comes to game design but this artists deserve to have better management imho.

Well I'm not a torch holder for the company, never have been. I love the game and I enjoy working with WC and offering my time to help with the forum. I understand software development and I understand a lot of what and why they do things. 

But this is business. Bad business. I speak up when I smell something. If you go back far enough you can catch me bitching about Scorched Earth before I was a mod.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 1

The transparency is appreciated!! It might be a little disappointing that the game release got delayed, but not nearly as disappointing as it would be if Ark 2 was released in a bad state. An ambitious project like this takes time to do properly, especially with a small studio. Take your time!! We ark players are here for the long run :) 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, KingOfAshes said:

Plus, I see a lot of content creators defending the $50 price as effectively getting two for one while avoiding the obvious fact that PS customers pay 80% of that price for one game(how's that math working?). And lastly that the vast majority of the console Ark customers do have the old consoles and are being shut out. I'm sure if they could have afforded it and it was possible they would have upgraded and will now be left behind. 

Pft to content creators, they are bound to be bias towards this being ok as they dont want to lose their audience!

"Hey guys this isn't that bad as it seems and WC are a good company so go out and play the game and watch my vids for tips and gameplay so I can make money from your stupidity erm I mean generosity"

Edited by ancojo

9 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

I bet they'd finally address the player base disapproval to this idea by saying how much they value our feedback and after consideration they're a "generous gods" and they might drop requirement to rebuy DLCs again. They'd also say how much to listen to our feedback. Typical meaningless PR stunt from the game studios or the publishers. 

But let's be real people, this is also know as boiling a frog in a pot slowly (but I guess Wildcard decided to pour boiling water into the "pot" instead). Presenting terrible idea at first, then present a bit less terrible so it'd be easier to swallow. That tactic is as old as the world itself probably.

This /\

However there is a bigger chance they wont even acknowedge the discontent and will bring out CC356 as if nothing ever happened!

• Thanks 2

As a veteran Ark player and someone who analyzes the forums, discords and Arklife in general, I have some idea what people would like from WC/Snails and giving affordable price suggestions:

1. Redesign Ark 1 to ASA UE5 and code improvements - free or small fee ~$2-3 per DLC
  2. Make then NEW full DLC in UE5 based on ASA - with new polished map (as you WC can do), new boss (not just add Dragon or Monkey), new dinos, new engrams (yes we need Tek Behemoth Ceiling), some new creative mechanics - i mean something in quality of Aberration or Extinction - $19.99 - $29.99
  3. Back to regular nice Community Crunches, creative holidays events, dinos TLC's - bring back life to the community
  4. Make PAID official server cluster connected to todays official cluster - Paid server $1/month/map
  5. Delay Ark 2 as much as you need.

And then 1) gamers should be happy 2) you have money

Edited by slejo
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

let me get this straight. some of you got like 5k-20k hours of game play for like 50 dollars... and you expected this to last perpetually? i mean they are still providing the saves. all your work is still there. you just don't get to use their hardware rent free anymore is all. you'll be ok.

this is not the problem .. no game lasts forever on the same engine ..... what IS the problem however is the WAY that they have done and gone about this - surely there was MUCH better ways than this pos they have served us ... heck even a 'small' sub would have been better (if the servers where better looked after)

1 minute ago, Duffmek said:

this is not the problem .. no game lasts forever on the same engine ..... what IS the problem however is the WAY that they have done and gone about this - surely there was MUCH better ways than this pos they have served us ... heck even a 'small' sub would have been better (if the servers where better looked after)

I will concede that point. maybe i am just a nihilist. i'm one of those unofficial scrubs :P tbh i'm not purchasing the new game because i am a linux player and the linux client wasn't updated for years.  i don't even know if their new anti cheat will be able to be disabled or if i can get it to work even. I think people need to not spend money on this company instead of complaining.  they don't really care we are here saying all this, they just care about those $$. I agree there were a million better ways of doing it. but the sudden 180 sounds like their parent company snail games sent down an order and they are following it.

• Like 1

I am GREATLY disappointed by this.... hours, YEARS even of everyone's time, effort, and hard work being destroyed.

If ALL maps arent available in the revamp, if our saves cant be imported to the revamp, if I have to start completely over and lose all the tames I absolutely love and worked so hard to breed and raise... I will not be playing Ark again, let alone buying Ark 2.

There has to be a better way, Wild Card. Do better.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

let me get this straight. some of you got like 5k-20k hours of game play for like 50 dollars... and you expected this to last perpetually? i mean they are still providing the saves. all your work is still there. you just don't get to use their hardware rent free anymore is all. you'll be ok.

Thats why WC need to make an offer for paid official cluster. With a good price considering bulk purchase. Not like you buy yourself from Nitrado.

• Thanks 1

All servers wipe? 5 years of work , dinos bases characters, etc. all wiped for a stupid graphic update? bye bye ark... worst decision ever .https://petitions.eko.org/petitions/save-ark-official-servers?source=twitter_share_button&utm_source=twitter&share=ac5a7708-5cca-4997-9752-51f8be0a6b91 already 5000 people signed in 1 week. good luck finding new people to play 

5 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

online servers will be wipe, all work will be lost

I've been playing Ark from the start and now have over 16,000 hours on the account, almost exclusively on Offi servers. Wildcard has always been very bad in terms of information and meeting deadlines has almost never worked. I am deeply shocked by the action now, everything that is being deleted was an incredible amount of work and that is not absolutely necessary for a graphics upgrade. If they need money they should just offer a DLC or start a pre-sale for Ark2.

And the fact that you're sitting there now and think you could stay silent and sit it out shows me that they don't care about us at all.

Edited by ArminPlugin

Well, I have so many beautiful dinosaurs that people gave me, and so many buildings and resources that took hours to get. I stopped playing ARK 1 because of this news, I even considered not buying ARK 2. I just want to do something to help. I don't want to lose my friends or buildings or dinosaurs. Please don't do this .

• Thanks 1

I am a Chief Information Officer and have been one for 25 years of a company that services Fortune 100 companies.   The last few years Wild Card has made some very bad business decisions.  Too much energy spent on things that were not the things that made you successful.  It is common when success comes, leadership fails to do those things that brought them their success.

1.  Too much energy, time making a cartoon

2.  Too much time and energy focused on the art and not the mechanics.

3.  Poorly planned hyping a  bleeding edge product in ark 2 that should have never been introduced as such before you had a handle on programming with it.  Meanwhile you keep playing with the art and not the mechanics.

4.  The #1 rule of business is meet your deadlines.  If you cant don't set them, don't hint to them.  Don't get your client base ready to buy and then bait and switch.  The client base would have stayed interested in Ark Evolved well into 2024 and then you could have started your announcements.  

5.  Nobody believes you.  You have missed too many deadlines.  Nobody believes you.  End of 2024?  Nobody believes you.  August 2023 for Ascended?  Nobody believes you.   Why should they.  MEET YOUR DEADLINES=EARN TRUST.  Earn the Trust and people will pay.  Only the unreasonable think that 50 bucks buys you an eternity of game play.

Unreal Engine 5 has been out since December of 21.  There should have been R&D finished by the first Quarter of 2022 and the determination to Bring Ark Ascended should have been made then and announced with a roadmap then.  You would not have had to rush the transition.  Now you ran out of time and it is obvious to everyone you ran out of money.    And now you are stuck between a rock and a hard place and you know it.  By the way get a PR firm to handle debacles like this.  Don't try to do it yourself.  You did a horrible job of it.  They specialize in these kind of disasters.  

Get back to what made you successful before you guys loose it all.

I love Ark and I still think you can do great things but get back to basic business and stop letting the creatives run it.

• Like 1

There is a lot of pain and anger in this thread..and rightfully so.

Everyone has their own vision on what Ark is and what Ark Ascended or Ark 2 should be. I'm not worried about server wipes , because i run heavily modded cluster servers for me and friends..but i feel it's a real crappy thing to do to those on official who have put in the time  and the investment to just lose it all.  I feel its a crappy thing to one day say the 'remaster' will be free and saves will be compatible ..to it will cost money and the servers will be wiped. 

I want Ascended for UE5 ..and the potential that comes with.. and I'd pay for that, just like I paid for the original..asuming that many bugs have been fixed and the mods would continue to be free. 

Ark 2..i don't even care about that 3rd person garbage..if i wanted that i would play Conan. You won't 'catch lightening' in a bottle twice. Just make Ascended be Ark 2.. 

..we all have our own skill sets, but i know one thing for sure.  Regardless of the 'price' of the mods, I will be 'getting them for free'..sorry..just principle...and know how. Why get mad, when I can just 'fix' the wrongs. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I will not allow myself to be wronged. ;)

Edited by faderide

Here’s the issue WC, I NEVER want Ark 2. Until you make it first person I will never play it - so why do I have to buy it to play Ark remaster? 

What will happen is this, people will cough up the money because they’re forced to but no one is rebuying the maps. Should have outdone the free maps with your paid ones - but you didn’t. 

I could play on the Island and Center for another 5 years. 

19 minutes ago, faderide said:

There is a lot of pain and anger in this thread..and rightfully so.

Everyone has their own vision on what Ark is and what Ark Ascended or Ark 2 should be. I'm not worried about server wipes , because i run heavily modded cluster servers for me and friends..but i feel it's a real crappy thing to do those on official who have put in the time  and the investment to just lose it all.  I feel its a crappy thing to one day say the 'remaster' will be free and saves will be compatible ..it will cost money and the servers will be wiped. 

I want Ascended for UE5 ..and the potential that comes with.. and I'd pay for that, just like I paid for the original..asuming that many bugs have been fixed and the mods would continue to be free. 

Ark 2..i don't even care about that 3rd person garbage..if i wanted that i would play Conan. You won't 'catch lightening' in a bottle twice. Just make Ascended be Ark 2.. 

..we all have our own skill sets, but i know one thing for sure.  Regardless of the 'price' of the mods, I will be 'getting them for free'..sorry..just principle...and know how. Why get mad, when I can just 'fix' the wrongs. I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I will not allow myself to be wronged. ;)

Nailed it. They really don’t get how poop Conan looks and feels. I want nothing to do with that for Ark.