Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

18 minutes ago, ancojo said:

What about those who are still buying the game not realising that officical servers will close in 4 months, it should be either taken off sale or a big red banner disclaimer should be added!

But if they do that how can they milk you for more money? Honestly this is one of those things the big ark content creators should be blasting onto the web to screw over the greedy bastards. It's too late for those that missed the window for a refund but every coin not added to their coffers from this point on hurts them. After all it can't have been cheap to hire on Vin as a VA, may as well make the process of paying him even harder.

• Like 1

So no one from WC gonna say anything? This is easy. They are out of money because ARK 2 is still being delayed and now they pretend we buy again the same game so they get money. But the worst part of this is "we have to delay ARK2 because UE5 is new technology" also "We gonna launch ARK Remastered in UE5 in 5 MONTHS!" Do you think we are that stupid? 

The only way I'll buy ARK again is if I can still play with my char and my base and dinos in ARK remastered. But if you gonna delete all my work in the game and still think I gonna buy it again...OMG I hope this is your end as a game company if all of this is true. How do you think we gonna trust you now? Are you going to delete again all our progress when you need money again so you can sell it again as a new remaster or whatever?. 

Who did in WC think this gonna be a good idea? 

I hope this is a joke but it doesn't look like it is.

And there are more. If ARK is still an unfinished game full of bugs...How many bugs gonna have ASA? 

The last thing I can say, WC you have (and now we can say you had) a community you didin't deserve. 

• Like 3

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

Nope, they posted this on the Ark 2 Twitter just a hour ago , it's not a joke.

"Not affiliated with @survivetheark"

That's a fan page. Has nothing to do with the company.  Nothing about that is official. It's just some dude on Twitter.

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Thanks 1

As I see it they're going to need to address this soon. Even if it's just fessing up and being transparent about things. I would be okay with them dropping an apology and bundling in those DLCs so we don't have to pay for everything again. As for the official closures, there was bound to be an upgrade some day. It sucks but mass server closures will never go well.

When addressing this I think there should be further clarification on the roadmap along with teasers of ASA and UE5. It's one thing to not have any gameplay for ARK 2 this year after it was supposed to release this year but to ask us to buy another copy of the game without a preview of that as well is definitely pushing it. I also want to know how cross-progression will work exactly and if unofficials will be able to turn that on as well. Communication is key here. Make us feel part of the process instead of leaving us in the shadows. There's so much anger in these comments towards how things are handled. 

Edited by Thalana
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, slejo said:

Im still waiting for official statement if its April's Fool joke or not.. because Im confused if i should now wipe out my 2 bases and dinos and free ~400 GB disk store. Whats the difference between me doing it now or Dev wipe in August.

It's not a joke.

• Sad 2

On 4/1/2023 at 12:31 AM, Low2 said:

being "poor" or whatever it doesn't matter the world keeps going new stuff replaces old stuff.  To make new games to upgrade, the old things have to go if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

It is literally the same damn thing. It's not NEW. It's updated graphics and all the bugs and glitches they SHOULD have fixed years and years ago in the base game. And you have to pay $90 for that, and only get it for a year before the next game? No thanks. Cash grab plain and simple. 

If YOU can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

2 minutes ago, GreatLakesGiga said:

Why is everyone so raptoring salty about servers getting taken down. It's a video game.🥱

Because it's years of our effort. Our successes, failures, memories attached to them. Year of connections, too - sure, I never interacted much with other players, but even I have a few near whose bases I'm happy to fly and see they're still standing, meaning their owners are still there.

Ark 2 Delayed till 2024!!! Battlefield 2042 was released 21 years early!!!!! Pull ya finger out Wildcard. 

But on a serious note, i feel for all u guys and girls who have put so much time into Ark on official servers building, taming and breeding. Helping others, creating Dododex, sharing knowledge. I've played for a year on official pve and it hurts to lose just a years work, but have met some lovely people along the way and seen a lot of cool creations. Big up the cool Ark community, the fan base majority are great people.  

Edited by Mrkunio
  • Thanks 1

On 4/1/2023 at 12:34 AM, Huntdad5 said:

I'm not trying to be that guy, I understand the ue5 move, and throwing it in for free if you get ark2 pre-ordered, or the other way around, but they always screw over playstation. You can buy the ue5, but you don't get ark2 with it, what kind of compa you does this, like DILO is this. Hopefully this is just an April fools hoke for psn, am I right? But seriously why Microsoft exclusive, and why will plastation have to buy ark 2 separately, fix this, and you will definitely have my buisness. Drop 80 on ue5, 40 for base, and 40 for dlc, then have to buy ark2, that will be overpriced at like 80, probably in the future, why,can I get a decent explanation without my post getting moderated.

Microsoft gives them the bricks they need to keep moving forward with ark. If Sony did they would get it as an exclusive. They aren't choosing to screw over Playstation. It's just part of the deal they have with Microsoft. Butch at Sony for not getting the deals Microsoft gets they're players. Not a wildcard problem at this point 

I would be absolutely thrilled if Ark II never came out as they conceive of it now.  

I haven't heard anything at all about that game that makes me want it.  It sounds  nothing like Ark, nothing like what I want and love out of Ark, and I can't begin to understand who they think this is for among the current player base?  

Update Ark for a new engine, fine, though poopty to the existing players who are getting wiped.  

Continue the story, great!  

Offer new maps and new dinos, awesome!

Finally fix all the f*$&ing bugs, outstanding!  

But try to turn Ark, a game about riding dinos and wrecking poop, into a "hard" souls like game is just plain stupid.  

This is Snail Inc. being shady as hell. It's not Wildcard. Snail also willfully lied to Investors in the last Investor Call.  Not only are they truly a shady company but what they have done is Illegal. I really hope that Wildcard can break free from them. I firmly believe that Snail are parasites living off of Arks Success while contributing nothing positive to it.  Wildcard deserves better than these jerks.

Edited by RealNomad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hope that Wildcard will show a gameplay trailer for ASA in the next Crunch because it's supposed to be released at the end of August. They should be able to show us something and please don't come back with concept art from Ark 2. Only show us something from Ark 2 again when it's gameplay

Edited by Anubis190
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AllOfTheAllos said:

Because it's years of our effort. Our successes, failures, memories attached to them. Year of connections, too - sure, I never interacted much with other players, but even I have a few near whose bases I'm happy to fly and see they're still standing, meaning their owners are still there.

In your opinion, when should they shut the servers down? Because its illogical to assume that they would keep them up forever. For me, I think they should keep them up until Ark 2 comes out. That way the players could have a more comfortable transition from Evolved to Ascended, and then Ascended and Ark 2 would run in tandem. However, no matter if they extend it or not, there's no way to escape the fact that the servers will shut down.

37 minutes ago, TimeBomb2003 said:

In your opinion, when should they shut the servers down? Because its illogical to assume that they would keep them up forever. For me, I think they should keep them up until Ark 2 comes out. That way the players could have a more comfortable transition from Evolved to Ascended, and then Ascended and Ark 2 would run in tandem. However, no matter if they extend it or not, there's no way to escape the fact that the servers will shut down.

I suppose my opinion on the matter (even though I'd really rather not think about it at all) is same as yours. After ARK2 is out, not before.

• Thanks 1