Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Ichbin said:

So is this Wildcard, or Snail Games? Coz I can't tell.

Based on WC's radio silence about it before and after. I bet I can guess who's running the show around here. If that's not the case, it certainly says a lot about WC.

Edited by Joebl0w13

I've been peeking at every Community Crunch for last 2 years. Everything that is happening here is a big lie that something is being done, that they are adding something, that they are working on something. The truth is that even this news is simply pushing the inevitable - further waiting for postponed things.

Has this company ever kept its word? Did they do something on time? NO! They keep making promises all the time.

I envy fans of other games that their developers care about the players of their games.

In my opinion we will NOT have anything new this year.. We will receive month before deadline information that due to the desire to create a better game, we need to announce new release date ... In the meantime, we will be shown spiders, tigers and immortal crunch filler - fanart.

Lies, lies, lies!

Edited by slejo

1 hour ago, ancojo said:

So much irony in this post I'm not sure where to begin!

Ok first I agree with everyone saying the decision to charge money again stinks, its all wrong but a post from another user explains why the decision has been made to rip the player base off again. Its been done by so many gaming companies in the past and people will still mindlessly pay again and again, theres a reason the term cashcow came about! WC have proven time and time again they are no different, they know there are far to many people willing to pay money again no matter how much they are mugged off, its why there are so many scammers out there! Charging whats basically full price and then charging extra for the DLC's is why NO ONE SHOULD BUY IT AGAIN! PLEASE DO NOT BUY IT! If you do then you have no right to complain as you are part of the reason they do this!

Ok on to your point about "Alphas" & "Anger" Frustration 100% but not anger and if you cannot see why then it shows your ignorance so I'll explain it a bit better just for you!

A solo, duo or small tribe joins an official server which seemingly looks low to no population only to be wiped either within hours or maybe if lucky a few weeks by an alpha or mega with nothing better to do or just scared that this small tribe will wipe their vast base and highly bred dinos if given longer than an hour to build! THIS HAPPENS ALL THE TIME, there is so much evidence of this it should be clear to anyone! What this causes is the player base to diminish each time this happens due to players realising that its pointless to even attempt to build on official anymore, this causes the servers to slowly die, WC see that the servers are slowly dieing which gives them a part excuse to be able to wipe servers due to no one using them. What part of this you dont understand is beyond me, its literally self defeating! It also proves the ignorance of the playerbase on Ark PVP now.

PVP as explained so many times by some far better than me does NOT mean kill everyone and everything. You build a community to keep servers alive. Imagine if players were allowed to build up and more people joined, more servers fill back due to more players coming back, it makes it harder for WC to wipe those servers for good, the exact opposite is happening daily so its obviously part fault of idiot big tribes that decisions like wiping are made. "Empty servers" Its why Ark when first released was so good, people understood to a point that having high pop servers worked.

Ok now some of you are anoyed that you will loose all those hours you put into breeding etc, I have one question:- How long do you expect WC to keep servers alive? Forever? it was always going to come to an end but I admit the time given is disgusting! Some of you also think that you should be allowed to take all that work over to ASA! All of the above shows why that would be a major mistake, bring out an updated Ark just for cretins to kill servers by not allowing anyone to build on them, yea no thanks!

The only way I can see for the above to happen is to cluster the most populated servers, say anything with an average of 10 players over the previous month (there are far to many empty maps or low populated ones to port them all) and then port them over but not allow them to in anyway affect new servers, make them legacy if you will! You get to keep your hard work for longer and new updated graphics but are not given the opportunity to crossover any characters or tames to new servers. This keeps the old player base happy and the new player base atleast get a chance to build up without dipsticks with level 450 dinos wiping their wooden bases!

Money decision WRONG on all accounts!
Decision to wipe in part correct but in part wrong for obvious reason but hey its only a game and it doesn't matter! Isn't that true BSM! You know who you are 😁

So no not anger but frustration! Reasons why above :)

Wait you fail to take into account is that not everyone just up an quits after getting crushed on a server. Some simply move to a different server or try again because its part of the game's mechanic or simply out of sheer spite. You're using your frustration at a practice that existed long before ark (rookie crushing) to say that it's a contributing factor when in truth it's not; wildcard has simply always been run by incompetent buffoons. New servers with everyone is essentially reset to zero won't change the issue you harp on because eventually they're either going to build back to where they were before or someone else will. The difference you fail to take into account there between those alphas and Timmy the new kid is that the alphas will know exactly what to rush to get back up to speed while Timmy will still just be learning you have to forcefeed narco berries to things to keep torpor.

Well, I'm never going to buy another wildcard product. I've lost trust in them. This is hilariously bad.

At least I can be at peace about never touching any of their stuff again. I'll just enjoy OG ark and not worry about any other pathetic decisions this imbecilic company makes.

What an absolute disgrace.

Edited by scubadivingmaui7

Been here since the beginning through the good the bad and the ugly... ugly.. eventually I was able to get a dedicated server PC so the wipes don't really effect me. I'd be really hard up if I was playing on official's and everything is wiped. They offered a provision but it isnt the same. Not to crazy about bundling the 2 games either.  I am by no means a souls fan so the fact the game is headed in that direction makes me really uneasy for if I want to get it or not.. BUT now it looks like I'll have to get it because of the U5 update. I'm very curious to see what kind of specs are needed to run a full dedicated server in U5... and if the ASM will support it, or a new ASM will pop up. 

3 minutes ago, tylander said:

Been here since the beginning through the good the bad and the ugly... ugly.. eventually I was able to get a dedicated server PC so the wipes don't really effect me. I'd be really hard up if I was playing on official's and everything is wiped. They offered a provision but it isnt the same. Not to crazy about bundling the 2 games either.  I am by no means a souls fan so the fact the game is headed in that direction makes me really uneasy for if I want to get it or not.. BUT now it looks like I'll have to get it because of the U5 update. I'm very curious to see what kind of specs are needed to run a full dedicated server in U5... and if the ASM will support it, or a new ASM will pop up. 

ASM developer just quitted man.. https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/1299gn2/leadonly_dev_on_ark_server_manager_and_conan/

1 hour ago, DraconX3 said:

Didnt know this till today but Wildcard has been owned by Snail Games, a Chinese company, since 2015

Theres all the info you need to know, explains the anti consumerism practices right there.

How sad
I hope the backlash burns good.

Yes and they let the people in their country pay them (Snail Games) for hacks and special benefits on foreign servers.

Now I'll be honest, I'd be happy to support things added to Ark 1, like if you added that new DLC expansion mentioned into the original game I'd happily buy it. But this remaster situation is embarrassing and I'm not interested in buying, and I'm especially not buying Ark II, because we don't even have gameplay footage of it yet. 

But add new paid DLC to the OG Ark and I'd be happy to buy it and support you that way. This roadmap, however... this is not the way. You're just turning players against you.

Edited by scubadivingmaui7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've already ranted on here a bit, so I'm gonna step off after this, but I think there's one more point I need to make.

I was kind of interested in Ark 2 before this. It was hard to make judgments because we have no gameplay footage and basically no idea what it's about, but I was open to buying it when it did finally come out.

But after this betrayal of trust, I have absolutely no interest in buying Ark 2. Even if the Ark 1 remaster was at a REASONABLE cost, I wouldn't purchase it because it was bundled with Ark 2. You've destroyed my trust in you as developers, and thus any interest in purchasing further content from you.

Congratulations. You're actively turning potential consumers against you. This announcement will have the opposite effect you intended.

• Like 2

For me its clear that WC / Snail / Whatever Company is completly broken and we are now see disassembling of ARK. Yes its over, no one will wait FOREVER for Ark 2. And many, many big games are soon released. Its very sorry for best game ever - ARK Survival Evolved.

Best news could be to sell Ark franchise to some agile game company to continue this beautiful story.

2 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Wait you fail to take into account is that not everyone just up an quits after getting crushed on a server. Some simply move to a different server or try again because its part of the game's mechanic or simply out of sheer spite. You're using your frustration at a practice that existed long before ark (rookie crushing) to say that it's a contributing factor when in truth it's not; wildcard has simply always been run by incompetent buffoons. New servers with everyone is essentially reset to zero won't change the issue you harp on because eventually they're either going to build back to where they were before or someone else will. The difference you fail to take into account there between those alphas and Timmy the new kid is that the alphas will know exactly what to rush to get back up to speed while Timmy will still just be learning you have to forcefeed narco berries to things to keep torpor.

What part of this happens on just about every server dont you understand? So you think players will join a server get wiped and quit? Nope players will move to a different server only for the same bs to happen over and over again! Its why the running joke is trying to start to play solo or in a small tribe on official is a non starter, its more or less now impossible! Also what about new players who have no idea how toxic the player base now is, they join get killed try again get killed and then think nope this game is pointless! I'm not sure why you dont see this as a major issue? Ask yourself why there are so many servers with 0 players!

Ok one point I do agree on is that it will happen again  BUT the main point you miss is that when starting fresh bonds between tribes can happen easier making it easier for solos or smaller tribes to atleast have a chance to build and tame and breed, will you always get that toxic big tribe that will still kill anyone on site at the start? Yes but nowhere near as bad as alphas nowadays who are so scared of loosing their tames and base they dont give anyone a chance, well now WC are having the last laugh!

Why did you not mention anything about the empty servers and why they may be empty no matter the map?

Another point I sort of agree with is this "wildcard has simply always been run by incompetent buffoons." There will be some employees who see the issues but are powerless to do anything about it so tarring them all with the same brush is wrong. JS should have most of these issues aimed directly at him and there will be others involved who dont care about the player base, toxic comes to mind!

As for your Timmy comment it speaks volumes about how you think. You could have the best Ark playing "Timmy" ever to have played the game but even they dont stand a chance with the way some people play this game now, the social aspect has more or less gone. A tribe of 20 killing poor Timmy because they are more powerful and hes solo and slower is toxic plain and simple.

Anyway I noticed you failed to mention any of the other points I raise in my previous post? Why is that?

So they told us that they were going to give us one thing leaving all the original servers up and free upgrade which is extremely easy to do even satisfactory team did that and they have a way smaller team and instead now they are taking everything away from us making us pay all our literally years and hours of hard work for nothing for something that a good amount of us probably don't want the other game or weren't interested in at least not right away and also making it so most of the dinos that they just gave us literally just are gone and we don't have time to get to know the breeding of them get to figure out cool mutations and the new stupid giant bug is barely going to be on here for a month this is what they're telling me as the new system will not have any of the new creatures right away yeah I'm just hoping that somebody actually compiles all their evidence and some consequences are given to these people because wild card is being a world's best giant asshole and they deserve to have somebody actually go at them for all their bullpoop and lies

Already own 3 copies, just by myself. I'm not paying for what was supposed a free upgrade. I'm not paying for that wipe. And I am not buying a PS5, and I know a lot of others are in the same or similar boat. I am not okay with the lies- and I know it seems quite a few of other players aren't either.

I cut Wizards of the Coast out of my gaming in response to them being arses to their player base, I don't mind doing it here too. But I'm still gonna try to use my 'voice' so to speak, as this is a game that means a lot to a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. I don't have any number statistics but I really don't think that Wildcard splitting their player base like this is a great idea. It's basically a middle finger to anyone who dedicated hours on official, or believed what Jeremy said in January. A middle finger to all the new players still buying the game that's still for sale and to all the players on older consoles. 

If they had done like Mass Effect Legendary, and bundled all the DLCs (except the new one obviously) with ASA for one, more reasonable price than $90USD (basically) I feel like a lot of people would've taken that better. Shiz, even the upgrade to Skyrim wasn't that expensive. I think one of those was actually free. 

To everyone that is excited and able to to spit out the money for next gen consoles and the 'was originally going to be free' copies of the game; I'm happy for you. But not everyone is that lucky, not everyone is that privileged financial-wise. And not everyone can save the money from 'buying a coffee every day' to get the new version, as most (believe it or not) that are in this boat can't even buy a coffee every day. I know I don't spend money every day, I can't afford to. 

I know I've rambled a bit here, I tried to separate it out so it's easier to read, but I don't know what else to do except hope that this company will read through the comments and have a change of heart. Best of luck out there survivors.

Edited by StygianAngel
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Ownz1nR34LT1M3 said:

Wait so this wasn't an April Fools joke? (Puts down the Copium)

Edit. I missed where the Ark 2 Twitter said it's not not affiliated with ark and I edited my post to remove that information.

I do however, still stand by my It's not a joke statement.

Edited by TheTwistedKeeper

21 minutes ago, StygianAngel said:

A middle finger to all the new players still buying the game that's still for sale and to all the players on older consoles.

To everyone that is excited and able to to spit out the money for next gen consoles and the 'was originally going to be free' copies of the game; I'm happy for you. But not everyone is that lucky, not everyone is that privileged financial-wise. And not everyone can save the money from 'buying a coffee every day' to get the new version, as most (believe it or not) that are in this boat can't even buy a coffee every day. I know I don't spend money every day, I can't afford to.

These two points are massive! What about those who are still buying the game not realising that officical servers will close in 4 months, it should be either taken off sale or a big red banner disclaimer should be added!

As for the second point moneymen/women dont care if you can afford it or not they just want your money no matter what! Go out get a loan, go out and rob someone, go work countless hours but GIVE US OUR MONEY! CEOs and shareholders alike cry out for dividends and dont care how the money is made to pay for them!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, ancojo said:

What part of this happens on just about every server dont you understand? So you think players will join a server get wiped and quit? Nope players will move to a different server only for the same bs to happen over and over again! Its why the running joke is trying to start to play solo or in a small tribe on official is a non starter, its more or less now impossible! Also what about new players who have no idea how toxic the player base now is, they join get killed try again get killed and then think nope this game is pointless! I'm not sure why you dont see this as a major issue? Ask yourself why there are so many servers with 0 players!

Ok one point I do agree on is that it will happen again  BUT the main point you miss is that when starting fresh bonds between tribes can happen easier making it easier for solos or smaller tribes to atleast have a chance to build and tame and breed, will you always get that toxic big tribe that will still kill anyone on site at the start? Yes but nowhere near as bad as alphas nowadays who are so scared of loosing their tames and base they dont give anyone a chance, well now WC are having the last laugh!

Why did you not mention anything about the empty servers and why they may be empty no matter the map?

Another point I sort of agree with is this "wildcard has simply always been run by incompetent buffoons." There will be some employees who see the issues but are powerless to do anything about it so tarring them all with the same brush is wrong. JS should have most of these issues aimed directly at him and there will be others involved who dont care about the player base, toxic comes to mind!

As for your Timmy comment it speaks volumes about how you think. You could have the best Ark playing "Timmy" ever to have played the game but even they dont stand a chance with the way some people play this game now, the social aspect has more or less gone. A tribe of 20 killing poor Timmy because they are more powerful and hes solo and slower is toxic plain and simple.

Anyway I noticed you failed to mention any of the other points I raise in my previous post? Why is that?

I don't tackle all of your points because you're posting walls of text whereas I being the criminally lazy goon I am prefer quick and concise points focused on the things I pipe up on unless something really vexes me into dragging it out. I skim for the points of interest and generally disregard everything else unless explicitly necessary to address. Some people will quit and likely move to unofficial or simply drop the game but not all of them will. If even one person stays put then it's still a net positive, if the people that choose to quit miss the window for a refund then why should wildcard care? They have your money, they clearly don't care about proper server maintenance, consumer satisfaction, or bugs so why should they care about a low player count? The Timmy point doesn't show anything about my mentality, it's to highlight the issue that while some are getting up to speed with beginner basics the alphas will already be halfway through the metal era. The funny thing in all this is I don't even play official, I run my own unofficial server cluster. I just really dislike the idea of people losing their work and being told to double dip into their wallets to get the dubious privilege of doing it all again from zero. It's nothing like building up a base and having an alpha steamroll it since you can at least attempt to fight back and walk away knowing you tried, it's more akin to watching a meteor the size of New Mexico barreling at you and knowing you can do nothing. The thought of it disgusts me.