Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

I think its absolutely poop, this whole situation ark 1 will never be replicated, ark 1.5 i will not be buying as 1. Should be free 2. Should just be a update to ark 1 to give it what it finally needs after 7 years and ark enjoying recouping all monies invested of like 30 percent of ark 1 player base no pvp =a poope game i want a refund from my ark purchase when servers close thank you 

i mean i have no problems to buy again for ARK 1. I played this game now since summer 2015 and i got it very cheap. I payed a lot of money of other poop games and ARK was and is amazing. For the new engine and for the new stuff and also for a paket with ARK2 i have no problems to pay. BUT, when official Server will be wiped in august and we start under UE5 completely new its good for me too, BUT i will never collect all Notes and doing all missions in GEN1 and GEN2 again. it was not funny and i am not stupid to do it again and again...

19 minutes ago, KayHude said:

What I'd like to know (and have not read anywhere): What about the "compatibility" between Ark SA and Ark II? Will we be able to move our servers, maps, characters from the intermediate version to the future version?

If no: Why should I start anything on ASA?

This is the main reason most won't go to ASA. There will be no transfers to Ark 2, since that's a totaly new game with new maps and tames. And who wants to start over from fresh for a year or so, not when you have been building your stuff for years?

I can understand ASA not being free, and i would be willing to pay for that since it includes Ark 2 in the future, but i wll only do that if i can transfer at least my characters and tames to ASA. (Only as a one time transfer.)

• Like 1

there are many bad news in this roadmap that sounds like more like a death maraton.

for some is official shutdown when it was supposed to not happen

for others is to re-buy the game for an upgrade that was supposed to be free

for others is also DLCs will have to rebought

for others is even if you buy them all you will not be able to play them again until end of 2024

for others is paywall on mods

for other is the usual ARK2 or animated series delay

and if this is a bad April Fools prank: this is not a prank, this is just being masochistic since people are already quitting and destroying everything on official...

but hell, instead of promising stuff to withdraw few days/weeks/months after, do 1 thing at time and do it right @StudioWildcard

Edited by darkradeon

I feel like Studio Wildcard isn’t confident people are going to enjoy Ark 2. With so much focus on dark souls combat and primitive things. I think they felt like they needed to do an Ark 1.5 to keep people happy and keep supporting during Ark 2’s lifespan to keep the player base happy. I also feel like ASA should have been $40 for the game and all the paid DLC. Ark 2 shouldn’t have been bundled and been sold separately.

I am not sure how I feel about not being able to have all my singleplayer maps and server swithched over to ASA and still have to pay for the game and expansion packs.  I get that it isn't possible from a technical side, but it is still disappointing.  It will be fun to start over again some ways.   

Wildcard is promising so much 80 this announcement.  I hope they can deliver.  

Why did it take SO long for Wild Card to say ARK will be delayed? instead of showing us art of the game every Community Crunch they should just have given an announcement much earlier about it.

I Sure as Hell won't pay for the *new* game and the DLC for it !
Won't get ARK2 either. Wild card always do this. Delay things for months and even years!  always disappointing.

and shutting down officials sucks to.  The New version of ARK and ARK 2 will be full of bugs too. 

Wild card never fixed the bugs in the first game. And with every single update they did, there where just new bugs !

And we never got the breed able Griffins!  

Edited by Maria064

4 minutes ago, NovaSnake said:

I feel like Studio Wildcard isn’t confident people are going to enjoy Ark 2. With so much focus on dark souls combat and primitive things. I think they felt like they needed to do an Ark 1.5 to keep people happy and keep supporting during Ark 2’s lifespan to keep the player base happy. I also feel like ASA should have been $40 for the game and all the paid DLC. Ark 2 shouldn’t have been bundled and been sold separately.

There's no shoulds about it, the game director or whoever he is stated less than 2 and half months ago that this would be free and we could transfer. In that time it has went from "its free and you can transfer" to "its 90$ and you can't transfer anything"

Like lmao. It wasnt enough how you screwed the base with scorched earth huh?

13 hours ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

If it is it's a ducking horrible joke, hell this crunch alone told me not to buy the second game as they are nothing more then greedy liars. Things like this is how you lose loyal players & keep new players from sticking around for the *it's a joke post* . And if it is actually *just a joke* this tells me they are so out of touch with their playerbase that they would even thing this is funny. All it tells me not to trust a single word they say as they've proven they can't be trusted, and that's not a good thing. When your players stop trusting you & they lose interest in your game, no interst in your game and you crash and burn because of it.

On one hand, its a prank so lighten up a little. But on the other hand you're totally right. This is an absolutely idiotic prank to pull. So many people probably just deleted their game and will never look at another Community Crunch so they'll never even know it was a prank. The only way they could really save this is if today they're like "April Fool! ARK 2 Releases TODAY" and surprise everyone with the actual game or at least the beta

1 hour ago, YamSteve said:

I have mixed feelings about this like everyone here. Hating that I have to buy the game over again when I've bought the complete game and all the downloads for 2 separate platforms in the last 3 years since I started playing is annoying for sure. But, like many of us here, I know I'm gonna do it anyway, knowing full well I may not like Ark 2 and prepaying for it anyway. Sad to see the Official servers being shut down, but excited for the new. 

Here is my question to WC: Can we please have an option to transfer our characters and the dino's that people have been working on for years from official to private servers or single player? 

I feel this will possibly make you some more friendly faces for buying the new content. But hey this is the internet I might get roasted for having feelings 😆

Haha just kidding I now see the part of the post they said there would be a way to do this.  Lol too emotional earlier to see that. 🙃

11 minutes ago, ThievingSpring said:

On one hand, its a prank so lighten up a little. But on the other hand you're totally right. This is an absolutely idiotic prank to pull. So many people probably just deleted their game and will never look at another Community Crunch so they'll never even know it was a prank. The only way they could really save this is if today they're like "April Fool! ARK 2 Releases TODAY" and surprise everyone with the actual game or at least the beta

Lol, we all wake up tomorrow to a giant download and then log in to find everything exactly the same except much prettier :)

(not fussed about ark2 in the slightest but current Ark on UE5 tomorrow would be nice)

Edited by Luizza
  • Like 1

I for one am an early access player. When I saw the game with dinosaurs I immediately bought it, not looking whether my old laptop can handle it (it heated up to the point of steaming me, but it managed). I also played a long time primitiv+ where this mode was neglected a long time, logging into the map with 50minutes. Despite the fact that I later bought a computer typically under ark. And thanks to ARK I gained patience with lag, constant server crashes or server drops, time backups by several hours. Losing dinosaurs in 5 minutes that I couldn't tame for 2 weeks. But it taught me that there's no point in getting angry with games because it won't do anything. Ok. I spent about 8k hours in this game intermittently buying ark 3 times for myself and for my brother, played with friends from early access, many different emotional moments etc.  I learned a lot about dinosaurs, creatures I had no idea existed. i also learned foreign languages thanks to this game because it forced at least the use of English on me. I also remember the old ARK:Soft mode and many other things. Old events that were events and not a reheated chop for several years. It will never come back and I think those were the golden days of your game. But they passed, you do not listen to your players, what to change or intervene when the Asian community massively plays on EU/NA servers instead of their own. They block key sites e.g. Caves for their property gains sold on Ebay or other sites. And it takes 2 weeks to file a report and still complete it at a time where for me it's late at night, or the ability to disable the global chat option but not disable the other chat sections. nothing goes in this direction, you do not listen to your community. You promise some things that you don't deliver on. And then an apology on the forum and 20 times delays of the same product. Let's be honest, you guys will make it to the end of 2024 with ark 2 ? Didn't you get the years confused from 2024 to 3024 ?.  If something you set a goal for yourself would be accomplished in 1 time, no one from the players would rush you to do it. all these dlc were your initiative...

But to the point. ARK:1.5 which is supposed to be this revolution. To clean up PVE servers - official. I can agree with this. Everyone has teak bases, max dinosaur stats of practically all except carchasaurs and other latest, the game became boring and most players entered just to refresh the game.   A server purge, fixing some serious bugs, trying this UE5, would probably give a new freshness to ark:survival evolved. But it should be free (you yourself wrote that it will be free) now most as you can see for yourself takes the opposite result.  There is a mass of bugs that have not been fixed at least since the basic version of the game - DLC:SE or since DLC:Extintion. 
Do you remember the infinite stamina velonosaurus? I found my way a few years ago, without telling anyone about it and this bug works even today. Also you would take care of this type of bugs. but now I don't give a damn.

I for one am in favor of wipe pve official servers, just as years ago pvp received. It's just a shame about the hours, the sleepless nights to create a breeding line of a particular dinosaur (I mean carchasaurus and others). And in general, I see this franchise of yours this way (my original meme). Meme ->  https://imgur.com/a/Q6H3QKt

1.jpg

Edited by RidersOfNightmareDEJW
add https://imgur.com/a/Q6H3QKt for better quality my oryginal meme

All I can say is wow, when you think the developers cant get any worse boom hold that drink. So to summarise that bull crap ‘roadmap’ your basically saying we will

lose our characters, lose all of our tames bases the servers everything will be gone wiped 7 years down the toilet, however as you have played the game for 7 years what we are offering is for you to buy the same game again woth a better gaming engine and start all your progress all over again, pay to play the same crap a second time? No thanks, and on top of that your saying we can buy all the same dlc again that we already had before? Again no thanks, so who actually gains anything from This? As far as I can tell you stand to make money  again from people buying the same crap again and we just get to start all over again back on the beach with a spear in some boxers? No thanks, I won’t be buying ark 2 regardless but still think this is a massive punch in the teeth to all the people who have been playing this game since release myself included. 

at this point you should be giving everybody a refund for all the dlc they have bought that will be rendered useless once you remove the official servers, aswell as the price of the game that again will be rendered useless once you remove the officials, 

talk about game suicide don’t think wildcard have factored in the fact they lose about 75% of their fan base and players due to be pure greedy, the game is nothing without the fans the dlc is worthless unless people buy it. Your guys customer service and customer relations is so bad honestly, I’m the plus side at least 75% of us can go outside in the sun and touch grass for the first time in 7 years woohoo 

Edited by Greengold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is where our relationship ends.  You don't talk with us,  you expect us to fix your problems by paying you more money so you can continue to fly by the seat of your pants all the while promising things will get better and reminding us to "keep on surviving"  WELL!!!   I have survived (not lived) but survived for over 17k hours of playtime.  I have seen how you treat the player base, how you fail to fix issues,  not just for months but for years.  Honestly I don't believe you know how to fix  poop without creating more problems.  I don't think a new engine is going to fix anything if you dont know how to drive it!!!!!   which is what this boils down to.  You screwed up bigtime and are trying your best to cover it up and get more money to try and fix what you already broke (again)   *sighs*    I have trust issues with you  and everyone who has lost their trust in someone knows it is one of the hardest tethers to make strong again if at all.  I am angry, sad and unwilling to give anything more to a team that doesn't understand this  and is so disconnected with their player base.  So many people making posts here that clearly articulate your shortcomings,  they deserve  better  than the slap in the face you just delivered to everyone.  Shame on you....really.....Time has shown me who you really are, there is no love in the end.

• Thanks 3

The community’s support continues to be incredibly humbling and inspiring for the team, and that enthusiasm helps drive us toward creating the ultimate survival franchise.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to preface this announcement with this statement has lost their mind.  Did you all really sit around and decide this was a good idea? If this isn't an April Fool's joke then you are taking the statement "Wild Card fix your game" to a WHOLE NEW level.  Now you are asking us to pay dollars to play a properly optimized version of your game and you are putting all of the quality of life features that have been on your development plan behind a payment? Are you guys really not making any money from the servers people are paying for?  There wasn't even a mention of if current save files are forward compatible and can be ported into the new version of the game.  This is such a huge marketing blunder and meanwhile I was able to try out Diablo 4 just for buying a double down at KFC.  Holy F you guys were one of the Pride and Jewels of Indie Developers and I was hoping you wouldn't turn evil at least until after Ark 2.  You guys need to start thinking of your player base the way you would a logic loop controller.  Each time you have a step where they feel like they have to start over or literally have to start over, they go back to the first step which is "should I play again or not."  You are going to start getting a lot of No answers after this.

• Like 1

Looks like Ark:Survival Ascended will not only be a remaster of Ark:Survival Evolved but will also add some changes and maybe even new things.

Lots of people are pointing out that this was announced as a free update, but rebember that ,for example, they also announced Ark Primal Survival and that's never been released. Also, as i said before, it adds new things, and will be more like a new game than a remaster.

I think the price is fine. Xbox/PC players will get everything that Ark:SE offers but updated and Ark 2 at $50, when if bought separately they would cost  around $180. PS players ,like me, will get Ark:SA at $40,which is half the price of Ark:SE .(but if you want the OG DLCs too,you'll pay the same price for the original game, but that's still convenient, because you will spend more if you buy Ark:SE with the DLCs.)

I'm more of a singleplayer player, but i understand all the people who are protesting due to the fact that all Official Servers will be erased. Also, the fact that mods will be available for every platform is a very great thing.

Anyway i'm also disappointed that ARK 2 won't be on Playstation.

• Facepalm 1