Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Wait wait wait, the standalone Ark: Survival Ascended is forty dollars? Why? What is this absurd price? Ark Survival Evolved's base game costs half that. And Survival Ascended isn't going to have any new content.

It's going to include remastered content, sure, but that would lead one to assume the price is going to decrease not increase. Are they paying for all of the free DLC that's included? Because that content is free - expecting it to be paid for is absurd.

And why in the world are the Explorer's Pass and the Genesis Pass still two separate things? Let me propose an alternative pay model:

• $30 - Ark: Survival Ascended which includes The Island, all of the free maps, and Scorched Earth.
  • $30 - The Genesis Explorer Pass which includes Aberration, Extinction, Genesis 1, and Genesis 2.

Is this pricing model any less absurd? No. It's still insane to expect to sell a remaster for a price like this when the last expansion only released two years ago. This price is even more insane when you take into account the new DLC that's being made, but it's a lot more reasonable than $80 dollars. 

41 minutes ago, Malfor said:

scroll up a few of us shared a tweet from Jeremy and what he said on it

He made that post in January. And when replying to a comment on that same post, he also said that no wipes would be needed and save data would carry over perfectly.

So clearly, either he was lying; or at the time that was the case, but at some point over the past few months they changed their minds and decided why bother making it free when they could make money off of it.

Wow... some you guys crying about serves being gone and this and that get over it. They are trying to make the game better and push it into the future as well as it will bring in new players with better graphics and game play. Boohoo it's literally no different then anytime people have put 100's of hours into single player and we'd get an update and it completely wiped single player. Like it's $50 bucks. It's a drop in the bucket for games especially for games in ue5 most are 80 to 90. Look at the fact that they are building this game on a new engine and can go back and fix all the bugs that were in the core of the game that they can now fix that they never could before. And now we get better graphics and interactive bushes and water. Better movement. Like no poop it's gonna cost a few bucks to get an upgraded version of it. Everyone crying about drrrr I've played official for 6 years. Shut up. You guys don't even remember what day one on ark was when you had an Argent with rectangle legs and zero graphics. It's people with poop attitudes about wc trying to make the right moves to keep this game going into the future that will ruin it. You want to stay in the past because your little official server has you cool max level giga stay there then. Let new players come in and actually enjoy a fresh start in ark. With a new feel for it. It will be like 2015 all over again. Everyone should be excited where we got ark from where it was in the short time they did it. And now they have a chance to revamp the game completely and the actual core of the game and everyone is crying about it. And they are the same people that cry about the bugs they literally can't fix because they would have to redo the game from square zero. I just wish you guys would stop crying about everything they do and and "I'm done with wc" "you guys killed ark" nope. Just getting rid of boring people with boring opinions and poop takes about moving forward in life. So team wild card. You guys do you. He'll raise the price of the ASA base game to 99.99 I'll pre-order it. Add a cool skin set and I'll be happy. Can't wait to start fresh please don't give in to the people crying about buying the game again. Please don't sink your company for a few people. Make that bread and give us a dope game like you have been with ark 1. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 8

I'm not trying to be that guy, I understand the ue5 move, and throwing it in for free if you get ark2 pre-ordered, or the other way around, but they always screw over playstation. You can buy the ue5, but you don't get ark2 with it, what kind of compa you does this, like DILO is this. Hopefully this is just an April fools hoke for psn, am I right? But seriously why Microsoft exclusive, and why will plastation have to buy ark 2 separately, fix this, and you will definitely have my buisness. Drop 80 on ue5, 40 for base, and 40 for dlc, then have to buy ark2, that will be overpriced at like 80, probably in the future, why,can I get a decent explanation without my post getting moderated.

52 minutes ago, sharkboy397 said:

Wow... some you guys crying about serves being gone and this and that get over it. They are trying to make the game better and push it into the future as well as it will bring in new players with better graphics and game play. Boohoo it's literally no different then anytime people have put 100's of hours into single player and we'd get an update and it completely wiped single player. Like it's $50 bucks. It's a drop in the bucket for games especially for games in ue5 most are 80 to 90. Look at the fact that they are building this game on a new engine and can go back and fix all the bugs that were in the core of the game that they can now fix that they never could before. And now we get better graphics and interactive bushes and water. Better movement. Like no poop it's gonna cost a few bucks to get an upgraded version of it. Everyone crying about drrrr I've played official for 6 years. Shut up. You guys don't even remember what day one on ark was when you had an Argent with rectangle legs and zero graphics. It's people with poop attitudes about wc trying to make the right moves to keep this game going into the future that will ruin it. You want to stay in the past because your little official server has you cool max level giga stay there then. Let new players come in and actually enjoy a fresh start in ark. With a new feel for it. It will be like 2015 all over again. Everyone should be excited where we got ark from where it was in the short time they did it. And now they have a chance to revamp the game completely and the actual core of the game and everyone is crying about it. And they are the same people that cry about the bugs they literally can't fix because they would have to redo the game from square zero. I just wish you guys would stop crying about everything they do and and "I'm done with wc" "you guys killed ark" nope. Just getting rid of boring people with boring opinions and poop takes about moving forward in life. So team wild card. You guys do you. He'll raise the price of the ASA base game to 99.99 I'll pre-order it. Add a cool skin set and I'll be happy. Can't wait to start fresh please don't give in to the people crying about buying the game again. Please don't sink your company for a few people. Make that bread and give us a dope game like you have been with ark 1. 

This right here is BAIT and a very small opinion of a mass playerbase thats rather on the other fence .......

ps i was there at the start ..... 

• Like 3

WC be like "lets put it out there, if community react bad we pretend its a april fools joke, if they react ok, we keep mug them off... win-win"

I understand you guy need money to advance thru work, but look at other games how they do it, sell skins, sell new dlc`s, etc... you guys ask money for a game that "may" or not will be realeased at end of 2024 and I dont even know if I would like it or not... cuz if its all this missions genesis crap, ill defo not like it. Peace out... 

P.S. I still hope its a bad april fools joke

• Like 4

Wow, Wildcard has to know that 85% of this is a slap in the face right?? $90 for a game I already own and supported from launch... Forced to buy a game I might not want just to play it… Y’all trippin.

$20 for ALL the DLC’s from Scorched to Gen II, I might of been ok with… but $50 for the base game just to sell ARK II units is crazy… it should be $40 for base game $20 for ALL of the DLCs AT MOST. But when we were already told it would be FREE that makes it a lot harder to feel like we aren’t being taken advantage of paying anything for it…

plus YEARS of grinding just to pay to start it all over again… I like that ARK is being remastered but damn… Idek if I want to play it now.

• Like 1

if this is not a 1 april joke i say goodbye ARK

I'm not willing to pay the money for Ark, which may be so lagy again and the servers run so unstable

to which the old dlc come spread over 1 year and I have no desire to feed again baby dinos by hand

and to ARK2 I will not buy a game over 1 year in advance I do not buy the cat in the bag

vin-diesel-money-face.gif

Edited by pixel85

Uh... wow. This is... worse than I thought. 

After people supported you for all these years, purchasing all your DLC and expansions, you're going to charge them $100 AGAIN?

That's, uh, really scummy my dudes. You're basically making fools of the people who supported you through all the delays, bugs, and controversies over the years. What this has taught me is to basically not trust anything you put out, because I'll be punished for it or charged for it again. Maybe if you sold ALL the maps in a $40 bundle it would be more reasonable, but this is just gross.

So no thanks, I'm happy with my single player game as is and I'm gonna stick with it. I'll pass on the remaster. However, while I was interested in Ark 2, this is heavily convincing me not to go for it. You guys obviously aren't trustworthy. Even if I purchased Ark II and it's inevitable DLCs, you'll then release it in UE6 and ask us to pay for it all over again, while having UE6-exclusive story content just to punish us for not forking over another $100. 

I've tried to be patient with Ark and Wildcard's baggage for all these years, but this... is too much. I don't think I can buy another product from you... ever.

• Like 1

Is there a sure and certain guarantee that the cheaters: duper / mesher / aimbot, will be removed with this new Ark 1?

And that it can serve as a protection base for Ark 2?

Because in the state it isn't conceivable to repay the same game because it passes on another graphic engine!!!

because a very large part of the official pvp community isn't very optimistic about the fight vs cheaters on Ark 2!!!

If you guarantee us exlemlar protection/follow-up vs cheaters, you may have a chance that this news will pass!!!

Otherwise ^^

Edited by Ezek

ok  1 off new ark  survival ascended is going to be is own ark 1 not a  upgrade  or  a graphics upgrade  2 they can not bring  the old ark  that we got  now to ue5 is cord cod bas is full of bugs sow in stad of  going   fix the cod of a DINSOR that is ark 1  cod it is just sow esy to make new cod and put it on ue 5 in stad of going  throw yers of cod that had bug liveing in it sow ethere way  sum players will not  be made erther will  some will say ok  with that I say bring on a fresh new servers and  the new ue5 ty for reading 

Edited by kingblades