Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

This is absolutely frucking pathetic. First, just a couple of months ago, you said the next ARK 2 update would be gameplay, and now not ONLY is the game that was meant to release 6 months ago delayed by a year and a half, but the raptoring GAMEPLAY trailer is delayed by, at minimum, eight months. On top of that, but you lie about the UE5 update being free, but FORCE people to pay raptoring NINETY dollars if they want to continue playing ark 1 DLCs. But this huge expansive overhaul is supposedly coming in four months and you don't even have a raptoring trailer for THAT. How you scammers can call yourselves devs is astounding.

RIP Wildcard and all those associated with the studio. This crunch ended Ark, not the month of August. 
Imagine dismissing everyone's time and effort over the years, then trying to sell them a sparkly fresh slate like nothing happened. 
I have no idea who makes the decisions over there, but clearly they have no idea how to relate to their customers. 

39 minutes ago, Tw1gg1nz said:

Nice to know that I'm being penalized for being too poor to have a new console by not having access to the full story now. Screw me and anybody else with this issue huh? Can't afford a new Xbox? Well, I guess that means no holiday events, console mods or full story now. This is honestly up there with needing a boujee contract phone to have access to Overwatch 2 when it first came out. Actually, let's take that a step further, this is EXACTLY like Overwatch 2, it's the exact same game as the original, except now you get to pay for everything over again. How long is it gonna be before you take these similarities to the next level and just completely dump the first game off of the game store? Out with the old and the folks that could only afford it, gotta make room for that new-new money huh? You hurt me Wildcard, you cut me deep.

being "poor" or whatever it doesn't matter the world keeps going new stuff replaces old stuff.  To make new games to upgrade, the old things have to go if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Umber0010 said:

Well, I'm a bit disappointed that I'll have to buy the Remaster and the DLC separate. But honestly, 50 dollars for the remaster and Ark 2? I ain't gonna complain.

Not disappointed by the delay though. Why? Because I've been expecting it sense day 1. 

You also have to pay all DLCs again 🤡

28 minutes ago, b0ender said:

if i say what i think and wish for wildcard i will get banned

still theres a chance its aprils fool joke. it would be a bad joke but it would be even worse if it was a reality

That "joke" likely has people L2ing their best bps and dinos onto the floor right now.
This is not the sort of thing to make jokes about. If someone thinks this is funny, they need to take more time to read the damn room. 

We also recognize that ARK 2 has some pretty significant design changes from the original game, which may not make it as appealing to everyone (looking at you, Souls-like combat, primitive-only weaponry, and strict third-person mechanics – and an overall “very serious” tone), which is why we feel it is essential to provide players with a fully next-gen version of the original experience to ensure that fans can continue to enjoy the ARK they know for years to come.

===

I hope this is an april fool. I want PvP in Ark 2 and dont want a cheap remake with the same maps/creatures and a player base of 20 players. Then dont call Ark 2, make ASA the new Ark 2. And call the other one Vins Roleplay PvE Souls Adventures. Sad af. I want something Like ASA, but with as much work that gets put into Ark 2 and I dont want it to be called some weird remastered version, I want that version to be called Ark 2. Dont throw the PvP community under a bus... And having to pay for all DLCs again is literally scam, ASA gonna have no players because of the name and of the missing changes like Ark 2 gets. Lets hope its all an april fool.

42 minutes ago, PistolPappa said:

Guess they just lost alot of players not starting all over in ark 1 why keep playing to just lose it all in August waste of time thanks wild card time to find a new game to play

Its not only that, the fact that they basically add nearly nothing really new like in Ark 2, but still want the money, even if people dont want some weird Ark2 Vin Diesel PvE Souls Third Person WoE Game.

8 minutes ago, Low2 said:

being "poor" or whatever it doesn't matter the world keeps going new stuff replaces old stuff.  To make new games to upgrade, the old things have to go if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you.

I know that, but seriously, in all honesty, there is less than no reason to lock the rest of the story content and a new map behind a console sized paywall. They could release the story map and new creatures on the original version as well for people that can't or won't upgrade. I'm sorry that being broke is so far out of the scope of your comprehension that you can't understand why some folks are angry about this.

Let’s be clear here: if you want paid support for the upgrade of the current game, that’s one thing. But to make your current players purchase all of the content again at full price, that’s greedy. My best guess here is that Ark 2 is the big mess it sounded like it was gonna be from the beginning and you’re using ASA to make up for it when ASA should’ve been Ark 2 from the beginning. I won’t be surprised if y’all have to shelf Ark 2 down the line. 

Oh and thanks for PlayStation players’ $10 “discount” since they can’t access Ark 2 upon release. That’ll really make them feel good about your decision. 

Make ASA $40 including all current SE evolved DLC and maps. Release paid new content and maps going forward and your players will not struggle with the idea of purchasing the remaster. 

• Like 1

Thanks Wildcard for the time I got to spend playing this game, the gameplay was some of the best ever, but I dont fancy starting again with something slightly prettier. Frankly the game is a buggy mess, the support has been atrocious at best and the only things keeping me playing are the hours I've spent playing and the friends I've made along the way, some of which are still on a PS4. I don't see how upgrading the engine is gonna improve the aspects of the game that many of us have issues with.

Given the upgrade was meant to be a free upgrade to the already existing servers I think lots of players are gonna be a bit sour about the cost.

Hopefully this is actually an April Fools and NOT a studio destroying itself.

FREE it was supposed to be FREE!!! I have been playing since the beginning, I am so saddened by this. WC just crapped all over my love and loyalty for their game, and tried to make me eat it... I refuse. I was excited for Ark 2 I was excited for the remaster, I was excited for SoTF to be  a thing again.. Now I feel like an idiot for buying the first game, SE, Aberration, ... ALL the stinking DLCs.  I refuse to pay 90 bux for things I ALREADY paid full price for. You guys @wildcard are crooks. Truly. I cried. I'm done.

I'm not even super mad at the delay for ark 2 or the sunset on ark 1. I'm absolutely infuriated that to bypass the sales they'll lose on game pass they're forcing people to preorder a game over a YEAR in advance that will be on game pass anyway just to play an upgrade of the game they already own that was promised to be free. Hopefully this giant wave of backlash can talk some sense into the higher ups at wildcard.

This had better be an April Fools joke. Giving us a new creature in June only to wipe servers in August. Paywalling the remaster and then locking it behind next gen consoles while taking everything away from those of us who can't afford a new console. Did it not occur to you that not everyone has a Series X/S, or can afford one? Or did you plan on buying us new consoles yourselves

This is bullslag. Way to alienate your playerbase, Wildcard. If this for some godforsaken reason isn't a joke, you can kiss at least half the community goodbye, because there won't be any reason to continue playing if we're just going to lose it all

This has got to be a joke. Wildcard and Snail have killed the franchise. We all knew a delay was inevitable, even one as crazy long as this. I'll be amazed if it ever comes out. But to have the audacity to charge us for the Ark unreal 5 release and it's expansions, and tell people they have to start over after nearly a decade of time put in. It's disgusting. I won't be coming along for this anti-consumer crap. 

And when Ark 2 will come, you will close ASA servers too to free the space for Ark 2? 🤣
If all of that is not a joke, just trash ASA idea and keep what we already have.
Or you really think that many players would trade all they got through all these years in ASE for new graphics in ASA?
I will prolly not tell a big secret, but majority of people are playing with modified files and they will not notice the difference.
And if you need money so badly to keep working on Ark2, ask Diesel, or come to people and just say so, so some might donate or pre-purchase Ark 2 right away without all that bull****.

I really hope that this is an April Fool's joke with Ark and UE5, if not I'll be terribly disappointed.

I have no problem paying something for it, but that there will now be different Ark games.
One in UE5 and one old.
No, this is an appalling approach for me.

I hope that on April 2 will be said that it was just a joke.