Community Crunch 355: ARK Roadmap, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

Nice to know that I'm being penalized for being too poor to have a new console by not having access to the full story now. Screw me and anybody else with this issue huh? Can't afford a new Xbox? Well, I guess that means no holiday events, console mods or full story now. This is honestly up there with needing a boujee contract phone to have access to Overwatch 2 when it first came out. Actually, let's take that a step further, this is EXACTLY like Overwatch 2, it's the exact same game as the original, except now you get to pay for everything over again. How long is it gonna be before you take these similarities to the next level and just completely dump the first game off of the game store? Out with the old and the folks that could only afford it, gotta make room for that new-new money huh? You hurt me Wildcard, you cut me deep.

• Like 2

worse choice you all could have made, 1. shutting down all official servers. 2. making us repay for a game we already fully paid for. and making us all start all over again. 

this really shows that you all could care less about your loyal player base that has been with ya'll this whole time. you just spit in the faces of us all. 

i agree with the push back of ark 2. you should push it back till its the best game it can be, but continuing to milk us for money is just plain wrong, a lot of games offered free upgrades to new gen. and some games even allowed for transferring data. i can understand you can't allow for bases to be transferred. but but making us start from scratch with char and dinos is a bad choice. 

one of the ppl from your company posted that the unreal 5 upgrade would be free, and now we hear that we have to pay? really goes to show that there's no communication within your own company. 

it was already bad that half your GMs could care less, now you show as a company that you could care less about everyone. congrats you just lost over half your play fan base.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Lustatifer said:

But here is the thing...we still gonna buy it

Well, if it isnt an April fools joke in poor taste at our expense... yea its basically extortion to their ark junkie player base or fan boy whatever you choose to label the die hards. Very cheap tactic and reminds me of Dungeon Defenders Eternity the exact copy of Dungeon Defenders only optimized 😒

• Like 1

so hold on, you first go that this is an upgrade, which is great! because let's be real we all knew a delay on ark 2 was coming, and honestly, that's fine. I'm anti-crunch and take your time.

but then, THEN, oh now it's going to be 90$ to get the same thing, plus a product i might not want anyway, and if i don't want to upgrade... well tough for me, because you're shutting down the servers. and even if i had the money to upgrade, i STILL couldn't take the years of hard work that me and my tribe with me, again, let me know if I got any of this wrong.

on TOP OF THAT, now mods will be little paid dlc packs, because you can bet your bottom dollar that everyone is going to not make it a "suggested" payment or a "pay-what-you-want", it's going to be some cold hard cash... and you retain 50% of the profits. so you do nothing, load our system with more bloatware, and probably don't set a max price, and get paid for modders to fix your mistakes and pass the cost on to us.

again, TELL ME WHERE I AM WRONG.

I'm sorry, when did this become the EA forums, and when did this become The Sims 4?

• Like 1

I will wait one day to see if all of that stuff is true, it's already April 1st here in EU as some ppl pointed out. But if it is true then....RIP. I won't start all over that's for sure. Will be a shame to lose the community we build on our server. The bright thing on it will be me not spending my time on Ark every week anymore. So I guess...ahoy freedom?(sarcasm). Still hurts..

• Like 3

To summon this up:

• You are forcing us to buy Ark 2 since you will be shutting down the official servers for the "legacy" version of the game.
  • You already lied to us by claiming the UE5 update will be for free.
  • We have to start over again in the UE5 version.
  • We don't know how long we can play the UE5 version.
  • You never fixed bugs which are around since beta.
  • Basic features like blocking messages from certain players are still missing. - There are bots hopping server, which spam the global chat, with ads for shops that sell in-game items and creatures for real money.
  • The GM's literally have no tools to enforce your CoC effectively and are overworked and if I'm correctly informed work for free.
  • We haven't seen anything but screen designs from Ark 2 so far. (Have you even started working on it so far?)

If this is not a really bad April's fool joke you lost me @StudioWildcard! I've supported your incompetence and ignorance way too long.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Karrade said:

If UE5 is the reason Ark 2 is being delayed because its such "new technology". Which, btw does not have that many breaking changed from UE4. Then why is it you can release the Ark 1 remaster in UE5 in only a few months... The remaster which was meant to be free originally?

Because, if I remember it right, it's quite "easy" to port UE4 assets into UE5. They don't have to develop a new game: it's far less trouble and work.

That said, I didn't like the whole "pay everything again, and don't import Your several years worth of progress".

I'm ok with Survival Evolved and Ascended being incompatible - but we should be able to do a one way migration.

This is absolutely hilarious. I honestly expected the roadmap to come out 2 weeks late but the news inside was WC at its finest. Sunsetting survival evolved servers to make you get survival ascended to keep you busy while they dawdle with Ark 2077. They even threw a cheap jab at their own fans by saying they don’t support ideas that made Ark what it was. After the very first fear evolved debacle so many years ago the fan base should have seen this coming. I have regretted buying this game twice already and that’s shame on me but it won’t happen a third time. The relationship between developer and community for this game is entertainment at its finest!

I think it's a shame that they selling Ark 1 again with ark 2 wich comes the end of 2024 they say. 

But they delay it again by that time ,Wildcard master of Delay's ,but I think it's a shame that they ask money for the upgraded version of ark 1 and the dlc paying again for it ,I think they r broke and need money were the bank ,they think let the people pay for it again, and take official servers of ark 1 away so they have no options but to buy ark Ascended. it's sad but to put in 7 a 8 years in and just to get taken away for a remake of the same game NO NOT Again I just gonna play conan ,I,m done with WildCard.

So if we want UE5 or even the ability to continue playing Ark on official severs we have to pay another $100! This game already has so many issues as it is and we all kept hoping and supporting wild card and now we’re getting f***ed up the ass for being loyal players and supporters?! I am done with this bullpoop. I am deleting this game.