Transfering official pve servers - what to take for dino raids

Nuro

Hi

So ive started on the island map, official pve server.

I have been helped alot from players there setting up. I am wondering about transfering to other mapped servers for dino raids to get dinos that are not on the current map.

What would people take on such an adventure?

Im assuming its a basic style setup, but am curious what that would be and if there is anything i should be aware off, such as if i setup a trap, would i diamantle it on leaving etc.

Thanks in advance.

Really depends on what you plan on taming, my normal kit for server hops is;

Food, water and medbrews
A weapon (crossbow, longneck and shotgun with ammo and grapples)
kibble for tame (or a podded ovis)
Armor (ghillie for SE, flak for other maps)
Few structures (some dino gate, maybe foundation and walls)
A fast flyer, normally a PT.

But this is situational, like for golems you will need a cannon and ammo, or ocean tames you want scuba etc. or you could just go the boring route and take a tek suit and ele dust but that isnt my style. As for traps, i think its a good idea to demo a trap when you are  finished but most people leave 2x2 stone traps, dino gates and wooden spikes everywhere.

7 hours ago, Nuro said:

Hi So ive started on the island map, official pve server. I have been helped alot from players there setting up. I am wondering about transfering to other mapped servers for dino raids to get dinos that are not on the current map. What would people take on such an adventure? Im assuming its a basic style setup, but am curious what that would be and if there is anything i should be aware off, such as if i setup a trap, would i diamantle it on leaving etc. Thanks in advance.

Honestly, the basics is always good. Saddled Anky for metal, Saddled doed for stone, Id say a mammoth for wood, but others might argue a beaver, roll rat, ect. ect. 
You may also consider a mantis as "jack of all trades" as well as a easy KO dino as a mantis with LOTS of melee + ascendent basball bat = the knock out king. As for anything else, you might consider a chainsaw or chainsaw BP, same with high quality tools, long neck, maybe some pre preped kibbles, soups, med brews, and of course, armor. 

8 hours ago, Nuro said:

What would people take on such an adventure?

Harvesting animals plus at 3 good combat animals to ride on during your daily adventures.

As long as you can harvest fiber, thatch, wood & stone efficiently to get started, and you have a couple of combat animals to ensure that you can survive your first day, you'll be fine.

Ok first attempt really didnt go well.

Transfered to Fjordur, woke up nowhere near an obby.

Tried multiple times to reach the easier south west one, failled multiple times. Got eaten, almost every time. 

Tried finding beacons, didnt go well either as it had same result. Managed to get to one but it had 10 left on it......

Finally after six hours of trying and fustration managed to get within snifing distance. Sent the items i had on me into the oby. Went to switch server to go back to main, game crashed and im back on Fjordur.....

Made mistake of downloading to the fjodur server thinking i was still there, when it had in fact uploaded to the oby. I should of then switched to my original server...lessons learned on this one.